PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Johannisen upgraded

Cyberdoggie
25-07-2012, 06:25 PM
10:08 AM Wed 25 Jul, 2012

The Western Bulldogs has elevated exciting rookie defender Jason Johannisen to the Club’s primary list this morning, replacing James Mulligan who was placed on the long term injury list a fortnight ago.

Johannisen, a second year rookie, has been in terrific form at Williamstown this season and is in the mix to make his senior debut in the coming weeks.

The 19-year-old was recruited from East Fremantle with selection 39 in the 2010 Rookie Draft.

Rookie Johannisen upgraded (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/142574/default.aspx)

From the Western Bulldogs Website.

ratsmac
25-07-2012, 06:41 PM
James Mulligan should be on the long term no footy skills list :eek:

mighty_west
25-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Looking forward to see JJ get a run, hopefully adds some much needed excitement into the team, and inject some added pace.

For the Willy watchers, is he purely a midfielder or similar to Stacky running off a half back?

Cyberdoggie
25-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Looking forward to see JJ get a run, hopefully adds some much needed excitement into the team, and inject some added pace.

For the Willy watchers, is he purely a midfielder or similar to Stacky running off a half back?

I think Stacky half back is probably more JJ's style.

Will be a tough initiation in that role against StKilda who know that all they have to do is apply some physical pressure and we crumble.

soupman
25-07-2012, 11:37 PM
James Mulligan should be on the long term no footy skills list :eek:

I know mulligan isn't going to make it but do we need comments like this? the forum is negative enough without resorting to stuff like this.

jeemak
26-07-2012, 12:26 AM
I know mulligan isn't going to make it but do we need comments like this? the forum is negative enough without resorting to stuff like this.

Agree, the Mulligan bashing is pretty ordinary.

Anyway, good luck to JJ. Hope he grabs his chance over the next few weeks.

Dry Rot
26-07-2012, 01:24 AM
For those of us who haven't seen him play, what's he like?

Remi Moses
26-07-2012, 02:52 AM
The First South African to play for us?
Good luck to the kid

Cyberdoggie
26-07-2012, 12:25 PM
The First South African to play for us?
Good luck to the kid

First to play with us,
I found Damien Cupido, Stephen Lawrence and Ian Muller on Wiki,

More south african born than imported really.

There's been a few at state leagues and a couple of rookies.