PDA

View Full Version : I want the Power to Win for selfish reasons

mjp
24-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I dont really have anything against Geelong (though their crap performance in '95 spoiled my first Grand Final trip from WA), but the simple fact is, whilst I know countless Geelong fans, I know barely a handful of Port fans - and those are related to a player.

So the fact that I am not likely to be faced with faces of people with stupid "I just won a premiership and you didn't and I really can't believe you haven't won one since 1954 and we never expected this but you know we could very well win the next 4 that's how good we are and look out because Gary Ablett is about to bear my love child" smiles on their faces on Sunday/Monday if the Power wins makes me want that to be the result.

Does this make me a bad person?

Twodogs
24-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Not at all. You've espoused several excellent reasons for wanting Port to win.

LostDoggy
24-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Me too, my ex is a Geelong fan.

Sockeye Salmon
24-09-2007, 11:31 PM
I don't think I know a single Geelong supporter.

I have to hope Geelong win because I couldn't stand how arrogant Tredrea and Cornes were on Saturday.

Twodogs
24-09-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't think I know a single Geelong supporter.

I cant think of one that I know either.

LostDoggy
25-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Grew up in Geelong and they disgust me. Its a blood feud, ever since i was 5 years old down at VicKicK they have been pestering me. We used to play all the Geelong jumpers vs everyone else at training. I can even remember an older bloke giving me shit for wearing number 39 on my doggies jumper. Can't stand Geelon supporters either.

I'll be at my mates house for the Granny, should be great, 20 Geelong supporters and then me :(

Carn Port!

W W Biscuit
25-09-2007, 10:06 AM
My dad is a Geelong supporter, and there has never been good will between us when it comes to footy. All he ever wants to talk about is the Cats, and when the Bulldogs do enter the conversation, it is only as a prop to highlight how much better Geelong are. I couldn't stand it if they won a premiership before we did. Call me un-Victorian, but in my household come Saturday, "We'll never stop, stop, stop, 'til we're top, top, top..."

LostDoggy
25-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I want the Catters to win because I have to put up with Port supporters every day of my life and they shit me.

dog town
25-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I am going for Port. My best mate is a cats fan and has been a disgrace this year so I can only imagine how unbearable he will be should the cats get up. Port were paying $2.90 for the win last night and $12 for over 39.5 points. Think I might get on both to give me a little more incentive to go against a Victorian side.

Sedat
25-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Don't really care who wins this week. All my supporting effort during the finals went into whoever was playing Collingwood each week, and Geelong duly did the right thing on Friday night. In a peverse way, I only hope Port win just to hear Billy Brownless on SEN all the following week.

Bulldog Revolution
25-09-2007, 05:22 PM
It does not make you a bad person -

I want Geelong to win, even though I know there supporters will annoy me - but having read your thoughts on the game I am concerned that Port will find it easier to nullify Geelongs strengths than Geelong can nullify Ports.

Cntrary to some belief I dont think Geelong have built a dynasty here and that their side will need to add more leg speed to stay in contention in the years to come.

As a supporter I'll be extremely jealous - I've never been to a Grand Final and will never go until we are in it - I have long dreamt of being there to see it done - History made, our own drought breaker.

I then look forward to going home and settling down with the videotape and slo moing brilliant no look handballs out of packs etc - which I'll probably do for at least a month. But I will head to the Whitten Oval on the Sunday and just generally bask in the glory.

For god sake I even annointed Mitch Hahn the future norm smith medallist 5 years a go.

Twodogs
25-09-2007, 06:32 PM
I only hope Port win just to hear Billy Brownless on SEN all the following week.

Bloody good point!

Billy irritates me like no one else on earth (politicians aside). I'd love to hear his excuse making if they lost.

GO POWER!

Sockeye Salmon
25-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Both of them have one thing in common - neither of them are us.

LostDoggy
26-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I'd prefer Geelong to win, although that would leave us and St Kilda pretty lonely with our flag record..if that's a nice way of putting it. I don't mind Port at all, and there's a lot of Cats fans that are getting unbearable (thank God it's school holidays for it)...so I'm hoping most of the fuss will be over by the time it starts up again.

Sockeye Salmon
26-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd prefer Geelong to win, although that would leave us and St Kilda pretty lonely with our flag record..if that's a nice way of putting it. I don't mind Port at all, and there's a lot of Cats fans that are getting unbearable (thank God it's school holidays for it)...so I'm hoping most of the fuss will be over by the time it starts up again.

And Melbourne - 1964.

Freo haven't won one yet.

LostDoggy
26-09-2007, 01:44 PM
And Melbourne - 1964.

Freo haven't won one yet.

Oh yeah, forgot about Melbourne. If Fremantle still haven't won one in 50 years then they can join us as well, for the moment though they're off the hook.