PDA

View Full Version : MRP Round 18

bornadog
30-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Brian Lake, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling Stephen Milne, St Kilda, during the second quarter of the round 18 match between the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday July 29, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea. A first offence for wrestling is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

Lindsay Gilbee, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a Level Two striking offence against Sam Fisher, St Kilda, during the third quarter of the Round 18 match between the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday July 29, 2012.

In summary, due to an existing five-year good record, he can accept a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record with an early plea. Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the St Kilda Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing five year good record, reducing the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record.

Contact between St Kilda’s Beau Wilkes and the Western Bulldogs’ Daniel Cross from the first quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Cross has the ball and is tackled by Wilkes. The forward momentum of the players sees both fall to ground in the tackle. It was the view of the panel the tackle was not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

Contact between St Kilda’s Stephen Milne and the Western Bulldogs’ Brian Lake from the second quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. After viewing all available footage, receiving a medical report from the Western Bulldogs and interviewing the two umpires who were in close proximity to the incident, it was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a reportable offence.

Contact between St Kilda’s Stephen Milne and the Western Bulldogs’ Liam Picken from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. After viewing all available footage, it could not determined that a reportable offence had occurred.

Contact between St Kilda’s Leigh Montagna and the Western Bulldogs’ Daniel Pearce from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. After viewing all available footage and an investigation by the MRP in which both players were interviewed, it was determined that Montagna’s action was not a striking motion but a pushing-off motion towards his opponent. No further action was taken.

bornadog
30-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Why did I think that Wilkes would get away with undue rough play and Lake gets fined and Milne gets away with his elbow to the guts on both Lake and Murphy.

Reason: Our club is treated differently to others.:mad:

chef
30-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Gilbees hit was pretty stupid and pointless and very disappointing from a senior player. These guys are meant to be leading by example.

bornadog
30-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Gilbees hit was pretty stupid and pointless and very disappointing from a senior player. These guys are meant to be leading by example.

and the Saints get away with their actions.

chef
30-07-2012, 06:46 PM
and the Saints get away with their actions.

That's annoying too.

azabob
30-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Why did I think that Wilkes would get away with undue rough play and Lake gets fined and Milne gets away with his elbow to the guts on both Lake and Murphy.

What was wrong with Wilkes tackle?

Amusing reading that Milne had three "incidents" that didn't result in enough force.

chef
30-07-2012, 06:55 PM
What was wrong with Wilkes tackle?

Amusing reading that Milne had three "incidents" that didn't result in enough force.

I agree, what are players supposed to do?

IMO he was trying to roll Cross as to not give away a in the back free kick.

EasternWest
30-07-2012, 07:37 PM

I'll probably get shouted down here but I don't think the Wilkes tackle was too bad. Seemed like they went to ground with a consistent amount of force and that Wilkes didn't try to drive him forward.

I'm way more disappointed that we've lost such a warrior than I am about any sanction for Wilkes.

azabob
30-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I'll probably get shouted down here but I don't think the Wilkes tackle was too bad. Seemed like they went to ground with a consistent amount of force and that Wilkes didn't try to drive him forward.

I'm way more disappointed that we've lost such a warrior than I am about any sanction for Wilkes.

Read the two posts above.

EasternWest
30-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Read the two posts above.

Right. I started typing a while back and got interrupted. Guessing we'll be in the minority.

azabob
30-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Right. I started typing a while back and got interrupted. Guessing we'll be in the minority.

If we close the thread now, it will be the majority! ;)

jazzadogs
30-07-2012, 09:22 PM
You have another fan here. More surprised that Gilbee didn't get anything, Milne should have got a reprimand at least for the hit on Murphy and Scott Thompson was lucky (don't think he should have been suspended, but thought he would be if the MRP was hoping to maintain any consistency. Glad he did get off).

Wilkes did nothing wrong, Cross was just unlucky. And I'm shattered for him.

bornadog
30-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Wilkes did nothing wrong, Cross was just unlucky. .

Wrapped up both his arms and then threw him into the turf. Cross had nothing but his shoulder and head to hit the ground with to break the fall. Its exactly like a similar one earlier in the year, but this time Wilkes was lucky and got away with it.

chef
31-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Wrapped up both his arms and then threw him into the turf. Cross had nothing but his shoulder and head to hit the ground with to break the fall. Its exactly like a similar one earlier in the year, but this time Wilkes was lucky and got away with it.

It was one motion not two.

Scraggers
31-07-2012, 01:26 AM

The tackle was hard, but there wasn't a lot wrong with it. If you watch the replay, Wilkes actually face plants himself.

Milne on the other hand ... Geez :confused:

jazzadogs
31-07-2012, 11:53 AM
If you're referring to the tackle on Carrazzo, no-one was suspended for that either...

EasternWest
31-07-2012, 01:52 PM

Isn't the aim of a good tackle to wrap up both their arms?

Cross was unlucky that their forward momentum combined with the tight tackle gave him no chance to protect himself. But IMO there was no second movement from Wilkes to drive him down.

It was a combination of hard tackle and bad luck. Much as I'd love to pot a Saints player, there just wasn't much wrong with it.

LostDoggy
31-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Fisher dropped Gilbee behind the play, then Lindsay got up and whacked him back. How one gets looked at and the other dismissed is beyond me.

bornadog
31-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Fisher dropped Gilbee behind the play, then Lindsay got up and whacked him back. How one gets looked at and the other dismissed is beyond me.

Especially will all the cameras around the ground. If it was Judd, or Ablett or some other star that got dropped behind play the media frenzy would have been out of control.

KT31
31-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Isn't the aim of a good tackle to wrap up both their arms?

Cross was unlucky that their forward momentum combined with the tight tackle gave him no chance to protect himself. But IMO there was no second movement from Wilkes to drive him down.

It was a combination of hard tackle and bad luck. Much as I'd love to pot a Saints player, there just wasn't much wrong with it.

^^^^
Agree, its a physical game and sometimes players just get hurt.

azabob
31-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Brian Lake retweeted the following - wonder if he will get a please explain?

@GoDoggiesFFS: @AFL @westernbulldogs No Saints players charged from weekend.. @BrianLake36 done for wrestling but not Milne? Get your hand off it #ffs

Remi Moses
31-07-2012, 08:58 PM
What about the little Toe Rag kicking the ball hard and low for that last goal.
What a classless individual he is. Personally got no issue with the Wilkes tackle.

G-Mo77
01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Brian Lake retweeted the following - wonder if he will get a please explain?

@GoDoggiesFFS: @AFL @westernbulldogs No Saints players charged from weekend.. @BrianLake36 done for wrestling but not Milne? Get your hand off it #ffs

He didn't tweet it though.

azabob
01-08-2012, 07:07 PM
He didn't tweet it though.

No he didn't but he re-tweeted it from his twitter account, which to me, means he agrees with it.

mighty_west
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
How Milne got away with his round arm swing to collect Robert Murphy on the face is absolutely pathetic, Murph was floored by it and quickly remonstrated with the rat.

always right
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM
The Wilkes tackle was perfect......fair, hard and he even rolled Cross at the end. Absolutely correct decision by MRP.

Same for Milne's incidents though I find it more frustrating that no free kicks were paid when in previous games we saw Judd penalized for something similar on Priddis and Murphy on Betts recently.