PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 20 vs Richmond

GVGjr
04-08-2012, 11:04 AM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for the game against Richmond next Sunday afternoon at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would be appreciated.

GVGjr
04-08-2012, 05:25 PM
How many changes can we make in the next week?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-08-2012, 05:37 PM
How many changes can we make in the next week?

I guess it will be down to how the first gamers recover and if the player development path is preferred over the result. Providing they pull up well, I'd really like to continue with both Talia and JJ. They've both shown they have some good attributes that we need to invest in and try and develop through continued exposure to AFL football.

Hotdog60
04-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Would Skinner give us anything more than Panos or Hill?

I liked the Débutants and think they did well. Cooney may come in and Williams. It depends on the Willy report.

Eastdog
04-08-2012, 05:44 PM
We are playing Richmond at the MCG next week.

azabob
04-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Would Skinner give us anything more than Panos or Hill?

I liked the Débutants and think they did well. Cooney may come in and Williams. It depends on the Willy report.

I don't think Williamstown are playing this week.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Williams and Sherman probably come into calculations.

Campbell is a long way off it at the moment and DJ would be the other obvious omission.

azabob
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
We really are shuffling deck chairs now. Whoever comes in I think they will find it tough to add value.

In: Hargrave, Vez, Dahlhaus

Out: Skinner, Campbell, Djerrkura

Unsure if Tutt is injured or not.

Rance Fan
04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Was Williams injured?

In Panos
Out Skinner

Eastdog
04-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Was Williams injured?

In Panos
Out Skinner

Need to see how Panos goes and give him a taste of senior footy. Hopefully he makes his debut.

azabob
04-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Need to see how Panos goes and give him a taste of senior footy. Hopefully he makes his debut.

Who makes way for Panos? Who do you think should come in and be dropped?

bornadog
04-08-2012, 06:51 PM
We really are shuffling deck chairs now. Whoever comes in I think they will find it tough to add value.

In: Hargrave, Vez, Dahlhaus

Out: Skinner, Campbell, Djerrkura

Unsure if Tutt is injured or not.

Oh please no

azabob
04-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Oh please no

He is a better option than the three who I've omitted. What are your changes?

G-Mo77
04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Those selecting or thinking of selecting Dahlhaus for Round 20. He was wearing a moon boot today and you'd have to think he's almost certain to miss next week and potentially longer.

G-Mo77
04-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm happy to keep Skinner in the team next week.

Cambell is a definite out from me. Saw a real pathetic display today, worse than Josh Hill manning the mark last year. Kicked into the man on the mark. Stood there shaking his head, not trying to win the ball back. Walked around for a bit then pretended to be sore and started stretching at the 50. Get out!!

Wood should be in the mix this week. Higgo said he was 50/50 today.

At this stage I'll call it.

Out: Campbell, DJ
In: Wood, Williams/Jones

azabob
04-08-2012, 07:51 PM

I didn't see anything in Skinner today, poor hands, no where near fit enough, quite embarrassing actually how unfit he is.

What did you see in him?

Desipura
04-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh please no

Can we stop bagging Ves, we know you don't rate him and DJ, Im sick of the bagging. :D

G-Mo77
04-08-2012, 07:56 PM
What did you see in him?

Not much to be honest. He would have faired a lot better with some experienced bodies around him. We really don't have a lot to lose by playing him another week so wouldn't be upset to see him line up again. He may surprise us, he may not.

Eastdog
04-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Who makes way for Panos? Who do you think should come in and be dropped?

Most likely Zeph Skinner I would say as Rance Fan suggested. I wouldnt drop Roughead as he was very good down back for us today marking very well. I think Roughead definitely is player that has a future with us going forward.

Desipura
04-08-2012, 08:00 PM

Cambell is a definite out from me. Saw a real pathetic display today, worse than Josh Hill manning the mark last year. Kicked into the man on the mark. Stood there shaking his head, not trying to win the ball back. Walked around for a bit then pretended to be sore and started stretching at the 50. Get out!!

Wood should be in the mix this week. Higgo said he was 50/50 today.

At this stage I'll call it.

Out: Campbell, DJ
In: Wood, Williams/Jones

Skinner was a non factor, Campbell did not do much however at least provided some physicality early on.

AndrewP6
04-08-2012, 08:05 PM
OUT: Skinner, Libba
IN: Coons if available. Failing that, Shermo. Williams

Not sure about Dahlhaus regarding the moon (boot) sighting.

I really like Zeph,and the notion of him becoming a successful (or even fair to middling) AFL player. But really, he's several country miles away from it. Talk about running out a game, Zeph can barely run out five minutes. He does some good things, but he is perpetually knackered. It staggers me that someone could spend a couple of years in an AFL club environment, and still lack fitness. Either he doesn't work to the level required, or the fitness staff are hopeless. To top that off, he gets a golden opportunity, and handballs it off???

The newbies did well today I thought, so I'd be OK with them all staying in the side.

SlimPickens
04-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Out: Skinner, DJ

In: Williams, sherman

Have no issue with Campbell playing the 2IC in the ruck. Williams plays forward for Skinner.

Sherman plays as DJ is a non entity

Mofra
04-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Out: Zephi, Campbell, DJ
In: Williams, Sherman, Dahlhaus

JJ & Talia stay in - saw some decent signs from both.
JJ looks set to become our Harbrow - takes the game on.

westbulldog
04-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Out Skinner
In Williams or Panos

I cannot fathom how either Veszpremi or Sherman are going to take us anywhere next year.

Greystache
05-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Out: Skinner, DJ

In: Williams, sherman

Have no issue with Campbell playing the 2IC in the ruck. Williams plays forward for Skinner.

Sherman plays as DJ is a non entity

Yep, I agree with that.

The Underdog
05-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Out: Campbell, Djerkurra

In: Williams, Dahlhaus

I know there is a call to drop Skinner and he wasn't good yesterday but I'm interested in seeing how he goes backing up from a full game. The things he did do yesterday were, present at the ball carrier (even if he couldn't hold a mark to save himself) and he put a great block on when Dylan marked and goaled in the 2nd. Realistically he's a bit off the pace but it's not like we're going to win so I'm happy to give him one more chance. Campbell is unlucky but Richmond have no 2nd ruck and with Williams coming in he and Roughy can cover the 2nd ruck job. Campbell's promotion to the list seems assured anyway.
Not sure where Wood is at.

G-Mo77
06-08-2012, 09:18 PM
So Libba is an obvious out. Tutt has injured his hammy and will miss as well. I'll have another go at my selections

Nothing was mentioned about Dahlhaus on the injury report so I'm going to assume he's good to go.

Out: Campbell, DJ, Libba, Tutt
In: Wood, Williams, Sherman, Dahlhaus

azabob
06-08-2012, 09:20 PM
So Libba is an obvious out. Tutt has injured his hammy and will miss as well. I'll have another go at my selections

Nothing was mentioned about Dahlhaus on the injury report so I'm going to assume he's good to go.

Someone mentioned Dahlhaus was in a moon boot on Saturday night. Do we even know why Sherman was a late withdrawal?

Pickenitup
06-08-2012, 09:22 PM
In Wood Dahlhaus Williams Moles (Give the guy One more chance cant hurt)
Out Libba Campbell Tutt Dj

G-Mo77
06-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Someone mentioned Dahlhaus was in a moon boot on Saturday night. Do we even know why Sherman was a late withdrawal?

Yeah that was me. Heard that on the radio. Sherman was sick wasn't he or was that Williams. I watched the video 5 minutes ago and it's already escaped my mind.

Desipura
07-08-2012, 09:40 AM
In: Williams, Sherman, Moles
Out: Libba, Tutt and Skinner

The Underdog
07-08-2012, 09:51 AM
In: Williams, Sherman, Moles
Out: Libba, Tutt and Skinner

Are we giving him a farewell game?

Desipura
07-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Are we giving him a farewell game?
McCartney will give him a chance to see whether to retain him for 2013 (providing he has not made his decision).

bornadog
07-08-2012, 10:54 AM
McCartney will give him a chance to see whether to retain him for 2013 (providing he has not made his decision).

But does he deserve a game?

The Pie Man
07-08-2012, 11:35 AM

If Dahl is fit, these would be very close to my changes also. Would also consider a forward (like Panos) for Skinner.

If Dahl isn't fit, I gues they'd go with DJ again - I'd rather give Hooper one last shot than DJ. That's said with not a great deal of enthusiasm I might add.

With Roughhead & Williams in, I think it's very silly playing Campbell

Desipura
07-08-2012, 11:57 AM
He has been injured the majority of the year and was named in the bests in the last game.
Did Skinner deserve a game?

bornadog
07-08-2012, 12:07 PM
He has been injured the majority of the year and was named in the bests in the last game.
Did Skinner deserve a game?

Yeah, I don't think he did.

LostDoggy
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM
DJ does a lot of running around without finding the ball. Tends to fumble as well. The question is whether this is a permanent state or whether he just requires time and patience. I like his attack and his energy but he lacks finesse and balance. I'd persevere with him for now. Get successive games into him to see if any improvement is possible.

Skinner has a long way to go, but again experience and durability can't be bought in 5 seconds. Play him for the experience and education.

Sherman on the other hand represents a problem in that he does not appear to follow instructions and structures. Was he one of those wandering around aimlessly that Macca mentioned a couple of weeks ago? JJ may well have his spot covered.

azabob
07-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Luke Dahlhaus out for the season with an ankle injury.

bornadog
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM

Nooooooooooo

DragzLS1
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Tell me it's not true!!

Well at least all the youngsters get a go.

Can we pull off a west coast like season next season and shoot up the table with all these young guys getting games this season and last? Or would we be another 2 pre seasons away from that happening?

We have had richmonds measure recently but I think the player selection this week out of the available we have is going to see us fall short with another 8-10 goal defeat.

Sockeye Salmon
07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
DJ does a lot of running around without finding the ball. Tends to fumble as well. The question is whether this is a permanent state or whether he just requires time and patience. I like his attack and his energy but he lacks finesse and balance. I'd persevere with him for now. Get successive games into him to see if any improvement is possible.

Skinner has a long way to go, but again experience and durability can't be bought in 5 seconds. Play him for the experience and education.

Sherman on the other hand represents a problem in that he does not appear to follow instructions and structures. Was he one of those wandering around aimlessly that Macca mentioned a couple of weeks ago? JJ may well have his spot covered.

DJ and Skinner can't play. Cut our losses and move on, there is no more point to playing them this year than there is Gilbee or Hargrave (at least Gilbee and Hargrave can play and deserve farewells).

Sherman will get another year but could easily see others pass him by.

azabob
07-08-2012, 06:12 PM
DJ and Skinner can't play. Cut our losses and move on, there is no more point to playing them this year than there is Gilbee or Hargrave (at least Gilbee and Hargrave can play and deserve farewells).

Agree with all that.

Your thoughts on Veszpremi?

Mofra
07-08-2012, 07:24 PM

+ 1

It's a shame becuse DJ is 95% of the way there and seems to be a hard worker - but he can't get over his fumbles.

Sherman will be lucky to be offered another contract

AndrewP6
07-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Have all of our inclusions this year deserved a game?

Pedro Sanchez
07-08-2012, 07:49 PM
But on a positive - how good was JJ on debut. Has a great build, is quick and has skills. Get some game time into him and he'll become a game breaking half back.

Onwards and upwards to season 2013 I say.

Maddog37
07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Would like to know how much JJ has grown in the last year or two.

azabob
07-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Would like to know how much JJ has grown in the last year or two.

His limbs are long, could be a hurdler.

Sockeye Salmon
07-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Agree with all that.

Your thoughts on Veszpremi?

Line ball. I guess it depends on how many we want to delist. His future could actually depend on getting a mini draft pick and having one more spot on the list free.

Bulldog Revolution
07-08-2012, 09:25 PM
+ 1

It's a shame becuse DJ is 95% of the way there and seems to be a hard worker - but he can't get over his fumbles.

At times over his two years with us I'd felt he was going to put it together, but then he'll miss goals that you think he should kick, or fumble as you say

The final stages of the season will determine DJs career. We will be making so many changes that its really up to him.

bornadog
07-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Line ball. I guess it depends on how many we want to delist. His future could actually depend on getting a mini draft pick and having one more spot on the list free.

Spud

Desipura
08-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Spud
Cmon BAD, thats not like you.

bornadog
08-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Cmon BAD, thats not like you.

Sorry, it was a bad joke. Last year SS used that terminology about a player.

Ghost Dog
08-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Vezpremi has a dose of the nerves. Always looks a bit overwhelmed, tends to panic a bit. Otherwise I think he might have been ok. With Libba out, I would actually be tempted to give him a run in the midfield.

bornadog
08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Vezpremi has a dose of the nerves. Always looks a bit overwhelmed, tends to panic a bit. Otherwise I think he might have been ok. With Libba out, I would actually be tempted to give him a run in the midfield.

He does not have the tank to be on the HBF or HFF let alone midfield.

bornadog
08-08-2012, 10:54 PM
In the Mix (From AFL.com.au)

The Bulldogs might well be boosted by the return of several players this week, including Lindsay Gilbee and two teammates who were late withdrawals for the clash with North Melbourne - Tom Williams (ankle) and Justin Sherman (virus). Lukas Markovic (hamstring), Easton Wood (general tightness) and Adam Cooney (knee) will undergo fitness tests, while veteran Ryan Hargrave, Ayce Cordy and the uncapped Fletcher Roberts might also be in contention.

Sedat
08-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Sorry, it was a bad joke. Last year SS used that terminology about a player.
Actually the word used was 'potato', in reference to my man Ed Barlow. Another eker career full of indifference and mediocrity cruelly cut short :D

bornadog
09-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Actually the word used was 'potato', in reference to my man Ed Barlow. Another eker career full of indifference and mediocrity cruelly cut short :D

Yes thats the one, thanks for the correction:D I actually thought Barlow showed something, but to date I can't see much in Vez (other than his long kicking)

Ghost Dog
09-08-2012, 10:21 AM

Who was the poster who advocated for the retention of Barlow, on the basis of his ability to do 'Donkey work' down back? :D
Actually I enjoyed seeing Barlow run around. He was entertaining for his slight awkwardness married with his dedication for the contest. My heart was always in my mouth! Was he really worse than Vezpremi? Don't think so

westdog54
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Who was the poster who advocated for the retention of Barlow, on the basis of his ability to do 'Donkey work' down back? :D
Actually I enjoyed seeing Barlow run around. He was entertaining for his slight awkwardness married with his dedication for the contest. My heart was always in my mouth! Was he really worse than Vezpremi? Don't think so

The question that really needs to ask is 'Is he worse than Austin or Redpath?', because they are the players who filled his rookie list spok.

KT31
09-08-2012, 12:15 PM
The question that really needs to ask is 'Is he worse than Austin or Redpath?', because they are the players who filled his rookie list spok.

Thank's Captain.:)

Mofra
09-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Barlow was ahead of Vez for mine - had an excellent enough tank to get to contests, and played on with a broken finger last year so had a bit of determination about him.
Unfortunately despite the tank he was a midfielder in a KPPs body, that always makes it hard for a player (eg. Skipper, the ruckman in a KPPs body).

Maddog37
09-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Let's hope those two live long and prosper a bit more than Ed.

Sockeye Salmon
09-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Barlow couldn't catch. Being big and fast is all very well, he just didn't have the ability.

Veszpremi probably won't make it, but at least his has the tools that make you think it's possible.

EasternWest
09-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Veszpremi probably won't make it, but at least his has the tools that make you think it's possible.

Isn't that almost worse? A guy who gives you glimpses but just doesn't cut it.

I wanted him to make it, but IMO his papers are stamped. Just not fit enough.

Nuggety Back Pocket
09-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Have all of our inclusions this year deserved a game?

Dickson, Campbell, Pearce, JJ and Talia have been good inclusions and would appear to have a future with the Club. Austin was more than handy for several weeks when both Williams and Markovic were out through injury. The lack of a quality key forward is still a concern hence the improvising of Cordy and Roughead in these roles. Roughead looks better suited in defence where he played his best game against North Melbourne.

Sockeye Salmon
09-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Dickson, Campbell, Pearce, JJ and Talia have been good inclusions and would appear to have a future with the Club. Austin was more than handy for several weeks when both Williams and Markovic were out through injury. The lack of a quality key forward is still a concern hence the improvising of Cordy and Roughead in these roles. Roughead looks better suited in defence where he played his best game against North Melbourne.

Andrew's comment wasn't about how they have performed when they have been there, rather whether they deserved the chance they got.

Austin got a callup after 1 senior game at Willi after having been injured for months. Likewise JJ (while he had been very good earlier in the season) had been out for 6-8 weeks and got a callup based on just 2-3 games back (games that were probably not as good as his earlier season ones).

LostDoggy
09-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Andrew's comment wasn't about how they have performed when they have been there, rather whether they deserved the chance they got.

Austin got a callup after 1 senior game at Willi after having been injured for months. Likewise JJ (while he had been very good earlier in the season) had been out for 6-8 weeks and got a callup based on just 2-3 games back (games that were probably not as good as his earlier season ones).

One or two of them probably didn't deserve it but circumstances forced the decision. I have no issue with giving these blokes the opportunity given our current situation.

Would we criticise the Match Committee more if they didn't give them a go?

bornadog
09-08-2012, 05:42 PM
One or two of them probably didn't deserve it but circumstances forced the decision. I have no issue with giving these blokes the opportunity given our current situation.

Would we criticise the Match Committee more if they didn't give them a go?

Last season and this we have debuted almost 20 new players, so we will see what they are made of. Hopefully a few more will get an opportunity before the end of season.

Greystache
09-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Official Squad

In- Gilbee, Hargrave, Jong, Roberts, Sherman, Hooper

Out- Howard, Tutt, Libba

Eastdog
09-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Official Squad

Out- Howard, Tutt, Libba

Do you think Lin may be the sub?

bornadog
09-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Official Squad

Out- Howard, Tutt, Libba

I would rather see Roberts than Hargrave and Gilbee in.

Remi Moses
09-08-2012, 07:59 PM
The Ins ( bar Sherman)indicate where we're at .
Complete inexperience mix with some ol' timers

Greystache
09-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I would rather see Roberts than Hargrave and Gilbee in.

I would too in theory, but Richmond look very very short in their forward line. It wouldn't be of great benefit to him if he ends up matched up on a Nahas or King.

bornadog
09-08-2012, 09:26 PM
The Ins ( bar Sherman)indicate where we're at .
Complete inexperience mix with some ol' timers

I wonder what happened to Williams,

azabob
09-08-2012, 09:30 PM

Was thinking the same thing. A few weeks back (against Carlton, I think) he appeared to be favouring one of his shoulders so perhaps he has had another slight setback?

EasternWest
09-08-2012, 09:31 PM

I wonder if they might have decided to shelve Williams?

Given that he has showed glimpses as a leading forward maybe the want him to hit next preseason with a clean bill of health so he can work on his development instead of rehabbing?

Just a thought.

LostDoggy
09-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Awful looking team on paper. Very top heavy and our on ball brigade look light on. Hoping our back line goes in a lot shorter than what is named.

comrade
09-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Are Tutt and Howard injured?

How could you possibly consider playing Hargrave, Tutt, Sherman or Hooper ahead of them, considering where we're at?

AndrewP6
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM

How could you possibly consider playing Hargrave, Tutt, Sherman or Hooper ahead of them, considering where we're at?

Tutt has done a hammy.Howard not on the injury list, so I assume omitted.

Go_Dogs
09-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Tutt has done a hammy.Howard not on the injury list, so I assume omitted.

Howard out with an abductor I believe.

Greystache
09-08-2012, 11:49 PM

Tutt- hamstring
Howard- groin
Libba- suspended

AndrewP6
09-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Howard out with an abductor I believe.

Tutt- hamstring
Howard- groin
Libba- suspended

Ah, I missed that one!

comrade
10-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Tutt- hamstring
Howard- groin
Libba- suspended

Thanks for clearing it up.

G-Mo77
10-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Surprised Tommy didn't come in. Wood also a bit of a surprise. I guess no point in risking injury at this stage.

Clay Smith with a huge job this week. Libba leaves some pretty big shoes to fill.

I'll take a punt at the interchange

INT: Lindsay Gilbee, Jarrad Grant, Andrew Hooper, Lin Jong (Sub)

I'm almost certain on all but Hooper's spot. Would love to see him get a game but it could easily be either Zeph or DJ in that spot.

Maddog37
10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Would not want to risk an accidental win by picking a stronger team.

bornadog
10-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Would not want to risk an accidental win by picking a stronger team.

But we are playing ninthmond:D

Maddog37
10-08-2012, 09:43 AM
If anyone is going to roll over and give us an unexpected win it would be the Tiggers.

Sockeye Salmon
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
What could possibly be the point in playing Hooper? He is clearly going to be delisted.

LostDoggy
10-08-2012, 10:04 AM
What could possibly be the point in playing Hooper? He is clearly going to be delisted.
You're not allowed to be negative.
We are having a great year, everything is rosy.

The Underdog
10-08-2012, 10:22 AM

Hopefully he's an emergency. Seems a bizarre choice.

I'm actually ok with Shaggy and Gilbs getting games to end the year considering it is likely they'll both "retire". It's not like most of the kids aren't getting opportunities and I don't doubt Roberts will get one.

G-Mo77
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm actually ok with Shaggy and Gilbs getting games to end the year considering it is likely they'll both "retire". It's not like most of the kids aren't getting opportunities and I don't doubt Roberts will get one.

Same, Happy with Gilbs and Shaggy as Ins. I know Lindsay wants to go on next year even if it's elsewhere so here's his chance to prove he's still worth a spot on a teams list. I don't like his chances though. Haven't heard anything about Shaggy's plans, heard he was contemplating finishing up last year.

The Underdog
10-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Same, Happy with Gilbs and Shaggy as Ins. I know Lindsay wants to go on next year even if it's elsewhere so here's his chance to prove he's still worth a spot on a teams list. I don't like his chances though. Haven't heard anything about Shaggy's plans, heard he was contemplating finishing up last year.

I think Shags was quoted as saying he wanted to go on, but he'd have to be borderline considering his non selection a couple of times recently. I can't see Gilbs getting another year, but given how selection has gone this year, I'd hesitate to even guess at who gets to play on and who doesn't.

G-Mo77
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I think Shags was quoted as saying he wanted to go on, but he'd have to be borderline considering his non selection a couple of times recently. I can't see Gilbs getting another year, but given how selection has gone this year, I'd hesitate to even guess at who gets to play on and who doesn't.

It may mean he tries elsewhere then.

LostDoggy
10-08-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbSSekMu-CQ

Fletcher Roberts - Is he a likely type?

Sockeye Salmon
10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbSSekMu-CQ

Fletcher Roberts - Is he a likely type?

I really like him. We've been playing him as a defender at Willi and while he is more negating than attacking, his kicking is good enough to take the kick-ins.

He has certainly bulked up a lot since then. I would have thought he was well ahead of Talia.

PS. He kicked 5 in that GF, 4 in the last quarter.

bornadog
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM

or is he:eek:

The Underdog
10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
or is he:eek:

He and Mulligan are getting 3 year contracts I heard :D

Can I also ask that we refer to Howard's injury as an adductor muscle?
Abduction is much more serious than a muscle strain.

EasternWest
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
He and Mulligan are getting 3 year contracts I heard :D

Unless its an abductor muscle. Then referring to it as an adductor would be incorrect.

divvydan
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Final changes. Hargrave, Sherman, Jong in for Tutt, Howard, Liberatore.

Good luck to Jong in his first game.

The Underdog
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Unless its an abductor muscle. Then referring to it as an adductor would be incorrect.

The injury report I read said adductor. But it may have been off much like my attempt at humour.

Greystache
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Abductor is a muscle on the outside of the thigh, it is generically referred to as a hip.

An adductor is a muscle on the inside of the thigh generically referred to as a groin.

Howard is out with an adductor.

EasternWest
10-08-2012, 07:01 PM

The injury report I read said adductor. But it may have been off much like my attempt at humour.

Well I feel foolish. Of course you were making a gag. I'm a little ashamed of myself that I missed it. My apologies :).

Abductor is a muscle on the outside of the thigh, it is generically referred to as a hip.

An adductor is a muscle on the inside of the thigh generically referred to as a groin.

Howard is out with an adductor.

I know. But if someone had an abductor injury, it would be incorrect to call it a groin injury. Actually, I think you and I are making the same point.

It's a moot point anyway, as The Underdog was being a funny fella and it went right over my head!

LostDoggy
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Howard's been abducted?

Mofra
10-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Howard's been abducted?
Ironic - normally it's our forwards that go missing

azabob
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
@AFL_PKeane: Matthew Panos has replaced Lindsay Gilbee as one of the three emergency players for the Western Bulldogs for tomorrow's match v Richmond.

Patrick Keane just tweeted the above.

G-Mo77
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Interesting. Could Panos finally get a shot this week? I don't think he's even made the squad this year has he?

bulldogsthru&thru
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Lets see if he plays for Willy this afternoon

GVGjr
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
@AFL_PKeane: Matthew Panos has replaced Lindsay Gilbee as one of the three emergency players for the Western Bulldogs for tomorrow's match v Richmond.

Patrick Keane just tweeted the above.
How many people are you receiving tweets from?

azabob
11-08-2012, 02:42 PM
How many people are you receiving tweets from?

I follow 114 people / companies. It might sound like a lot, but it isn't if you consider the amount of times they tweet during the day. Some (nearly half) would tweet every couple of days and it would only be one tweet.
For me it allows me to keep up to date with overseas sporting events as I don't have foxtel as well as what bands I like may be up to.

westdog54
12-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Ironic - normally it's our forwards that go missing

BoomTish. Best joke of the week.

Certainly working better than Underdog's abductor gag.

The Underdog
12-08-2012, 02:31 PM
BoomTish. Best joke of the week.

Certainly working better than Underdog's abductor gag.

Joke police too?

divvydan
12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Late change. Hooper in for Pearce. Djerrkura sub.

Mantis
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Late change. Hooper in for Pearce. Djerrkura sub.

Can't say I'm excited by this.

Eastdog
12-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Will Lin Jong feature in today's match. Interested to see how Hooper goes.

LostDoggy
12-08-2012, 03:26 PM
This is the worst team i've seen take the field in a long time. Surely it would have been worth dropping the 3rd ruckman to play a legitimate tall forward like Panos or Jones?
In some ways i feel the best thing we could do developmentally would be to somehow not play Minson and let the young ruckmen ruck rather then play full forward and full back. That said he's been in our top-3 players for the year and he's rightfully going to play every game for the rest of the year.

Unfortunate about Pearce, last week was his best game by far from what i saw

edit: wow Griff out last minute, Roberts in.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Very late change. Griff hurt himself in the warm up. Fletcher Roberts in...
this could get ugly

bornadog
12-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Griff out Roberts in

Mofra
12-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Interesting - a tall in for Griff.