PDA

View Full Version : MRP - Hargrave one week.

bornadog
13-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Ryan Hargrave, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a level three striking offence against Daniel Jackson, Richmond, during the third quarter of the Round 20 match between the Western Bulldogs and Richmond, played at the MCG on Sunday August 12, 2012.

Contact between the Western Bulldogs’ Liam Picken and Richmond’s Brett Deledio from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Picken tackles Deledio and locks both of the Richmond player’s arms as he starts to take him to ground. As Deledio is going to ground, he attempts to kick the ball. A free kick was paid for an illegal tackle and it was the view of the panel the free kick was appropriate and the impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

BulldogBelle
13-08-2012, 06:31 PM
What about Picken nearly having his head taken off by Mcguane. (or was it Tuck?)

Doc26
13-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Noticed that Joel Selwood copped 1 week by the MRP for pushing his brother after their fierce contest. Apparently you're not permitted to touch a player who may be injured. Ok so with this in mind what happened to Jake King pushing Hargrave with the same level of force after Ryan was lying on his back in considerable pain after a contest ? Nothing of course. The MRP if nothing else are consistent with their inconsistencies.

Pickenitup
13-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I saw that act by King to Shaggy very poor from the little prick King gee i hate that guy

Mantis
13-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I saw that act by King to Shaggy very poor from the little prick King gee i hate that guy

Did you see the act that lead to this incident?... Obviously the MRP didn't as 1 week was rather lenient.

always right
13-08-2012, 09:04 PM
What happened to Lake to Cause him to double over in pain after taking a mark in the last quarter?

G-Mo77
14-08-2012, 01:48 AM
What happened to Lake to Cause him to double over in pain after taking a mark in the last quarter?

He got a punch in the stomach. I think it was Morris that whacked him.

Doc26
14-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Did you see the act that lead to this incident?... Obviously the MRP didn't as 1 week was rather lenient.

What did that incident have to do with Jake King ? The incident you refer to sometime earlier was between Jackson and Hargrave. Hargrave may or may not have got off lightly but this doesn't excuse King's later and separate act particularly in light of Selwood's MRP charge.

bornadog
14-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Western Bulldogs defender Ryan Hargrave will miss this week’s clash against Sydney after accepting a one-match ban for striking Richmond’s Daniel Jackson on Sunday.

Hargrave was charged with a Level Three striking charge in the third quarter of the loss to Richmond at the MCG, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction.

An early plea reduced the sanction to one match.

The 203 game veteran finished the game with 15 possessions and two marks.

In Hargrave’s absence, either Easton Wood or Lukas Markovic look to be the likely replacement after impressive games in the VFL.

Mantis
14-08-2012, 05:09 PM
What did that incident have to do with Jake King ? The incident you refer to sometime earlier was between Jackson and Hargrave. Hargrave may or may not have got off lightly but this doesn't excuse King's later and separate act particularly in light of Selwood's MRP charge.

I might have my wires crossed, but are we talking about King's reaction to the Hargrave-Jackson incident?

bornadog
14-08-2012, 05:27 PM
I might have my wires crossed, but are we talking about King's reaction to the Hargrave-Jackson incident?

I had a look at the video and that was a nice smack in the face Hargrave gave Jackson.

see video here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/bulldogs%20tv/tabid/8663/default.aspx#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvid eo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo)

Doc26
14-08-2012, 05:28 PM

Not too long after the Hargrave-Jackson incident King took it upon himself to verbalise / get in Hargrave's face down in the goals square to let him know his feelings on the incident. Fair enough, get that. Shaggy let him vent on him no doubt knowing he had down wrong on Jackson.

Some time later in the game Hargrave was in a contest out on the southern stand side flank / wing which resulted in Ryan hurting himself and for a period lay flat on his back in obvious discomfort. King obviously still aggrieved by the incident some time back with Jackson took it upon himself to go to Ryan, whilst he was in pain, lying on his back, and shove him further with no less force than what Joel did to his brother.

I just don't understand how Selwood would get sighted for manhandling an injured player (his brother) when King's identical act on Shaggy would not be assessed in the same way.

Doc26
14-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I had a look at the video and that was a nice smack in the face Hargrave gave Jackson.

see video here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/bulldogs%20tv/tabid/8663/default.aspx#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvid eo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo)

btw BD, just noticed from your link that we've now passed 30k members.

bornadog
14-08-2012, 05:32 PM
btw BD, just noticed from your link that we've now passed 30k members.

Yes its been about a week, hopefully they will stick with the club next year.

G-Mo77
14-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Nice whack by Shaggy. Jackson is one AFL player who deserves a good punch in the mouth.

LostDoggy
14-08-2012, 06:15 PM
May have been dropped anyway

Maddog37
14-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Sure sign you have had enough footy when you start belting people. Old and grumpy like Scarlett is now.

LostDoggy
14-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Sure sign you have had enough footy when you start belting people. Old and grumpy like Scarlett is now.

Nah, Shaggy has always been a feisty one.

LostDoggy
15-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Noticed that Joel Selwood copped 1 week by the MRP for pushing his brother after their fierce contest. Apparently you're not permitted to touch a player who may be injured. Ok so with this in mind what happened to Jake King pushing Hargrave with the same level of force after Ryan was lying on his back in considerable pain after a contest ? Nothing of course. The MRP if nothing else are consistent with their inconsistencies.

Too true. So Jake King has come out & said that Geelong should have fought Selwoods charge. Funny how no one in the media has made the connection that King did the same thing to Hargrave on Sunday. :rolleyes:

Doc26
15-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Nah, Shaggy has always been a feisty one.

Indeed. Which does remind me, Heath Black will be guest speaker at an event I've been invited to recently, to be held in a couple of weeks time.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6914/heathblack.jpg

jeemak
16-08-2012, 02:47 AM
I played my junior football with and against Heath. He was a young man that had carisma, and ability that couldn't be denied. Playing with some inter-league representative squads in his time, I always knew he had the talent to be a gun of the league.

For mine, compared to other footballers that I grew up with who were in his class I really thought he held himself together moreso than they did. Maybe that was the reason why he was able to make it to an extent.

Makes me think, while we see a few cases of footballers with dreams of making it to the big time, having binding media commitments and the pressures that go along with all of that who fail, there are so many that don't make it, or almost do that are probably slipping through the cracks that lead to mental illness.

I'll be interested to hear your comments on the discussion.

bornadog
16-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I played my junior football with and against Heath. He was a young man that had carisma, and ability that couldn't be denied. Playing with some inter-league representative squads in his time, I always knew he had the talent to be a gun of the league.

For mine, compared to other footballers that I grew up with who were in his class I really thought he held himself together moreso than they did. Maybe that was the reason why he was able to make it to an extent.

Makes me think, while we see a few cases of footballers with dreams of making it to the big time, having binding media commitments and the pressures that go along with all of that who fail, there are so many that don't make it, or almost do that are probably slipping through the cracks that lead to mental illness.

I'll be interested to hear your comments on the discussion.

One thing that leads to mental illness like Bipolar, depression is drugs;)

Maddog37
16-08-2012, 12:12 PM

Chicken and egg BAD. Maybe the reason someone would possibly use drugs would be because of mental illness.

bornadog
16-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Chicken and egg BAD. Maybe the reason someone would possibly use drugs would be because of mental illness.

Results of some recent study shows otherwise, but I know what you mean.

jeemak
18-08-2012, 06:06 AM

You mean drugs like alcohol, or do mean drugs like ecstacy, ice or marijuana? :o

bornadog
18-08-2012, 01:51 PM
You mean drugs like alcohol, or do mean drugs like ecstacy, ice or marijuana? :o

All of the above