PDA

View Full Version : Round 21 - Other Matches

Eastdog
16-08-2012, 12:27 PM
For all discussion of the other round 21 matches. It starts with Geelong playing St Kilda tomorrow night.

azabob
16-08-2012, 09:08 PM
For all discussion of the other round 21 matches. It starts with Geelong playing St Kilda tomorrow night.

Eastdog who else is playing this week? - Also where is tomorrow night ?

I certainly hope West Coast finish 5th and the Dockers 8th which effectively means the eagles lose home ground advantage. (Plus it means Essendon missed the finals)

AndrewP6
16-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Eastdog who else is playing this week? - Also where is tomorrow night ?

I certainly hope West Coast finish 5th and the Dockers 8th which effectively means the eagles lose home ground advantage. (Plus it means Essendon missed the finals)

https://www.afl.com.au/

azabob
16-08-2012, 10:40 PM
https://www.afl.com.au/

Yeah I get it Andrew your hinting don't be lazy.... but would be good if Eastdog could give a little more info and I think then the thread would get some more traffic. Anywaysssss

AndrewP6
16-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah I get it Andrew your hinting don't be lazy.... but would be good if Eastdog could give a little more info and I think then the thread would get some more traffic. Anywaysssss

Might get more traffic once the games start ;)

azabob
16-08-2012, 11:35 PM

Think you might be onto something there...

bornadog
17-08-2012, 12:01 AM

I will kick things off. Can't see the Saints winning tomorrow night. As far as Essendon Carlton go, not sure who to pick there.

Eastdog
17-08-2012, 11:10 AM

When I do the thread in the next 2 weeks and for the finals series Ill make sure I list the matches and the venues and times when they will be on.

azabob
17-08-2012, 12:30 PM
When I do the thread in the next 2 weeks and for the finals series Ill make sure I list the matches and the venues and times when they will be on.

Hi Eastdog, hope you didn't take offense, but especially for the finals I think it would be good to list them!

Eastdog
17-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi Eastdog, hope you didn't take offense, but especially for the finals I think it would be good to list them!

No offense taken at all. Your just recommending a way I could improve the thread. Ill do it for the final series matches.

Eastdog
17-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Looks like its going to be a good last qtr.

Sedat
17-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Jordan Murdoch - pick 48. Early days but he looks to have some serious tricks. I remember Emma Quayle really rating him last year and being very surprised he slipped so far down.

Eastdog
17-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Could the Cats win the flag from outside the top 4?

bornadog
17-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Could the Cats win the flag from outside th top 4?

too hard from outside the top 4

Eastdog
17-08-2012, 11:31 PM
too hard from outside the top 4

Especially under this final system which I think is better than the old one. This one is more weighted to the top 4 as it should be.

Sedat
17-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes they can. Whether or not they do is another question but there is more than enough genuine talent in their list still close to the peak of their powers. They just need to maintain their top-end form over the course of 120 minutes instead of 60-90. They have switched off in games too often this season and they can't afford to do so in September. But none of the top 4 will hold any fears for them whatsoever.

azabob
18-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Yes. They have star players and a monster of a key forward who is dominating.

LostDoggy
18-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Essendon more injuries. Getting a thrashing and will not make the 8 at this rate. I think its first time since the 70s that a club has had
such a winning start then miss out on finals.

LostDoggy
18-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Richmond are definetely out of the race now. This week talk on them possibly playing in September fell at the first hurdle. How good is Cotchin propangda was slightly exaggerated because they played us last week.

Eastdog
18-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Richmond are definetely out of the race now. This week talk on them possibly playing in September fell at the first hurdle. How good is Cotchin propangda was slightly exaggerated because they played us last week.

We made him look super good last week. Collingwood and North Melbourne is going to be a good match. Tipped the Pies but wouldn't surprise if North win.

Desipura
18-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Cotchin has had a very good season, is touted to captain the tigers next year, absolute gun he will be very soon.

G-Mo77
18-08-2012, 08:39 PM
A real shame to see the Bombres belted like that. :)

It made great viewing while on the couch with a hang over.

jeemak
18-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Essendon supporters will blame injuries, and I suppose they'll be right in some respects. Though part of getting a club to finals football is physical management of players across an entire year, and it's pretty clear their list has suffered from an over-emphasis in the preseason on putting on size.

Who knows, the work put in to them might make all the difference in two years time. My personal opinion is they went too far, only time will tell though.

LostDoggy
18-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Agreed Coutchin will be a star and has had a great year but I don't rate performances against us this year. All week on the media talk was how good is he.

Desipura
18-08-2012, 08:54 PM
He is not elite yet, media love to talk up Richmond at the start of each season, we all know how it comes tumbling down by round 2.

GVGjr
18-08-2012, 09:01 PM
He is not elite yet, media love to talk up Richmond at the start of each season, we all know how it comes tumbling down by round 2.

I think he is very close to it and I don't blame Richmond for talking him up.

Desipura
18-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I think he is very close to it and I don't blame Richmond for talking him up.

Neither do I, he is a born leader and if I were a Richmond supporter, I would be rapt to have him in my side, very Ablett like with his ability to gather the ball below his knees and accelerate. I think this time next year, he could possibly be in the top 10 footballers in the league.

Mantis
18-08-2012, 09:30 PM

He was very good once again... High quality player.

Eastdog
18-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Collingwood getting frustrated and North doing well.

chef
19-08-2012, 10:10 AM
North is coming of age.

azabob
19-08-2012, 11:45 AM
North is coming of age.

Their young midfield, young ruckman and young tall forwards are all coming of age together and you have to admit they are a good team to watch.

I particularly like Harper.