PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee- Round 23 vs Brisbane

Greystache
26-08-2012, 02:51 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for Sunday's game against Brisbane?

GVGjr
26-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Lake for Talia because we need his experience against Brown and Merrett.
Jones for Campbell because we need the better balance than 3 ruckman.

Roughead can move forward.

bornadog
26-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Gia may be finished for the season with his knee wrapped in ice, so we will have to wait on that.

SlimPickens
26-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Thought we only played 2 today? Agree with Jones coming in however.

bornadog
26-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Minson, Campbell and Roughead

GVGjr
26-08-2012, 05:08 PM

I still consider Roughead a ruckman but he has added another string to his bow.

Mantis
26-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I still consider Roughead a ruckman but he has added another string to his bow.

Roughead hasn't played in the ruck for the past 3 games and is being selected as a key defender.

SlimPickens
26-08-2012, 05:15 PM

Roughead played full back all day today

GVGjr
26-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Roughead hasn't played in the ruck for the past 3 games and is being selected as a key defender.

I've acknowledged that. I still see him more as a ruckman but he can now play in a few positions. Great for his development.

bornadog
26-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I've acknowledged that. I still see him more as a ruckman but he can now play in a few positions. Great for his development.

I agree, long term I don't believe he is the solution to replace Lake. He has done well in the role and its helping his development.

Greystache
26-08-2012, 05:20 PM

Roughead played 100% of the game at fullback on Hawkins, just because he's played in the ruck previously doesn't make him a 3rd ruckman. I thought he did a good job.

In- Jones, Sherman

Out- Gia, Campbell

GVGjr
26-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I agree, long term I don't believe he is the solution to replace Lake. He has done well in the role and its helping his development.

He's good a bit of footy smarts about him as well. I'll be interested to see if we continue with him as a defender next season but I hope with Williams, Morris and Austin all back we can devote our attention to getting him to be a more productive forward.

bornadog
26-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Roughead played full back all day today

Roughead played 100% of the game at fullback on Hawkins, just because he's played in the ruck previously doesn't make him a 3rd ruckman. I thought he did a good job.

In- Jones, Sherman

Out- Gia, Campbell

Yes I know, I was answering what GVGjr meant by three rucks on the ground.

SlimPickens
26-08-2012, 05:23 PM
In- Jones, Sherman

Out- Gia, Campbell

Agree with this, would like to see Sherman against his old club

always right
26-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Agree with this, would like to see Sherman against his old club

Yeah...he can remind them what a loss he's been:o

bornadog
26-08-2012, 06:21 PM
In:
Hargrave - final game
Lake
Sherman

Out:

Talia
Gia
Campbell

LostDoggy
26-08-2012, 06:37 PM
In: Jones, Lake

Out: Campbell, Gia

w3design
26-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah...he can remind them what a loss he's been:o

Funny.:)

Nuggety Back Pocket
26-08-2012, 07:39 PM

I am unsure why you would want to move Roughead forward given his good showing in defence. Lake for the first time this year has at least given us a marking forward option. Jones on what he has shown this year doesn't deserve to be elevated.

GVGjr
26-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I am unsure why you would want to move Roughead forward given his good showing in defence. Lake for the first time this year has at least given us a marking forward option. Jones on what he has shown this year doesn't deserve to be elevated.

I really don't want Campbell, Minson and Roughead in the same side and I think playing Roughead as a defender means we look to give Minson some more support and play Campbell. I'm not yet convinced that Roughead as a defender will work but maybe it will.

Hotdog60
26-08-2012, 08:12 PM
If Skinner stays in the side could he take on part ruck duties, although his tank has a big question mark on it.

Bulldog Joe
26-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I really don't want Campbell, Minson and Roughead in the same side and I think playing Roughead as a defender means we look to give Minson some more support and play Campbell. I'm not yet convinced that Roughead as a defender will work but maybe it will.

I really think Roughead has done very well for an inexperienced defender. In fact if it wasn't for the fact that he was initially used as a ruckman, I'm pretty sure we would have lots of supporters really excited about having Roughy as someone who can realistically replace Brian Lake over the next 2-3 seasons.

Ghost Dog
26-08-2012, 08:46 PM
If Skinner stays in the side could he take on part ruck duties, although his tank has a big question mark on it.

I think so. He has done some good stuff as 3rd man up. But shinguards needed. Has twigs for legs.

JohnGentStand
26-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Ins. Lake , Sherman

Outs. Campbell, Gia

Would like to hear if most posters think the following cards are all definately stamped...
Hargrave, Gilbee,,,Mulligan, Panos, Moles, Hooper, Redpath, Hill ?

AndrewP6
26-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Ins. Lake , Sherman

Outs. Campbell, Gia

Would like to hear if most posters think the following cards are all definately stamped...
Hargrave, Gilbee,,,Mulligan, Panos, Moles, Hooper, Redpath, Hill ?

In order of listing:

No (farewell game methinks)
Yes (he said he's too sore)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
No (don't know enough about him to say whether or not he's a goner)
No (We can't get rid of them all!)

westbulldog
26-08-2012, 10:41 PM
In Lake, Johannisen, Tutt (if available)

Out Markovic Gia Campbell

Hotdog60
26-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Macca said in the presser that JJ is done for the season.

G-Mo77
27-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Macca said in the presser that JJ is done for the season.

What did he do? I know the season has one game left but there are VFL finals to play. It'd be a shame if he missed them.

LostDoggy
27-08-2012, 12:28 AM
What was Lake's injury?

Hotdog60
27-08-2012, 06:29 AM
What did he do? I know the season has one game left but there are VFL finals to play. It'd be a shame if he missed them.

Just said he was sore with a tight calf and we'll put him away for next year.

Hotdog60
27-08-2012, 06:30 AM
What was Lake's injury?

Macca said a foot and knee problem which he maybe nursing and will endeavor to play next week.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-08-2012, 01:53 PM
IN: Sherman, Jones
OUT: Campbell, Gia (injured)

Sherman is frustrating as hell with his domination at VFL level and then going completely missing at AFL level. He's a confidence player and rides on the teams confidence but he has the attributes we so desparately need. If he and Grant step up and reach their potential it would be HUGE for our future success.

Remi Moses
27-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Little surprised posters want Talia out. Reading match reports looked like he did well on Pods.
Great experience for the kid playing on either Brown or Merrett.

Greystache
27-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Little surprised posters want Talia out. Reading match reports looked like he did well on Pods.
Great experience for the kid playing on either Brown or Merrett.

I'm a little surprised too, I thought he did very well on JPod, most impressively he seemed to match him for strength. If Lake is right to come back in I'd drop Markovic in front of Talia.

LostDoggy
27-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Macca said a foot and knee problem which he maybe nursing and will endeavor to play next week.
Thanks. Hopefully Lake will be right to play. Want a solid team effort for the last hoorah of this (long) season.

Ozza
27-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Out: Markovic; Talia (just to make way for Hargrave's last game); Campbell; Gia (inj.)
In: Lake; Hargrave; Jones; Tutt

bulldogsthru&thru
27-08-2012, 05:29 PM
a serious question i'm sure will have different responses:

Should Hargrave be given a farewell game at the expense of a young player when the game is being played in Brisbane? would your decision be different if the game were in Melbourne?

thoughts?

SlimPickens
27-08-2012, 07:14 PM

Should Hargrave be given a farewell game at the expense of a young player when the game is being played in Brisbane? would your decision be different if the game were in Melbourne?

thoughts?

Don't think it'll matter. Will be very surprised if he gets a game this week

Remi Moses
27-08-2012, 07:29 PM

thoughts?

What's the point? We'll have a few hundred fans there.
Lap around the ground at the start of next season.

G-Mo77
27-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Just said he was sore with a tight calf and we'll put him away for next year.

Jones is also done as well as Gia, Tutt and Gilbee.

They can all be ruled out of selection.

What's the point? We'll have a few hundred fans there.
Lap around the ground at the start of next season.

Last chance was against the Swans and he missed it unfortunately. He may be picked by default because of the lack of players available but I doubt it.

Ghost Dog
27-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Greenwood anyone?

GVGjr
27-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Greenwood anyone?

Who gets placed on the LTIL?

You're big on gifting games aren't you?

Ghost Dog
27-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Who gets placed on the LTIL?

You're big on gifting games aren't you?

Why point the finger at me? That's not what this season is about and don't ask me.

If I had said " Let's give Skinner a run in the forward line and persist until the end of the season" 2 months ago most would have rubbished that. Yet here he is

If I had said "Let's give Jong a run in the midfield" a short time ago, most would have said ' no way ' as well I suspect.

Same probably for JJ. Talia as well probably.

The year is about showing the kids what it takes. the only way to do that sometimes is give them a run in junk time.

The coach is already doing it - not as though it would be the first time this season!

GVGjr
27-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I suppose the difference is all those guys had some form before they got selected.
Gifting games to youngsters that haven't done the work doesn't serve the club as well as some people think. The best approach is for the youngsters to have earned their way beforehand.

Ghost Dog
27-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I suppose the difference is all those guys had some form before they got selected.
Gifting games to youngsters that haven't done the work doesn't serve the club as well as some people think. The best approach is for the youngsters to have earned their way beforehand.

Granted. But there are exceptions. Mainly when injuries open up big gaps in your list and it's junk time so who cares? Make the most of it. You could make a case that Skinner, Jong and JJ have shown more at AFL level than they have at VFL. True or false?

The games I saw Jong at Willy, his kicking was heart in mouth stuff. I know he gave up goals V Geelong, but actually I think it's gotten better!

GVGjr
27-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Granted. But there are exceptions. You could make a case that Skinner and JJ have shown more at AFL level than they have at VFL. True or false?

Skinner has been gifted games from the get go and I haven't seen any value in that. He has had little form at Williamstown and he's been a huge disappointment in the seniors. Even Rocket gifted him a game last year and yet it hasn't done the player or the team much good. Still it's new for old which is good enough for some to get excited about.

Johannisen at least fitted a specific need of adding run and carry to a largely flat footed side which certainly helped fast tracked his introduction to senior football. He also had some decent games behind him at Williamstown. Back to your initial view of gifting Greenwood a senior game. What exactly has Greenwood done to even deserve it and where would you play him?

Ghost Dog
27-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Skinner has been gifted games from the get go and I haven't seen any value in that. He has had little form at Williamstown and he's been a huge disappointment in the seniors. Even Rocket gifted him a game last year and yet it hasn't done the player or the team much good. Still it's new for old which is good enough for some to get excited about.Johannisen at least fitted a specific need of adding run and carry to a largely flat footed side which certainly helped fast tracked his introduction to senior football. He also had some decent games behind him at Williamstown. Back to your initial view of gifting Greenwood a senior game. What exactly has Greenwood done to even deserve it and where would you play him?

In your opinion Skinner has been a huge disappointment. I disagree.
DJ is another who shows what the coach sees and what fans see are two totally different things. And DJ rewarded that faith by being in the bests. Skinner also looks better each week and does some good things. But you being a moderator and all, and the slightly personal way you are having a go at my views, ( Still it's new for old which is good enough for some to get excited about / You're big on gifting games aren't you? ) means I will bow out of this debate at this point. I never suggested Greenwood should be 100% be elevated. Just wanted to know what everyone thought of his form.
Cheerio

GVGjr
27-08-2012, 10:41 PM
In your opinion Skinner has been a huge disappointment. I disagree.
DJ is another who shows what the coach sees and what fans see are two totally different things. And DJ rewarded that faith by being in the bests. Skinner also looks better each week and does some good things. But you being a moderator and all, and the slightly personal way you are having a go at my views, ( Still it's new for old which is good enough for some to get excited about / You're big on gifting games aren't you? ) means I will bow out of this debate at this point. I never suggested Greenwood should be 100% be elevated. Just wanted to know what everyone thought of his form.
Cheerio

You offered Greenwoods name with little to no explanation which smacked of gifting a player a senior game just for the sake of it.

You then offered Johannisen and Skinners names as examples of how it works and that they have been arguably better in the seniors than at Williamstown. I believe Skinner has been disappointing as a senior footballer but Johannisen at least had some runs on the board and his point of difference is that he offered the selectors some run and carry. Does Greenwood do the same?

The selectors get some things right and some wrong but I don't believe giving youngsters a game without them doing the work serves the club or the player for that matter much good in the long run.

Ghost Dog
27-08-2012, 10:49 PM
You offered Greenwoods name with little to no explanation which smacked of gifting a player a senior game just for the sake of it.
You then offered Johannisen and Skinners names as examples of how it works and that they have been arguably better in the seniors than at Williamstown. I believe Skinner has been disappointing as a senior footballer but Johannisen at least had some runs on the board and his point of difference is that he offered the selectors some run and carry. Does Greenwood do the same?

The selectors get some things right and some wrong but I don't believe giving youngsters a game without them doing the work serves the club or the player for that matter much good in the long run.

Ghost Dog says ' Play Skinner' and along comes Skinner. GD cries ' Fletch lives!' and out he comes.
Who reads my posts with anticipation GVGjr? The MC hangs on my every word, I tell ya:D

Mofra
28-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Ghost Dog says ' Play Skinner' and along comes Skinner. GD cries ' Fletch lives!' and out he comes.
Who reads my posts with anticipation GVGjr? The MC hangs on my every word, I tell ya:D
Dear Ghost Dog,

Say "Mofra will hook up with a supermodel".

Cheers :cool:

Ozza
28-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Does anyone think we will try this week?

Brisbane can't move up or down on the ladder, but we can move up if we win - so surely (the players who take the field excluded) won't exactly be hell bent on trying to win - even if we could.

Remi Moses
28-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I find it weird that some want a young player dropped( Talia) by all accounts he played well.
Yet we push for "farewell" games! I agree with GV that you just don't hand out games.
Lap around the ground before the first home game in the next season

LostDoggy
28-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Why point the finger at me? That's not what this season is about and don't ask me.

If I had said " Let's give Skinner a run in the forward line and persist until the end of the season" 2 months ago most would have rubbished that. Yet here he is

If I had said "Let's give Jong a run in the midfield" a short time ago, most would have said ' no way ' as well I suspect.

Same probably for JJ. Talia as well probably.

The year is about showing the kids what it takes. the only way to do that sometimes is give them a run in junk time.

The coach is already doing it - not as though it would be the first time this season!

LOL.. that means the whole year has been junk time with our taskmaster.

Ozza
28-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I find it weird that some want a young player dropped( Talia) by all accounts he played well.
Yet we push for "farewell" games! I agree with GV that you just don't hand out games.
Lap around the ground before the first home game in the next season

I think its reasonable to expect Hargrave to get a game this week. We're not going to be a worse side with Shaggy in the team this week - and there has been plenty of opportunities for young players throughout the year - and will be again on Sunday.

I'm glad Shaggy hasn't pushed for a further year. He has bowed out - possibly on advice from the club that it was time - and it would be good to see him have one last game in the colours.

(And with Shaggy - you never know - he might just belt someone!).

Maddog37
28-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Does anyone think we will try this week?

Brisbane can't move up or down on the ladder, but we can move up if we win - so surely (the players who take the field excluded) won't exactly be hell bent on trying to win - even if we could.

I dont think we will field a very strong side either way so the chances of winning up there are pretty slim.

bornadog
28-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I dont think we will field a very strong side either way so the chances of winning up there are pretty slim.

Why would we want to win and throw away pick 5:)

azabob
28-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Why would we want to win and throw away pick 5:)

I would love to finish the season with a win, would be a good impetus for 2013.

bornadog
28-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I would love to finish the season with a win, would be a good impetus for 2013.

How about a 1 point loss:D

bornadog
28-08-2012, 02:38 PM
From afl.com.au

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Star fullback Brian Lake - a late withdrawal against Geelong with knee and foot issues - is likely to return for the final-round clash with the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba. Justin Sherman could gain a recall against his former club, while Fletcher Roberts, Ayce Cordy and Andrew Hooper will come under consideration. Retiring veteran Ryan Hargrave might be given a chance to play one last game and Brodie Moles, whose career is on the line, could play his first AFL game of the season after some strong VFL form. Forwards Matthew Panos and Tom Hill are the only two players on the Bulldogs' primary list yet to play an AFL game and, with the Dogs in experimentation mode, it wouldn’t surprise if either got the nod

LostDoggy
28-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm a little surprised too, I thought he did very well on JPod, most impressively he seemed to match him for strength. If Lake is right to come back in I'd drop Markovic in front of Talia.

Same, I don't think Marko offers much more than Talia does.

LostDoggy
28-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I think its reasonable to expect Hargrave to get a game this week. We're not going to be a worse side with Shaggy in the team this week - and there has been plenty of opportunities for young players throughout the year - and will be again on Sunday.

I'm glad Shaggy hasn't pushed for a further year. He has bowed out - possibly on advice from the club that it was time - and it would be good to see him have one last game in the colours.

(And with Shaggy - you never know - he might just belt someone!).

Ha Ha! I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

Ghost Dog
28-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Gets the red mist does old Shaggy. Never forget the game he came back from his ankle and slammed a goal home from way outside the 50. Love it

The Pie Man
29-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Interesting that there hasn't been a comment on this thread for well over 24 hours - probably the longest stretch in my 4+ years on here for a game MC thread before a Friday

AndrewP6
29-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Interesting that there hasn't been a comment on this thread for well over 24 hours - probably the longest stretch in my 4+ years on here for a game MC thread before a Friday

The silence is deafening.

Probably an indication that people are already mentally over this season, and moving toward the next one.

Greystache
29-08-2012, 09:45 PM
The silence is deafening.

Probably an indication that people are already mentally over this season, and moving toward the next one.

Or that we have so few players available that the team pretty much picks itself.

AndrewP6
29-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Or that we have so few players available that the team pretty much picks itself.

Yes, that too!

Hotdog60
29-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I'll have a stab at the team, trying to take the injuries into account.

Western Bulldogs
B: Ryan Hargrave, Jordan Roughead, Easton Wood
HB: Michael Talia, Brian Lake, Robert Murphy
C: Mitchell Wallis, Matthew Boyd, Justin Sherman
HF: Ryan Griffen, Tory Dickson, Zephaniah Skinner
F: Dylan Addison, Matthew Panos, Jarrad Grant
Foll: William Minson, Liam Picken, Clay Smith
I/C: Fletcher Roberts, Nathan Djerrkura, Lin Jong, Tom Campbell

Cyberdoggie
30-08-2012, 01:49 PM
With a draft position at stake if we win the game do you think we are more likely to include younger players? and maybe try Panos and/or Hill?

If Hooper plays on Jonathan Brown then i'll definately be suss that the coaches are tanking. :rolleyes:

mighty_west
30-08-2012, 03:33 PM
With a draft position at stake if we win the game do you think we are more likely to include younger players? and maybe try Panos and/or Hill?

If Hooper plays on Jonathan Brown then i'll definately be suss that the coaches are tanking. :rolleyes:

Given the way Brisbane slaughtered us at Etihad earlier in the season, do we REALLY need to even think about throwing a game (tanking)?

Having said that, I am yet to see clear examples on why picks 5 and 6 will end up better players than say 6 or 7, would it really matter either way?

I'll be rocking up to the Gabba on Sunday arvo desperate to see a win! As a passionate supporter I couldn't do it any other way.

Ghost Dog
30-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I'll have a stab at the team, trying to take the injuries into account.

Western Bulldogs
B: Ryan Hargrave, Jordan Roughead, Easton Wood
HB: Michael Talia, Brian Lake, Robert Murphy
C: Mitchell Wallis, Matthew Boyd, Justin Sherman
HF: Ryan Griffen, Tory Dickson, Zephaniah Skinner
F: Dylan Addison, Matthew Panos, Jarrad Grant
Foll: William Minson, Liam Picken, Clay Smith
I/C: Fletcher Roberts, Nathan Djerrkura, Lin Jong, Tom Campbell

nice. Like. This is actually a pretty strong team. Brisbane will have their hands full. If you had said on here last year, DA would be our full forward, would have told me to go have my head read.

SlimPickens
30-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Official team

In: Vez, Lake, Roberts, Panos

Out: Gia

G-Mo77
30-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Would love to see Panos have a shot at it but I think we'll go with this:

Int: Cooney, Smith, Jong, Veszpremi (Sub)

I think it'll be Vez's last game for us.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Official team

In: Vez, Lake, Roberts, Panos

Out: Gia

Haha is this one last tease for Panos? And why Vez over Sherman?

bornadog
30-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Would love to see Panos have a shot at it but I think we'll go with this:

Int: Cooney, Smith, Jong, Veszpremi (Sub)

I think it'll be Vez's last game for us.

If that is the case I would be disappointed that he gets a game.

I am disappointed anyway that he is even being considered.

G-Mo77
30-08-2012, 08:42 PM
If that is the case I would be disappointed that he gets a game.

I am disappointed anyway that he is even being considered.

I'm just happy it's not Sherman.

Greystache
30-08-2012, 08:43 PM
If Panos is an emergency and travels with the team to Brisbane and doesn't play it could be the final nail in the coffin for the Williamstown allignment given they have an elimination final this week and he's played nearly every game for them.

bornadog
30-08-2012, 08:45 PM
If Panos is an emergency and travels with the team to Brisbane and doesn't play it could be the final nail in the coffin for the Williamstown allignment given they have an elimination final this week and he's played nearly every game for them.

that is absolutely true and would be unfair to Willi.

BulldogBelle
30-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Is this an opportunity for Vez to increase his trade value in the fresh eyes of budding list managers, or is this a fight for him to stay on our list? And where the hell does that leave Sherman?

Ghost Dog
30-08-2012, 10:34 PM

Hey that's a really good point and I hope very much the Dogs do the right thing by Williamstown. It should be an partnership, not a subservient relationship. I imagine Panos would be pretty disappointed as well. How is he regarded around the club. Anyone have any clues?

bornadog
31-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Grant to play his 50th game this week. I expect next year to be a big one for him.

Axe Man
31-08-2012, 11:12 AM
And where the hell does that leave Sherman?

And why Vez over Sherman?

Sherman isn't named in the Williamstown team either so you would assume he's injured, although he's not on the injury list.

Greystache
31-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Final team

In- Lake

Out- Gia

Emer- Roberts, Panos, Vez

Cyberdoggie
31-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Final team

In- Lake

Out- Gia

Emer- Roberts, Panos, Vez

Hmm, not what i wanted but then we have seen the side change many times from a friday to a sunday recently.

JohnGentStand
01-09-2012, 12:44 AM
I like the side. Lake is a more than handy replacement FORWARD than Gia! There was nothing to gain by playing Panos. Sherman if not injured is unlucky. How is it he can dominate VFL and take no confidence or touch to the seniors?? Baffling.

Sedat
01-09-2012, 09:35 AM
How is it he can dominate VFL and take no confidence or touch to the seniors?? Baffling.
Not really baffling. He's had 1 good season in 9 at AFL level. Quite simply he is a very ordinary AFL footballer.

LostDoggy
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
There was nothing to gain by playing Panos.
There was nothing to gain in drafting him in the first place if at no stage we weren't going to try to.
Wasted pick considering how fortunate we were to get Fletcher Roberts.
Before anyone says you have to earn your place in the senior side, ask how many players this year have earnt their promotion?

GVGjr
01-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Before anyone says you have to earn your place in the senior side, ask how many players this year have earnt their promotion?

This has been going on at the club for a few seasons. For example, Skinner certainly didn't earn his first game.

azabob
01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
There was nothing to gain in drafting him in the first place if at no stage we weren't going to try to.
Wasted pick considering how fortunate we were to get Fletcher Roberts.

Yes, the club appeared to have erred in upgrading Panos. We have upgraded some really good rookies, but we have upgraded some shockers.

Maddog37
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
So the consensus is he will be delisted?

What would the thought process be if he is retained on the list do we suppose?

Hotdog60
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Matthew will still be around. Elevated off the rookie list for 2012 and signed a contract extension in November.

Remi Moses
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Just watching the Game today Panos should have got a game before now.
Couldn't be workrate ( no worse than Skinner's).
Think he'll be retained

Bulldog4life
01-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Think he'll be retained

Ditto. Thought he played well.

Sockeye Salmon
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Think he'll be retained

Did you see Panos' chase in the first quarter (20min mark)? He kept at it but it looked like he was running through knee deep water.

Bumper Bulldogs
02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Did you see Panos' chase in the first quarter (20min mark)? He kept at it but it looked like he was running through knee deep water.

Oh with that he will fit right into our forward 50 very well!

Remi Moses
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Gee one moment. He doesn't move like Ussain Bolt, but he deserved a shot at it.

Sockeye Salmon
02-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Gee one moment. He doesn't move like Ussain Bolt, but he deserved a shot at it.

He wasn't chasing Usain Bolt.

Remi Moses
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
He wasn't chasing Usain Bolt.

Just pointing out he deserved a shot.
You might be right! But would his pressure be any worse than the footballers wearing our jumper right now?