PDA

View Full Version : Round 23 - Other Matches

Eastdog
30-08-2012, 03:59 PM
It is the final round of the home and away season and now we know who is going to be finals. It is now a question to where the teams will finish on the ladder in the top 8.

Friday August 31
Hawthorn v West Coast, MCG, 7.50pm (channel 7)

Saturday September 1
Geelong v Sydney Swans, Simonds Stadium, 1.45pm (7)
Adelaide Crows v Gold Coast, AAMI Stadium, 1.40pm (Fox)
GWS v North Melbourne, Skoda Stadium, 4.40pm (Fox)
Essendon v Collingwood, MCG, 7.40pm (7)
Fremantle v Melbourne, Patersons Stadium, 5.40pm (Fox)

Sunday September 2
Carlton v St Kilda, Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm (Fox)
Richmond v Port Adelaide, MCG, 3.15pm (7)
Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs, Gabba, 4.40pm (Fox)

The Coon Dog
31-08-2012, 04:03 AM
So West Coast, North & Geelong all play before Freo. Interesting.

Could have a scenario where Fremantle may be better not going flat out if the difference is a 'home' final v West Coast or an away final v Geelong.

azabob
31-08-2012, 07:33 AM

Could have a scenario where Fremantle may be better not going flat out if the difference is a 'home' final v West Coast or an away final v Geelong.

Yep, Freo are lucky North are playing GWS so North can also get a heap of % as well.

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 07:46 AM

The AFL go about the integrity of the competition when tanking is mentioned yet they design the last games so it's beneficial for one side to not play at its best.
These games should all be played at the same time.

westdog54
31-08-2012, 09:27 AM
The AFL go about the integrity of the competition when tanking is mentioned yet they design the last games so it's beneficial for one side to not play at its best.
This games should all be played at the same time.

And deny the broadcastters 5 live, unintterrupted matches?

Its not as though they've got multiple channels to work with or anything like that.

Oh, wait...:confused:

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Heard Demetriou on 774 this morning and he was making light of the fact Fremantle may control who the play in the finals!

Eastdog
31-08-2012, 11:58 AM
These games should all be played at the same time.

Just like in the EPL on the last day of the season.

Eastdog
31-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Eagles coming back a bit against the Hawks in the final qtr but I think they will hang on.

Eastdog
31-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Hawthorn finish top and claim the minor premiership. West Coast will be in a elimination final now and Collingwood I say will win against Essendon and get the top 4 spot.

azabob
31-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Eagles coming back a bit against the Hawks in the final qtr but I think they will hang on.

Hawks did enough to win, but they did cop a couple of injuries late.

I can't believe how much Bruce gushes over Franklin and Rioli. For me the only two people out of the entire channel 7 commentators worth listening to are Matthew Richardson and Cameron Ling and we don't even get to here them.

Remi Moses
31-08-2012, 11:46 PM
West Coast's start killed them. Got another Josh Hill one arm mark effort ( seen that before)
In the Guerra injury. This flag race is very open still IMO.

westdog54
01-09-2012, 02:29 AM
West Coast's start killed them. Got another Josh Hill one arm mark effort ( seen that before)

Would he even be getting a look-in if Nicoski and LeCras were fit?

azabob
01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Would he even be getting a look-in if Nicoski and LeCras were fit?

You wouldn't think so.

bornadog
01-09-2012, 02:37 PM

I went last night with a mate who had a spare ticket. I thought Hill played well for a HFF, much better than when he was with us.

Remi Moses
01-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I went last night with a mate who had a spare ticket. I thought Hill played well for a HFF, much better than when he was with us.

Good first term and then didn't get near it.

azabob
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
If North don't get a move on Freo may throw tonight's game to ensure a home final!!

Sedat
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
If North don't get a move on Freo may throw tonight's game to ensure a home final!!
Which would ensure we finish below Melbourne

azabob
01-09-2012, 08:54 PM

I think Freo cannot win by more than 2 goals.

It will be interesting, Ross Lyon is a competitive person (as all coaches are) but he also does what is best for him and his club, he doesn't care what the consequences may be.

Eastdog
01-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Yes that's right our percentage is 68.20 which is lower than Melbourne. If it happens it will look suspicious.

Sedat
01-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Geez Melbourne are shit. Freo have absolutely nothing to play for - in fact there is a complete disincentive for them to try tonight - and they are handling Melbourne with absolute ease.

Remi Moses
01-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Pies struggling with the Bombres. If it was anyone bar the Golden Boy at Essendon, there would be questions asked.First time since 71 that a team has been 8 and 1 and missed the finals!!
There would be some sweaty palms if someone from the top 4 meets Geelong.

Eastdog
01-09-2012, 11:00 PM
All over now I would say. Collingwood will finish 4th and meet Hawthorn next week.

Hotdog60
02-09-2012, 09:20 AM
By, By Pies.:D

Pickenitup
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Pies to go out in Straight sets

Remi Moses
02-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Pies to go out in Straight sets

Collingwood won't go out in straight sets.
There in with a show of beating Hawthorn IMHO.

chef
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Collingwood won't go out in straight sets.
There in with a show of beating Hawthorn IMHO.

I agree. Cloke looked to be getting back in form at the right time and Hawthorn don't have any really good KPD's.

LostDoggy
02-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I see a Collingwood vs Geelong GF again.