PDA

View Full Version : Should we go after a ready made forward

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Having a look at the free agency and noting that we have some forward issues, does the club need to have a fairdinkum look at a free agent player or out of contract player for the the forward 50. We have the likes of Cloke, Goddard, Gumbleton, Tippett etc all out and about and ripe for the taking if we can secure a deal. (Cloke is too much anyway for what he is)

I know the club has announced they want to teach from within but are our young forwards really able to stand up and deliver next year. I feel that we need to get an experienced tall forward around 24 - 26 years who can assist the likes of Jone, Cordy. I am not sure that as a club we can not trade one in.

The lose after lose and no forward target must not be doing much for team morale and put a lot of pressure on older guys who are approaching the end of there careers. The mid field will be gold, the back line is still sort of solid but we need that foward presence.

Would Gumbleton suit, who would be and ideal candidate if we were to trade one in and who would be the trade bait if needed.

Personally I think the club should try to secure Tippett he would slot nicely into the age group.

Maddog37
31-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Personally I think Jones and Cordy can compete and bring the ball to ground at least. I would like a couple of Crameri or Steve J types that are tall.small goal kickers with genuine pace. Murphy would be ideal.

It makes it hard for teams to zone off with more than one option. Theoretically Grant should be able to play the role too but he needs to be more aggressive in the marking contests.

This is another reason I see us wanting Stringer in the draft.

mighty_west
31-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Gumbleton, no, too high a risk with injuries, plus Essendon will want the earth for him.

Cloke, no, Visy will offer him a brown paper bag under the table to goto Carlton.

Tippet, I'd imagine he'd only want to go home to QLD if he was to leave the Crows.

Goddard, he's old, whats the point? Good player but not exactly a KPP.

bornadog
31-08-2012, 12:18 PM
A Tippett or a Cloke would be great, but we are dreaming if we think they would come to our club, let alone affording them. I think we need to continue on the path of developing our own.

Nuggety Back Pocket
31-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Chasing a key forward needs to be a top priority. It would be hard to imagine the club being attractive enough to attract a Cloke or Tippett. Gumbleton has struggled to measure up at Essendon and shouldn't be considered. Our poor performances were compounded this year because of the lack of 1 or 2 key forwards and we can expect to struggle in 2013 unless our attack can be revitalized.

Mofra
31-08-2012, 12:52 PM
A quick, marking HFF would give us more space for our tall forwards to lead into - 1 more year of development into the possibles, better structure, better delivery and we can at least aim to attain a pass mark in the area.

I'd be happy to consider the Brissie boy (as suggested on another thread) for the role, or hope like hell if we nab Stringer that he is ready for senior action early.

Eastdog
31-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I was thinking about this as well in going for a key forward. I think we need a go to man up there as our forward line this year has been shocking which isn't helped with our delivery into the fwd line. Cloke would be good to get but I don't think that will happen. Tippett also mentioned is another good option.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-08-2012, 01:34 PM
I've posted this a few times so am probably sounding like a broken record, but the reality is that we as a club have never, EVER been able to attract from another club an A list player in their prime since the competition went national as the AFL.
Prior to the days of the draft and interstate AFL teams, we were able to secure from other states some top flight stars, like Beasley, McGuinness, Sewell, Daniels, Hardie etc. But once WA and SA got their own teams, and drafting came into play, this door closed for us.

At best, since the AFL came into being we have only ever succeeded in attracting A listers when for whatever reason there was a significant risk associated with them that detered other clubs form chasing them hard, and/or usually toward the tail end of their career, eg Aker or Hall, Osborne, etc.
The only other time we've been able to secure a supposed high profile recruit was through dodgy means ie The Veale Deal - when we got Rawlings...and that was a poor decision as it turned out.

History tells us repeatedly that when trading (or in the old days via transfer) we have only been able to recruit fringe, role and bit part players. Some have been serviceable for a short period of time, e.g Bandy, Cook, Minton-Connell, Welsh, Dent, Petraglia, Ben Harrison Toohey, Duperouzel, Buhagiar etc.

Fewer still have had long or distinguished careers, eg Eagleton, Hudson, (Ben and Paul) and Garlick.

More often they have been busts, like , Dunne, Klomp, Crowe, Koops, Bassett, MacDougall, Street, Callan, Bartlett, Kingsley Hunter, Rusca, Morgan,

While it's nice to dream and discuss what if's and wouldn't it be nice if we could attract a Cloke, Tippett or even a Boak, the reality is we've been unable to attract high profile players during our times of relative success, then we have absolutely no chance no that we are in all likelihood entering a period of medium term poor ladder position.

Gumbleton may be available, but for the reasons I've mentioned above, he comes with a high risk attached due to his injury woes, that may turn other clubs off chasing him. The question is, should we really go down the path of considering a guy that has done little to date, and who has such a significant injury history. I personally don't think it's worth it.

I think the club needs to stick fast to it's stated path of investing in youth, and focusing it's efforts on recruiting smart through the draft and developing our own.

LongWait
31-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Tippetts' and Clokes' numbers are really pretty ordinary. They are far from the best performed forwards in the competition and we would be required to massively overpay to acquire either one of them. Cloke has had one really good season in his career and Tippett hasn't really even had one fantastic year - his highest goal tally for a season is 55 in 2009 (the only time he has kicked 50 in a season.) Tippett avarages 1.8 goals a game over his career and takes less marks than Gia. Pass on them both. Let's grow our own.

stefoid
31-08-2012, 02:31 PM
There is a certain logic to 'doing a Sydney' and grabbing a Locket or Hall type of proven gun forward simply by paying throught he nose.

But even if we had the balls to do that, is the list at the stage to make it worthwhile? No use paying a million dollar forward to play in a losing side that cant make the finals.

We can re-asses in two years time where the team is at, on the ladder and in terms of the young forwards we already have, and pull the trigger at that point if it is warrented.

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 02:39 PM
No. As the coach has said, when we all 'crack in' and provide support for each other, the goals will come…... as they did, in part, against Geelong. And that is a matter of increasing endurance and maturity of the whole side over the next couple of years, whilst continuing to develop our forward stocks from within.

Remi Moses
31-08-2012, 02:53 PM
No.
Two points, first one is clubs don't give up KF's ( they're to hard to find)
Second point, getting one you'd be giving the world.
Draft our own, we need a spread of goalkickers actually more importantly

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 03:35 PM
No. As the coach has said, when we all 'crack in' and provide support for each other, the goals will comeā€¦... as they did, in part, against Geelong. And that is a matter of increasing endurance and maturity of the whole side over the next couple of years, whilst continuing to develop our forward stocks from within.

Would this style of play lead to more injured players? Fitness aside, look what happened to Morris, now he cracks in all the time and paid a huge price. So is that style of play risky to the mid field players who will be tasked to do this work?

Axe Man
31-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Would this style of play lead to more injured players? Fitness aside, look what happened to Morris, now he cracks in all the time and paid a huge price. So is that style of play risky to the mid field players who will be tasked to do this work?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Morris simply land awkwardly in a marking contest? That's nothing to do with 'cracking in', it's simply bad luck.

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 04:24 PM
The harder you work the more likely you are to be injured. In a world run by OHS is it acceptable (regardless if it is a sport or not) to expect people (players) to "crack in" at all time and lead to possible injury. The club and AFL have an obligation to provide the safest possible workplace it can, the field is their workplace.

So bearing that in mind you increase the chance of injury by expecting players to "crack in" (and liability) would that be negligent, now I am no expert when it comes to civil litigation but only takes one injured player to say to Mr Solicitor "but the coach told me I had to crack in, I did that and I broke my leg". Far fetched maybe, can happen.

So hence back to the original question to provide a safe workplace you need to have the right tools, this will sound odd, but in this case the right tools (sic') are the right players who can fill a position without the need to require a player to "crack in" hell for leather and increase chance of injury.

PS; Morris was just and example of an easy injury at "cracking in".

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 05:00 PM
The harder you work the more likely you are to be injured. In a world run by OHS is it acceptable (regardless if it is a sport or not) to expect people (players) to "crack in" at all time and lead to possible injury. The club and AFL have an obligation to provide the safest possible workplace it can, the field is their workplace.

So bearing that in mind you increase the chance of injury by expecting players to "crack in" (and liability) would that be negligent, now I am no expert when it comes to civil litigation but only takes one injured player to say to Mr Solicitor "but the coach told me I had to crack in, I did that and I broke my leg". Far fetched maybe, can happen.

So hence back to the original question to provide a safe workplace you need to have the right tools, this will sound odd, but in this case the right tools (sic') are the right players who can fill a position without the need to require a player to "crack in" hell for leather and increase chance of injury.

Onya - you have just lodged the most humorous post in the history of this blog.

A cracking post :eek:

Eastdog
31-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Let's see what Panos shows on Sunday against the Lions as he has been named.

ReLoad
31-08-2012, 05:48 PM
There is no point in going for a KPF in the trade week, we are at least 2-3 years away from having a seriosu flag tilt, why not use that time to get our own style and players up and about.

Now is the perfect time to breed our own, let some of our expensive overpaid players go/retire and start front ending some contracts. Then when we have a team that is looking like going somwhere we will have the room and the free agency ability to go get one if needed.

Solvng some short term need to finish mid table is going to help nothing.

The only trade which I would consider some value is swapping Lake for Roughhead of Hawthorn. There is a heck of a lot of mutual upside to a deal like that.

always right
31-08-2012, 06:23 PM
There is no point in going for a KPF in the trade week, we are at least 2-3 years away from having a seriosu flag tilt, why not use that time to get our own style and players up and about.

Now is the perfect time to breed our own, let some of our expensive overpaid players go/retire and start front ending some contracts. Then when we have a team that is looking like going somwhere we will have the room and the free agency ability to go get one if needed.

Solvng some short term need to finish mid table is going to help nothing.

The only trade which I would consider some value is swapping Lake for Roughhead of Hawthorn. There is a heck of a lot of mutual upside to a deal like that.

Sounds like a dream to me.

BulldogBelle
31-08-2012, 06:52 PM

There's a bit of truth to the post though. Much like Eade and our ''peaking too early" problem, how are we ever going to fare well in finals when after the home and away season finishes, most of our quality outside players are the epitome of a bag of goo.

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 09:03 PM

Glad I could make you laugh

jeemak
31-08-2012, 09:24 PM
There's a bit of truth to the post though. Much like Eade and our ''peaking too early" problem, how are we ever going to fare well in finals when after the home and away season finishes, most of our quality outside players are the epitome of a bag of goo.

I can't think of many premiership sides that weren't extremely hard, and full of players willing to take their turn at putting their bodies on the line when required.

McCartney wouldn't be expecting more than this.

Eastdog
31-08-2012, 09:29 PM
It's a balancing act I think. On the one hand you want the players going in hard and putting their bodies on the line for the match but at the same time you want to protect the players from injuries as well. It is somewhere in the middle.

LostDoggy
31-08-2012, 09:35 PM
It's a balancing act I think. On the one hand you want the players going in hard and putting their bodies on the line for the match but at the same time you want to protect the players from injuries as well. It is somewhere in the middle.

agreed, thanks for the balanced answer.

Eastdog
31-08-2012, 09:41 PM
To add on to my post you don't want a situation when finals come around and the team is battered and injuried and will most likely struggle eg: us in the 2010 finals. If you find a balance in the middle somewhere that's is good because injuries I believe are going to occur no matter what. You also need to be on form at the right time of the season and not 'peak' to early like we did in 2010.

Dry Rot
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Chasing a key forward needs to be a top priority.

Agreed. We don't have any now, so we should aim for some in the next two drafts. If a big bodied established KPP of average quality is available, he could be useful to help the new draftees.

Ghost Dog
01-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Dawes is out of favor at Collingwood....
What do some of the senior posters in here think of him?

1eyedog
01-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Certainly not a senior poster but I like Dawes when he is is in form, he looks good but 2 goals in 7 or 8 games speaks volumes to me. His best and worst are as far away as the poles. I'm not sure if cloke is good or bad for him, he's certainly not seeing much of it and I'm wondering if he is struggling with the tweak in game plan this year. He doesn't seem to know where he fits in any more. If that young fella comes in this week and kicks 3 or 4 Dawes could be in trouble.

It is impossible to shield players from injury, there are way too many variables on the field that lead to them. You can only make your players as strong and as fit as you can with time in the gym and preseasons under their belt. As for sports science, well I'm pretty naive with that...

azabob
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM

What do you mean by senior? Senior as in old, Senior as they have been a member of this forum since day dot, senior as in the amount of times they have posted?

Dawes is out of favour because he isn't kicking goals. To me Dawes is your perfect number two forward if the team is going well and the number one forward is performing well.

I don't think we should chase Dawes at all.

stefoid
01-09-2012, 11:18 PM
What about having a crack at the other Talia? Not a forward, but a good up and coming defender and we have the family connection. When his current contract expires.

whythelongface
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM
What do you mean by senior? Senior as in old, Senior as they have been a member of this forum since day dot, senior as in the amount of times they have posted?

Dawes is out of favour because he isn't kicking goals. To me Dawes is your perfect number two forward if the team is going well and the number one forward is performing well.

I don't think we should chase Dawes at all.

agreed. How old is he anyway 28 or 29? i would rather .develop our own.
r

whythelongface
01-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Agreed. We don't have any now, so we should aim for some in the next two drafts. If a big bodied established KPP of average quality is available, he could be useful to help the new draftees.

Why would you want an average KPF. Surely that would be wasting a draft pick.

Greystache
02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
agreed. How old is he anyway 28 or 29? i would rather .develop our own.
r

Dawes is 24.

I wouldn't even consider Dawes, he's an average 2nd key forward, he would be an atrocious key target. Especially in a weak team.

Dry Rot
02-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Why would you want an average KPF. Surely that would be wasting a draft pick.

Someone like a lesser Jay Schultz for a crappy pick.

LostDoggy
02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I've posted this a few times so am probably sounding like a broken record, but the reality is that we as a club have never, EVER been able to attract from another club an A list player in their prime since the competition went national as the AFL.
Prior to the days of the draft and interstate AFL teams, we were able to secure from other states some top flight stars, like Beasley, McGuinness, Sewell, Daniels, Hardie etc. But once WA and SA got their own teams, and drafting came into play, this door closed for us.

At best, since the AFL came into being we have only ever succeeded in attracting A listers when for whatever reason there was a significant risk associated with them that detered other clubs form chasing them hard, and/or usually toward the tail end of their career, eg Aker or Hall, Osborne, etc.
The only other time we've been able to secure a supposed high profile recruit was through dodgy means ie The Veale Deal - when we got Rawlings...and that was a poor decision as it turned out.

History tells us repeatedly that when trading (or in the old days via transfer) we have only been able to recruit fringe, role and bit part players. Some have been serviceable for a short period of time, e.g Bandy, Cook, Minton-Connell, Welsh, Dent, Petraglia, Ben Harrison Toohey, Duperouzel, Buhagiar etc.

Fewer still have had long or distinguished careers, eg Eagleton, Hudson, (Ben and Paul) and Garlick.

More often they have been busts, like , Dunne, Klomp, Crowe, Koops, Bassett, MacDougall, Street, Callan, Bartlett, Kingsley Hunter, Rusca, Morgan,

While it's nice to dream and discuss what if's and wouldn't it be nice if we could attract a Cloke, Tippett or even a Boak, the reality is we've been unable to attract high profile players during our times of relative success, then we have absolutely no chance no that we are in all likelihood entering a period of medium term poor ladder position.

Gumbleton may be available, but for the reasons I've mentioned above, he comes with a high risk attached due to his injury woes, that may turn other clubs off chasing him. The question is, should we really go down the path of considering a guy that has done little to date, and who has such a significant injury history. I personally don't think it's worth it.

I think the club needs to stick fast to it's stated path of investing in youth, and focusing it's efforts on recruiting smart through the draft and developing our own.

Well articulated, I completely agree. Develop our own, suffer short term.

You are probably more likely to be injured by not setting yourself for a contest than cracking in.

G-Mo77
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
What about having a crack at the other Talia? Not a forward, but a good up and coming defender and we have the family connection. When his current contract expires.

We'd have to pay serious overs to get him. He's a real chance at Rising Star this year. I don't think Adelaide will let him get away.

I'd rather hear from our newer posters.

He signed a contract extension this year didn't he?

GVGjr
02-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Someone like a lesser Jay Schultz for a crappy pick.

Schultz is a good forward and I get why he is the sort of player you think we should target.

Pickenitup
02-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Aaron Edwards for a year or Two Would be a Great pick Up Big Bodied Great Kick For Goal
and wouldnt cost us much at all.

azabob
02-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Aaron Edwards for a year or Two Would be a Great pick Up Big Bodied Great Kick For Goal
and wouldnt cost us much at all.

Edwards is a big body but not tall, plus Edwards is a bit of a trouble maker and likes the drink.

LostDoggy
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Schultz is a good forward and I get why he is the sort of player you think we should target.
I too like him.
We might have missed the boat for Schultz, at 27 now not that old but been around a long time.

LostDoggy
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Dawes is no better that what we have.

Dancin' Douggy
02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
The way I see it is this, we should be monitoring young developing forwards who we may poach in a few years. Players we actually may be a chance of getting.

All our senior players will be retiring over the next few years and we will be drafting quality youngsters every year. (I think we'll be getting good draft picks for a while).

This means we'll have a very young list, and therefore some serious salary cap room.

We identify a handful of players who will slot in agewise and that would appear to be 'gettable'.

Someone like Sam Reid perhaps who has a club connection and might want to come to the kennel.
Or why not set up a long term strategy to get Patton? He might be itching to come home to Melbourne in a couple of years.
We'll have the salary cap room. GWS will be starting to feel the squeeze salary wise as well.

Daniel Talia is another player who might be 'gettable' due to family connections.

Anyway, my point is, instead of looking at the here and now key forwards and maybe getting a second or third tier forward, I'd rather see the club adopt a long term strategy.

We should sit on our hands and watch all the up and comers, knowing we'll have a big blank cheque to snare someone in 2 to 3 years when we need them. Then go for someone outstanding rather than the good old Bulldogs formula of hoping 2nd rate hacks will suddenly blossom for us.

By then we may have drafted our own Key forwards and we can blow the dough on another gun player of the type we need THEN not now.

LostDoggy
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Firstly why would anyone of note want to come to us?
Bottom 4, low profile, slow ball movement; it's not a good career move.
McCartney doesn't want to trade anyway.

GVGjr
02-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I too like him.
We might have missed the boat for Schultz, at 27 now not that old but been around a long time.

It would have been a very courageous selection when he first left Richmond but he has performed well at Port and would be hard to pry away now.

Dawes is no better that what we have.

Agreed. He would be handy but that is about it. We would need to give a lot more than his real value. Jones is a far better prospect.

LostDoggy
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM

I think I made the point in another post that we got all the wrong men, until that is rectified, I believe Chops is right. So we have to change the stars to fix the club....better start doing it.

azabob
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Unless you ask you never know. Mitch Clark ended up going to Melbourne who are at the same stage as us.

Mofra
02-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Unless you ask you never know. Mitch Clark ended up going to Melbourne who are at the same stage as us.
$$$$$

EasternWest
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM

I never got the Schulz ridicule. He is/was a bit of a knucklehead, but a decent player at the same time. I would have taken him then, and I'd still take him now.

Though I dare say he'd not come at bottom dollar anymore.

jeemak
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I never got the Schulz ridicule. He is/was a bit of a knucklehead, but a decent player at the same time. I would have taken him then, and I'd still take him now.

Though I dare say he'd not come at bottom dollar anymore.

He was playing in a rubbish side and not performing well because of his sides inability to use the ball just as much as his attitude. If we could have gotten him at the same time we had Hall coming to us we'd have had an extremely dangerous forward line. It might have been too late, but I suppose we'll never know.

He does provide a good example of a player that we should have tried to take when his currency was low. And his is the type of player we should be looking for right now.

G-Mo77
02-09-2012, 11:34 PM
$$$$$

And it's not like we don't have the same money as them. We should have some serious wiggle room under the salary cap either next year or 2014.

If we do really want a player we can afford them.

Sedat
02-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Welcome aboard the Schulz bandwagon - seats are filling fast :D

bornadog
02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't believe there is anyone out there that we can trade for.

In any case, the way we deliver the ball into the forward line, its a joke and any decent forward would still struggle.

Remi Moses
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Edwards is a big body but not tall, plus Edwards is a bit of a trouble maker and likes the drink.

Edwards beats up average opponents.
Guess it says alot about him that he hasn't played
Schultz type is what we need, but unfortunately Jay is 27.:(

immortalmike
02-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Fix the delivery and we fix the forwardline in many respects. There is a reason other than the lower level of play that Jones dominates at VFL level and that is he actually gets better delivery at Williamstown.

jeemak
02-09-2012, 11:51 PM

In any case, the way we deliver the ball into the forward line, its a joke and any decent forward would still struggle.

You've nailed it mate, with your last comment.

Barry Hall did the best job of masking our most clear deficiency over the 2010 and 2011 seasons, which was our declining ability to move the ball forward with any system or structure.

We need to fix our forward ball movement before we even think about how our forward structure needs improving.

Trading for a gun forward will cost draft picks that need to be used on excellent ball winners and users.

Remi Moses
02-09-2012, 11:53 PM

Agree, The crab like ball movement isn't conjusive for any forward.
Looking at the phantom drafts wonder who'd fit that role?

Remi Moses
02-09-2012, 11:55 PM

Barry Hall did the best job of masking our most clear deficiency over the 2010 and 2011 seasons, which was our declining ability to move the ball forward with any system or structure.

We need to fix our forward ball movement before we even think about how our forward structure needs improving.

Trading for a gun forward will cost draft picks that need to be used on excellent ball winners and users.

We have a winner.

Greystache
02-09-2012, 11:59 PM

I think there's a bit of chicken and egg with our ball movement.

We go short and sideways because we've got no forwards leading up and providing an option to kick to, and the forwards aren't leading because we keep going short and sideways. When Williams was playing forward and busting a gut to provide an option (which generally only lasted a half) our ball movement looked better.

LostDoggy
03-09-2012, 12:09 AM
If we dont fix how we are delivering the ball into the forward half, then it doesnt matter who we have up forward - the wont be able to kick any goals.

I felt sorry for the likes of Jones, Roughead, Cordy this season - the delivery to them was shocking and gave them no chance.

LostDoggy
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I felt sorry for the likes of Jones, Roughead, Cordy this season - the delivery to them was shocking and gave them no chance.

Cordy, he has hands made of grease......

Maddog37
03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Another top post Savage. Go and watch a replay of the North game and have another stab. He may not be a gun and may never be but what jollies do you get from pot shots on the net at a kid that is doing his best in a shit side?

Your constant slagging of is pretty tiresome.

stefoid
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome aboard the Schulz bandwagon - seats are filling fast :D

Maybe we should trade for Schultz and get Hogan in the mini-draft
:D

The only trouble would be getting Mac to wear a monocle.

stefoid
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I think there's a bit of chicken and egg with our ball movement.

We go short and sideways because we've got no forwards leading up and providing an option to kick to, and the forwards aren't leading because we keep going short and sideways. When Williams was playing forward and busting a gut to provide an option (which generally only lasted a half) our ball movement looked better.

No forwards leading up or no actualy forwads in the forward line because they are all in our defensive half?

This happens more often for all teams the way the game is played, but where are our speedsters running back to goal like crazy when we get the ball in the defensive half?

We have less spread than frozen butter.

Maddog37
03-09-2012, 12:32 PM
I reckon we have tried Campbell, Williams, Lake, Jones, Cordy, Ruffy and Minson as a key forward and none of them have really demanded the ball on the lead very well. Williams probably the best results.

They lead a few times and get the ball kicked at their feet or over their head so they stand their with their hands in the air and wait for the ball to be kicked before running to wherever it goes.

We need faster ball movement and to stop crabbing so much as the opposition simply use this time to flood back.

LostDoggy
03-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Another top post Savage. Go and watch a replay of the North game and have another stab. He may not be a gun and may never be but what jollies do you get from pot shots on the net at a kid that is doing his best in a shit side?

Your constant slagging of is pretty tiresome.

Sorry, I wont have an opinion unless it is yours, but is that slagging off at someone on the net...oh just like you did. Well done.

Maddog37
03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Excellent. I am glad you see the error of your ways.