PDA

View Full Version : AFL games ( console or PC )

Ghost Dog
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Has anyone played the nintendo Wii AFL game ?

Was reading a few reviews. I know they have a playstation one.
What's the best AFL game out there at the moment?

AndrewP6
06-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I have the latest PS3 game. Potential to be good, but too bloody hard!

Ghost Dog
06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Controls are too complex?

jazzadogs
06-09-2012, 07:06 PM
The new AFL game gets a fair bit of discussion in this thread GD link (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=3885&highlight=video+games).

Personally enjoyed it only because it was AFL. Pretty average game in general. My youngest brother (11 years old) loves it.

BulldogBelle
06-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I have the latest PS3 game. Potential to be good, but too bloody hard!

I have the 360 version and the updated squads DLC.

It's funny because I don't play the game because it's simply too easy. I can put every reserves player in the team, put Boyd at FF and Hooper at FB and will still beat the best teams on the hardest difficulty with ease.

G-Mo77
06-09-2012, 08:22 PM
There was a game from around 95 on the PC were you could fight your opposition and knock them out. That's my favorite.

Although I gave the Nintendo version a fair old thrashing. I couldn't count how many times this happened.

xBTndwRoqrU

LostDoggy
06-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I have the Wii version, good for a laugh.No real long term replay value.The mini games are probs the best part.

AndrewP6
06-09-2012, 10:42 PM

Yeah, and the AI is not great.

That, or maybe... just maybe... I'm just shit at it!

LostDoggy
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM

Yeah, they are a real pain in the butt. Far too many variations for quick play for me. I played for about 2 hrs, could barely get my hands on the ball, let alone move it downfield or heven forbid get a shot at goal.

It went back to EB games the next day.........or maybe I was crap at it also :D

Given the season we have had, I felt better with a shooter & putting a few caps in a few asses, mich more satisfying....:)

Ghost Dog
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, they are a real pain in the butt. Far too many variations for quick play for me. I played for about 2 hrs, could barely get my hands on the ball, let alone move it downfield or heven forbid get a shot at goal.

Given the season we have had, I felt better with a shooter & putting a few caps in a few asses, mich more satisfying....:)

Haha. Right, a bit of first person shooter therapy never goes astray.
Thanks for that. Won't buy it given many of the reviews on here.

KT31
07-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Didn't realise the Bulldogs had put out a virtual reality.:D

LostDoggy
07-09-2012, 04:39 PM

Ha ha, didnt see the similarity until you pointed it out. :D
The original game was based on the 2010 stats, so at least we should have been competitive seeing as though we reached the prelim again.

immortalmike
08-09-2012, 02:13 AM
I have the 360 version and the updated squads DLC.

It's funny because I don't play the game because it's simply too easy. I can put every reserves player in the team, put Boyd at FF and Hooper at FB and will still beat the best teams on the hardest difficulty with ease.

Yeah way too easy. Stopped playing it after the online community sorta died.

There was a game from around 95 on the PC were you could fight your opposition and knock them out. That's my favorite.

Although I gave the Nintendo version a fair old thrashing. I couldn't count how many times this happened.

xBTndwRoqrU

Loved the hell out of that game as a kid.

westdog54
08-09-2012, 09:45 AM

At least we've got a sense of humour.