PDA

View Full Version : The famous number 6 jumper to come out of retirement

AndrewP6
30-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Luke Dahlhaus to wear no. 6!!!
Good call, IMO. He has been terrific in his career thus far, and is the sort of guy everyone enjoys watching.

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/148789/default.aspx

immortalmike
30-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Well deserved. I loved when during the Charlie Sutton memorial game when Dahlhaus tapped the armband when he kicked a goal.

The number 3 and the number 6 look to continue to be the benchmark for our club.

MrMahatma
30-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Nice.

w3design
30-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Good to see the No. 6 and No. 3 worn by some quality up and comers.

LostDoggy
30-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Is this suppose to be the exciting news to come out today?

chef
30-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Good news

Pickenitup
30-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Fantastic News Dahl Will do it proud!

LostDoggy
30-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Good story for the kids to never give up. Gone from no one really wanting him and not even being on the list one and a half years ago, to being given the #6.

Hotdog60
30-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Although this is good news I was expecting some thing more. A new sponsor or something on a club level.

The Underdog
30-09-2012, 09:12 AM
The gloss has really gone off this whole number thing for me since the Andrejs Everitt premature #3 debacle. Wonder how many kids had the #40 on their back last season. Anyway, hope Luke continues to develop into the player he looks like he can be, has certainly beaten expectations so far.

Desipura
30-09-2012, 09:25 AM
This is nothing but great news, a good choice.

LostDoggy
30-09-2012, 10:07 AM

Great news but I'll be a touch pissed off if this is the big club announcement!

Redemption97
30-09-2012, 10:32 AM
This is good news. Not exciting though. That's the trouble with PR. Overplay an announcement and you disappoint even if it is good news.

I'm looking forward to Dahl over the next few years. Few more pre seasons and this kid could be elite.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-09-2012, 11:10 AM
This is good news, but hardly what I had in mind in terms of expectations when I read the PR teaser about an 'exciting announcement'.

I would've thought such a label would be reserved for say a new sponsor, or club initiative.

Maybe they could've gone down the path of just simply stating yesterday that the number 6 guernsey would be unretired and handed to a worthy recipient tomorrow.

That way it would've still created intrigue, interest and chatter amongst fans without the potential for false expectations over what constitutes and 'exciting announcement'.

Still, as I said good news and congratulations to Luke.
I do wonder whether we jump the gun a bit much on awarding marquee jumpers to players.

ledge
30-09-2012, 12:57 PM
This is good news, but hardly what I had in mind in terms of expectations when I read the PR teaser about an 'exciting announcement'.

I would've thought such a label would be reserved for say a new sponsor, or club initiative.

Maybe they could've gone down the path of just simply stating yesterday that the number 6 guernsey would be unretired and handed to a worthy recipient tomorrow.

That way it would've still created intrigue, interest and chatter amongst fans without the potential for false expectations over what constitutes and 'exciting announcement'.

Still, as I said good news and congratulations to Luke.
I do wonder whether we jump the gun a bit much on awarding marquee jumpers to players.

Difference with Dahl is he has proved to an extent he will be a good player, Everitt at no time did anything to earn the number 3 .

Eastdog
30-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Good news. If anyone deserves the #6 guernsey it is Luke Dahlhaus. He was one of our highlights in a shocking season. He is only going to get better. Well done.

AndrewP6
30-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the number of people criticising the club for the way they've made this announcement. The no. 6 is a big part of our club, worn by club champions, has been in mothballs, and they view Luke D. as the one who deserves it. Sure, we got burned with Everitt, but does anyone seriously think Dahl is on par with him?

In a season of shite, this is at last some good news.

The Underdog
30-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the number of people criticising the club for the way they've made this announcement. The no. 6 is a big part of our club, worn by club champions, has been in mothballs, and they view Luke D. as the one who deserves it. Sure, we got burned with Everitt, but does anyone seriously think Dahl is on par with him?

In a season of shite, this is at last some good news.

Yeah but if you were to pick the one player on the list that it would have gone to it would have been him, so it barely registers as surprising move and certainly doesn't offset anything that came before. I'm not critical of the club and I think the interview with him and Jonno is great to the extent that he seems chuffed. I don't think it's a negative in any way but I'm not bowled over by it.

LostDoggy
30-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Wonder how many kids had the #40 on their back last season.

My boy got 40 last year, doggies shop said it was the most popular number.
Wants to know how we can get it off to replace it!
Maybe the club offered Lukey commission on all the new jumpers us poor mums will have to buy :D

The Underdog
30-09-2012, 04:44 PM
My boy got 40 last year, doggies shop said it was the most popular number.
Wants to know how we can get it off to replace it!
Maybe the club offered Lukey commission on all the new jumpers us poor mums will have to buy :D

Considering the club used Dahl as the face of the kids club then its not surprising it was a popular number. Do the numbers come off these days? can't unstitch them :)

LostDoggy
30-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Do the numbers come off these days? can't unstitch them :)

They are heat pressed on now so don't think it will be coming off. Will have to google it.

LostDoggy
30-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Great choice, wouldn't have given it to anyone else.

LostDoggy
02-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I like it.

Seems like the club is making some good in-roads for the future.

VFL Side in 2014

Some reputable coaching staff

LostDoggy
02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
They are heat pressed on now so don't think it will be coming off. Will have to google it.

Have to buy a new one. Good news for the merchandise department, anyway!

I think it's a great show of thanks to the young fella for giving us some light in an otherwise dark year, earning the number 6 is no small matter and I'm glad the club is hyping it.

AndrewP6
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
I think it's a great show of thanks to the young fella for giving us some light in an otherwise dark year, earning the number 6 is no small matter and I'm glad the club is hyping it.

Hear hear!

F'scary
02-10-2012, 05:10 PM
It is a good choice for warrior Dalhaus to be number 6 in your phalanx. He has a nuclear powered energy core and a sophisticated gyroscope governing his balance mechanisms.

A question for you: why is player Grant, J number 1? It does not seem fitting that a right-sided player who has mistakenly been fitted with 2 left feet, who has a defective on-field GPS mechanism and avoids armour-testing confrontation should be your number 1.

Mofra
03-10-2012, 10:37 AM
A question for you: why is player Grant, J number 1? It does not seem fitting that a right-sided player who has mistakenly been fitted with 2 left feet, who has a defective on-field GPS mechanism and avoids armour-testing confrontation should be your number 1.
Any number in the double figures wouldn't fit on his back :p

LostDoggy
03-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Yay! Now I won't feel strange wearing my number 6 gernsey to games. Although it does have Brad Johnson's signature on it. :D

bornadog
03-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Yay! Now I won't feel strange wearing my number 6 gernsey to games. Although it does have Brad Johnson's signature on it. :D

Time for a new jumper without robo dog

LostDoggy
03-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Time for a new jumper without robo dog

Actually, it's the Hall of Fame one with the proud bulldog & the flag on it. I really liked that one. :)

bornadog
03-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Actually, it's the Hall of Fame one with the proud bulldog & the flag on it. I really liked that one. :)

In that case, Dahl better sign it.