PDA

View Full Version : Far fetched trade rumours

LostDoggy
03-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Post them here.
I like the Chris Dawes one so far, lets hope it's BS.

Remi Moses
03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Big Footy's got some doosies
Roughy for Lake :p

Desipura
03-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Exactly. Why do we need to resort to such crap?

LongWait
03-10-2012, 06:45 PM

The Roughy for Lake discussion was a joke. It followed some earlier talk about how supporters always over-rate their own players.

LostDoggy
03-10-2012, 06:53 PM
To me it's funny but I bet some people believe it.
Also like the Richmond fans one where we give up 5 and 6 for Martin and pick 9.
They get Tyson.

Where the Essendon's Hennemen trade offer this year?
Or the one we give them a bag of chips.

LongWait
03-10-2012, 07:05 PM
To me it's funny but I bet some people believe it.
Also like the Richmond fans one where we give up 5 and 6 for Martin and pick 9.
They get Tyson.

Where the Essendon's Hennemen trade offer this year?
Or the one we give them a bag of chips.

The current one that might make you laugh is Melbourne's pick 4 for Dawes and Wellingham. Damian Barrett proposed that one, and to me it speaks volumes for him when no-one on BigFooty is taking it seriously.

Update:

Healy (whose brother is on the Melbourne Board) is saying on 3AW that Melbourne is interested in trading Wellingham and Dawes for pick 4. Surely not?

stefoid
03-10-2012, 09:33 PM
We dont want collingwood with pick 4.

LostDoggy
03-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Update:

Healy (who's brother is on the Melbourne Board) is saying on 3AW that Melbourne is interested in trading Wellingham and Dawes for pick 4. Surely not?
Will believe that when it happens. Neitz would have to be an undercover spy for the pies.
Imagine the uproar if they trade 4 away after having to use pick 3 on Viney.

LongWait
03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Will believe that when it happens. Neitz would have to be an undercover spy for the pies.
Imagine the uproar if they trade 4 away after having to use pick 3 on Viney.

May as well shift to Tassie next season and start over.

Only upside to the trade for Melbourne is that Wellingham and Dawes are both AFL standard players. Melbourne have burned so many first round draft picks of late that maybe they'd be better trading picks for established players.

Remi Moses
03-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd be staggered if Melb do this.
They either don't trust their recruiting or they haven't seen Chris Dawes play for 2 years!

Dry Rot
03-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Anyone else getting the feeling that the Dees want rapid brought in improvement next season?

LongWait
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Some of the Melbourne posters on BF are claiming that Melbourne approached Collingwood and proposed pick 4 for Wellingham, Dawes and pick 18. Collingwood countered with pick 4 for Wellingham and Dawes.

G-Mo77
03-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Wellingham doesn't want to go to Melbourne so it's null and void.

LongWait
03-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Wellingham doesn't want to go to Melbourne so it's null and void.

That's the story from Wellingham's Manager.

Mofra
04-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Anyone else getting the feeling that the Dees want rapid brought in improvement next season?
After so many years of "rebuilding" it's not surprising.
Dawes & Clarke will play for the next 6-7 years at least, only Byrnes seems like a stop-gap.

bornadog
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
After so many years of "rebuilding" it's not surprising.
Dawes & Clarke will play for the next 6-7 years at least, only Byrnes seems like a stop-gap.

They will get at least 4 out of him too.

I guess they don't want any young players anymore, they are going for the ready made.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Any mention of an established out of contract quality player as a possible trade to us is laughable.
We are a talent exporter, not importer.
It sucks, but until as a club we are financially and culturally respected as well as successful on field, we will always be only a refuge for fringe, ageing stars or unproven players.
Sorry to be a captain buzzkill. but I find it amazing that some people actually think we are a chance to land a big fish year after year, when since the establishment of the draft and the removal of the ability to directly recruit interstate talent, we have landed exactly 0.

Raw Toast
04-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Any mention of an established out of contract quality player as a possible trade to us is laughable.
It sucks, but until as a club we are financially and culturally respected as well as successful on field, we will always be only a refuge for fringe, ageing stars or unproven players.
Sorry to be a captain buzzkill. but I find it amazing that some people actually think we are a chance to land a big fish year after year, when since the establishment of the draft and the removal of the ability to directly recruit interstate talent, we have landed exactly 0.

Jason Akermanis and Barry Hall say hi. Now Aka didn't exactly work out (though for awhile it seemed he might) and BBBBB didn't bring us a flag, but both chose us over significant competition and at the time we were rightly pleased they had come and a fair few celebrated the end of us being a talent exporter.

I agree it's not going to happen again this year, but it's not all been horrible.

Moreover, since 61 the Hawks have led the league in premierships after being appalling before. While I wish them nothing but the worst, it does show that history doesn't need to be destiny.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Jason Akermanis and Barry Hall say hi. Now Aka didn't exactly work out (though for awhile it seemed he might) and BBBBB didn't bring us a flag, but both chose us over significant competition and at the time we were rightly pleased they had come and a fair few celebrated the end of us being a talent exporter.

I agree it's not going to happen again this year, but it's not all been horrible.

Moreover, since 61 the Hawks have led the league in premierships after being appalling before. While I wish them nothing but the worst, it does show that history doesn't need to be destiny.

Aker and Hall were both special situations in that they were both over 30, and had serious risks attached to them.

I agree with the bolded bit. It doesn't mean we have to always be the case, and the reason I keep banging on about this topic is because I hate being the club noone thinks is relevant. It burns that each year we end up with the odds and sod's around the fringe, and are never really in the hunt for a player who may make a substantial difference.
It would be great to think that when player's of the ilk of a Tippett, a Burgoyne, Mitch Clark, or a Goddard are looking for new clubs that we are one of the perennial names linked to them as a probable destination.
Instead we invariably end up with the Djerkurra's, Street's, or someother Geelong cast-off.
I think as a club we need to understand why it is that we are quite possibly the least attractive destination in Melbourne for any medium to high profile player who is seeking a new club.
The fact that we can only muster a handful of GPS amongst our squad is probably indicative of one area that would put players off. Is this it? Are there any other reasons why?Is it our lack of success? Is there a perceived culture or lack thereof?

w3design
04-10-2012, 11:09 PM
The Roughy for Lake discussion was a joke. It followed some earlier talk about how supporters always over-rate their own players.

Exactly! When I put that forward in the discussion re the merits [ or otherwise] of trading Lake to the Hawks, my tongue was planted very firmly in my cheek. It then seemed to grow legs of it's own, which left me chuckling quietly to myself.

If the birdies were flighty enough to consider it as an option [ which they aren't], I could dance and laugh at the same time.

jeemak
04-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Aker and Hall were both special situations in that they were both over 30, and had serious risks attached to them.

I agree with the bolded bit. It doesn't mean we have to always be the case, and the reason I keep banging on about this topic is because I hate being the club noone thinks is relevant. It burns that each year we end up with the odds and sod's around the fringe, and are never really in the hunt for a player who may make a substantial difference.
It would be great to think that when player's of the ilk of a Tippett, a Burgoyne, Mitch Clark, or a Goddard are looking for new clubs that we are one of the perennial names linked to them as a probable destination.
Instead we invariably end up with the Djerkurra's, Street's, or someother Geelong cast-off.
I think as a club we need to understand why it is that we are quite possibly the least attractive destination in Melbourne for any medium to high profile player who is seeking a new club.
The fact that we can only muster a handful of GPS amongst our squad is probably indicative of one area that would put players off. Is this it? Are there any other reasons why?Is it our lack of success? Is there a perceived culture or lack thereof?

If we're going to be a club that attracts big name players, we need to be a club that farms an abundance of quality youth at the same time as being competitive to the point of top four contention for a sustained period.

The equalisation the draft creates actually provides us with a reasonable platform to do this, as money doesn't come in to securring big names these days to an extent. We need to make the most of our periods at the lower end of the ladder and draft high quality talent. When we have this talent on our list, we'll be able to put them out to the market when quality players are looking for a new home, as we'll be a desirable club to trade with, and with a competitive ladder position and an upward trend we'll be a desirable club to play with.

These two or three upcoming draft periods are key to our future in so many ways.

w3design
05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
If we're going to be a club that attracts big name players, we need to be a club that farms an abundance of quality youth at the same time as being competitive to the point of top four contention for a sustained period.

The equalisation the draft creates actually provides us with a reasonable platform to do this, as money doesn't come in to securring big names these days to an extent. We need to make the most of our periods at the lower end of the ladder and draft high quality talent. When we have this talent on our list, we'll be able to put them out to the market when quality players are looking for a new home, as we'll be a desirable club to trade with, and with a competitive ladder position and an upward trend we'll be a desirable club to play with.

These two or three upcoming draft periods are key to our future in so many ways.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from jeemak. What worries me is this new stupid Free Agency thing itself.
I can see everything going back to the bad old days where Footscray continually developed high quality players, only to have them snaffled away by the richer more successful clubs.
We simply never became that desirable destination because we could not keep enough of our quality together long enough between rapings.
It is showing up already that the really good players who move under this system are going to go to the 'top' clubs. The Collingwoods, Essendons etc will get the big fish, while the lesser clubs are going to pick up scraps, while themselves getting bent over the railing.

Axe Man
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Whilst we haven't landed any big name signings apart from a couple of ageing stars, how many have there been league wide? They are really pretty few and far between and most have some sort of caveat attached.

Until Essendon landed Goddard they hadn't managed a significant big name signing since Des Tuddenham in 1972 (from an article I read, bit before my time)! This is from one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the league, yet even they hadn't managed to attract a genuine star from another VFL/AFL club in 40 years.

With free agency the movement of star players may well become much more prevalent. If the next time we rise up the ladder we try and fail to attract a star signing then I'll start to agree with you.

KT31
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Whilst we haven't landed any big name signings apart from a couple of ageing stars, how many have there been league wide? They are really pretty few and far between and most have some sort of caveat attached.

Until Essendon landed Goddard they hadn't managed a significant big name signing since Des Tuddenham in 1972 (from an article I read, bit before my time)! This is from one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the league, yet even they hadn't managed to attract a genuine star from another VFL/AFL club in 40 years.

With free agency the movement of star players may well become much more prevalent. If the next time we rise up the ladder we try and fail to attract a star signing then I'll start to agree with you.

Agrre - if free agency had of happened a few years back when we had a shot at a flag,
we would have been an more attractive option and who knows what wouyld have happened.
Now we are celler dwellers it will be a while before a big name would be attracted to the club.
Having said that it hasn't stopped the Dee's or Tigers from having a crack at free agency.
Maybe they just don't have the "woe is me" attitude".

Dancin' Douggy
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't think now is the time for us to chase big fish.
Tigers feel they are on the verge.
And Melbourne just can't afford to be non competitive anymore,
They've been absorbing draft picks like a Sham Wow for years now and need instant fix players.

We've at the start of a rebuild after years of top 4, competitive Footy.

We rebuild from the draft and then chase the big guns. When and if they suit us.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I really hope you are both right. My own thoughts are more aligned right now to what paulv posted on another thread, that we are heading back to the days of the 70's ans 80's.
We will draft talent, and when they qualify for FA the larger clubs will Hoover them up. In turn we (and other small clubs) will continue to finish low on the ladder and continue to receive good draft picks, only to see the cycle continue.
I think Paul Roos was right on this, FA is going to be a disaster for the smaller clubs.

Maddog37
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
But if clubs are smart like Sydney and identify young talent not getting a go at stronger clubs then it can work both ways. Ted Richards, Kennedy and Mumford are perfect examples. Every player that a strong club brings in means less opportunities for those already there and they may have to look elsewhere for opportunities.

Remi Moses
05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
While the salary cap exists we're okay.
Having said that the whole third party situation stinks to high heaven.
Fruitless exercise picking up anyone over 27, as we're in a world of hurt for a few.
The whole "moneyball" philosophy and equating it to Sydney is complete bollox.
Major League has no salary cap, the Oakland A's spent 300 mil less than the team they beat in their Division( Texas)Sydney get 900 more to spend.

DragzLS1
05-10-2012, 04:32 PM
But if clubs are smart like Sydney and identify young talent not getting a go at stronger clubs then it can work both ways. Ted Richards, Kennedy and Mumford are perfect examples. Every player that a strong club brings in means less opportunities for those already there and they may have to look elsewhere for opportunities.

Weelingham and Dawes, case in point.

This is correct.. Dont think it will be as bad as everybody thinks

We need to draft and draft well, build towards a sustainable future and in 2-3 years time when most of the older guys have retired, we have salary cap ect we can go for some big names.. I mean we have already extended some of our young guns like Luke D ect.. so in a few years instead of them being on $600k per year, they will only be on $400k per year leaving us plenty of room for Free Agency ect.. I think the club knows exactly what it is doing and it suits us just fine ;)

Sockeye Salmon
05-10-2012, 05:46 PM
While the salary cap exists we're okay.
Having said that the whole third party situation stinks to high heaven.
Fruitless exercise picking up anyone over 27, as we're in a world of hurt for a few.
The whole "moneyball" philosophy and equating it to Sydney is complete bollox.
Major League has no salary cap, the Oakland A's spent 300 mil less than the team they beat in their Division( Texas)Sydney get 900 more to spend.

The salary cap is a joke. Heard the one about the club captain who got paid $100K to do a sportsman's night that never happened?

Mofra
05-10-2012, 10:17 PM
The salary cap is a joke. Heard the one about the club captain who got paid $100K to do a sportsman's night that never happened?
Heard the one about a certain person's mum who is employed to do "general admin" at Visy?

jeemak
05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I understand where you are coming from jeemak. What worries me is this new stupid Free Agency thing itself.
I can see everything going back to the bad old days where Footscray continually developed high quality players, only to have them snaffled away by the richer more successful clubs.
We simply never became that desirable destination because we could not keep enough of our quality together long enough between rapings.
It is showing up already that the really good players who move under this system are going to go to the 'top' clubs. The Collingwoods, Essendons etc will get the big fish, while the lesser clubs are going to pick up scraps, while themselves getting bent over the railing.

As others have said, to land a big fish through a trade you have to have something worth giving up, and in the case of Free Agency you need to have Salary Cap space to fit them in.

The difference between now and the dark old days is there was no compensation model to compensate a clubs loss. I'm glad we don't seem to have lost anyone yet, and not likely to, because I think the compensation model devised by the AFL (whatever it is) will take some tweaking. As time passes, and a couple of major clubs get screwed by it the AFL will revise it very quickly after they make noise in the media.

Anyway, this isn't the FA/Bulldogs sustainable non-battler future thread, instead it's the Far Fetched Trade Rumour thread and we should probably keep it on topic otherwise Chops might do his nana! :D

SlimPickens
05-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I've heard Essendon are asking for an assistant junior boot studder and someone to help slice the oranges for 3 qtr time in exchange for Slattery....seriously their expectations are ludicrous.

This is what you mean Jeemak?

jeemak
06-10-2012, 12:58 AM
I've heard Essendon are asking for an assistant junior boot studder and someone to help slice the oranges for 3 qtr time in exchange for Slattery....seriously their expectations are ludicrous.

Mate, I seriously double took (or taked - how's that for sexy letter usage) at that comment, as I forgot he was still on their list!

Whilst your spirit is spot on, I just can't imagine it being reasonable that a junior boot studder, and an orange slicer would be put up for him as a trade.

So while this is the far fetched trade thread, I think a bit of reality needs to come into it, and what you've put on the table is a little off the mark!

Greystache
06-10-2012, 01:09 AM

His mum is a QC, I think his only value is her providing free representation next time Michael Hurley is in trouble.

jeemak
06-10-2012, 01:17 AM
His mum is a QC, I think his only value is her providing free representation next time Michael Hurley is in trouble.

Snap. That's pretty catty mate. Taking down semi-elite sports people and elite lawyers in one hit. Hats off! :)

LostDoggy
06-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Heard from two avid Hawthorn supporters, Hawthorn talking to Lake?

G-Mo77
06-10-2012, 10:48 AM

It's starting to grow some legs now. If he wants to go I'd be asking for, at least a 1st Rounder and a young prospect. I'd be forcing them to try and move up in the first round as well. They'll have to pay overs considering he's under contract.

ledge
06-10-2012, 11:20 AM

Why would we sign him Up for 3 years last year to give him away the next year?
I prefer to think its hawthorn supporters in hope of something that's not going to happen

Greystache
06-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I prefer to think its hawthorn supporters in hope of something that's not going to happen

We signed him up for 4 years 3 years ago.

bornadog
06-10-2012, 12:59 PM

Different coach.

LongWait
06-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Different coach.

Yes...the previous coach and his assistants had such a positive and supportive relationship with Brian didn't they?

Sockeye Salmon
06-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes...the previous coach and his assistants had such a positive and supportive relationship with Brian didn't they?

Actually, they did. Turned him into an AA as well.

Montgomery opened his trap when he shouldn't have, but Eade and Lake actually had a pretty good relationship. Good enough for Lake to sign a 4 year deal to play under him.

anfo27
06-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't see a big deal in trading Lake out if we can get something good out of it. We need to do whats best for the club & if an offer too good to refuse comes along we need to take it.
At times this year it looked like he was more concerned in chasing stats than doing the team thing. We have some good prospects we need to get games into & we do have an experienced role model in Morris back there to help the kids develop. Morris is far more professional than Lake & would make a better teacher.

bornadog
06-10-2012, 02:04 PM

Montgomery opened his trap when he shouldn't have, but Eade and Lake actually had a pretty good relationship. Good enough for Lake to sign a 4 year deal to play under him.

This ^^^

Lake won't be our regular fullback next year and maynot like that idea.

ledge
06-10-2012, 02:09 PM
This ^^^

From what I heard he wanted to play forward more and macca is willing to give it a try

bornadog
06-10-2012, 02:10 PM
From what I heard he wanted to play forward more and macca is willing to give it a try

Really? I thought that was Williams. Where did you hear that?

craigsahibee
I don't see a big deal in trading Lake out if we can get something good out of it. We need to do whats best for the club & if an offer too good to refuse comes along we need to take it.
At times this year it looked like he was more concerned in chasing stats than doing the team thing. We have some good prospects we need to get games into & we do have an experienced role model in Morris back there to help the kids develop. Morris is far more professional than Lake & would make a better teacher.

Dale is no certainty to come back and be the player he was before the injury. Personally, I would be devastated to lose Brian, even more so to the filth from Glenferrie.

I believe Talia will be a more than capable KP defender in years to come but we need to be careful to not expose his body to the monster forwards of the opposition to early in hd career . By keeping Brian, the load can be shared. Lets face it Markovic can't cut it and Roberts and Austin aren't bg enough for the key forwards.

AndrewP6

Morris will be lucky to last the season out. He's coming back from a terrible injury, and likely won't be 100% for some time, if ever again. What kind of "too good to refuse offer" are people expecting? We seem to forget there is another team on the end of the trade table, and they want a good deal too. They're not going to offer us Buddy.

Just on Lake, why is Morris "far more professional"?? Lake endured the season from hell last year, multiple surgeries etc.. just to get back with us. That's a true professional in my book.

Greystache
06-10-2012, 02:18 PM

So you think he was well managed and had a good relationship with the coaching staff in 2011? Obviously excluding scapegoat Montgomery.

Greystache
06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Dale is no certainty to come back and be the player he was before the injury. Personally, I would be devastated to lose Brian, even more so to the filth from Glenferrie.

I believe Talia will be a more than capable KP defender in years to come but we need to be careful to not expose his body to the monster forwards of the opposition to early in hd career . By keeping Brian, the load can be shared. Lets face it Markovic can't cut it and Roberts and Austin aren't bg enough for the key forwards.

Roberts is taller and weighs more than Talia already. He will be the biggest of the lot in another year or two.

KT31
06-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Suggest it is just wishful thinking and on their behalf.
They can talk all they like, he is signed to us.
My in-laws are avid Hawthorn supportors and I have had the same crap for 5 years.
Just because they are supportors doesn't mean they have the inside word, take most of us on Woof as a case in point.;)

G-Mo77
06-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Agree anfo27. And being an unrestricted free agent after 2013 and lose him for nothing (and we will) we'd be absolutely crazy not to entertain the offers coming from Hawthorn, that is if they are chasing. I'm in the camp of putting him on the table.

Sockeye Salmon
06-10-2012, 02:41 PM
So you think he was well managed and had a good relationship with the coaching staff in 2011? Obviously excluding scapegoat Montgomery.

He was mis-diagnosed and physically couldn't do what he and everyone else wanted him to do, but the relationship with the coaching staff was fine.

w3design
06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
This ^^^

In reality I think Brian would prefer to play that [ and I hate the term personally] floating quarter back type roll, with FB, CHB occupied by 2 other fixed posi. talls.

He is at his best and most creative/dangerous if he can run off his opponent, rather than have to stay glued to him. Leading at the ball himself, rather than chasing a leading opponent is Brian's real strength.
He can do the whole chasing/spoiling thing, but always looks happiest out-marking and outrunning an opponent.

Greystache
06-10-2012, 02:49 PM
He was mis-diagnosed and physically couldn't do what he and everyone else wanted him to do, but the relationship with the coaching staff was fine.

The relationship with the coaching staff was fine? Someone should inform Brian of that, it might make him happy know.

I'm terrified to think of the backlash if McCartney has equally "fine" relationships with the players.

GVGjr
06-10-2012, 03:13 PM

I don't think it sat well with him that the coaching team didn't appear to accept his word that everything wasn't OK and this actually strained the relationship.

Obviously he got over it though.

anfo27
06-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Morris will be lucky to last the season out. He's coming back from a terrible injury, and likely won't be 100% for some time, if ever again. What kind of "too good to refuse offer" are people expecting? We seem to forget there is another team on the end of the trade table, and they want a good deal too. They're not going to offer us Buddy.

Just on Lake, why is Morris "far more professional"?? Lake endured the season from hell last year, multiple surgeries etc.. just to get back with us. That's a true professional in my book.

Lake decided to hold off on 1 of the surgeries in the off season of 2010 because it would hamper him too much on his holidays so he had the surgery when he got back & thus was not anywhere near ready for pre-season training. Morris would never do that, he would move heaven & earth to get himself right.

I'm well aware that Morris may not come back & play but most of the teaching & learning is done through the week at training where Morris will be there.

Unlike others I don't think a first round pick plus a good player with the hawks taking on Lakes contract as well as the only offer we should be after. I can't see how that benefits the hawks at all. To get a 1st round pick & something else we would have to shoulder most of Brians contract so the hawks get a player they really want without having to move players on to fit him under the cap.

This is the far fetched trade thread so here it goes. Hawthorn get Lake with us paying 80% of his contract. We get their 1st round pick & a player (Savage perhaps). We then trade Savage & picks 5 & 6 to GWS for Martin, Anderson & Hogan. Is that far fetched enough for this thread?

Sockeye Salmon
06-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Lake decided to hold off on 1 of the surgeries in the off season of 2010 because it would hamper him too much on his holidays so he had the surgery when he got back & thus was not anywhere near ready for pre-season training.

That is simply not true.

Lake held off on one of his surgeries because he couldn't get them all done at once. He had to wait until he could weight bare before he had the 3rd operation.

Dry Rot
06-10-2012, 05:21 PM

It's starting to grow some legs now. If he wants to go I'd be asking for, at least a 1st Rounder and a young prospect. I'd be forcing them to try and move up in the first round as well. They'll have to pay overs considering he's under contract.

If there's some reality to this, and if Lake is happy to go, then I'd try to buy Carlton's pick 11.

ie Lake + we pay most of his salary in 2013 (we were going to any way) for Carlton's pick 11.

Carlton is paying overs with pick 11 but get to have him because we're paying him, and we "buy" pick 11.

Remi Moses
06-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Can't see Carlton agreeing to that deal.
More likely Hawthorn, I'd think.
Carlton are a bit further away than some think.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-10-2012, 05:31 PM
It would have to be a pick in the teens + a decent player for us to entertain the idea for even the slightest of seconds IMO. Can't see how it'd get done and/or benefit another team enough to do it.

LongWait
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Can't see Carlton agreeing to that deal.
More likely Hawthorn, I'd think.
Carlton are a bit further away than some think.

Yes Remi - but are Carlton a bit further away than Carlton think? ;)

We are coming....somethings cooking.....etc. etc.

Dry Rot
06-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Yes, Malthouse may have sold them on the idea that Carlton, under his god-like control, are closer than we think. ;)

KT31
06-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Was this by his physician or ours ?
And if it was ours I hope the club did the right thing and now has a new club doctor.

Sockeye Salmon
06-10-2012, 08:15 PM
And if it was ours I hope the club did the right thing and now has a new club doctor.

Ours

Remi Moses
06-10-2012, 09:36 PM

Or their new motto
" I am Collingwood"

jeemak
07-10-2012, 01:54 AM

Diagnosing a player's issues isn't as easy as it might sound sometimes. Player input plays a huge part in the process, and scans don't alway paint a true picture of the issues at hand.

Just like any time serious medical advice is dispensed, a second opinion can be invaluable, and if one wasn't sought at the time I'd be disappointed with the club.