PDA

View Full Version : Dimattina on board

Axe Man
17-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Link (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149828/default.aspx)

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/AFL/AFL%20A-E/PaulDim%20316b.jpg

PAUL Dimattina will put his hand up for a position on the Western Bulldogs board under new president Peter Gordon.

Gordon is the anointed successor to David Smorgon, who will step down as Bulldogs president at the club's annual general meeting on December 20.

Last year, Dimattina publicly pushed for Smorgon to be replaced as president after Rodney Eade was sacked as the Bulldogs coach.

Reports at the time had linked the former Bulldogs midfielder to the top job but he confirmed to AFL.com.au on Wednesday that he had no interest in taking the presidency.

"I'm 100 per cent behind Peter and obviously I think it is a great move forward. David's been wonderful but just like anything we need that time for change and a new set of eyes and a new energy around the place," he said.

The 37-year-old did say, however, that he was eyeing off a position on the board and was hoping to discuss plans with Gordon in the coming weeks.

"I will probably catch up with Peter and have discussions with him," he said.

"My hand is up for a position and I will chat with Peter in the next week or so and see where he stands with it. If he's happy to have me on board I'd love to be on board with him."

Dimattina would not comment on whether any other former players would look to join him as part of the new-look board but did say he was only interested in being a board member, with no ambitions to holding any other position at the club.

Since his career came to an end at the Bulldogs in 2003, Dimattina has become the face of his family's restaurant group, which includes Dimattina's restaurant in Carlton and Society in Melbourne's central business district.

He played 131 games and kicked 56 goals in his nine-year career at the Bulldogs.

bornadog
17-10-2012, 02:26 PM
He has my vote.

Desipura
17-10-2012, 03:19 PM
He does not have my vote, not sure he can be trusted. Says one thing, does another.

ledge
17-10-2012, 03:44 PM
He does not have my vote, not sure he can be trusted. Says one thing, does another.

Any examples?

LostDoggy
17-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Most misleading headline ever. He is not on the board at all. He just put his hand up, which he has done in one way or another, directly or indirectly, for the past 12 months.

bornadog
17-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Most misleading headline ever. He is not on the board at all. He just put his hand up, which he has done in one way or another, directly or indirectly, for the past 12 months.

Play on words. He is on board with the decision to appointment Gordon as President

bornadog
17-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Any examples?

Exactly - what is reported in the paper and what he has actually said can be two different things.

Golden rule is don't believe what you read in the paper and only half of what someone tells you:)

soupman
17-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. There's been too many "Dimmatina to the rescue" headlines for me to to expect this time to be any different.

Desipura
17-10-2012, 03:59 PM
When he is quoted, I choose to believe.

bornadog
17-10-2012, 03:59 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. There's been too many "Dimmatina to the rescue" headlines for me to to expect this time to be any different.

Believe what?

Eastdog
17-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Now with Peter Gordon as our new President do you expect any changes on the board.

soupman
17-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Believe what?

Dimmatina will be involved in any official capacity with the club.

chef
17-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Great news. Met Paul before a few times and he's a great bloke.

LostDoggy
18-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Not really related to the topic but Dimma was sitting 3 rows in front of us at the NRL grand final. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

bornadog
18-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Not really related to the topic but Dimma was sitting 3 rows in front of us at the NRL grand final. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Did you say hello?

LostDoggy
19-10-2012, 11:41 AM
No, I was too shy. :o

If it'd been Peter Foster I would've though!! :D

bornadog
19-10-2012, 12:56 PM
No, I was too shy. :o

If it'd been Peter Foster I would've though!! :D

I know what you mean, I feel as if I am intruding in their life if I approach them.

LostDoggy
22-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I know what you mean, I feel as if I am intruding in their life if I approach them.

That too, he was there with friends to watch the grand final so I didn't want to intrude. If he's been sitting next to me I would've said hello. :)