PDA

View Full Version : God Give North Albury Strength

LostDoggy
19-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Just read on Twitter that Aker is the new captain/coach of North Albury.
Does selfish player equal selfish coach ?

Maddog37
19-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow that is scary.

Cyberdoggie
19-10-2012, 04:25 PM
I wonder what his 3/4 time speeches to the players might be?

"kick to me and i'll win the game for you?"

bornadog
19-10-2012, 04:26 PM
link (http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/10/19/akermanis-given-his-coaching-chance/)

TRIPLE AFL premiership star Jason Akermanis has been appointed player/coach of Ovens and Murray League side North Albury.

The controversial character, who has become as notorious for his big mouth in recent years as he was for his big talent playing for the Brisbane Lions and Western Bulldogs, will no doubt bring more headlines to the country Victorian league.

He will follow Brendan Fevola into the Ovens and Murray league, which boosted the profile and the profits of Yarrawonga last season, finishing with over 100 goals and a premiership.

Fevola announced via his Twitter account that he intended to play for the Pigeons again next year - setting up another AFL old boys reunion.

"Got some great news I've just re-signed at Yarrawonga for next year. Back to back baby!! Great town great people #pigeons2013," Fevola wrote.

Wangaratta Rovers drew massive crowds and success with their recruitment of former Sydney and Bulldogs star Barry Hall.

Tadgh Kenneally also played for Albury during the season.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-10-2012, 04:28 PM
How long before he starts slagging off at the club?

always right
19-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I hear he plans on introducing the Leading Teams concept to the club.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-10-2012, 04:32 PM

Love your work

LostDoggy
19-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Love it !

LostDoggy
19-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Worth his contract in terms of bringing attention and money to the club, but money isn't really the price you pay with Aker is it?

Interesting to see how they go…

Remi Moses
19-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Nice.
Don't think Reach foundation will sponsor the club either.

Dancin' Douggy
19-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I wonder who he'll blame when he gets kicked out.

Ghost Dog
19-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Well good on him I say. Personally, I think Jason has some 'cognitive issues of concern' and would be good to see him settle down, get a steady job and get his shit together. Like Fev, maybe it will be the best thing that happened to him and he will actually be happier and healthier. I hope he is. Maybe safer gig than being a player in the country. A whole conga line of blokes waiting to clock him I guess.

AndrewP6
19-10-2012, 09:08 PM
We're not doing a very good job of never mentioning his name here, are we? ;)

Maddog37
19-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Well good on him I say. Personally, I think Jason has some 'cognitive issues of concern' and would be good to see him settle down, get a steady job and get his shit together. Like Fev, maybe it will be the best thing that happened to him and he will actually be happier and healthier. I hope he is. Maybe safer gig than being a player in the country. A whole conga line of blokes waiting to clock him I guess.

Nice post GD.

G-Mo77
19-10-2012, 09:57 PM
If I was playing there I'd leave for a rival club so I'd have a chance to knock his teeth down his throat.

LostDoggy
20-10-2012, 04:07 PM
If I was playing there I'd leave for a rival club so I'd have a chance to knock his teeth down his throat.

I don't usually advocate violence but I like your idea G-Mo!

Mofra
20-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Meh. I don't know why people still care.

Scraggers
21-10-2012, 04:53 AM
We're not doing a very good job of never mentioning his name here, are we? ;)

Voldemort ??

1eyedog
22-10-2012, 08:55 AM
No residual issue with Aker, he was good for us for a few years and we knew what we were getting, it worked both ways. All the best to him.

Bulldog4life
22-10-2012, 11:54 AM
No residual issue with Aker, he was good for us for a few years and we knew what we were getting, it worked both ways. All the best to him.

I think everyone agrees with that but it was the constant slagging off at the Club and players after he left which annoyed me.

Twodogs
22-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I think everyone agrees with that but it was the constant slagging off at the Club and players after he left which annoyed me.

I think we were the only ones worrying about what he said.

1eyedog
22-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Like I said we knew what we were getting.

bornadog
22-10-2012, 01:12 PM
The only mistake we made was keeping him on our list for one year too long.

always right
22-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I wish him all the best....I really do.

G-Mo77
22-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I think we were the only ones worrying about what he said.

I don't know, he back flipped pretty quickly on his allegations aimed at Dahlhaus when Libba got in trouble. I don't think the club took to kindly to it and did something about it.

Personally I didn't like the guy after he left, bagging the club etc but when he tried to tear down the careers of kids who had nothing to do with his sacking that's when it stepped up another level for me personally. I wish nothing but the worst for him, I loathe the man!