PDA

View Full Version : Crows & Tippett Charged

wimberga
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-and-tippett-charged-20121112-2986r.html

GVGjr
12-11-2012, 10:33 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-and-tippett-charged-20121112-2986r.html

The Crows are doing the best they can here by owning up to their errors. The fine won't hurt them too much and a loss of drafts picks impact them next season but it will catch-up with them.

We might slide up the draft order by one spot.

How hard is the AFL prepared to go on the tanking issue?

jeemak
12-11-2012, 11:57 PM
I struggle to know or understand whether they've been helpful because they knew the jig was up and this is the path of least resistence. The cynic in me believes they're minimising harm.

I think they need to have a severe non-financial punishment thrown at them. Everyone knows that only a completely over the top fine will impact them as a club, so the only way they can be punished appropriately is through making it difficult for them to develop their list through talent replenishment over the coming years.

It will be interesting to see if the AFL has the balls to hit them where it will actually hurt them.

MrMahatma
13-11-2012, 01:21 AM
I struggle to know or understand whether they've been helpful because they knew the jig was up and this is the path of least resistence. The cynic in me believes they're minimising harm.

I think they need to have a severe non-financial punishment thrown at them. Everyone knows that only a completely over the top fine will impact them as a club, so the only way they can be punished appropriately is through making it difficult for them to develop their list through talent replenishment over the coming years.

It will be interesting to see if the AFL has the balls to hit them where it will actually hurt them.
It is kinda soft that both teams likely to be punished have been able to land 17yr old (potential) guns before sanctions hit them. Spreads the pain a fair bit.

They should get a massive draft wack, fine, no rights to Friday night footy for 3 yrs, travel more for the next 3 yrs. You name it.

jeemak
13-11-2012, 01:43 AM
It is kinda soft that both teams likely to be punished have been able to land 17yr old (potential) guns before sanctions hit them. Spreads the pain a fair bit.

They should get a massive draft wack, fine, no rights to Friday night footy for 3 yrs, travel more for the next 3 yrs. You name it.

Good point.

For Adelaide removal of revenue from their home ground Showdown in 2013 and exclusion from the next couple would be a reasonable outcome, as would removal of Melbourne's ongoing charitable blockbuster that lands on the Queens Birthday weekend for a few years.

Both have shown they are prepared to take the good, but subvert the bad in this regard and exclusion from these events would prove a very strong reminder that they are very well looked after by the AFL in terms of fixturing, compared to other clubs in these instances.

Dry Rot
13-11-2012, 02:02 AM
The possible penalties for the Crows are obvious, but what about those for Tippett?

Hotdog60
13-11-2012, 07:28 AM
The possible penalties for the Crows are obvious, but what about those for Tippett?

Is Tippett at fault or is it his manager?

Should some blame go that far, interesting to see how it pans out.

GVGjr
13-11-2012, 07:52 AM

The manager represents the player so I don't think Tippett can use an excuse that he wasn't aware. He also wanted an agreement in the contract that he could be traded to the club of his choice which sounds a lot like draft tampering.

The Crows will cop their draft restrictions and I think Tippett will get some form of suspension maybe something like 12 games.

LostDoggy
13-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Throw the book at them.

Ban them foir 10 years - I could put up with a bye each round for this

G-Mo77
13-11-2012, 10:56 AM

You could say that Tippett signed off on it so he should be punished as well but then again do player know much about the TPP?

A better punishment than taking their picks away would be to take the 1997 premiership away from them. At least I'd feel a smidgeon better.

Mofra
13-11-2012, 11:03 AM
You could say that Tippett signed off on it so he should be punished as well but then again do player know much about the TPP?
TPP is irrelevant - if he agreed to a $200,000 payment outside of his AFL-sanctioned contract he knew he was in the wrong regardless of his knowledge of teammates' contracts.

Not sure if the AFL would be so drastic to enforce a 12 month de-registration (the AFLPA would practically riot) but on evidence thus far he has a definate case to answer.

G-Mo77
13-11-2012, 11:10 AM
TPP is irrelevant - if he agreed to a $200,000 payment outside of his AFL-sanctioned contract he knew he was in the wrong regardless of his knowledge of teammates' contracts.

Was it worded to him that way though? I haven't read much of what has unfolded so not sure on the exact circumstances.

Edit: Should clarify that I believe Kurt knew what he was doing. There is a slim chance there is another side to the story though.

Topdog
13-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Doesnt matter how it was worded. He signed 2 contracts.

bornadog
13-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Was it worded to him that way though? I haven't read much of what has unfolded so not sure on the exact circumstances.

Edit: Should clarify that I believe Kurt knew what he was doing. There is a slim chance there is another side to the story though.

There is always another side when you haven't heard from the accused.

I would say he was young and naive and just went with what the adults told him the way it would be done.

Ghost Dog
13-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Where does his father sit in all this? Ruthless by all accounts.

Twodogs
13-11-2012, 05:42 PM

That's like going to court, being found guilty then saying that your lawyer should go to jail instead of you.

Twodogs
13-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Where does his father sit in all this?

I'm guessing he's probably sitting in a really nice car or a really expensive restaraunt.

Ghost Dog
13-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Good one!

With his son about to sit out AFL for a year because of his greed.

Throughandthrough
13-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Where does his father sit in all this? Ruthless by all accounts.

Allegedly not at all a popular man @ West Lakes

Bulldog4life
13-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Port Adelaide supporters must be loving it!

Sockeye Salmon
13-11-2012, 09:10 PM
That's like going to court, being found guilty then saying that your lawyer should go to jail instead of you.

So they should

Bulldog Revolution
13-11-2012, 10:18 PM
The fix has been in for weeks, Tippett to be a Giant

Hopefully they take the Crows pick so we get an earlier pick

neddie
14-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Throw the book at them.

You have taken your nasty pills again!!

LostDoggy
15-11-2012, 11:26 AM
You have taken your nasty pills again!!

Truth be known I am loving this.

LostDoggy
15-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Throw the book at them.

Post of the year!:D:D:D:D:D

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-11-2012, 05:29 PM
The manager represents the player so I don't think Tippett can use an excuse that he wasn't aware. He also wanted an agreement in the contract that he could be traded to the club of his choice which sounds a lot like draft tampering.

The Crows will cop their draft restrictions and I think Tippett will get some form of suspension maybe something like 12 games.

The AFL will be working overtime to get him to GWS. You have to wonder how many other clubs fiddle the books in particular the stronger wealthier clubs. The Crows administration deserves to have the book thrown at it and Tippett and his Manager would be fully aware of what was being played out.

Throughandthrough
15-11-2012, 06:00 PM
This will really hurt the "squeaky clean" image that the Crows have tried to portray

While the blue rinse knitters in rAdelaide are blaming the AFL, more and more of the "normal" Crows supporter are starting to realise that the Crows have been caught cheating big time.

There's zero chance that Teflon Trigg will keep his job, is untenable. The Board will want heads to roll so it looks like that all bad decisions made were not their fault.

And imagine working in Corporate Sponsorship at the Crows at the moment. Try renewing a sponsorship with a business that maybe struggling a tad financially and waving in their commitment.

But at least we can say we were beaten in 97 and 98 by a club that has been caugh Salary Cap cheating.

SlimPickens
15-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Emma Quayle reporting that Adelaide may also be in trouble for further third party payments o Nathan Van Berlo....if they weren't already in strife this could escalate hugely.

SlimPickens
15-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Link http://theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/adelaide-salary-probe-widens-20121115-29euo.html

Eastdog
15-11-2012, 10:51 PM
The Crows are in a lot of trouble now with this latest development.

azabob
15-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Emma Quayle reporting that Adelaide may also be in trouble for further third party payments o Nathan Van Berlo....if they weren't already in strife this could escalate hugely.

It is amazing.

They didn't even need to do it.

Go_Dogs
15-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Great living in Adelaide at the moment, giving it to Crows supporters - now even better.

Twodogs
16-11-2012, 07:11 PM
So they should

"Mum, dad-I got a law degree!!!!"

"Mum, dad-can you come down and bail me out again? I lost another case."

Great living in Adelaide at the moment, giving it to Crows supporters - now even better.

Give the bastards one from me while you are at it.

Ghost Dog
16-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Griffen#16 - Carlton's misdemeanors over the years have been the gift that keeps on giving, in terms of sledging my Carlton mates. You'll be able to enjoy similar fun with your Crows mates for years on end!

bulldogtragic
30-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Tippett gets 11 weeks and crows get $300,000 fine and lose picks in next years draft.

Whack.

DOG GOD
30-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Only the first 2 rounds...I thought it would've been a little more hefty than that.

bulldogtragic
30-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Only the first 2 rounds...I thought it would've been a little more hefty than that.
I think that they sacrificed their two top picks this year helped. That's losing two first rounders and two second rounders. More than Carlton lost, admittedly not as high picks.

azabob
30-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Tippett gets 11 weeks and crows get $300,000 fine and lose picks in next years draft.

Whack.

Trigg, Reid, Tippet got off lightly, what about the player manger, surely has to cop something also.

DOG GOD
30-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I think that they sacrificed their two top picks this year helped. That's losing two first rounders and two second rounders. More than Carlton lost, admittedly not as high picks.

Yep B.T you're probably right there...still think they got off lightly though.

The Coon Dog
30-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Officials got off lightly, compared to Matt Rendell who they sacked.

GVGjr
30-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Excellent point. I feel Rendell paid too high of a price. He simply made a verbal error not a calculated act of deception planned out by the senior management team.

LostDoggy
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM

The AFL had to be careful not to send Adelaide to the wall.

Excellent point. I feel Rendell paid too high of a price. He simply made a verbal error not a calculated act of deception planned out by the senior management team.

Agree 100%

Maddog37
01-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Surely heaps of clubs are doing it.

FrediKanoute
01-12-2012, 12:33 AM

The AFL has learnt though, if you cripple a club like they did with Carlton, the ramifications hang around for years. Its tough enough. Move on.

Remi Moses
01-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Talk about hit with a wet lettuce!
Should have been two drafts and a bigger fine.
Rendell gets the bullet for a silly comment, yet cheats keep their job.

Happy Days
01-12-2012, 02:39 AM

They did get off light, but to be fair the two incidents deal with totally different things and are hardly comparable, no matter how hypocritical the punishments may seem

chef
01-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Talk about hit with a wet lettuce!
Should have been two drafts and a bigger fine.
Rendell gets the bullet for a silly comment, yet cheats keep their job.

It is.

GVGjr
01-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Surely heaps of clubs are doing it.

Possibly, but I wonder if the AFL shouldn't dig a bit deeper at the Crows other big signings over the last couple of years?

I think a good look at the structure of Dangerfields last contract might be in order.
This would at least send a stronger message to all the clubs that the AFL are serious about things.

Topdog
01-12-2012, 10:13 AM
They did get off light, but to be fair the two incidents deal with totally different things and are hardly comparable, no matter how hypocritical the punishments may seem

True Rendell did nothing wrong at all and got sacked, the others broke the rules of the game, systematically cheated the system and got a slap on the wrist

LostDoggy
02-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Soft response from the AFL.

Ghost Dog
02-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Emma Quayle wrote an excellent article ' Stand by your scam'.

The key question:
Nobody has killed anyone here. But this deal was put in place three full years ago. No matter what has happened since, no matter whose idea it was and no matter how wildly the stories vary, it was put in writing, by Adelaide, in 2009. Why did it take so long, until everything was falling apart, for it to be admitted to?

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stand-by-your-scam-20121201-2aogx.html#ixzz2DqUjFzNW

The fact that the AFL asked the Crows to delete emails stinks to high heaven.

Remi Moses
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
It is.

True, they withdrew from this one.( funny how they already had Brad Crouch)
Should have been the next two and a bigger fine.

Throughandthrough
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Emma Quayle wrote an excellent article ' Stand by your scam'.

The key question:
Nobody has killed anyone here. But this deal was put in place three full years ago. No matter what has happened since, no matter whose idea it was and no matter how wildly the stories vary, it was put in writing, by Adelaide, in 2009. Why did it take so long, until everything was falling apart, for it to be admitted to?

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stand-by-your-scam-20121201-2aogx.html#ixzz2DqUjFzNW

The fact that the AFL asked the Crows to delete emails stinks to high heaven.

I read that as though fabulous Phil Harper asked for them to be deleted

LostDoggy
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd marry that woman. Best journalist in football. I've never read a bad article from her.

All Hail Queen Quayle!

KT31
04-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I'd marry that woman. Best journalist in football. I've never read a bad article from her.

All Hail Queen Quayle!

Certainly knows her stuff and was the most accurate in the Draft predictions by a mile, from memory had the first 15 going to the right club.

Eastdog
05-12-2012, 02:48 AM

All Hail Queen Quayle!

Agree. She is a very good footy journalist and get the facts right.

Throughandthrough
08-12-2012, 12:37 PM
The rumour mongers in radelaide are wondering whether trigg took th heat for the board, and that's why they didn't sack him.

KT31
09-12-2012, 02:15 AM
The rumour mongers in radelaide are wondering whether trigg took th heat for the board, and that's why they didn't sack him.

One way or another he and the board should have been given the ass.
They are all accountable and should be made accountable.

LostDoggy
10-12-2012, 10:04 AM
One way or another he and the board should have been given the ass.
They are all accountable and should be made accountable.

It's up to the Crows members to hold their board to account, isn't it?

Throughandthrough
10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
It's up to the Crows members to hold their board to account, isn't it?

The board members as a general rule arent voted on by the members for the Crows

#boysclub

bulldogtragic
11-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Well Tippett got his wish today, Trigg keeps his job. All seems to be playing out just fine for the guilty ones.

bulldogtragic
24-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Tippett's manager copped a twelve month ban from the AFLPA today. There endeth the saga.