PDA

View Full Version : The Saints never learn?

Dry Rot
18-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder about the wisdom of the bit in bold after recent history?

Meanwhile, the Saints will host their 2013 Australia Post Community Camp in Wellington, New Zealand, at the end of January.

They will visit local schools, nursing homes and hospitals, and will conduct training sessions and clinics over three days.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151267/default.aspx

LostDoggy
18-11-2012, 04:30 AM
No. Can't tar all players.

AndrewP6
18-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I agree with BAS, you can't say they are all bad seeds because of some.

LostDoggy
18-11-2012, 08:16 AM
All clubs need to do this to make sure the players are more grounded and to hopefully gain some new supporters.
I have a friend in Geelong who's daughter started supporting the Bulldogs based on her teacher barracking for the Dogs and a couple of our boys doing a clinic at the club. It really made an impression on her.
6 years later she still makes her father take her to see the Dogs as much as she can and he supports Essendon.

SonofScray
26-11-2012, 10:58 PM
St Kilda are a disgrace of an organisation. I genuinely hate them and what they represent. Lenny Hayes excepted.

DragzLS1
27-11-2012, 12:36 PM
All clubs need to do this to make sure the players are more grounded and to hopefully gain some new supporters.
I have a friend in Geelong who's daughter started supporting the Bulldogs based on her teacher barracking for the Dogs and a couple of our boys doing a clinic at the club. It really made an impression on her.
6 years later she still makes her father take her to see the Dogs as much as she can and he supports Essendon.

THIS ^^^

The dogs need to keep doing this if we are to survive..

Luke Dahlhaus is our best chance ;)

LostDoggy
27-11-2012, 04:17 PM
St Kilda are a disgrace of an organisation. I genuinely hate them and what they represent. Lenny Hayes excepted.

I hate them too. I hate just about every opposition club to a varying degree. Though I admit this might sound a bit strange, I don't tend to put players in the same boat as their club. In many cases, they don't pick their club, and there would be plenty of decent blokes amongst that cesspit who are probably really pissed with the few players who screw it up for the rest of them. It would be a very tight and uncomfortable position to be in, and not every player has trade options available to them.