PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mainwaring dead

LostDoggy
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
He was found dead this morning in his Perth home

The Coon Dog
01-10-2007, 01:19 PM
That's very tragic news Jerry. Thanks for letting us know. Obviously our thoughts are with Chris' family at this time.

Twodogs
01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Heart attack at 41. Gee that's young.

LostDoggy
01-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Heart attack at 41. Gee that's young.

Speculation is rife, how a fit 41 year old can die of a heart attack.

Twodogs
01-10-2007, 01:43 PM

It begs the question, doesnt it?

mjp
01-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Let it be rife and simply offer condolences.

Was a terrific player and a larger than life personality in WA - I know he has a relatively young family so tragic news.

The Coon Dog
01-10-2007, 01:46 PM
It's just tragic for his young family. Perhaps some good will come of it & one or two people out there sit up & take notice.

Twodogs
01-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Let it be rife and simply offer condolences.

Was a terrific player and a larger than life personality in WA - I know he has a relatively young family so tragic news.

Two kids. It's tragic for them and theyre the ones I really feel for.

Go_Dogs
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Shocking news, my thoughts too are with his family.

LostDoggy
01-10-2007, 04:11 PM
police called to his house late last night, after neighbours complained about him shouting. it looks like a drug overdose (allegedly)

Mantis
01-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Just a small piece taken from the Herald Sun website.

'Police and the St John Ambulance were called to Mainwaring's home in the beach suburb of Cottesloe following a neighbour's complaint that he was yelling in the street at 11.45pm last night.

When they arrived, he was calm and refused help from the ambulance officers who left him in a neighbour's care.

They were again called to Mainwaring's home at 12.30am where officers found him unconscious.

He was taken to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.'

hargs37
01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
A report on the ch Ten morning news reported' a drug related heart attack'. That is a quote and that is all i have to offer, other than feeling very sorry for his family and especially his children. Something stinks in WA footy circles!

Topdog
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Gotta fell sorry for the kids. Very strange circumstances leading up to his death.

Whilst he was yelling the in the streets where were his kids?

Twodogs
01-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Gotta fell sorry for the kids. Very strange circumstances leading up to his death.

Whilst he was yelling the in the streets where were his kids?

With his wife at their farm.

Topdog
01-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Any one know why? Family problems?

Sockeye Salmon
01-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Any one know why? Family problems?

School holidays?

westdog54
02-10-2007, 02:49 AM
Guys, lets not speculate on the reasons for this terrible tragedy. If the news sources report soemthing more then thats OK but at the moment we can't have any speculation.

This is spot on. There'll be plenty of time to figure out how this tragedy occured.

In the meantime, lets remember that an original West Coast player, 2 time premiership player, who is so respected that the AFL entrusted him as an AA selector, has been taken from his family before his time.

BulldogBelle
02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
This is very bad news.

Mainy was highly liked and respected in the West. Ha was just a likable guy, such a nice person.

There is not much doubt it was drugs though. Ben Cousins involved in a couple of mercy dashes according to the West Australian newspaper. Could be a dirty story unravelling here.

His young kids deserved better, they would have been so proud of their father's achievements.

It can happen to any of us ... even the good ones.

Sockeye Salmon
02-10-2007, 09:20 PM
This is very bad news.

Mainy was highly liked and respected in the West. Ha was just a likable guy, such a nice person.

There is not much doubt it was drugs though. Ben Cousins involved in a couple of mercy dashes according to the West Australian newspaper. Could be a dirty story unravelling here.

His young kids deserved better, they would have been so proud of their father's achievements.

It can happen to any of us ... even the good ones.

My boss was real sick earlier this year. He likes a beer (a lot) and drinks heaps of water the next morning to re-hydrate. He collapsed a few months ago and it was touch and go for a while. It turns out he had critically low sodium (salt) levels.

The booze was dehydrating him but because he was re-hydrating with water he was diluting his salt levels further. Over time he simply ran out of salt and collapsed.

I heard a report tonight that Mainwaring had a tough workout Sunday morning. If he was dehydrated or if he re-hydrated with plain water his salt levels would have been down as well. Apparently Ecstasy also dehydrates and drains salt.

Go_Dogs
03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Get on the Powerade!

Twodogs
03-10-2007, 10:03 AM
My boss was real sick earlier this year. He likes a beer (a lot) and drinks heaps of water the next morning to re-hydrate. He collapsed a few months ago and it was touch and go for a while. It turns out he had critically low sodium (salt) levels.

The booze was dehydrating him but because he was re-hydrating with water he was diluting his salt levels further. Over time he simply ran out of salt and collapsed.

I heard a report tonight that Mainwaring had a tough workout Sunday morning. If he was dehydrated or if he re-hydrated with plain water his salt levels would have been down as well. Apparently Ecstasy also dehydrates and drains salt.

Dunno about the salt thing but it's fairly common to drink to much water, because of dehydration, and basically drown your internal organs.

Topdog
03-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Sounds like he was going through a tough time personally.

Wish his family and kids all the best.

The Underdog
04-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Disappointed in the media, as seems to happen anytime something like this happens in footy these days. I feel terrible for his family, an awful way to lose a guy who was a fantastic footballer. Despite being from "over there" I used to enjoy watching the Weagles of the early 90's a great deal.