22-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Jackson Macrae

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/2012/draft/MACRAE-Jackson-2012.jpg

Greystache
22-11-2012, 08:26 PM
189cm,
76kg,
3/8/94

Macrae is a busy midfielder whose draft stocks have steadily risen this year. He booted six goals against Tasmania at Visy Park at the under-18s carnival and was a key member of the Chargers' TAC Cup-winning team. The left-footer starred with 44 touches in a representative schools match later in the season that is a key indicator for AFL recruiters each year. He finished equal-second in the goalkicking test at the combine.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Really like the looks of this one. Very skilled, and versatile.
Seems like a very level headed young man as well.
In the limited footage I've seen he reminds me a bit of Murph. Anyone who has seen more care to comment as whether this comparison is wide of the mark?

Remi Moses
22-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Great choice. Stocks really grew during the season.

Mofra
22-11-2012, 10:07 PM
I know people have said he play ike Pendles, but his highlights video looks to me like.... Bobby Murphy. Just can't tackle him and has that extra second to dispose of the ball.
Very happy with the pick.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I know people have said he play ike Pendles, but his highlights video looks to me like.... Bobby Murphy. Just can't tackle him and has that extra second to dispose of the ball.
Very happy with the pick.

That was my first impression too. Will be very happy if this is the case going forward.

Bulldog Revolution
22-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing Jackson get to work with the Dogs

Mofra
22-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Just on SEN - sounds like his voice hasn't broken yet.

Makes me feel old

Bulldog Revolution
22-11-2012, 10:25 PM

Makes me feel old

I never thought I'd get to quote the king of pop tonight, but here goes: "you are not alone"

The Bulldogs Bite
22-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Big fan of Macrae and have been for a while.

Very slight and will take a few years to develop, but such a smart footballer who uses the ball extremely well with his great vision and awesome sidestep.

LostDoggy
23-11-2012, 03:18 PM
The caricature cartoonists are going to love this bloke…

Murphy'sLore
23-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Love that cheeky grin!

Ozza
23-11-2012, 06:58 PM

Makes me feel old

Isn't it staggering! At 29 - I try to think of myself as still reasonably young - and these kids being drafted were born when I was finishing primary school.

Will be a sad day when all of the Bulldog players are younger than me (apologies to all the older heads on WOOF - its just an alarming wake up call!).

Hotdog60
23-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Isn't it staggering! At 29 - I try to think of myself as still reasonably young - and these kids being drafted were born when I was finishing primary school.

Will be a sad day when all of the Bulldog players are younger than me (apologies to all the older heads on WOOF - its just an alarming wake up call!).

When you were born I have been out off school for 5 years and working for 4.
Young Whippersnapper.:D

Go_Dogs
23-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Video of the last few minutes of the TAC GF which involves a bit of Jackson.

JyC4IA81m_Q

bulldogsman
23-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Video of the last few minutes of the TAC GF which involves a bit of Jackson.

JyC4IA81m_Q

You can watch the entire GF replay here.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3020-0-0-0&sID=128230

GVGjr
23-11-2012, 10:44 PM
He won't develop into a senior footballer quickly but he has the talent to become a good player.

Can you fast forward 12 months and picture him entering into his 2nd pre-season with another 8kg on him. I bet the coaches are keen to start working on him.
I wonder who his boxing partner in the training sessions might be?

divvydan
24-11-2012, 12:41 AM
You can watch the entire GF replay here.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3020-0-0-0&sID=128230

Thanks for the link bulldogsman. Ended up watching the whole game. Not sure I'd agree with Macrae winning the medal but he was certainly cleaner and more poised than most there.

His kicking needs work, especially 40+ metres. He tends to get under it a bit when trying for distance. What I really liked though was his ability to seem unfazed by pressure, his vision and he generally made good decisions with the ball (bar one noticeable error). These last two qualities mean that a lot of his kicks tend to be chip kicks into space for teammates which usually do a good job of opening up the play.

Noticed that he was tagged for most of the game by two different opponents (one first half, the other second half). Played on the wing and spent time deep forward when rotating and also late in the game when Jaksch moved into the ruck.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-11-2012, 10:50 PM
There's a good video of Macrae up on the website detailing his first few days at the club.

Worth a watch, there's some other good articles/videos too.

boydogs
29-11-2012, 11:55 PM
There's a good video of Macrae up on the website detailing his first few days at the club.

Worth a watch, there's some other good articles/videos too.

Yep must say the club has done well with coverage of the new draftees, Atherstone ads aside.

azabob
30-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Yep must say the club has done well with coverage of the new draftees, Atherstone ads aside.

Yes they are annoying, but the club is getting revenue for it.

Eastdog
30-11-2012, 08:12 AM

What exactly is Atherstone?

Bulldog Revolution
30-11-2012, 09:36 AM

The coverage has been sensational - we are all critical at times, so its fair we acknowledge how good their communication/pr has been over this period. The constant little snippets have been terrific for the hardcore addicts like us Woofers

Axe Man
30-11-2012, 11:20 AM

That happened to me when Barry Hall retired. I'm just glad that Dustin Fletcher and Brent Harvey are still running around!:o

Bulldog Joe
30-11-2012, 12:23 PM
That happened to me when Barry Hall retired. I'm just glad that Dustin Fletcher and Brent Harvey are still running around!:o

More like when Dempsey moved on for me.

Twodogs
30-11-2012, 12:34 PM

I was a couple of years older than that when Ricky Ponting played his first test match. I'm thinking that it might be time to let go of my dream of captaining Australia.:(

Ozza
30-11-2012, 12:35 PM

Yes - completely agree also. The Bulldogs TV videos are good. Found myself watching through about 10 or 12 of them last night. Good seeing the footage of Nick Lower training also - he looks in terrific nick.

Ozza
30-11-2012, 12:41 PM
What exactly is Atherstone?

Its a new residential development by Lend Lease. I think its in, or next to Caroline Springs. Same sort of concept of house and land packages.

wimberga
30-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Agree with the comments above regarding the clubs online content - this really has been ramped up this year and it is terrific to see. Being given insights into the new draftees and what's going on in the off-season builds a lot of excitement and its something that I believe we could have been doing better for a few years. There is of course a fine balance between building excitement and managing expectations, but at this time of year, its just awesome to be given new content from our favourite club each day.

Eastdog
30-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Its a new residential development by Lend Lease. I think its in, or next to Caroline Springs. Same sort of concept of house and land packages.

I see. So basically a new estate in one of Melbourne's growth areas.

boydogs
30-11-2012, 09:58 PM

I dunno, doesn't feel right that they make money out of advertising to paid members just eager to hear what is happening at the club.

The coverage has been sensational - we are all critical at times, so its fair we acknowledge how good their communication/pr has been over this period. The constant little snippets have been terrific for the hardcore addicts like us Woofers

Yes - completely agree also. The Bulldogs TV videos are good. Found myself watching through about 10 or 12 of them last night. Good seeing the footage of Nick Lower training also - he looks in terrific nick.

Yep I've been through and watched everything I could find :)

azabob
30-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I dunno, doesn't feel right that they make money out of advertising to paid members just eager to hear what is happening at the club.

)

How do you know only paid members view the website? Members of this very forum, the "diehard supporters" not all are paid up members.

The club needs to be more savvy in obtaining the sponsorship dollar and if it is a one minute clip on some housing estate so be it, better the dollar in our pocket than their pocket.

boydogs
30-11-2012, 11:14 PM
How do you know only paid members view the website? Members of this very forum, the "diehard supporters" not all are paid up members.

The club needs to be more savvy in obtaining the sponsorship dollar and if it is a one minute clip on some housing estate so be it, better the dollar in our pocket than their pocket.

Would you be happy if they started selling services to email or mail the member database with special offers? Ads in the Bulldog magazine? Phone calls from Bulldogs Friendly Businesses?

jeemak
30-11-2012, 11:40 PM

I never thought of it that way! I'm the same.

azabob
30-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Would you be happy if they started selling services to email or mail the member database with special offers? Ads in the Bulldog magazine? Phone calls from Bulldogs Friendly Businesses?

I think they are different to what the club have done.

In answer to your questions - selling personal information not sure they can legally do that and no I would not be happy, Ads in the Bulldog magazine I would have no issue with it and calls from Bulldog Friendly business I wouldn't be happy with.

boydogs
01-12-2012, 12:09 AM
I think they are different to what the club have done.

In answer to your questions - selling personal information not sure they can legally do that and no I would not be happy, Ads in the Bulldog magazine I would have no issue with it and calls from Bulldog Friendly business I wouldn't be happy with.

Yeah they are all different levels of invasion, but still the club making money out of selling members' time or details to advertisers. Doesn't really bother me that much, just saying.

On topic, anyone been down to training to see how Macrae is going? He's the one I'm most nervous about.

EasternWest
01-12-2012, 12:39 AM

What about the third party company that already rings every year to try to sell overpriced Bulldogs raffle tickets?

That makes me mad as hell.

Bulldog4life
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM

Give me names.:mad: