boydogs
22-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome Lachie :)

Bulldog Revolution
22-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Looks classy on the highlights tape, great left foot finisher

Mofra
22-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Mates with Hrovat too apparently, certainly helps.

Bulldog Revolution
22-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Mates with Hrovat too apparently, certainly helps.

Vicmetro teammates, doesn't help not to be mates with the skipper Hrovat

Mofra
22-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Vicmetro teammates, doesn't help not to be mates with the skipper Hrovat
Both trained with Boomer Harvey, not a bad influence to have

GVGjr
22-11-2012, 10:33 PM

It doesn't get a lot better.

azabob
23-11-2012, 07:11 AM
It doesn't get a lot better.

From a determination and work eithic, surely is a positive?

GVGjr
23-11-2012, 07:14 AM
From a determination and work eithic, surely is a positive?

Undersized players can look to what Harvey has achieved and realise that with hard work and the right attitude you can still become a great player in the AFL.

Bulldog Revolution
23-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Undersized players can look to what Harvey has achieved and realise that with hard work and the right attitude you can still become a great player in the AFL.

Absolutely, on size Harvey has no right to be an AFL player, but he plays incredibly well to his strengths, always on the move, great goal sense.

Mofra
23-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Absolutely, on size Harvey has no right to be an AFL player, but he plays incredibly well to his strengths, always on the move, great goal sense.
Intersting, as that is what Quigley noted about Hrovat - he does everything at pace and is always running to the right spots to receive.

Lachie (by media reports) had a list of things to work on at the start of 2012 and by all accounts worked hard on them all year, bodes well for his football attitude.

GVGjr
23-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Hunter performs next year. 12 months back I thought he was a well below average performer with some obvious flaws in his game but he now looks a much more rounded player and a steal for a pick 49 pick.

As Mofra said, he has worked hard on his game and he improvements are obvious. With some good coaching and development work available to him now I hope he continues to improve.

Bulldog Revolution
24-11-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Hunter performs next year. 12 months back I thought he was a well below average performer with some obvious flaws in his game but he now looks a much more rounded player and a steal for a pick 49 pick.

As Mofra said, he has worked hard on his game and he improvements are obvious. With some good coaching and development work available to him now I hope he continues to improve.

And was your feedback similar to the bulldogs coaching staff that his inside work needed to be better?

GVGjr
24-11-2012, 02:26 PM
And was your feedback similar to the bulldogs coaching staff that his inside work needed to be better?

My main complaint was his kicking and he looks more than OK now.

Throughandthrough
24-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Had a feeling we'd nail him:D

Oracle!

Greystache
24-11-2012, 07:02 PM
It's also worth noting that Lachie doesn't turn 18 until December 13, he's one of the youngest players in the draft pool. You would think he has quite a bit more maturing to do physically than some of the other draftees.

To put it into perspective he's only a few weeks older than Jack Martin who was taken in the mini draft.

boydogs
24-11-2012, 07:31 PM
It's also worth noting that Lachie doesn't turn 18 until December 13, he's one of the youngest players in the draft pool. You would think he has quite a bit more maturing to do physically than some of the other draftees.

To put it into perspective he's only a few weeks older than Jack Martin who was taken in the mini draft.

Good point, he has been in our psyche's for a while as a F/S but still has a lot of development left in him.

Twodogs
29-11-2012, 02:15 PM

Bloody good role model.

I can still remember Harvey getting carried off the ground unconscious a few years ago against us only to see him return and kick the sealer after running pretty much the full length of the ground dodging our players like they were training cones.

F'scary
29-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Bloody good role model.

I can still remember Harvey getting carried off the ground unconscious a few years ago against us only to see him return and kick the sealer after running pretty much the full length of the ground dodging our players like they were training cones.

In a couple of years, Stringer will run through opposition players like they are road cones!