PDA

View Full Version : Who will debut first? Who will feature most in 2013

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-11-2012, 09:50 PM
So who do we think will debut first amongst our picks? And who do you see as being ready to make the most impact in their first season?

From the looks I'd say Stringer has the ability to play now, and with our dearth of goalscoring options up forward, I see him having a position in our forward line if he can grab it.
Looks like he could take some pressure off Tory Dickson.

Macrae looks like he might need some time in the gym, and I don't know enough about the remaining picks to make a guess.

Remi Moses
22-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Just heard McCartney say he thinks Hrovat will debut next season,

josie
22-11-2012, 09:55 PM
BMac just interviewed on SEN and indicated Hrovat is the most likely of newbies to play in 2013

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-11-2012, 10:05 PM
BMac just interviewed on SEN and indicated Hrovat is the most likely of newbies to play in 2013

Did he indicate where he see's him playing? Whilst he may long term be in the midfield, right now we have alot of depth there. Could he play down back?

soupman
22-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Did he indicate where he see's him playing? Whilst he may long term be in the midfield, right now we have alot of depth there. Could he play down back?

Too short presumably. I could see him rotating through the middle.

chef
22-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Hunter should be able to slot into a forward pocket pretty early.

boydogs
23-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Fair chance they will all get a run at some stage given where we are at, but I'll go with Hrovat as well. Stringer is about as AFL ready as KPP's get fresh out of the draft, but the focus in year 1 would have to be getting him back to his best following his leg break

jeemak
23-11-2012, 01:37 AM
I think there's a spot for Hunter in a few games in a forward pocket.

Irrespective of who goes first, I think all draftees will get a chance if they stay injury free after a full preseason, and work their arses off. It's a perfect time to be a Bulldogs youngster, if you put your head down and perform at the lower level you're likely to get a chance.

Stringer's going to be a very interesting case. If he improves in leaps and bounds over the preseason then he'll get a chance, very early on.

Remi Moses
23-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Thing Like about Stringer is that he seems like he's going to bring some swagger into the club.
Macrae to me has tracked liked Ward did a few years ( ironic he's our Compo pick)he came with a huge rush. Character seems paramount now and ability secondary.
I think Garlett will get rookied.

EasternWest
23-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I think there's a spot for Hunter in a few games in a forward pocket.

Irrespective of who goes first, I think all draftees will get a chance if they stay injury free after a full preseason, and work their arses off. It's a perfect time to be a Bulldogs youngster, if you put your head down and perform at the lower level you're likely to get a chance.

Stringer's going to be a very interesting case. If he improves in leaps and bounds over the preseason then he'll get a chance, very early on.

I mostly agree with that except for maybe McCrae. He's skinny as can be, and might not quite be ready.

bulldogsman
23-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Hunter should be able to slot into a forward pocket pretty early.

I have my doubts. Struggled to keep up with the pace of the game in the U18's and needs to get stronger.

Stringer will need time to build his fitness levels which are pretty poor at the moment. Doubt he will play early, maybe 2nd half of the year.
Macrae will need time to bulk up, but I think he should still get games this year.
Prudden will need a couple years, a bit on the slight side.

Hrovat is the only one I think could play from round 1 out of our new draftees.

BornInDroopSt'54
23-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I have my doubts. Struggled to keep up with the pace of the game in the U18's and needs to get stronger.

Stringer will need time to build his fitness levels which are pretty poor at the moment. Doubt he will play early, maybe 2nd half of the year.
Macrae will need time to bulk up, but I think he should still get games this year.
Prudden will need a couple years, a bit on the slight side.

Hrovat is the only one I think could play from round 1 out of our new draftees.

Sounds right to me. We have time on our side and there's some good arguments for not playing these pups this year except to give them a taste. Hrovat ready to do his Sam Mitchell thing but McCartney said we'll take it easy with Stringer.
Time now wears the hooped red, white and blue.

F'scary
23-11-2012, 06:49 PM
If Hrovat is the only 1 ready to go from round 1, then Kobe "the Earthquake" Stevens and "Bluey" Young had better be ready to show their wares.

Hotdog60
23-11-2012, 07:42 PM
The best thing about this batch and the future kids will be they will develop within the team, being we will have a stand alone VFL side in 2014.

Mofra
23-11-2012, 08:12 PM
If Hrovat is the only 1 ready to go from round 1, then Kobe "the Earthquake" Stevens and "Bluey" Young had better be ready to show their wares.
I'd expect Stevens to play round 1, I think he brings alot to the table if he is actually over his OP.

Good luck to Young but I just don't see it yet.

Ghost Dog
23-11-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd expect Stringer to be eased into things and may not see him for a while.
But this coach is not afraid to throw kids into the deep end to see what they offer.
Expect Hvorat to have a dip early on. Christian Howard better lift his game a bit, or he might not have a spot soon!

Dazza
25-11-2012, 12:26 AM
If Hvorat plays round 1 I'm struggling to fit cross into the side.

AndrewP6
25-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Hrovat might be he new Ryan "Griffin" or "Hargreaves" :D

boydogs
25-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Hrovat might be he new Ryan "Griffin" or "Hargreaves" :D

More like the new DJ ;)

AndrewP6
25-11-2012, 01:20 AM
More like the new DJ ;)

You mean Djerruka...Dijerrka....:D

immortalmike
25-11-2012, 01:26 AM
If Hvorat plays round 1 I'm struggling to fit cross into the side.

Try harder because he'll be one of the first picked by the match comittee.

boydogs
25-11-2012, 02:53 AM
You mean Djerruka...Dijerrka....:D

God help us if we picked Vlastuin :D