PDA

View Full Version : Jake Stringer - New Dog home and hosed

The Coon Dog
28-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Jon Pierek - The Age - 28 Nov

http://images.theage.com.au/2012/11/27/3833600/art-svSTRINGER-420x0.jpg

WHILE Jake Stringer could still be excused for being caught up in the whirlwind of becoming the Western Bulldogs' top draft pick, it is clear the young lad from Bendigo is a composed character.

Indeed, the Whitten Oval became his desired home last summer when, while training at the ground as part of the AFL-AIS squad, the forward-midfielder became friendly with a couple of fresh Bulldog faces.

''My preference was the Bulldogs,'' Stringer said on Tuesday, recalling his thoughts as names were read out during last week's draft.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/new-dog-home-and-hosed-20121127-2a5px.html)

LostDoggy
28-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I doubt a player would ever say, “My preference was Richmond” but I tend to believe him, and glad he wants to be here.

LostDoggy
28-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I really like this kid and I just hope fans have enough sense to grant him some patience because I think he will repay the faith.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-11-2012, 12:24 PM
He really does have an impressive character, particularly for somebody very young who isn't yet a matured and professional athlete.

You can see how he tends to 'drag players with him' -- he has that Luke Hodge/Barry Hall type leadership.

The Underdog
28-11-2012, 12:44 PM
He really does have an impressive character, particularly for somebody very young who isn't yet a matured and professional athlete.

You can see how he tends to 'drag players with him' -- he has that Luke Hodge/Barry Hall type leadership.

The same's been said of Hrovat, both are particularly impressive in their presentation. Stringer definitely carries himself in that Hodge mould. Not something we've had in abundance.

KT31
28-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Very impressive young man, glad he is in the Doggies colours.
Is it just me or have the media taken a shine and seem drawn to him.
I don't ever remember so many articles about a Doggies recruit, good sign already.

LostDoggy
28-11-2012, 01:08 PM
The same's been said of Hrovat, both are particularly impressive in their presentation. Stringer definitely carries himself in that Hodge mould. Not something we've had in abundance.

Mitch Wallis :)

azabob
28-11-2012, 01:12 PM

Mitch Wallis :)

As Underdog said, something we don't have in abundance.

boydogs
28-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Good article, thanks TCD :)

Remi Moses
28-11-2012, 05:23 PM
He'll play a few more games than people think.

Mitcha
28-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Once again, poor journalism, could have sworn Gilbs played 200 games and not 161 as mentioned in article. Stringer is a monster and should do well for us.

EasternWest
28-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Once again, poor journalism, could have sworn Gilbs played 200 games and not 161 as mentioned in article. Stringer is a monster and should do well for us.

Yeah, what the hell? It's hardly like that is difficult info to find out.

AndrewP6
28-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Stringer sounds like a good lad.

boydogs
28-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Stringer sounds like a good lad.

He does, doesn't he. Has that quiet determination about him like Boyd, Cross & Morris, you know nothing will stop him but he doesn't need to tell the world about it.

Bulldog Revolution
29-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah, what the hell? It's hardly like that is difficult info to find out.

I also thought that was poor

You'd think they could be accurate on that stuff

LostDoggy
29-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I also thought that was poor

You'd think they could be accurate on that stuff

It'd be a tough gig as a footy journo, trying to run down every single fact, especially when you have to spend half your day trawling Big Footy.

EasternWest
29-11-2012, 02:48 PM
It'd be a tough gig as a footy journo, trying to run down every single fact, especially when you have to spend half your day trawling Big Footy.

I hope this is sarcasm. It can be so hard to tell.

hujsh
29-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I hope this is sarcasm. It can be so hard to tell.

I think the mention of bigfooty alone is enough to indicate sarcasm.

soupman
29-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Once again, poor journalism, could have sworn Gilbs played 200 games and not 161 as mentioned in article.

Ridiculously pathetic.

A 20 second trip to the Western Bulldogs page shows me Gilbee played 206 games, and the only player to have played the 161 games mentioned on the website is Ben Harrison.

LostDoggy
29-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I think the mention of bigfooty alone is enough to indicate sarcasm.

Sarcasm confirmed.

Dry Rot
30-11-2012, 12:54 AM

Agreed. I can't recall being as excited about a new draftee.

He seems a bit different to McMahon, Power and Everitt. ;)

Remi Moses
30-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Heard Aussie Jones on SEN tonight.
Heaped mighty praise on Jake, saying everything that has been mentioned.
Asked if it was a "risk" to recruit Jake, he said it was a risk not to recruit him.
Very nice words

DragzLS1
30-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Heard Aussie Jones on SEN tonight.
Heaped mighty praise on Jake, saying everything that has been mentioned.
Asked if it was a "risk" to recruit Jake, he said it was a risk not to recruit him.
Very nice words

Haha seems like a very good pick up to me. I dont know is it just me or is everybody even more excited about seeing this batch of new draftees play then I was 2 years ago..? Cant wait for this season to start!