PDA

View Full Version : 8 things I would like to see in 2013

angelopetraglia
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
8 things I would like to see next year

1. Libba to get his life back on track
We were all shocked when we heard that Libba was found in a confused state and in possession of an illicit substance. In following days it was reported that those who were really close to Libba were not shocked and that he had been living on the edge for a while. I really hope that incident was a wakeup call for young Libba and that he sorts himself out, lives clean and continues to get his hands on the footy on a regular basis.

2. Cooney to regain some of his old form
I’m praying that miracles do happen and that the German doctor’s magic potion works. At his best Cooney was and out and out excitement machine with the rare ability of having a tough inside game and the ability to break packs open with blistering outside speed. How we miss the old Adam Cooney :(

3. Tom Williams to play every game
I thought that Tom Williams was starting to deliver on his potential in 2011. In a terrible year for the Dogs he was a shining star. Any chance at all that Tom’s body can allow him to play 22 games in 2013? You just get the feeling that if his body stands up to the rigours of a full season that he is ready to explode.

4. A marking forward to stand up
We have some potential forward talent on our list. We have seen some glimpses. We have been teased. We need one of these guys to stand up and deliver on some of their God given talent and start plucking a few big marks in our forward 50. Yes that’s you I’m talking to Acye Cordy, Jarrad Grant, Jordan Roughead and especially you Liam Jones.

5. Griffo to dominate
He won a B&F in 2010. He finished 2nd in the B&F in 2012. He has stood up in big finals. His best is scintillating but he needs to bring it every week for four quarters. We all know Griffo has the ability to stamp himself as an absolute elite player of this competition. I want to hear his name be mentioned in the same breath as Ablett, Judd, Watson, Cotchin and be in contention for All Australian in 2013.

6. Run games out
Our record in the 2nd half of games last year was disgraceful. We were basically non-competitive for large stretches in the 2nd half after being in the game in the first half. It was demoralising for our supporter base. Multiple excuses were thrown up by Macca, but we just want it fixed. We don’t expect to win every week, but we do demand that we have a fair dinkum crack for four quarters, not only one or two.

7. One of our young draftees to show something special
The really great players often show something special early and have the ability to contribute (i.e. C. Judd, J. Selwood, T.Cotchin). I’m hoping that one of our talented young draftees shows some special talent early, something to excite the supporters, something to make the Western Bulldogs get noticed. We need it.

8. From good to great, Luke Dalhaus
For the last two years he has been one of the rare reasons to get along and watch the Western Bulldogs. The Doll House with his passion, desperation, tenacity and the ability to do some special to influence a game impressed us all. He is one of the new fresh faces of the clubs marketing efforts. Hopefully he can improve his fitness, play larger chunks of time in the midfield and continue to terrorise defenders in our forward 50m.

Maddog37
01-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Cooney Brownlow.

Griff tied for Brownlow.

Morris back and killing it.

Stringer to be a star out of the gates.

Higgins to become what he has promised.

Our whole team playing like a pack of nasty bastards.

Macrae being able to dance around blokes in the AFL like he did in juniors.

Murph play forward and have a great year being all Aussie again.

mjp
01-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Some kind of structured ball movement.
A team that seems to be looking to score.
3 goals per quarter (average).

I actually just want to be entertained.

AndrewP6
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I'd simply like to go to the footy, and not want to leave at quarter time.
Thank you Santa...

DOG GOD
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
A game plan that we can see what the MC is trying to do
A fwd line that looks somewhat structured
2-3 second year players to have break out years
4 qtr performances

And tigers to finish 9th :)

Remi Moses
02-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Like better ball movement.
More competitive for longer periods.
Better forward structure.
No large amount of goals consecutively against us.
Better team defense.
Play with more flair and risk
Injection of exciting young players( I don't expect our young draftees to make a difference)
Adam Cooney to excite the masses again
Hopefully being able to say "I didn't see player x improving so rapidly".

We have 26 players off the list since 2010!

bornadog
02-12-2012, 03:20 AM
1. Competitive team that plays four quarters

2. Kicking to a leading foward and hitting them on the chest

3. Structure down the spine

4. No one sided games (unless we are winning:))

5. Adam COOOOOOOONEY

6. Taking the next step in their football development - Libba, Wallis, Roughead, Dahl, Jones

7. Griffo with a Brownlow round his neck

8. Players stepping up into Murphy, Cross, Boyd and Gia's roles

Ghost Dog
02-12-2012, 11:02 AM
1. Either Cordy or Jones starting to master their spot.
2.Liam Picken moved from a purely tagging role.
3. Brian Lake to be moved forward....oh...dang... Bob Murphy to be moved forward
4. No off field incidents
5. Boyd to continue to improve his disposal under pressure.
6. Morris - Tom - Coons to be rewarded for rehab work with a clean season
7. Club posts a profit
8. Better support from supporters.

Remi Moses
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Heard number 3 on your list missed a few team meetings.
Talk about run your own show

Ghost Dog
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Heard number 3 on your list missed a few team meetings.
Talk about run your own show

Did he? Well Alistair Clarkson is known to be a kind and gentle soul :D. Am sure Brian will be effectively 'counselled'.

SonofScray
02-12-2012, 09:28 PM
1. Opposition players' blood spilt.
2. Goals. In every quarter.
3. A genuine gun player performing at that standard in red, white and blue.
4. 1st year player making an impact by Rd 11.
5. 2nd year player earning a regular senior gig.
6. 45 goals from a fwd.
7. 25 goals from 2 mids
8. 5 MOTY & GOTY nominations.

LostDoggy
02-12-2012, 09:46 PM
I just want to see one thing: enough of an improvement that we go into 2014 a good chance for finals.

josie
02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Great thread !!

I'd love to see our forwards kick straighter at goals
Kicking disposal efficiency to improve all over the ground
Stringer & Hrovat & Hunter & other young 'uns to debut and give us hope for the future
Be competitive for more than a Quarter
Cooney to be back at his best for and play most matches - ditto Williams
Grant to show he has a ticker
Higgins to bring all that potential to fruition including winning more one on ones
Cause a few upsets - including kicking a bag of goals against Hawthorn & Lakey

F'scary
02-12-2012, 11:12 PM
1. Forwards

“The Jones Boy” to hold down CHF & improve accuracy when kicking for goal
“Skinny” Grant to play as leading 3rd tall & improve accuracy for goal
The “Ace in the Pack” to start taking pack (contested) marks and improve accuracy for goal.
All of the above to free Williams to return to CHB
“Professor” Higgins to be permanent FP
“Red Bob” Murphy to play permanent HFF.

2. On-ballers

The “Coon Dog” to have a big injury free season
Clay “Pigeon” Smith to play 22 games.
"Big Will" keeps on keeping on like 2012

3. Backs

Easton Wood to play like 2011 not 2012
Williams to CHB
Roughead makes it as FB
“DFA” plays as backman
Dale “The Strangler” Morris fit again and playing from Rnd 1

4. Imports with senior experience.

Imports with senior experience to claim a worthy spot in the team from early in the season: Kobe “the Earthquake” Stevens, “Bluey” Young, Nick “Cruel to be Kind” Lower (assumption made about PSD here).

5. More spread when we get possession

6. More leading & marks taken by leading players

7. Elimination of kicking backwards except when the play is successfully switched to the other side of the ground for attacking purposes.

8. Continued cracking in, just not all players at once.

Ghost Dog
02-12-2012, 11:30 PM
lol Kobe ' the earthquake '.....

F'scary
03-12-2012, 11:28 AM

If he is Kobe "The Earthquake," maybe his good mate Clay Smith should be called "Fukushima." Afterall, in 2013 he will send opposition sides into meltdown...

EasternWest
03-12-2012, 11:34 AM
4. Imports with senior experience.

Imports with senior experience to claim a worthy spot in the team from early in the season: Kobe “the Earthquake” Stevens, “Bluey” Young, Nick “Cruel to be Kind” Lower (assumption made about PSD here).

If he is Kobe "The Earthquake," maybe his good mate Clay Smith should be called "Fukushima." Afterall, in 2013 he will send opposition sides into meltdown...

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2008/06/09/2004467805.jpg

Who the hell are the Western Bulldogs?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=AndrewP6;303024]I'd simply like to go to the footy, and not want to leave at quarter time.
Amen

Happy Days
07-12-2012, 11:20 PM

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2008/06/09/2004467805.jpg

Who the hell are the Western Bulldogs?

We could start calling him the tanned mamba

boydogs
07-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Has to be a big year from the kids, from Prudden to Higgins. Need more of them than not to improve and contribute heavily at AFL level.

The class of 99 is all but gone, and Boyd, Cross, Gia, Murphy & Morris won't be contributing like they used to and will be gone sooner than later.

angelopetraglia
11-12-2012, 02:14 PM
A 9th thing added to the list.

9. Brett Goodes to play like Adam Goodes

Brett Goodes to somehow magically transfer some of his brothers ability and make a James Podsiadly like contribution next year .....