PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Bulldogs Nick Lower!

wimberga
03-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Reported that we have just signed Lower as a free agent!

wimberga
03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Read it on Facebook from one of the off season pages - will post official story once one goes up.

wimberga
03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/152030/default.aspx

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have signed former Port Adelaide and Fremantle midfielder Nick Lower.

The 25-year-old, who was delisted by Freo last month, has joined the Bulldogs as a free agent.

Watch Nick Lower speak exclusively to BulldogsTV on the media player above about his signing with the club.

"I'm really over the moon. I couldn't be happier," he told westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday afternoon.

"I really was pretty unsure with what would happen in the future, but I couldn't be happier to have landed at the Western Bulldogs."

Lower played 20 games, mainly as a defender, for Port Adelaide from 2006-09 and made 22 appearances for Fremantle in 2011 and 2012.

He enjoyed a stellar season in 2011, playing 19 games in the midfield and ranking second at Freo for tackles and fourth for contested possessions.

But fitness and form issues restricted his output this year.

Lower didn't play his first AFL game until round 13, although he did make an impressive return by gathering 30 possessions against Essendon.

He lined up against Collingwood the week after and picked up 20 touches, then racked up another 21 disposals and a goal in Freo's easy win over the Bulldogs in round 15.

However, he missed Fremantle's round 16 match against Melbourne and was unable to break back into the team during the closing stages of the season.

After being axed by Freo he accepted an invitation to train with the Bulldogs and started his time at the club last week.

"Second chances don't come around often and third chances are even a slimmer chance," Lower said.

"It's been a bit of a difficult period after getting delisted over the last couple of weeks … but I'm really excited.

"There's a great group of young talent here, as well as some top-echelon players among the old boys, so I'm just looking forward to getting amongst them and getting to know the boys a bit better."

The Pie Man
03-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Ok, the Prismall PSD story isn't so bad now - have a feeling Lower will be a good mid age get (which is clearly why Prismall also appeals)

Nicely done, and best of luck Nick

Bulldog4life
03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Good. Happy with this. I've seen him play some very good games.

bulldogtragic
03-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Very happy. Welcome aboard!

Hope Freo live to regret delisting him.

LostDoggy
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Great that we made decision

( I posted the question in the other thread but moved it here )

Has Lower got the tank and mongrel to play a Tagging role so we can release Picko to play other positions ?

boydogs
03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Good pickup, well done Dogs.

boydogs
03-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Has Lower got the tank and mongrel to play a Tagging role so we can release Picko to play other positions?

He was a tagger at Port, but I reckon we leave Picken where he does his best work

dogman
03-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes, tank and mongrel but I don't think the speed.

azabob
03-12-2012, 08:30 PM
They have a quick 4 min interview of him on the website talking about the signing. He speaks quite well and seems a likeable kind of guy.

Doesn't care where he plays, just wants to play.

He has a good size about him also.

Good luck Nick.

Maddog37
03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Happy with this. He seems a good fella and can find the ball.

bulldogtragic
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
They have a quick 4 min interview of him on the website talking about the signing. He speaks quite well and seems a likeable kind of guy.

Doesn't care where he plays, just wants to play.

He has a good size about him also.

Good luck Nick.
Good interview, seems like a good get in many aspects.

Throughandthrough
03-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Showed great skills in the SANFL. Classy player. Good get.

GVGjr
03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Except for losing Lake haven't we been good through the trade period, draft and now the pre-season draft?

Jason McCartney and his team deserve a slap on the back.

Bulldog Revolution
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Good size, ready made player who does the hard stuff but uses it reasonably well also

Welcome Nick, hope you have many career years in the glorious red, white and blue

Maddog37
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Except for losing Lake haven't we been good through the trade period, draft and now the pre-season draft?

Isn't it a bit early for that call? I hear what you are saying but until they get a kick it is hard to tell.......

GVGjr
03-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Isn't it a bit early for that call? I hear what you are saying but until they get a kick it is hard to tell.......

If a plan is well thought out and executed well I think we can call it early. Can you not see an improvement between this end of season and some previous ones?

I don't expect us to be a contender next season but I think we are certainly doing things the right way.

Dry Rot
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Didn't Lower flatten Daisy Thomas after he smashed a Freo player?

Good get I say.

Time for some pay back.

azabob
03-12-2012, 10:29 PM
If a plan is well thought out and executed well I think we can call it early. Can you not see an improvement between this end of season and some previous ones?

I don't expect us to be a contender next season but I think we are certainly doing things the right way.

I certainly can. It appears we have had a plan how we were looking at the trade, draft and free agency period. As time goes on, Jason McCartney and co will get better at this stuff again.

I certainly can see Stevens, Lower and even Prismall (if recruited) helping on field in the short term (next 1-3 years).

Hopefully we can start seeing improvement on-field as well.

Maddog37
03-12-2012, 10:35 PM

I am very happy with what we have done but still feel we could quite easily have had Dawes and were only saved by Melbourne and we missed on Jack Martin......

GVGjr
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I am very happy with what we have done but still feel we could quite easily have had Dawes and were only saved by Melbourne and we missed on Jack Martin......

So did you want us to offer more than what we did for both Dawes and Martin?

From my perspective we had a dip but we didn't go overboard.
I'd expect nothing less from our list manager.

F'scary
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM

Good get I say.

Time for some pay back.

That might be why he is known as Nick "Cruel to be Kind" Lower. Sounds logical to me. He is cruel to opposition players to be kind to his squadron members.

He has size (1.89m & 88kg) & experience but is still relatively young (he turns 26 mid season 2013).

boydogs
03-12-2012, 10:58 PM

I won't turn this thread into a Lake fight, suffice to say I think that was a good decision as well. Very happy.

Maddog37
03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
So did you want us to offer more than what we did for both Dawes and Martin?

From my perspective we had a dip but we didn't go overboard.
I'd expect nothing less from our list manager.

No I meant we were saved from Dawes by Melbourne..

Really though I am happy and excited by the recruits but they all look shiny and wonderful in the preseason is all I am saying.

jeemak
04-12-2012, 12:43 AM
No I meant we were saved from Dawes by Melbourne..

Really though I am happy and excited by the recruits but they all look shiny and wonderful in the preseason is all I am saying.

I think there's a chance none of Cordy, Grant or Jones will be the player Dawes might turn out to be. Though, I do think they each have the capacity to improve more than he does. Right now however, Dawes would easily be our best option up forward to hold down a key position.

As for the rest of your summation, I agree wholeheartedly. We're clearly building midfield contingencies in to our list to cover the slowing down of Cross and Boyd, as well as adding insurance for players like Stevens, Wallis and Liberatore either breaking down with injury, being lurred elsewhere or suffering from a loss of form. Lower and Prismal seem the perfect players for this, considering who's now available.

As an aside, I don't see the benefit in taking Picken out of the shut down role he's become so proficient at. Part of it is I don't think he's going to be as valuable in a non-negating role, but that's mainly because he's so bloody good at it.

KT31
04-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Good get and hope Freo live to regret his delisting.
Down to Prismall or Bate for the last spot on the list.

Sedat
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Good get. Lower will add flexibility in an area that we need it. Was very impressed with his 2011 season and I think he will thrive under the BMac mantra.

boydogs
04-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Good get and hope Freo live to regret his delisting.
Down to Prismall or Bate for the last spot on the list.

I like how we've got them all down at the club fighting each other for it.

Sedat
04-12-2012, 01:23 AM
I remember the 1997 pre-season when Dean McCrae and Paul Dimmatina were invited to train at the club and fight it out for the last spot on the list - they nearly killed each other.

G-Mo77
04-12-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm really happy about this signing. With all the Prismall talk I thought we'd lose him because unbeknown to me I thought the signing period was over. I think he's a good get for us, should slot straight into the team.

jeemak
04-12-2012, 02:16 AM
I'm really happy about this signing. With all the Prismall talk I thought we'd lose him because unbeknown to me I thought the signing period was over. I think he's a good get for us, should slot straight into the team.

Potentially, though if nothing else he'll put a lot of guys who might be vying for a spot in the midfield under selection pressure which is what good teams have the benefit of.

If we do in fact sign Prismal, and he stays fit he'll do the same.

chef
04-12-2012, 08:08 AM

I thought we did well out of the Lake trade as well. Impressive off season so far doggies, very happy and slightly optimistic about 2013:)

always right
04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Lower's signing excites me not so much for what he brings to the team, but for its potential to give us greater flexibility with Picken. I expect Picken will still be our number one tagger but this will allow us to play him in more attacking roles from time to time. He could be a very effective forward having stints in the middle.

KT31
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Agree, great to have competition for spots on our list.
Any sign of complacency and that could be your last chance.

Your not on your Pat Malone here.

KT31
04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
I thought we did well out of the Lake trade as well. Impressive off season so far doggies, very happy and slightly optimistic about 2013:)

Whilst being realistic and not expecting finals, we still way to go, but we certainly seem to have recruited players with the right attitude.

Bring on the 2013 season.

Mofra
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I like him already.

Nothing I hate more than a Bulldog player cop a hit and nobody fly the flag for him.

LostDoggy
04-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Will Nick be our best Freo signing yet?

Ozza
04-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Who is he competing with?

Daniel Bandy
Stephen Koops
Andrew Wills
Brad Wira

Any others?

We got some ok service from Brad Wira...so he'd be in front.

The Pie Man
04-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Daniel Bandy
Stephen Koops
Andrew Wills
Brad Wira

Any others?

Bandy's fist season was great for us - I'd have him in front based on that alone.

Topdog
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Fantastic news IMO

Cyberdoggie
04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Lower's signing excites me not so much for what he brings to the team, but for its potential to give us greater flexibility with Picken. I expect Picken will still be our number one tagger but this will allow us to play him in more attacking roles from time to time. He could be a very effective forward having stints in the middle.

I agree with this, gives us another option at least.

Picken has actually shown a little bit when the ball is his objective.
I'm keen to see him develop more as a player and not be pigeon holed into just a tagger.

LostDoggy
04-12-2012, 12:40 PM

Daniel Bandy
Stephen Koops
Andrew Wills
Brad Wira

Any others?

Kingsley Hunter.

Mofra
04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Didn't Wira get traded to, not from, Freo?

LostDoggy
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Daniel Bandy
Stephen Koops
Andrew Wills
Brad Wira

Any others?

Both, one game in first year, then we traded back in 99 i think.

Ozza
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Both, one game in first year, then we traded back in 99 i think.

Correct.

Wira's last game for us was in the 98' prelim final. Then shipped back to Freo. Not sure who or what we got for him.

Axe Man
04-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Correct.

Wira's last game for us was in the 98' prelim final. Then shipped back to Freo. Not sure who or what we got for him.

Swapped for Kingsley Hunter.

GVGjr
04-12-2012, 07:38 PM

We got Wira and Reimers for pick 13 in the draft from Adelaide. Wira got traded to Fremantle and I think we got Kingsley Hunter in exchange.

ReLoad
05-12-2012, 12:46 AM
I think "Squirrel" Wira is out in front out of that motley crew.

MrMahatma
05-12-2012, 01:03 AM
I think "Squirrel" Wira is out in front out of that motley crew.
Hunter kicked a ripper goal almost running the length of the field didn't he?

Dry Rot
05-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Early this century, our talls included Hunter, Twodogs' favourite Ben Harrison, Cox and the incomparable Trent Bartlett.

Buggered if I know why we didn't snare a flag then.

bornadog
05-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Early this century, our talls included Hunter, Twodogs' favourite Ben Harrison, Cox and the incomparable Trent Bartlett.

Those guys were not A graders, they were basically average battlers.

Drunken Bum
05-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Those guys were not A graders, they were basically average battlers.

Sarcasm detector malfunction? :)

Topdog
05-12-2012, 06:27 AM

either that or Dry Rot is very very drunk

bornadog
05-12-2012, 07:31 AM

yeah missed that one:p

ReLoad
05-12-2012, 08:17 AM

I remember Bartlett doing that, not sure about Hunter, If he did then squirrel gets relegated.

Sedat
05-12-2012, 08:26 AM
He sure did. It was against Brisbane at Etihad - actually it was the first ever AFL game to be played under a closed roof. Brisbane hammered us but Hunter kicked a bag that night, including the almost coast-to-coast ripper that MrMahatma is referring to.

Dry Rot forgot to mention our other key forward saviour from the early 00's, Nathan Saunders. He was so short-lived he still hasn't used up all of his Andy Warhol allocated 15 minutes.

Bulldog Revolution
05-12-2012, 09:22 AM
We got Wira and Reimers for pick 13 in the draft from Adelaide. Wira got traded to Fremantle and I think we got Kingsley Hunter in exchange.

I thought we got draft picks, one of which was the one that nabbed us Mark Alvey

whythelongface
05-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Dry Rot forgot to mention our other key forward saviour from the early 00's, Nathan Saunders. He was so short-lived he still hasn't used up all of his Andy Warhol allocated 15 minutes.

Yes I remember Saunders. Did he not kick three goals for us in one game? I thought he played with us around the "Cheap as Chips" era.

As for Lower, from what I've read and the very little footage that I have seen of him he seems like a decent player who may well find his feet at the kennel. As posters have stated his acquisition creates more competition amongst our midfield, which can only be a good thing. Pleased to have him on board.

Axe Man
05-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I thought we got draft picks, one of which was the one that nabbed us Mark Alvey

Alvey was drafted in the 1997 draft, Wira was traded at the end of 1998 for Hunter.

Speaking of the 1997 draft, what an unmitigated disaster it was. Across the national, pre-season and rookie drafts we picked up:

Mark Alvey
Robert Stevenson
Anthony Aloi
Paul Digiovine
Scott Taylor
Lincoln Reynolds
Shaun Tinsley

Only Alvey managed a senior game.:eek:

stefoid
05-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Alvey was drafted in the 1997 draft, Wira was traded at the end of 1998 for Hunter.

Speaking of the 1997 draft, what an unmitigated disaster it was. Across the national, pre-season and rookie drafts we picked up:

Mark Alvey
Robert Stevenson
Anthony Aloi
Paul Digiovine
Scott Taylor
Lincoln Reynolds
Shaun Tinsley

Yeah thats impressive. Throwing darts probably would have been more successful - it takes a concerted effort not to pick up a single player.

LostDoggy
05-12-2012, 02:46 PM

Mark Alvey
Robert Stevenson
Anthony Aloi
Paul Digiovine
Scott Taylor
Lincoln Reynolds
Shaun Tinsley

Can say there is a noticeable drop only a few seasons after our decent end to the 90's, when these players would ahve been core experienced members. (2000 = 7th, 2001 = 10th, 2002 = 12th, 2003 = 16th, 2004 = 14th).

Who was head recruiter back then? I think Clayton came a few years after?

1998 wasn't much better. Thank God for 1999.

KT31
05-12-2012, 03:41 PM

Mark Alvey
Robert Stevenson
Anthony Aloi
Paul Digiovine
Scott Taylor
Lincoln Reynolds
Shaun Tinsley

I know it won't alter the arguement but Scott Taylor did manage a senior game only to break his toe.

Axe Man
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I know it won't alter the arguement but Scott Taylor did manage a senior game only to break his toe.

Right you are. However that game was in 1996, after he was re-drafted in the 1997 draft he didn't manage another.

GVGjr
08-12-2012, 09:42 AM
How much of an impact is Nick Lower likely to make next season for us?
He's a good size, tough and versatile enough to play in a few positions and I'm just wondering what the club and coach have in mind for him?

I think he will mainly play off half back (and this may help facilitate the move of Murphy to the forward line) but is he the type of player that will make a difference for us?

We needed a couple of physically mature, but still young enough, players to add some depth to the list so I'm really hoping that Lower and Stevens can step in and help the club next year.

Bulldog Revolution
08-12-2012, 10:06 AM

Mark Alvey
Robert Stevenson
Anthony Aloi
Paul Digiovine
Scott Taylor
Lincoln Reynolds
Shaun Tinsley

Cheers Axeman, that was a Mark Kleiman draft and I remember he went on about how Aloi, Digovine and another had won their TAC clubs B&F

I guess there were some unfortunate circumstances. Tinsleys trajectory was obviously destroyed. Taylor was an exciting talent who struggled with back injuries. Reynolds was a talent who was poached off us.

But thats not to say that Alvey, Stevenson, or Aloi yielded much

azabob
08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Cheers Axeman, that was a Mark Kleiman draft and I remember he went on about how Aloi, Digovine and another had won their TAC clubs B&F

I guess there were some unfortunate circumstances. Tinsleys trajectory was obviously destroyed. Taylor was an exciting talent who struggled with back injuries. Reynolds was a talent who was poached off us.

But thats not to say that Alvey, Stevenson, or Aloi yielded much

Who poached Reynolds?

chef
08-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Who poached Reynolds?

North.

Ghost Dog
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Lower played 20 games for the Power but always one of the first players to be dropped and never established a home in the side. - The Australian ( 2010 )

Curious as to what happened to him during his time with Port
Was the Power's first pick in the 2005 draft.

Some snippets from Big Footy about this player

i"n retrospect, he's pretty much sacrificed his season when he took out daisy thomas after thomas's sniping hit on ibbotson in round 23 of last year. not sure it was worth it but you have to admire a bloke who stands up for his mates on the field."

From Norwood FC:
2010 was a great year for Nick as he further established himself as one of the truly elite players of the competition. His consistency from week to week was perhaps his biggest strength as he amassed in excess of 500 possessions, second in the league. He is as versatile a player as you will find, exceptionally strong overhead, and his passion for the NFC is evident every time he takes to the field.

Shoulder Reco in 2009

Twodogs
08-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Dont forget how much the trainers loved big Ben too. I sat with the trainers one day and even they were bagging him!

He did leave us with the great nickname of arseclown though.

azabob
08-12-2012, 01:44 PM
North.

Wasn't that Keenan, not Lincoln?

Remi Moses
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Remember bagging Ben up in Canberra in 04( the famous win )
One of David Smorgon's sons got into me about bagging him.
The funny thing was when I asked him if he thought Harrison was any good the reply was "No":eek: Keenan Reynolds was a bust at Norf, think Pagan thought he was KP size. Keema had a few good finals for us.

chef
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Yeah, my bad.

jeemak
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Lincoln ended up playing at Old Trinity in the ammos after leaving the Bulldogs.

All I remembered of him from the Dog's reserves games was his want to fight people. He wasn't so bad when I played against him after that, though he was a pretty big unit and most left him alone!

KT31
09-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Lincoln ended up playing at Old Trinity in the ammos after leaving the Bulldogs.

All I remembered of him from the Dog's reserves games was his want to fight people. He wasn't so bad when I played against him after that, though he was a pretty big unit and most left him alone!

Qiite possible if he had shown as much agression in the seniors he may have had a more succesful career.

Bulldog Revolution
09-12-2012, 09:47 AM

Yes, I was getting them confused

Lincoln Reynolds was the grandson of Essendons Dick right?

Ghost Dog
01-04-2013, 11:01 PM
If Morris is the glove, then Lower is the clamp.
Rich didn't touch the footy until almost quarter-time. Even then I think he only got about 8 or so touches by the end of the game. Granted he did get a goal, but super effort Nick.

F'scary
01-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Rich didn't touch the footy until almost quarter-time. Even then I think he only got about 8 or so touches by the end of the game. Granted he did get a goal, but super effort Nick.

and he had to do it in a split second as Lower was dragging him down! Lower=good trade. He will really make 3 or 4 others have to work very hard to get in ahead of him. No easy recalls from Willi like last year.

GVGjr
01-04-2013, 11:17 PM

What about the anchor? Slowing them down to a stop.
According to a mate, Picken is the padlock.

Ghost Dog
01-04-2013, 11:41 PM
and he had to do it in a split second as Lower was dragging him down! Lower=good trade. He will really make 3 or 4 others have to work very hard to get in ahead of him. No easy recalls from Willi like last year.

Hopefully we see more of Picken's attacking and run and carry, as a result of Mr 'Anchor' ( nice one GVGjr) . Pickers is not the biggest bloke, and always struggled to contain some of the taller mids, despite his best efforts. Lower on the other hand has the kg and height.

Loved the way Nick took on Maloney, who is the King of all sleeve tattoo wearing spuds. Still wears a Melbourne jumper in my mind. Idiot.

bornadog
01-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Great pick up by the recruiting staff

Bulldog4life
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Great pick up by the recruiting staff

Yes Bad. No draft pick needed or trade. Got him as a delisted Free Agent. Great pick up.

Ozza
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Was terrific on Saturday. Really like Lower and waht he brings to the side.

And as much as I don't really get into the push and shove nonsense after there's been an incident like Gia/Handley - Lower was straight in there looking after his younger team mates and went straight for Moloney - who thinks of himself as a tough guy.

Cyberdoggie
02-04-2013, 01:54 PM

And as much as I don't really get into the push and shove nonsense after there's been an incident like Gia/Handley - Lower was straight in there looking after his younger team mates and went straight for Moloney - who thinks of himself as a tough guy.

We've always lacked players with a bit of standover pressence. It was only ever Will or Hargrave but they were usually the ones starting something, not flying the flag.

Lower looks like a great team player and a perfect mid aged recruit.

wimberga
02-04-2013, 02:12 PM
We've always lacked players with a bit of standover pressence. It was only ever Will or Hargrave but they were usually the ones starting something, not flying the flag.

Lower looks like a great team player and a perfect mid aged recruit.

Really agree Cyberdoggie

This has been something I think we have lacked for a while. Under Eade it was fine because we usually got on with the game at hand and typically won. That's all good but IMO when opposition do hit our players beyond the acceptable level then they should know about it.

Really noticed that Lower was in there and liked that, also Roughead. They dont have to do anything stupid but getting into the oppositions face when they have done the wrong thing really strengthens each players bond to their teammates and the team. Especially important young developing team that other clubs might feel they can bully.

DragzLS1
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
A very Welcome addition and the first thing that caught my eye was Lower and Minson getting involved. Lower for a first game player for our club showed alot of heart and respect for his team mates. As Macca says we need more good people and that is what he means! Players that will stick up for every single team mate and that puts teh team first.

Think he will ve very valuable to our team especially this week against Freeo ;) im tipping us for a 2nd win!

Twodogs
02-04-2013, 02:30 PM

Lower wasnt really pushing and shoving though. I took particular notice of what was going on because Gia had the ball under his arm and was walking to the goaline and I was worried that we might give a free away. But Lower just got into the Brisbanes players faces and sledged like a boss. It was smart play because Maloney punched him in the face and Lower should have got a free kick before the ball was rebounced.

SlimPickens
02-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Lower wasnt really pushing and shoving though. I took particular notice of what was going on because Gia had the ball under his arm and was walking to the goaline and I was worried that we might give a free away. But Lower just got into the Brisbanes players faces and sledged like a boss. It was smart play because Maloney punched him in the face and Lower should have got a free kick before the ball was rebounced.

Couldn't believe the umpire did nothing about that jab to the throat, he was standing right there.

Twodogs
02-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Couldn't believe the umpire did nothing about that jab to the throat, he was standing right there.

The only thing I can think of is Lower laughed at Maloney so maybe the umpire thought there wasnt anything in it. Even a couple of Brisbane supporters sitting near me thought that Lower was sure to get a free.

The Underdog
02-04-2013, 03:19 PM
The only thing I can think of is Lower laughed at Maloney so maybe the umpire thought there wasnt anything in it. Even a couple of Brisbane supporters sitting near me thought that Lower was sure to get a free.

I thought it happened before Gia kicked which I assume would have meant only another 50m which would be pointless considering he was on the goal line already. Could be wrong though.
Great work by Lower all up, led by example with some great blocking and sheperding.