PDA

View Full Version : Twins

Twodogs
07-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I was thinking about twins the other day. Brad Johnson, Scott West, Tony Liberatore all had twin brothers. It's weird how two people can be exactly the same, can be bought up exactly the same but one pays AFL fooball but the other doesnt.

LostDoggy
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM
It's not really good enough. The club should take over their care from a young age and mould them into their own, like Mini Me.

Twodogs
07-12-2012, 02:04 PM
It's not really good enough. The club should take over their care from a young age and mould them into their own, like Mini Me.

I agree.

I also think that we should be beep testing the kids in the creche the cliub owns. If a kid shows promising results one of the 100 game+ players should adopt him immediately. The parents could have one of the less athletically gifted kiddies to take home instead as well as a couple of memberships and a merchandise voucher. Parents will sign anything to get child care so it shouldnt be too hard to slip a clause into the contract somewhere.

Throughandthrough
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I was thinking about twins the other day. Brad Johnson, Scott West, Tony Liberatore all had twin brothers. It's weird how two people can be exactly the same, can be bought up exactly the same but one pays AFL fooball but the other doesnt.

Not really!

I've got twin sons that have about 80% difference in interests.

One did play junior cricket and footy, and has been to many Dogs games with me, the other has 0% interest in sport.

Axe Man
07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Do they all have identical twin brothers though? Fraternal twins are no more alike than regular siblings.

Twodogs
07-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Dont know with Scott West-despite having seen his brother Trent play ten or fifteen times-but Tony and Fred and Brad and Nathan are identical.

BTW according to wiki Brad Johnson's full name is Bradley Harry Jone Fredward Matthew Peter Johnson. Surely someone is taking the piss? I mean Fredward? Really?

KT31
07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Scott West has a boy and set of twin boy's, how great would it be to see them all in a Doggies jumper.

Ronnie James was another twin.

And for the other side of the debate -

Nathan Brown (Collingwood) and Mitch Brown.
Fred and Keith Cook
Alistair and Stewart Lord
Darryl and Shane Wakelin
Adam and Troy Selwood
Ryan and Nathan Lonie
and possibly the most succesful pair Chris and Brad Scott.

Throughandthrough
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Darryl and Shane Wakelin have different birthdates

LostDoggy
07-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Darryl and Shane Wakelin have different birthdates

Darryl born just before midnight, Shane a few minutes later.

Waiting for presents when they were young must have been agony for Shane :D:D

strebla
07-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Paul and Simon Atkins off the top of my head.

ReLoad
07-12-2012, 08:44 PM
We have twin sons, they barrack for Hawthorn. If they turned up at the club creche I'd expect them to shot on sight.

Seriously, my two boys could not be any more different, one can kick both feet the other has two left feet.

Same physical body yes, the mind however, that is totally unique.

KT31
07-12-2012, 10:18 PM
We have twin sons, they barrack for Hawthorn. If they turned up at the club creche I'd expect them to shot on sight.

Seriously, my two boys could not be any more different, one can kick both feet the other has two left feet.

Same physical body yes, the mind however, that is totally unique.

Both have the same poor taste.;)

Bulldog Joe
11-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Paul and Simon Atkins off the top of my head.

Steven and Matthew Febey also.

Nick Lower is also a twin with brother Ed having been at North

Sedat
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Ryan and Nathan Lonie.
Especially unique as they have been the only twin girls to have made it to senior AFL level.

Throughandthrough
11-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Especially unique as they have been the only twin girls to have made it to senior AFL level.

Hooray!

Twodogs
12-12-2012, 10:14 AM

And the only twin girls with beards!
:D

azabob
12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Ryan and Nathan Lonie

When I heard Lower was training with us I had him confused with the Lonie from port for a few days. Thank god I was confused and wasn't right....

jeemak
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM

Rrrreeeeeoooowwww. That's catty as man. :D

Though admittedly, each of them was about as hard as a poo sandwich.

Bulldog Revolution
14-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I thought Troy was the older bother, not a twin?

Had no idea Brad Johnson had a twin

Bulldog4life
14-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I thought Troy was the older bother, not a twin?

Had no idea Brad Johnson had a twin

Fairly certain he works for a real estate Company in Williamstown.

LostDoggy
17-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Have met Nathan Johnson, but I didn't realise he and Brad were twins. They have a facial similarity but there the resemblence ends me thinks. Nathan is a stockier build than Brad but maybe that was just all the training Brad did? :D

Ozza
19-12-2012, 11:42 AM
More twins to come out of the kennel next year.

Couple of little terriers if they follow in Dad's footsteps.

Hopefully a pair of boys with #42 on their back.

Curly5
20-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Matthew Croft has twin boys who are about 7 or 8.

Twodogs
20-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Have met Nathan Johnson, but I didn't realise he and Brad were twins. They have a facial similarity but there the resemblence ends me thinks. Nathan is a stockier build than Brad but maybe that was just all the training Brad did? :D

Imagine for a second that Nathan had taken to footy with exactly the same sucess as Brad and we'd somehow drafted both of them?

Two Johnnos! One in the midfield and one in the goasquare. Heaven.

Twodogs
20-12-2012, 12:32 PM
More twins to come out of the kennel next year.

Couple of little terriers if they follow in Dad's footsteps.

Hopefully a pair of boys with #42 on their back.

Are congratulations in order?

Ozza
20-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Are congratulations in order?

For Liam Picken, yes.