PDA

View Full Version : Tom Liberatore fit and firing after returning to pre-season training

bornadog
18-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tom-liberatore-fit-and-firing-after-returning-to-pre-season-training/story-e6frf9jf-1226538562958)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/881464-tom-liberatore.jpg

WAYWARD Bulldog Liberatore is using the training track to win back his teammates' respect and trust, club veteran Daniel Giansiracusa says.

Liberatore was found drunk and carrying an ecstasy tablet in King St in August, and while he avoided criminal charges, he received a four-match club-imposed suspension, was temporarily banished from the club and was ordered to get a job.

Until that point, Liberatore had been one of the Bulldogs' shining lights in a disappointing season, averaging 20 disposals and finishing seventh in the club's best and fairest award, despite missing games as a result of the suspension.

Giansiracusa said the son of Bulldogs Brownlow Medal winner Tony Liberatore had returned to pre-season fit and firing, and was starting to repair the damage done that night.

"Obviously it was a bit of a wake-up call for him," Giansiracusa said.

"He went through some pretty tough times in that four-week period and then over the break, but he's back, he's training really well and he's fitted back into the group fantastically well.

"He's seems really committed to sort of getting the respect back of the group. He's a great player and he's going to come through it well."

azabob
18-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Good luck Tommy. Can't wait to see him improve again in 2013.

bornadog
18-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Good luck Tommy. Can't wait to see him improve again in 2013.

Off field as well as on;)

jeemak
19-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Tough gig for Tom. He's made his bed, and now he needs proof he can lie in it and get a good nights sleep.

I hope the issues Tom faced through last year are isolated for him and from other elements or players from the club.

Wishing him well. The scrutiny he attracted to himself, his family, friends and the club isn't what we want to see repeated. It would be such a waste.

chef
19-12-2012, 07:44 AM
How about taking a new photo, I swear I've seen that one on about four different articles.

azabob
19-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Tough gig for Tom. He's made his bed, and now he needs proof he can lie in it and get a good nights sleep.

I hope the issues Tom faced through last year are isolated for him and from other elements or players from the club.

Wishing him well. The scrutiny he attracted to himself, his family, friends and the club isn't what we want to see repeated. It would be such a waste.

Tom Liberatore is my favourite player and I am sure he will bounce back.

Interstingly you speak of isolation and what did come out of the situation was "the club" realised the gap between the older players and the younger players was bigger than they thought and they are working hard to fix that.

Liberatore has the potential to play 200 plus games, influence the result in games and win a best and fairest. Lets hope he gets to reach his full potential.

bornadog
19-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Tom Liberatore is my favourite player and I am sure he will bounce back.

Interstingly you speak of isolation and what did come out of the situation was "the club" realised the gap between the older players and the younger players was bigger than they thought and they are working hard to fix that.

Liberatore has the potential to play 200 plus games, influence the result in games and win a best and fairest. Lets hope he gets to reach his full potential.

I think he will, he is a young man learning what life is all about. He has the ability to be an A Grader and I think he will have a big season in 2013.

Ghost Dog
19-12-2012, 04:54 PM
How about taking a new photo, I swear I've seen that one on about four different articles.

I thought the same thing myself Chef!!

bornadog
19-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I thought the same thing myself Chef!!

I inserted that, couldn't be stuffed looking for another one.

GVGjr
19-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I think he will, he is a young man learning what life is all about. He has the ability to be an A Grader and I think he will have a big season in 2013.

Despite being a good player he still has a way to go in my opinion.
I don't think getting over the problems he experienced this season is an easy thing and I suspect that there is still plenty of work to do with him.

I like that so many people expect him to answer the challenge next season, and from a football sense that seems logical, but I don't think its straight forward at all.

I'm cautiously optimistic but he is a young man who got distracted and I hope he has learned his lesson.

Greystache
19-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Despite being a good player he still has a way to go in my opinion.
I don't think getting over the problems he experienced this season is an easy thing and I suspect that there is still plenty of work to do with him.

I like that so many people expect him to answer the challenge next season, and from a football sense that seems logical, but I don't think its straight forward at all.

I'm cautiously optimistic but he is a young man who got distracted and I hope he has learned his lesson.

I'm inclined to go with you on this one GVG. On talent alone Libba looks a lock to be a 200 game player, but plenty of young players have shown talent early but let off field issues prevent them from becoming successful AFL players. I hope Libba does mature and sort out his issues because it would be a shame to see him waste his talent, as well as a set back for the club.

Eastdog
19-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Good luck to Tom and I hope we don't see that sought of thing at our club again. Hopefully he has a really good 2013 and I look forward to seeing him play.