PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Yearbook 2012

AndrewP6
27-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Just got this today (funny, with all the membership issues I've had!)

Will edit with more later.

Eastdog
27-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Just got this today (funny, with all the membership issues I've had!)

Will edit with more later.

Ive just become a member. Does this come in the mail Andrew. Do you get the Bulldogs magazine in the mail once you become a member.

AndrewP6
27-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Ive just become a member. Does this come in the mail Andrew. Do you get the Bulldogs magazine in the mail once you become a member.

Yep, there are 4 a year.

Eastdog
27-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Yep, there are 4 a year.

So you get the Bulldogs yearbook yearly and Bulldog magazine 4 times in the year.

AndrewP6
27-12-2012, 10:22 PM
So you get the Bulldogs yearbook yearly and Bulldog magazine 4 times in the year.

3 magazines and then the yearbook. The mags are known, rather creatively ;) as "First Quarter", "2nd Quarter", "3rd Quarter"

Eastdog
27-12-2012, 10:27 PM
3 magazines and then the yearbook. The mags are known, rather creatively ;) as "First Quarter", "2nd Quarter", "3rd Quarter"

Thanks for that Andrew. I'll look out for them. Have you got your membership pack yet or still waiting.

AndrewP6
27-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Had a flick through. The yearbook is well produced, with of course, lots of references to the new (and new-ish) appointments. There's an article by Smorgo - how great has he been for our club? Garlick's page talks, obviously about the business side of things. $1.4 million off the debt (known now as the Debt Reduction Campaign). Interestingly, he refers to the coach as "the country's most qualified coach - in terms of building and developing a list to be genuinely competitive over a sustained period" (a long quote, I know, but I'd hate to be taken out of context :D) McCartney's message is under 3 headings "Where we're at", "Where we want to be" and "How we're going to get there". His vision is certainly clear, and well laid out.

There's a good article on Peter Gordon, I like his passion for the club. I'm impressed with how the reins were handed over to him as smoothly as it seems to have been done.

A recap of the B&F awards, with a page on each of the award winnners, and an article on the 2012 debutantes, as well as the 3 retirees. There's a recap of each game - for those with a sado-masochistic edge.

Well produced magazine. Good work Bulldogs!

AndrewP6
27-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for that Andrew. I'll look out for them. Have you got your membership pack yet or still waiting.

Nah, had my membership cancelled (over a missed payment), have to wait till they open for business again and get it reinstated.

Eastdog
27-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Had a flick through. The yearbook is well produced, with of course, lots of references to the new (and new-ish) appointments. There's an article by Smorgo - how great has he been for our club? Garlick's page talks, obviously about the business side of things. $1.4 million off the debt (known now as the Debt Reduction Campaign). Interestingly, he refers to the coach as "the country's most qualified coach - in terms of building and developing a list to be genuinely competitive over a sustained period" (a long quote, I know, but I'd hate to be taken out of context :D) McCartney's message is under 3 headings "Where we're at", "Where we want to be" and "How we're going to get there". His vision is certainly clear, and well laid out.

There's a good article on Peter Gordon, I like his passion for the club. I'm impressed with how the reins were handed over to him as smoothly as it seems to have been done.

A recap of the B&F awards, with a page on each of the award winnners, and an article on the 2012 debutantes, as well as the 3 retirees. There's a recap of each game - for those with a sado-masochistic edge.

Well produced magazine. Good work Bulldogs!

Sounds good.

Eastdog
27-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Nah, had my membership cancelled (over a missed payment), have to wait till they open for business again and get it reinstated.

Hopefully you sought that all out soon Andrew. I was pretty happy as I got mine before Christmas just as the club said in their email.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-12-2012, 12:28 AM

For some reason, they cancelled my membership too, but not my dads. Kinda strange since no payments etc. were missed, I actually only picked up on it about a week ago or whenever the 'last day' for reserving seat members was.

As it is, we've changed our seats to level two seating anyway after about 10 years in level 1 aisle 17!

AndrewP6
28-12-2012, 12:36 AM
For some reason, they cancelled my membership too, but not my dads. Kinda strange since no payments etc. were missed, I actually only picked up on it about a week ago or whenever the 'last day' for reserving seat members was.

As it is, we've changed our seats to level two seating anyway after about 10 years in level 1 aisle 17!

Mine was cancelled, even with a credit card with available funds :confused: No warning, just "Thanks for your membership, would you like to renew?"... It happened a month or so ago, I have just waited to ring them.