PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Family Day

AndrewP6
27-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Another date (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/family-day) for your calendar...

bornadog
21-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Everyone is invited to the 2013 Western Bulldogs Family Day!

Join the Western Bulldogs as we celebrate the start of Season 2013 with our fans and friends.

This year’s Family Day will include:

• The opportunity to meet your favourite Western Bulldogs players
• Live entertainment
• Merchandise and membership stalls
• Kids Zone packed with children’s activities
• And much much more

When: Sunday,17 February, 10.00am – 2.00pm

Venue: Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly Street, West Footscray

*Entry is by Gold Coin Donation .........................

Eastdog
21-01-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't really go to this one as I live on the other side of the city in the Eastern suburbs and also I haven't got my licence yet. Once I have my licence I'm sure ill be able to make the journey to the Whitten Oval. Glad I went to the East West Day at Wesley again. Looking forward to hearing on what Woofers report from the family day.

Ozza
21-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I'll be going along and taking my young bloke. From memory it was stinkin' hot last year - hopefully its a good day this time around.

bornadog
21-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't really go to this one as I live on the other side of the city in the Eastern suburbs and also I haven't got my licence yet. Once I have my licence I'm sure ill be able to make the journey to the Whitten Oval. Glad I went to the East West Day at Wesley again. Looking forward to hearing on what Woofers report from the family day.

West Footscray Station is right next to the ground. Come on Eastdog, make the effort.

Eastdog
21-01-2013, 06:30 PM
West Footscray Station is right next to the ground. Come on Eastdog, make the effort.

Ill have to see if I have anything on that day BAD. Also depends on the weather if its hot or not.

bornadog
21-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Ill have to see if I have anything on that day BAD. Also depends on the weather if its hot or not.

Every year seems a scorcher on Family day. I don't understand why they don'y have it in March.

Eastdog
21-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Every year seems a scorcher on Family day. I don't understand why they don'y have it in March.

Agree mid March would be the best time for it.

Ghost Dog
21-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Like you can predict the weather in Melbourne? Any day is a good day for a Bulldogs family day! rain hail or shine!

LostDoggy
21-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Might go down, depending on the severity of my birthday hangover from the day before. Should do a WOOF meetup!

Remi Moses
21-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Harden up eastern suburbs type:p

AndrewP6
21-01-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm likely to go. Have been the last four or five years. Don't think I'll sit in the queues for a photo this year though! Having the station right there makes it simple to get to.

bornadog
14-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Anyone going?

Just days to go until the annual Western Bulldogs Family Day, the club is inviting the whole red, white and blue family to join them for a day of fun and excitement to mark the start of the 2013 Season.

There will be plenty of entertainment for the whole family, and with the sun set to be shinning, there is no excuse not to be there.

For the kids there’s jumping castles, football clinics and temporary tattoos. Get your nails painted in red, white and blue, meet some of the animals from the Werribee Zoo and of course Woofer will be on hand to dish out plenty of high fives and hugs.

The Luke Dahlhaus Scavenger Hunt is back for another year so make sure you pick up your form at any of the entry points on the day. All entries will be in the running to win a personalised signed Luke Dahlhaus pack!

Click here to download your Dahlhaus Scavenger Hunt map early.

The entire playing group will be available to sign autographs across the day, with many of our new recruits set to help the kids hone their footy skills in the KidsZone.

Live on stage from XXpm hear from Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon, Senior Coach Brendan McCartney and captain Matthew Boyd; pick up your 2013 Membership and Merchandise and see the playing group presented on stage, with help from our Dahlhaus Clubhouse Members.

Remember to grab your FREE raffle ticket when you enter the facility to be in the running to win the Ultimate Matchday Experience valued at over $600. Fill in your details on the ticket and return it to any of the autograph marquees or the information marquee on the day.

If you are a 2013 Reserved Seat holder, you can get access to Family Day at 9.45, via the Cross Street Entrance (opposite West Footscray Station). All you need to do is present your membership card or confirmation email.

FREE parking is also available to all Family Day attendees in Cross Street. To download a map of Family Day, click here.

Date: THIS Sunday 17 February
Time: 10am – 2pm
Where: Whitten Oval
417 Barkly St, West Footscray

Entry is by gold coin donation.

Ozza
14-02-2013, 03:44 PM
I'll be there at the first bounce with my little bloke.

chef
14-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Hoping to get there with my wife and son.

AndrewP6
14-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Anyone going?
Meeee!

I'm likely to go. Have been the last four or five years. Don't think I'll sit in the queues for a photo this year though! Having the station right there makes it simple to get to.

ledge
15-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I will be there as usual

AndrewP6
17-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Not feeling 100%, so with the heat and a 1.5hr trip on the train, not sure I'm gonna go tomorrow.

Eastdog
17-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Not feeling 100%, so with the heat and a 1.5hr trip on the train, not sure I'm gonna go tomorrow.

Hope your ok Andrew. As BAD said I reckon it should be held in March when it's a bit cooler. It has certainly been very warm lately.

AndrewP6
17-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Hope your ok Andrew. As BAD said I reckon it should be held in March when it's a bit cooler. It has certainly been very warm lately.

Thanks, yeah I'll be fine. Just don't know if I can be bothered with the trek in the heat.

Eastdog
17-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Thanks, yeah I'll be fine. Just don't know if I can be bothered with the trek in the heat.

For us in the eastern and south eastern suburbs it is a bit further away and on a cooler day would be fine to make the trek although i dont have my licence yet. At least we have the East West Day.

Eastdog
17-02-2013, 01:51 PM
How's the family day going for woofers who have attended.

Twodogs
17-02-2013, 02:12 PM
How's the family day going for woofers who have attended.

Bloody hot. I didn't go but I live close enough to the ground for cars to be parked out the front of my house and hear the noise and I can tell you that's it's so bloody hot here right now.

Rance Fan
17-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Gee saw Cross. Damn his calves are huge. Taller than I thought also.
Hes looking fit, fingers crossed he has a good year!

Eastdog
17-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Did the team have a small training session?

bornadog
17-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Bloody hot. I didn't go but I live close enough to the ground for cars to be parked out the front of my house and hear the noise and I can tell you that's it's so bloody hot here right now.

Every year its hot. For the life of me why do they have the family day in February? It would make more sense to have it close to the start of the season and get people gee'd up for the up coming season. I haven't been for a few years, because of the heat and my daughter is now grown up.

bornadog
17-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Did the team have a small training session?

They don't normally have training on the family day.

Rance Fan
17-02-2013, 02:30 PM
They sign autographs, and wander around.
Then the players / team gets introduced on stage.

Eastdog
17-02-2013, 03:31 PM
What did Peter Gordon say in his speech.

Remi Moses
17-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Went along . Yeah it was hot( but hey that's summer)
Autograph lines were enormous . Dale Morris got the biggest cheer.
Peter Gordon spoke with great passion, got a bit nostalgic talking about where the Clubs come from since 89 .Wonderful speaker he could sell ice to Eskimos.They had a few snakes and lizards from Werribee zoo. Boydy spoke off Peter doing a great job in his first year of presidency!:eek. Kevin Hillier did a good job as MC( as usual).Good day

Hotdog60
17-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Every year its hot. For the life of me why do they have the family day in February? It would make more sense to have it close to the start of the season and get people gee'd up for the up coming season. I haven't been for a few years, because of the heat and my daughter is now grown up.

It's has to be a mild summer day the forescast said 33.

A hot day is 39 up north.:)

bornadog
17-02-2013, 04:31 PM

I am a whimp:D

But seriously why in February?

Remi Moses
17-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Went along . Yeah it was hot( but hey that's summer)
Autograph lines were enormous . Dale Morris got the biggest cheer.
Peter Gordon spoke with great passion, got a bit nostalgic talking about where the Clubs come from since 89 .Wonderful speaker he could sell ice to Eskimos.They had a few snakes and lizards from Werribee zoo. Boydy spoke off Peter doing a great job in his first year of presidency!:eek. Kevin Hillier did a good job as MC( as usual).Good day

Nothing compared to Hong Kong in August.
This is mild in comparison

Chicago1
17-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Stop complaining about the heat! Just stop it!

At 11.15PM Saturday it is currently -12C here. :(

Eastdog
17-02-2013, 05:24 PM

One thing in Australia we don't have to worry about the snow. I have relatives who live in Toronto, Canada and it can get to 15 below zero. What is it like where you are Chicago1. There was a massive blizzard recently in the north eastern part of the US.

Throughandthrough
17-02-2013, 05:45 PM
It gets above 30 degrees and Melbourne and everyone ties knots in the corner of their hankies and puts them on their head.

I was in regional west Australia this week and a nearby town had 47

AndrewP6
17-02-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't mind the heat, but the idea of a 1.5 hr train ride both ways, then sitting in the sun for hours, just didn't work for me :) I think I'm beyond lining up for autographs too.

Remi Moses
17-02-2013, 06:23 PM

That's warm for winter there?

Throughandthrough
17-02-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't mind the heat, but the idea of a 1.5 hr train ride both ways, then sitting in the sun for hours, just didn't work for me :) I think I'm beyond lining up for autographs too.

Soft!

(I'm typing this from my air conditioned lounge. Was meant to go to the cricket today but its too hot)

Ozza
18-02-2013, 12:01 PM
I was there - didn't hang around for the speeches - but just wandered around with my 2 year old from 10-12. A few of the young blokes didn't do the autograph tents - and rather, were running the activities (handball games etc) for the kids.

Had a chat to Josh Prudden - who is a nice kid. And briefly with Stringer and Hrovat. All the young fellas were good with the kids and enthusiastic about the day.