PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical - number one ticket holder

bulldogtragic
31-12-2012, 03:17 PM
If for some reason the PM who is our number one ticket holder is no longer PM next year for arguments sake only ( this is not a political thread!!! It's a hypothetical) which club or community bulldog hero would you replace her with who is so deserving of this converted title?

Rocco Jones
31-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Irene Chatfield. She should been our number 1 ticket holder even if Julia somehow sticks around.

Eastdog
31-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Irene Chatfield. She should been our number 1 ticket holder even if Julia somehow sticks around.

She would be well deserving of the number 1 ticket as she was partly responsible for saving the Doggies in 1989.

bulldogsfight
31-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Irene was no 1 in 1990. I have her no 1 ticket in my collection

OLD SCRAGGer
31-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Regarless of the Political outcome, Julia should STILL be our #1 ticket holder..WIN, LOSE or DRAW ....IMHO!!!!

bornadog
31-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Regarless of the Political outcome, Julia should STILL be our #1 ticket holder..WIN, LOSE or DRAW ....IMHO!!!!

This ^^^^

bulldogtragic
31-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Playing the devils advocate only, what has Julia done with the post that she should stay on win, lose or draw. Would there not be worthy applicants if the number one ticket holder was a former PM.

I'm not being political, just the devils advocate to see who else is out there. Seems some like Irene and I wouldn't complain IF our number on ticket holder was deposed.

F'scary
31-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Maybe she could start up a fund of some description for the Bulldogs...

bulldogtragic
31-12-2012, 10:00 PM
:) :) :)

BornInDroopSt'54
01-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Yes.
*She brings great dignity and incomparable import to the role by virtue of being PM (and still so if becomes an ex PM) and by how she conducts herself.
*her hair colour is one of the team's.
*She got Obama to handpass an Aussie football
*she is ex workmate with our President, Peter Gordon
*she represents womanhood who are perhaps an underexploited demographic as potential supporters.
*She is a Labour politician in a working class sport and working class area, the western suburbs our heartland
*She isn't a bolshy loose canon like Jeff Kennett.

Really we are blessed to have her. The question should be how can we better make use of her and ensure she has an enduring legacy at the Western Bulldogs.

KT31
01-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't know why we don't have a number one ticket holder and also a club ambassador or ambassadors.
Number One Ticket holder could be a Political figure or a great supportor of the club.(Irene etc)
The ambassadors could be a celebrity or a sportman from another sport who edorses and publicises the Doggies around Australia and the globe.
Shane Jacobson, Craig Parry or Will Anderson come to mind.

F'scary
02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes.
*She brings great dignity and incomparable import to the role by virtue of being PM (and still so if becomes an ex PM) and by how she conducts herself.
*her hair colour is one of the team's.
*She got Obama to handpass an Aussie football
*she is ex workmate with our President, Peter Gordon
*she represents womanhood who are perhaps an underexploited demographic as potential supporters.
*She is a Labour politician in a working class sport and working class area, the western suburbs our heartland
*She isn't a bolshy loose canon like Jeff Kennett.

Really we are blessed to have her. The question should be how can we better make use of her and ensure she has an enduring legacy at the Western Bulldogs.

so it sounds like you are still making up your mind as to whether you will vote for her or not next election.

Eastdog
02-01-2013, 01:55 PM
The Liberal Party look like they are going to win the 2013 Federal election as Julia Gillard's popularity has waned although she still will be a good chance as Tony Abbott isn't popular amongst the people either.

Remi Moses
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Maybe she could start up a fund of some description for the Bulldogs...

Bit like setting up a phony sexual harassment charge?
( BTW don't like Peter Slipper personally)I say Mel Brough for mind

always right
02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
The Liberal Party look like they are going to win the 2013 Federal election as Julia Gillard's popularity has waned although she still will be a good chance as Tony Abbott isn't popular amongst the people either.

Is that you Laurie Oakes?:)

F'scary
02-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Yes.

I agree. Former Prime Minister John Howard, a Liberal, a NSW League follower, not a ticket holder with us, managed to come up with about $20m for WB's benefit.

Eastdog
02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree. Former Prime Minister John Howard, a Liberal, a NSW League follower, not a ticket holder with us, managed to come up with about $20m for WB's benefit.

John Howard helped out a lot in our redevelopment of the Whitten Oval. If it wasn't for Howard we may of not got the funds for that to go ahead.

Greystache
02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Guys this is a footy forum, let's stay on topic and leave politics for other places.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
so it sounds like you are still making up your mind as to whether you will vote for her or not next election.

I didn't realise we vote for #1 ticketholder.:)

LostDoggy
02-01-2013, 09:41 PM
I think Davd Smorgon should be our No: 1 ticket holder

AndrewP6
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I think Davd Smorgan should be our No: 1 ticket holder

Or Smorgon

Ghost Dog
03-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Or Smorgon

Hell hath no fury like a teacher scorned :D

AndrewP6
03-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Hell hath no fury like a teacher scorned :D

:D Or one with lots of free time to pick up on things like that!

bornadog
03-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Don't we have two number one ticket holders, ie male and a female?

Ghost Dog
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM

Irene Chatfield agreed. And Peter, they both really should be number 1 ( share it.) None of us would be on here without either of them.

Eastdog
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Irene Chatfield agreed. And Peter, they both really should be number 1 ( share it.) None of us would be on here without either of them.

Agree GD. I believe it was the president before Peter Gordon who gave up on our club and then Peter come in and the fightback was on.

LostDoggy
04-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Radical idea: In keeping with the Heart Land approach, maybe they should find some old duck who's been going every week for 60 years and give it to her instead. Prove we're all about the grassroots fans.

Eastdog
04-01-2013, 02:28 AM
Mark Seymour, John Roskam, Chris Hemsworth, Wil Anderson, William Mclnnes, Merv Hughes are all Bulldog supporters maybe one of them could be number 1 ticket holder for our club. There are probably are few other well known figures I missed that could be our number 1 ticket holder.

dadsgirl16
04-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Careful BAS there may be a few of us "old ducks" on WOOF!

SonofScray
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
We have a lot of old ducks. Would hard to pick just one!

OLD SCRAGGer
04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Mark Seymour, John Roskam, Chris Hemsworth, Wil Anderson, William Mclnnes, Merv Hughes are all Bulldog supporters maybe one of them could be number 1 ticket holder for our club. There are probably are few other well known figures I missed that could be our number 1 ticket holder.

Like the idea of having "THOR" as our #1 ticket holder :D

w3design
04-01-2013, 08:05 PM
The incredibly loyal mother-daughter featured in Year of the Dogs would get my vote and fit in well with the heartland campaign.

bornadog
04-01-2013, 09:14 PM
The incredibly loyal mother-daughter featured in Year of the Dogs would get my vote and fit in well with the heartland campaign.

Nice one. They are regularly at training as well and I bet they don't miss matches either.

SonofScray
05-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Nice one. They are regularly at training as well and I bet they don't miss matches either.

Always see them around. Last social club event they almost ran me over in the Etihad car park. God bless them. There story is one that repeats itself across a lot of families who follow the club, all the old Taskforce people etc are great examples of that grass roots, staunch supporter.

Happy Days
05-01-2013, 10:04 PM

Sit about 10 rows back from me, never don't see them there.

Ghost Dog
06-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Sit about 10 rows back from me, never don't see them there.

I joined the Dogs because of that Doco. Those two are gold in that movie.

LostDoggy
06-01-2013, 07:27 AM
I joined the Dogs because of that Doco. Those two are gold in that movie.

The club should seriously think about doing a part 2 to that doco, tapping in to the whole heartland theme. It would be gold to see your Bob Murphys etc captured on film on matchdays, while the club is going through this difficult period...I found the recent interview with Bob on the official bulldogs site very inspiring. Youngsters like mitch wallis seem to share a similar attitude. It could turn the negatives of a tough couple of development seasons into a positive in a lot of supporters eyes.

Twodogs
06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
The club should seriously think about doing a part 2 to that doco, tapping in to the whole heartland theme. It would be gold to see your Bob Murphys etc captured on film on matchdays, while the club is going through this difficult period...I found the recent interview with Bob on the official bulldogs site very inspiring. Youngsters like mitch wallis seem to share a similar attitude. It could turn the negatives of a tough couple of development seasons into a positive in a lot of supporters eyes.

A follow up to Year Of The Dogs is a great idea. Given it was shot during the last year of Peter Gordon's presidency it would ducktail perfectly into the first year of his new campaign. It's a shame that it's probably to late to do it this year.

AndrewP6
06-01-2013, 12:36 PM
A follow up to Year Of The Dogs is a great idea. Given it was shot during the last year of Peter Gordon's presidency it would ducktail perfectly into the first year of his new campaign. It's a shame that it's probably to late to do it this year.

Probably too late for the start, could do it throughout the first year back.

lemmon
06-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Probably too late for the start, could do it throughout the first year back.

Was the original made by the club? I'm not sure if it would retain the same warts and all outlook that made it such a beautiful film if it was made by the club itself.

LostDoggy
06-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Was the original made by the club? I'm not sure if it would retain the same warts and all outlook that made it such a beautiful film if it was made by the club itself.

I have no idea but i doubt the original was made by the club..like you said that's what makes it so compelling. The club could easily give the go ahead for a part 2 though, give the filmmakers free reign, no holds barred. The club would come out of it in a very good light im sure.

AndrewP6
06-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Don't think so. The group that's behind the website vids has done a good job thus far, I'm sure they could do something as good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Dogs

craigsahibee
06-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Independent production produced and directed by Michael Cordell who i think was also behind the doco featuring Adam Ramanauskas and Des Headland leading up to them being drafted.

Twodogs
06-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Independent production produced and directed by Michael Cordell who i think was also behind the doco featuring Adam Ramanauskas and Des Headland leading up to them being drafted.

Correct. Condell approached the club and they gave him full access to the players and the coaches.

I found these links to the movie;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133282/reviews

http://colsearch.nfsa.afc.gov.au/nfsa/search/display/display.w3p;adv=yes;group=;groupequals=;holdingType=;page=0; parentid=;query=Number%3A327455;querytype=;rec=0;resCount=10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Dogs

And this one is interesting becauseif you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a link at the bottom that opens a PDF file which has a study guide for the film;

http://www.roninfilms.com.au/feature/551/year-of-dogs.html

You teacher types must be planning your curriculum for this year. You could do worse than include this!

westbulldog
06-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Irene Chatfield, if not for her we may not be having this discussion at all.

Eastdog
02-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I hope we get a new number one ticket holder soon as our current number one ticket holder Julia Gillard I'm not a fan and as PM she is falling out of favour with the Australian people.

bornadog
02-02-2013, 06:01 PM
I hope we get a new number one ticket holder soon as our current number one ticket holder Julia Gillard I'm not a fan and as PM she is falling out of favour with the Australian people.

Really?:confused:

GVGjr
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM

We don't need a political slant to the discussions Eastdog.

Eastdog
02-02-2013, 08:21 PM
We don't need a political slant to the discussions Eastdog.

Sorry if I did get a little political.

ledge
03-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Leader of the opposition isn't a bad number 1 ticket holder to have should she lose.
Personal how about Gina Rienhardt, wouldn't get a cent off her but imagine how the corporate sponsors would get looked after.

Ghost Dog
03-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Can't we share the number 1 ticket holder? you can have co-captains.
Peter and Irene.

Eastdog
03-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Can't we share the number 1 ticket holder? you can have co-captains.
Peter and Irene.

That's not a bad idea GD have multiple people share it.

chef
03-02-2013, 01:04 PM
I'd prefer to keep JG as our Number 1. Can't really get any higher in profile.

OLD SCRAGGer
03-02-2013, 03:30 PM

This!!!

Eastdog
03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
How about Les Twentyman. Quite well known and is a Dogs supporter and works with disadvantaged youth.

bulldogtragic
03-02-2013, 05:40 PM
60percent of people are dissatisfied with her. Wouldn't it be better to have someone with a positive profile as opposed to a higher profile?

Eastdog
03-02-2013, 06:07 PM
60percent of people are dissatisfied with her. Wouldn't it be better to have someone with a positive profile as opposed to a higher profile?

Agree too bulldogtragic. It is always good to change it around after a while.

Remi Moses
03-02-2013, 06:16 PM

I gather you're a Uni student ?
After what's happened to tertiary education here ( Vic) be careful what you wish for.:rolleyes:
Regardless of you political views the prime ministership is ( warnie's mere existence aside) the biggest and most important job in the country.

Eastdog
03-02-2013, 06:23 PM
I gather you're a Uni student ?
After what's happened to tertiary education here ( Vic) be careful what you wish for.:rolleyes:
Regardless of you political views the prime ministership is ( warnie's mere existence aside) the biggest and most important job in the country.

Yes I am a Uni student.

chef
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM

I would prefer to have someone the cameras are attracted too and who can give us national exposure in various medias.

Eastdog
26-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Looks like Julia Gillard is going to lose the position as PM and Kevin Rudd is coming back in.

SlimPickens
26-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Please don't politicise woof!!!

Eastdog
26-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Please don't politicise woof!!!

No worries SP just thought I'd post about it as it has got to do with the number 1 ticket holder.

bulldogtragic
26-06-2013, 08:40 PM
I agree keep the politics out, but it appears this question will arise in the club soon enough.

ledge
26-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Well if she lost she said she would quit parliament so now our number 1 ticket holder is unemployed , probably a good thing considering the west had a lot if unemployed, she fits in even more :-)

Dry Rot
26-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Well if she lost she said she would quit parliament so now our number 1 ticket holder is unemployed , probably a good thing considering the west had a lot if unemployed, she fits in even more :-)

Will be arrested soon too. Good riddance.

Ghost Dog
26-06-2013, 09:23 PM

What are you on about?

Eastdog
26-06-2013, 09:31 PM
I don't want to be political at all on woof but this like BT said would surely spark up discussion for a new number 1 ticket holder.

bornadog
26-06-2013, 09:33 PM
You would think the number one ticket holder would remain till the end of the season and then a new one for next year.

SlimPickens
26-06-2013, 09:37 PM
You would think the number one ticket holder would remain till the end of the season and then a new one for next year.

Agree BAD. Not sure the type of person we would want but a high profile(in the right way)would be beneficial.

Dry Rot
26-06-2013, 09:53 PM
What are you on about?

Gillard is under investigation for fraud by the Vic Fraud Squad re the Wilson AWU scandal

See http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&as_q=gillard+wilson+awu+fraud&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

Dry Rot
26-06-2013, 09:53 PM

Any likely replacement?

Remi Moses
26-06-2013, 09:55 PM

What on earth are you on about??:rolleyes:

Remi Moses
26-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Gillard is under investigation for fraud by the Vic Fraud Squad re the Wilson AWU scandal

See http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&as_q=gillard+wilson+awu+fraud&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

Thanks for that Alan Jones .:rolleyes:

Dry Rot
26-06-2013, 10:00 PM
See post 71. We should probably leave this topic and return to footy.

Remi Moses
26-06-2013, 10:01 PM

You should Judge judy

Ghost Dog
26-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Doesn't deserve a response Rot.

ledge
26-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Well if Douglas Hawkins ends up in the senate we could have him next

Remi Moses
26-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Maybe Speaks instead of dry!

GVGjr
26-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Closing the thread. Sports forum.