PDA

View Full Version : Macrae report

F'scary
08-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Was talking with someone the other day about WB recruits.

They said they knew the Macrae family.

I said he looks like he has the lot but at around 76kg at 18yo needs to put on some weight for senior football.

They reported that it should not be a problem. His father is nearly as tall as him and has the physique of Atlas. His mum is very elegant and has a body like Heidi Klum or Giselle Bundkin, which is to say - of amazonian perfection.

They thought it should not be a problem for him to bulk up to 84-86kg over the next couple of years.

End of report.

bulldogtragic
08-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I take it Macrae's nickname is MILF? :)

GVGjr
08-01-2013, 10:31 PM

Lets not go there

F'scary
08-01-2013, 10:31 PM

Does MILF stand for Midfielder Inheriting Large Frame?

bulldogtragic
08-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Does MILF stand for Midfielder Inheriting Large Frame?
Exactly :)

jeemak
09-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Outstanding save.

The ability to develop a large frame whilst still somewhat important isn't nearly as critical as developing a strong core, muscular strength and power, as well as a tank that can balance between repeat effort and endurance. Particularly in the case of midfielders.

It's all about having balance across the side, and minimising the gap between your thickest and skinniest players as the list matures.

DragzLS1
09-01-2013, 02:30 PM
If he hits anything in the low 80kg mark I would be happy as he looks to be very agile through traffic (pendlebury like) and would not like to see him loose that great asset

F'scary
09-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Outstanding save.

The ability to develop a large frame whilst still somewhat important isn't nearly as critical as developing a strong core, muscular strength and power, as well as a tank that can balance between repeat effort and endurance. Particularly in the case of midfielders.

It's all about having balance across the side, and minimising the gap between your thickest and skinniest players as the list matures.

I absolutely agree with you. Just don't want him getting snapped in half from being played before he can withstand heavier tackles. Didn't that happen to Callan Ward and the Professor? Seem to remember they got breaks from sling tackles in their first seasons.

F'scary
09-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Just saw this on the official WB website story "Preseason Progress: the Draftees"

Jackson Macrae: Jackson has put on a lot of weight already off the back of his hard work in the gym...

Seems that my informant knows what she is saying.

DragzLS1
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Just saw this on the official WB website story "Preseason Progress: the Draftees"

Jackson Macrae: Jackson has put on a lot of weight already off the back of his hard work in the gym...

Seems that my informant knows what she is saying.

She all over it like a bad rash by the looks of things! good work :)

BornInDroopSt'54
12-01-2013, 03:40 PM
If he hits anything in the low 80kg mark I would be happy as he looks to be very agile through traffic (pendlebury like) and would not like to see him loose that great asset

What ever happened to the Laurel and Hardy school of thought; fat and skinny rather than all clones of a Collingwood six footer?

bornadog
02-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Macrae told to be bold (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-05-02/macrae-told-to-be-bold)

While most AFL draftees dream of a senior debut in front of a roaring home crowd, in hindsight Jack Macrae believes he benefitted from playing his first game interstate against Adelaide a fortnight ago.

Without the distractions of Melbourne life, the 18 year-old relished the chance to travel with his teammates and focus purely on the game at hand.

“It was definitely a great experience going over to Adelaide, you are really immersed with all the other boys, so that was really helpful,” Macrae said.

“[I] got to spend time away with everyone and really prepare for the game and not have any distractions.

“Being away was probably a blessing in disguise – and also having Jake as his debut - we got to experience it together and all the older boys were really helpful in guiding us through that and gave us a lot of advice on how to handle it and not over think it.”

Macrae finished with 16 disposals, four tackles, four inside 50s and a goal in his first outing, showing glimpses of his pace, poise and agility that saw him drafted at pick six last year.

After playing in all four of the Bulldogs’ NAB Cup games, the Oakleigh Chargers recruit felt the intensity of the home and away season lift to another level – including the atmosphere created by a vocal Adelaide crows.

“Everything was a lot more intense and meant a lot more – it wasn’t just about going out there and having a run around in the NAB Cup,” he said.

“We want to win the game and you have got to do the structures right and then worry about getting a kick.”

The classy wingman’s second outing against Geelong on Saturday saw him start the game wearing the green substitute’s vest, which created a whole new experience again.

Posed with the challenge of working his way into the game, Macrae took it one contest at a time, drawing on advice and guidance from the coaching staff who directed him to take the game on.

“The coaches have been really helpful… they want us to try to take the game on – we will make plenty of mistakes along the way but that’s the way you get better,” he said

“I think the best thing about footy is you always have the next contest… the next play to front up.

“[They said] don’t shy away from making mistakes but try to learn from them and not make them again.”

Mofra
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
At the risk of getting my account deleted, Macrae will rival Stringer in finished product. Already looks like a future star, amazing movement and footskills.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-05-2013, 09:35 PM
At the risk of getting my account deleted, Macrae will rival Stringer in finished product. Already looks like a future star, amazing movement and footskills.

Agree with the rest but not sure just yet about his foot skills. I think they will certainly improve with time (and strength/endurance especially), but his ball drop can be a bit ugly at times. Just needs to fix this issue for mine, but a very bright future, no doubt.

boydogs
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Agree with the rest but not sure just yet about his foot skills. I think they will certainly improve with time (and strength/endurance especially), but his ball drop can be a bit ugly at times. Just needs to fix this issue for mine, but a very bright future, no doubt.

He has a long swing at it doesn't he, like a left footed Griffen.

Ghost Dog
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM

I like his decision making. He's a step ahead of your average plodder. Ran rings around Sloane.

LostDoggy
03-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Security !

Re: Footskills. He has a bit of the Lasith Malinga about him currently resulting in his slight 'helicopterism' of the ball.

His weight gain has been impressive so far. IMO he's almost unrecognisable from Draft day in such a short time.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Security !

Re: Footskills. He has a bit of the Lasith Malinga about him currently resulting in his slight 'helicopterism' of the ball.

His weight gain has been impressive so far. IMO he's almost unrecognisable from Draft day in such a short time.

I celebrate his helicopterism. Did you see that goal he kicked, it may have been for Williamstown? In the flow of play you'd have expected a pass or hand pass, but you got a quick hook off a step from forty right through the middle.