PDA

View Full Version : Best video during the off-season

always right
23-01-2013, 09:11 AM
IMO this is the best video the club has put out over the off-season. Impressive bloke and really informative.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-01-22/fitter-faster-stronger

bornadog
23-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks for posting AR. enjoyed watching the video.

I love this stuff, watching the guys develop their bodies and changing their shape, increasing their power and speed. I think we will have a very different bunch of guys come round one.

Go_Dogs
23-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Best thing I took out of it was that Andy has been impressed by Jones.

Good video, hopefully we can soon see the benefits of the new programs.

The Underdog
23-01-2013, 10:16 AM
That's a fantastic insight, way beyond the standard pre-season cliches with some real information. It's this sort of thing that really builds some anticipation for the season ahead. Been really noticeable in a lot of the footage how much they are really working on the technique before the lifts, running through things in slow motion before they do it.
And man, that's one impressive resume Barnett has. Thanks for posting AR

Ghost Dog
23-01-2013, 10:38 AM
The funniest thing was seeing the players with the massive rubber bands, pulling each other along as if water skiing.
thanks for posting that.

Mantis
23-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Good stuff.

Sounds like he has brought some great ideas to the club... lets hope that it translates to improvement in his area of expertise.

Mofra
23-01-2013, 11:42 AM
The exercises seem alot more functional that previous years' gymwork. I wouldn't be surprised if the guys are lifting less weight but getting more benefit out of it (power & range of motion).

Greystache
23-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Gray video, Andy seems like a fantastic addition to the club. We'll see how it translates on the field but it feels like the club has made big strides recently in becoming more and more professional.

wb_age
23-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Is it just me, or these videos scarcely work in recent times? Or are constantly unavailable.

After the op, I'm hanging to watch this and it simply won't play due to unavailability.

Axe Man
23-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Is it just me, or these videos scarcely work in recent times? Or are constantly unavailable.

After the op, I'm hanging to watch this and it simply won't play due to unavailability.

I don't usually have any problems, perhaps you have a browser or plug-in issue?

Greystache
23-01-2013, 06:37 PM

I've found the videos more reliable in recent than ever before, particularly from mobile devices.

Eastdog
23-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I've found the videos more reliable in recent than ever before, particularly from mobile devices.

The videos have worked pretty good for me and your right about on the phone Greystache the videos work very well on there.

AndrewP6
23-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I commented on their FB page about a link that wouldn't work, and they replied that some mobile devices may not display some content, and that they were working on fixing the issue.

Doc26
23-01-2013, 07:43 PM

I did have an issue with this particular link last night via my iPad. Seems Ok now and as others have mentioned it is one of the better videos put up in the preseason. It does help whet the appetite for the 2013 season in terms of seeing how they have progressed under the new regime. Come February we'll be pushing for a spot in the eight. ;)

The Underdog
23-01-2013, 08:10 PM
I can't seem to open the recent ones on my phone. Work fine on the laptop though. Has only been an issue since the website update.

Greystache
23-01-2013, 08:27 PM
For anyone having trouble with the website, most of the videos get uploaded to YouTube pretty quickly to make it easier for mobile devices. If you subscribe to the BulldogsTVOfficial the latest updates will be listed.

hujsh
25-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Good video, hopefully we can soon see the benefits of the new programs.

Especially with the reports of him struggling with the running

LostDoggy
25-01-2013, 09:40 AM

Exciting eh? I'm really behind Jones this year, I'm hoping he can get out there and at least shut the doubters up.

The funniest thing was seeing the players with the massive rubber bands, pulling each other along as if water skiing.
thanks for posting that.

It looks hilarious at training, they need some props like snow and a whip and it would be just about right…