PDA

View Full Version : Contract info

GVGjr
04-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Just some various news about the Dogs. We know some of this to be untrue but the info on Hahn, McMahon and Power is interesting

The Western Bulldogs may turn their attention to contracted Port Adelaide key-forward Damon White following the re-signing yesterday of Ken McGregor by the Crows for two years.

With the Dogs' early targets -- Melbourne's Russell Robertson and McGregor -- now unavailable, White will be approached despite the Power's insistence that he is a required player next season.

Mitch Hahn remains out of contract at the Whitten Oval despite the Bulldogs' offer of a three-year contract. The dispute between player and club is over money, but the Dogs expect a deal to be struck.

Jordan McMahon, who is also out of contract with the Bulldogs, has requested to be retained and the club has offered him a two-year contract.

However, Sam Power is out of contract and has requested to be traded.

The Underdog
04-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Just some various news about the Dogs. We know some of this to be untrue but the info on Hahn, McMahon and Power is interesting

The Western Bulldogs may turn their attention to contracted Port Adelaide key-forward Damon White following the re-signing yesterday of Ken McGregor by the Crows for two years.

With the Dogs' early targets -- Melbourne's Russell Robertson and McGregor -- now unavailable, White will be approached despite the Power's insistence that he is a required player next season.

Mitch Hahn remains out of contract at the Whitten Oval despite the Bulldogs' offer of a three-year contract. The dispute between player and club is over money, but the Dogs expect a deal to be struck.

Jordan McMahon, who is also out of contract with the Bulldogs, has requested to be retained and the club has offered him a two-year contract.

However, Sam Power is out of contract and has requested to be traded.

Where did that come from GVG?
Good news on Jordy if true.

edit: ok found it in the australian, all taken with a grain of salt

Bulldog Revolution
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
If true thats good news regarding Jordie - he didn't look like a man on the move at the B & F in his Peter Jackson suit. I strongly believe it is in both Jordans and the clubs best interests that he stay. Jordan was in the top 10 for much of the night at the B&F and finished with 42 votes - clearly he died as the season went on.

I think he really needs to put his best footy together with us, and that a change of club wouldnt help propel him forward, and we need to be able to harness his abilities and turn him into the player he should be.

I noticed Sam Power surrounded by a couple of good looking girls at the B&F - which was two more than I noticed last year. Interesting to see how many votes he got towards the end of the year in the B & F - I think there was one game where he was the only player awarded votes.

Dry Rot
04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
So realistically what could we expect to get for Power, and who would want him?

GVGjr
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
So realistically what could we expect to get for Power, and who would want him?

We won't get much but it might offset anything that we have to trade for Callan.
There would probably be a couple of clubs interested in him.

Dry Rot
04-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Do you think we actually are interested in Callan? Or just another rumour?

GVGjr
04-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Do you think we actually are interested in Callan? Or just another rumour?

Reported in the paper which adds some credit but it could of course be speculation.

dog town
04-10-2007, 12:31 PM
If both the Power and Callan rumours are true then could it be possible they are related? I thought Power did a good job as a tagger towards the end of the year and I heard Eade say in an interview that finding out that Power could tag was a positive to take from the season. If its true that Callan has been targetted by us for a lock down role then maybe Power has his nose out of joint.

bornadog
04-10-2007, 01:03 PM
If both the Power and Callan rumours are true then could it be possible they are related? I thought Power did a good job as a tagger towards the end of the year and I heard Eade say in an interview that finding out that Power could tag was a positive to take from the season. If its true that Callan has been targetted by us for a lock down role then maybe Power has his nose out of joint.

I know people have said he did a good job tagging, but I don't believe he did, go back and check the stats. He kept Goodwin quiet for the first half of the game and thats all he did as a tagger. The guy has been very dissapointing and should have been traded last year, he can be a good player but has had his chance at the dogs, a change would be good all round..

dog town
04-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I know people have said he did a good job tagging, but I don't believe he did, go back and check the stats. He kept Goodwin quiet for the first half of the game and thats all he did as a tagger. The guy has been very dissapointing and should have been traded last year, he can be a good player but has had his chance at the dogs, a change would be good all round..
Never been a big defender of Power and have in fact been one of his harshest critics but I think you will find he did more than one good tagging job. Keeping Rob Harvey a guy who is notorious for mauling us to 16 touches while getting 20 of your own would be one of those jobs. The problem is alot of the time with guys like Power and Ray unless Eade comes out and tells us after the game that they were playing a tagging role we dont even realise. Ray is in the same boat he must have played a run with role 7 or 8 times this season.

bornadog
04-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Never been a big defender of Power and have in fact been one of his harshest critics but I think you will find he did more than one good tagging job. Keeping Rob Harvey a guy who is notorious for mauling us to 16 touches while getting 20 of your own would be one of those jobs. The problem is alot of the time with guys like Power and Ray unless Eade comes out and tells us after the game that they were playing a tagging role we dont even realise. Ray is in the same boat he must have played a run with role 7 or 8 times this season.

Yeah, your probably right, I too have not been a fan of him. Any way, lets hope we can use him as part of a deal.

W W Biscuit
04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Never been a big defender of Power and have in fact been one of his harshest critics but I think you will find he did more than one good tagging job.

Yes, he played a couple of good games, but then finished with a couple of ordinary ones. Hodge tore him apart after quarter time vs Hawthorn, and to me he just did not look at all interested vs the Kangaroos. He didn't even seem to have an opponent for most of that game.

The Coon Dog
04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
If Sam Power has put his hand up to be traded, realisticly, what would we expect for him?

I reckon a pick between 40 & 55 myself. A late 3rd round or early 4th round pick if it's a pick we want.

We seem to have quite a few picks so it may be for a player, in which case we'll have to wait and see.

aker39
04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I can't see any club giving up a draft pick for him, so his only chance would be to be traded for a player.

Sockeye Salmon
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, he played a couple of good games, but then finished with a couple of ordinary ones. Hodge tore him apart after quarter time vs Hawthorn, and to me he just did not look at all interested vs the Kangaroos. He didn't even seem to have an opponent for most of that game.

I've seen this posted a few times and it's becoming a bit of an urban myth.

Power was on Hodge in the first quarter and Hodge didn't get a touch.

Power was on Hodge in the 2nd quarter and Hodge was well on top and started having an influence.

Boyd was on Hodge for the last half when Hodge went beserk. I couldn't tell for sure who was on Hodge at the end when he kicked tose last 3-4 goals because I had my hands over my eyes.

LostDoggy
04-10-2007, 04:01 PM
How has tim callan's form in the VFL been this year?
Woud it warrant a game if he played for anybody apart from geelong?

LostDoggy
04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Also what are your thoughts on damon white?

Mantis
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM

I think he won the Geelong VFL team's B&F. If he was on the Bulldogs list and looked like winning the W'Bee B+F I'm sure he would have played quite a few games in the senior team.

GVGjr
04-10-2007, 04:19 PM

His had a great season in the VFL. Cats fans rate him as a very good player.

FWIW, I'm not convinced that Damon White is what we need.

bornadog
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
If Sam Power has put his hand up to be traded, realisticly, what would we expect for him?

I reckon a pick between 40 & 55 myself. A late 3rd round or early 4th round pick if it's a pick we want.

We seem to have quite a few picks so it may be for a player, in which case we'll have to wait and see.

Would Brisbane be interested in Power?

The Coon Dog
04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Would Brisbane be interested in Power?

Not too sure, but there would be 3 or 4 clubs that might see a bit of value in Sam.

Bulldog Revolution
04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
His had a great season in the VFL. Cats fans rate him as a very good player.

FWIW, I'm not convinced that Damon White is what we need.

Agree with both

I believe Callan is a pretty good player - but I've not seen a lot of him at AFL level - if hes hungry enough then he could become a player

White is not what we need - we need to get a few more key position forward prospects through the draft and then look to develop Tiller, Everitt, Williams, Skipper, Minson and Wight rather than plug in some other clubs fringe

Its time for us to develop some forwards of our own - we've hardly had a forward since Beasley - ok so Delre was far more talented than many would realise, but its time for another surely

bornadog
04-10-2007, 07:04 PM
we've hardly had a forward since Beasley - ok so Delre was far more talented than many would realise, but its time for another surely

Chris was handy up forward :D I know you mean a FF.

GVGjr
04-10-2007, 07:05 PM

I was talking about this with an Essendon mate at work today and he offered up a direct swap for Courtney Johns. He thought Power was a good match for them and whilst Johns is injury prone he has the size that we need plus is probably a player worth being maintained on a list for another season or so.

Not sure what to make of it but a Power for a tall with some senior experience and potential might be better than Power for a draft selection.

The Coon Dog
04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I was talking about this with an Essendon mate at work today and he offered up a direct swap for Courtney Johns. He thought Power was a good match for them and whilst Johns is injury prone he has the size that we need plus is probably a player worth being maintained on a list for another season or so.

Not sure what to make of it but a Power for a tall with some senior experience and potential might be better than Power for a draft selection.

I'd take that! I don't really rate Courtney Johns but he'd be better than a latish pick.

dog town
04-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't be overly interested in Damon White. Would be better off with McGregor at least he gives you an honest contest and some presence not that I want him either. White just seems to float around without any real conviction or hunger for the contest.