PDA

View Full Version : Indigenous All-Stars Squad

Axe Man
31-01-2013, 02:59 PM
The indigenous all-stars squad for the game v Richmond in Alice Springs has been announced with 3 Bulldogs included; Brett Goodes, Liam Jones & Koby Stevens. I had no idea Stevens had an indigenous background.

Full Squad Here (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-31/indigenous-all-stars)

LostDoggy
31-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Hopefully Jones can pick up a few lesson's from Buddy :)

Remi Moses
31-01-2013, 03:18 PM
The indigenous all-stars squad for the game v Richmond in Alice Springs has been announced with 3 Bulldogs included; Brett Goodes, Liam Jones & Koby Stevens. I had no idea Stevens had an indigenous background.

Full Squad Here (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-31/indigenous-all-stars)

Nor did I.

Eastdog
31-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I remember this match one year was abandoned as Alice Springs had that huge downpour which also affected a NAB challenge match.

LostDoggy
31-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Hopefully Jones can pick up a few lesson's from Buddy :)

I hear Buddy is pretty stoked, and can't wait to glean some lessons from Jones.

LostDoggy
31-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I hear Buddy is pretty stoked, and can't wait to glean some lessons from Jones.

Gold, thats what i meant to say:D

I think Jones will come good, history shows key forwards dont find their feet until around the 100 game mark. Hawkins is the prime example of this. I used to think the bloke was a spud, wasnt until late 2011 that he really showed anything.

LostDoggy
01-02-2013, 12:20 AM

I think Jones will come good, history shows key forwards dont find their feet until around the 100 game mark. Hawkins is the prime example of this. I used to think the bloke was a spud, wasnt until late 2011 that he really showed anything.

Managing supporter expectations is almost a role in and of itself.

Ghost Dog
02-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Doug Hawkins? :D yeah took him a while but he finally showed it!

bornadog
07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Forward Liam Jones and defender Brett Goodes will line up with some of the best indigenous talent in the AFL when they represent the Indigenous All Stars in tomorrow’s showcase match against Richmond in Alice Springs.

Playing alongside the likes of All Stars captain Nathan Lovett-Murray (Essendon) and Premiership players Lewis Jetta (Sydney) and Sharrod Wellingham (West Coast Eagles), Goodes will also play under the instruction of his brother, Brownlow Medallist Adam Goodes - who will be acting as Assistant Coach.

The hitout is a highlight of the AFL Players’ Association Indigenous Camp which also includes community visits and a leadership program, among a range of other activities set to engage fans in the Northern Territory.

The Indigenous All Stars will take on Richmond on Friday 8 February 2013 at 8:30 AEDT time, with a live video stream available at afl.com.au.

link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-02-07/goodes-and-jones-all-stars)

Hotdog60
08-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Liam Jones first Goal from 50.

Hotdog60
08-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Jones clunks another and slots it.

Eastdog
08-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Just hearing Liam Jones is having a great match. Great news.

Go_Dogs
08-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the updates, sounds promising.

G-Mo77
09-02-2013, 12:52 AM
I noticed a few tweets about Jones' performance tonight. All praise.

boydogs
09-02-2013, 01:29 AM
GOLD COAST midfielder Harley Bennell and Western Bulldogs forward Liam Jones led the Indigenous All Stars to a commanding 50-point win over Richmond in Friday night's pre-season showpiece in Alice Springs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-08/all-stars-eclipse-tigers-in-preseason-showpiece

Hotdog60
09-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Very poor quality on the video feed so it was very hard to make out who was who, in the first quarter Jones lead well for his first goal and took a nice contested mark for the second.
After that I didn't notice him except he took a nice grasp on the back half, I think he was playing on the ball swapping with Ryder through out the match.

Commentary was a bit ordinary and hard to grasp who had touch at the time. Lost interest early in the last quarter and went to bed.

Go_Dogs
09-02-2013, 10:19 AM
After that I didn't notice him except he took a nice grasp on the back half, I think he was playing on the ball swapping with Ryder through out the match.

The article suggests he swapped into ruck and also played as a key defender. Glad he had a run down back but most happy with his early return of a couple of marks and goals.

Hotdog60
09-02-2013, 12:33 PM
The article suggests he swapped into ruck and also played as a key defender. Glad he had a run down back but most happy with his early return of a couple of marks and goals.

Maybe they had a view to rotate players though different positions, from the Doggies point of view I'm sure they would have preferred him to stay forward and build on his confidence because it looked very positive in both his marking and shots at goal.

On his shot taking he had a very deliberate approach to his kicking as to think he was going through a rehearsed routine.

Before I Die
09-02-2013, 01:35 PM

The full game is still available on YouTube link (http://http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google#/watch?v=0U-QrEVaQns)

Having trouble getting the link to work, new to the world of the iPad.

LostDoggy
09-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Appreciate the updates lads, I just watched the first qtr, His kicking action to me has significantly changed, as Hotdog mentioned, there is a lot of fluency to it and ball drop looks simple and secure, something I always found he made look awkward. He was certainly commanding the ball and presence was strong.