PDA

View Full Version : Intra-club match 2013

Greystache
04-02-2013, 02:12 PM
I've been looking everywhere for the details of this match but can't find it anywhere. It's normally the week before the NAB cup starts which would make it this Saturday. Has anyone heard if it's going ahead and if so when? It's become quite a big event in recent years drawing crowds of up to 5,000.

dogman
04-02-2013, 02:23 PM
There will be no formal intra club game this year. On the last few Mondays they have been playing two 20 minute quarter games. I believe next week monday they are playing a two 25 minute quater game.

They believe this to be enough, to get them ready for the NAB cub.

Greystache
04-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks dogman.

Very disappointing to hear, the intra club was a great chance to see a semi-formal hit out before the Mickey Mouse NAB cup and also a good social event. Hopefully the club revisits this next year and reinstates it.

Cyberdoggie
04-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks dogman.

Very disappointing to hear, the intra club was a great chance to see a semi-formal hit out before the Mickey Mouse NAB cup and also a good social event. Hopefully the club revisits this next year and reinstates it.

Yeah i'm spewing this isn't a feature anymore.
Was also great fun watching the boys play each other. You can't lose unless there are injuries. Also good to watch footy at Whitten Oval and meet and greet with other bulldog fans who are filled with optimism for the year ahead.

I remember standing on rubbish bins I borrowed from the scout hall one year in the pooring rain, in order to catch a glimpse of the intra club that was a closed session.
I had about a 10% viewing area of the field but it was worth it, even the near death experiences of trucks wizzing by along Gordon st and nearly clipping me along the way.

ratsmac
05-02-2013, 12:53 AM
This is shattering news as I look forward to this every year. It also helps me with some supercoach smokies.

The Underdog
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
There will be no formal intra club game this year. On the last few Mondays they have been playing two 20 minute quarter games. I believe next week monday they are playing a two 25 minute quater game.

They believe this to be enough, to get them ready for the NAB cub.

Any idea what time on Monday?

Cyberdoggie
05-02-2013, 12:42 PM
This is shattering news as I look forward to this every year. It also helps me with some supercoach smokies.

Stringer and Hrovat would be the best guesses at this stage.
We'll see in the nab cup.

At this stage i'd guess Stringer would be the best bet to play round 1 but i wouldn't think he would be a huge point scorer being a key forward type.

Hrovat and Prudden are looking like good bets for me but not sure how much footy they will get early on as we seen to be fairly injury free at the moment. "touchwood".

LostDoggy
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Disappointing as last year you could barely move from John Gent to the EF Centre :(

dogman
05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Any idea what time on Monday?

I'd say about 10am but i'll post an update if I hear anthing.

DragzLS1
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Think we had 2 injuries last year in the intraclub. I dont mind missing 1 this season if it means we have a healthy list.. The more we have available for round 1 and the season the more competetive we will be. The last thing we need is Higgens or Williams getting injured in the intra club :)

I do how ever hope we have 1 next season as I was looking forward to going this year :(

bornadog
05-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Think we had 2 injuries last year in the intraclub. I dont mind missing 1 this season if it means we have a healthy list.. The more we have available for round 1 and the season the more competetive we will be. The last thing we need is Higgens or Williams getting injured in the intra club :)

I do how ever hope we have 1 next season as I was looking forward to going this year :(

You can go to the NAB cup practise match.

Prince Imperial
05-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I suppose playing up first on Friday night makes it harder to hold an intraclub which is usually held on a Saturday morning for the benefit of fans. We wouldn't want a six day break leading in to such an important pair of matches. :)

OfficialBulldogs
06-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey All,

The team has increasingly used controlled match simulation drills throughout the pre-season campaign and therefore will not have an official intra-club match ahead of their first NAB Cup game next Friday night. Members and fans are welcome to attend the weekly open training sessions in the pre-season and throughout the season proper. Our next open training session will be next Monday morning with exact details to be confirmed on the Club website later this week.

We also encourage you all to get to our first two NAB games outs which will both be held at Etihad Stadium to get your footy fix! Collingwood and Essendon on Fri 15 February 2013 and Hawthorn on Fri 1 March 2013.

Go Dogs!

Cyberdoggie
06-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info OB!

Now just have to work out if i can escape from work for some reason on a monday.

soupman
11-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Hey All,
Our next open training session will be next Monday morning with exact details to be confirmed on the Club website later this week.

Does anyone know what time this is?

OfficialBulldogs
11-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Quick update, and just to clarify. The players will be on the track this morning, however it will be in small groups spread out across the morning. Thursday is the main open session in which the whole list will hit the track together to fine tune their preparations for Friday night’s NAB Cup opener.

bornadog
11-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Quick update, and just to clarify. The players will be on the track this morning, however it will be in small groups spread out across the morning. Thursday is the main open session in which the whole list will hit the track together to fine tune their preparations for Friday night’s NAB Cup opener.

May try and get down there on Thursday. Thank you for these updates, this is great communication.

Greystache
11-02-2013, 12:21 PM
May try and get down there on Thursday. Thank you for these updates, this is great communication.

Although very disappointing for the supporters who were at training this morning expecting to see some match practice. All we were treated to was a brief session with a handful of players in small groups. Unfortunately the update about the match practice being cancelled was too late for anyone who was going to attend.