PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an old bulldogs duffle coat?

The Cowshed
06-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I was at the club today and was talking to the staff member who has helped put our excellent new museum together.

One of the cabinets was devoted to our supporters and she mentioned that the club were looking for an old bulldog duffle coat to be displayed.

I thought there might be some old school supporters on WOOF who might still have kept theirs and would be willing to donate it to the museum. I'd imagine they would probably be looking for one with character, sew on badges, clip on badges of players etc.

Anyway, she said if anyone has one to donate they can ring the Bulldogs and ask for Rachel. She will organise it from there.

LostDoggy
07-02-2013, 11:12 AM
I wish I'd kept mine. I had MICHAEL 51 McLEAN on the back. A 'Go West' sew on patch on the front as well as others I can't quite remember.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Couldn't afford one. Was very envious.

Doc26
07-02-2013, 08:43 PM
I was at the club today and was talking to the staff member who has helped put our excellent new museum together.

One of the cabinets was devoted to our supporters and she mentioned that the club were looking for an old bulldog duffle coat to be displayed.

I thought there might be some old school supporters on WOOF who might still have kept theirs and would be willing to donate it to the museum. I'd imagine they would probably be looking for one with character, sew on badges, clip on badges of players etc.

Anyway, she said if anyone has one to donate they can ring the Bulldogs and ask for Rachel. She will organise it from there.

I do still have my duffle coat from the 80s highlighted with Simon 18 Beasley on the back and various other iron ons. Unfortunately I pilfered all the badges from it when duffle coats fell out of trend so it now looks rather sparse and colourless.

Btw Rachel is a great asset to the Club.

AndrewP6
07-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I wish I'd kept mine. I had MICHAEL 51 McLEAN on the back. A 'Go West' sew on patch on the front as well as others I can't quite remember.

Me too, loved my duffle coat.

Doggy
07-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Still got mine.

Terry 35 Wheeler on the back.
No 7 (Dougy) on one pocket and No 2 (Loveless) on the other.
Micky Egan, Geoff Jennings and Ian Dunstan sew on badges down one arm.

A bit tattered now. It's been in the wardrobe at my dads house since my early High school days.

The Cowshed
08-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Why don't you donate it Doggy...sounds like it has some character and some names supporters will remember fondly:)

Doggy
08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Why don't you donate it Doggy...sounds like it has some character and some names supporters will remember fondly:)

Just collected my duffle coat, my memory failed me on a couple of names.

Terry 35 Wheeler on back
Left sleeve has sew on patches of The Mighty Bulldogs, Michael Egan, Ian Hamphire and a one eyed Bulldog.
Front pockets have No7 and a Footscray emblem patch.
Lower back has the numbers 2 and 31.

It really is in poor condition, the large number 35 is hanging off and the name Terry Wheeler was in white letters which I colored in with red and blue texta.

I will throw it in the car and next time i am out that way i'll see if they want it.

Nuggety Back Pocket
08-02-2013, 06:52 PM

The Official Opening of the Museum takes place on Monday 4 March.This will be an exciting development for the Club, which puts the icing on the cake for the now excellent facility at the Whitten Oval.

Eastdog
08-02-2013, 07:01 PM
The Official Opening of the Museum takes place on Monday 4 March.This will be an exciting development for the Club, which puts the icing on the cake for the now excellent facility at the Whitten Oval.

Monday 4th March also my birthday :)

bornadog
08-02-2013, 10:10 PM

In case I forget on Monday wish you a great birthday and many happy returns if the day

HOSE B ROMERO
08-02-2013, 11:15 PM

4th of March is the anniversary of my first day at school.... 45 years ago (1968)....yep, that's all i've got.

HOSE B ROMERO
08-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Just collected my duffle coat, my memory failed me on a couple of names.

Terry 35 Wheeler on back
Left sleeve has sew on patches of The Mighty Bulldogs, Michael Egan, Ian Hamphire and a one eyed Bulldog.
Front pockets have No7 and a Footscray emblem patch.
Lower back has the numbers 2 and 31.

It really is in poor condition, the large number 35 is hanging off and the name Terry Wheeler was in white letters which I colored in with red and blue texta.

I will throw it in the car and next time i am out that way i'll see if they want it.

Doggy, get it in there. Condition is irrelevant. What you have there is 'lived in' history; and to us 'died in the wool supporters', that is everything.

The Cowshed
09-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Have to agree with Hose B, the dufflecoat sounds like its been through a few battles which would probably add to the historic nature of such displays.

I reckon they would like to have one in the display cabinet for the official opening of the museum. If you don't mind parting with it you could make a contribution to the club's efforts in helping retain some of the bulldogs heritage.

Doggy
11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I contacted Rachel today and she is really keen to display it. I am dropping it off next Saturday.
I'm glad I hung onto it for the last 30 odd years.

bornadog
11-02-2013, 02:44 PM
I contacted Rachel today and she is really keen to display it. I am dropping it off next Saturday.

Well done mate, great contribution to the club.

Maddog37
11-02-2013, 03:44 PM

Nice work.

The Cowshed
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Nice one Dogster. I look forward to seeing it on display when I'm next at Whitten Oval.

Doggy
28-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Rachel emailed me today, my duffle coat will be installed in a cabinet tomorrow.

bornadog
28-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Rachel emailed me today, my duffle coat will be installed in a cabinet tomorrow.

I must get down there and take a look at the museum. I presume its open to the public.

Twodogs
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
So it opens this monday?

LostDoggy
01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Gosh, this made me remember my duffle coat - I just loved it, but I haven't a clue what happened to it. It certainly was a fashion item in the early 70's when I got mine :D

Twodogs
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
I had Michael Egan's No. 10 on the back of my duffle coat. God knows what happened to it.