39 JASON JOHANNISEN
42 LIAM PICKEN
43 JACK REDPATH
44 BRETT GOODES
45 TOM CAMPBELL
46 LIN JONG
47 MARK AUSTIN
49 AYCE CORDY

as per http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-02-13/five-fresh-faces-for-tripleheader

robb
13-02-2013, 04:46 PM
No Stringer :-(((

OLD SCRAGGer
13-02-2013, 04:47 PM
1 JARRAD GRANT
2 ROBERT MURPHY
3 MITCH WALLIS
4 DANIEL CROSS
5 MATTHEW BOYD
6 LUKE DAHLHAUS
7 SHAUN HIGGINS
10 EASTON WOOD
11 JACKSON MACRAE
13 DANIEL GIANSIRACUSA
14 CLAY SMITH
15 JASON TUTT
16 RYAN GRIFFEN
17 ADAM COONEY
19 LIAM JONES
20 DANIEL PEARCE
21 TOM LIBERATORE
22 DYLAN ADDISON
27 WILL MINSON
29 TORY DICKSON
30 CHRISTIAN HOWARD
31 TOM YOUNG
32 MICHAEL TALIA
33 NICK LOWER
37 LUKAS MARKOVIC
38 DALE MORRIS
39 JASON JOHANNISEN
42 LIAM PICKEN
43 JACK REDPATH
44 BRETT GOODES
45 TOM CAMPBELL
46 LIN JONG
47 MARK AUSTIN
49 AYCE CORDY

as per http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-02-13/five-fresh-faces-for-tripleheader

A little disappointed Jake Stringer won't play :mad: or Koby Stevens!! BUT delighted Dale Morris & Brett Goodes are :)

LostDoggy
13-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Prudden and Greenwood ?

Remi Moses
13-02-2013, 05:22 PM
No Hrovat either.

Cyberdoggie
13-02-2013, 05:27 PM
No Hrovat either.

He's injured, quad strain i believe.

Roughead also missing.

LostDoggy
13-02-2013, 05:28 PM
No Roughead or Williams either

Greystache
13-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Players not listed;

8- Veszpremi
9- Stringer
12- Williams
18- Roberts
23- Roughead
24- Hrovat
25- Stevens
26- Hunter
28- Prudden
34- Greenwood

Greystache
13-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Surprising to see 3 potential key defenders not playing.

G-Mo77
13-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Disappointed about Stringer, Hrovat and Roberts. They're 3 payers I really wanted to see play Friday night.

Edit: Just noticed Dale Morris was in the team. Yippee!!!

chef
13-02-2013, 05:58 PM

Morris, Talia, Markovic and Austin are playing. I guess they are going to have to be rotated over the NAB comp as we can't play them all.

Mantis
13-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Morris, Talia, Markovic and Austin are playing. I guess they are going to have to be rotated over the NAB comp as we can't play them all.

Is it surprising that they are giving Austin, who is a rookie, 1st crack instead of listed players?

ledge
13-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Is it surprising that they are giving Austin, who is a rookie, 1st crack instead of listed players?

No I would expect them to play rookies in these games do the club and player get an idea of how they are going.

ratsmac
13-02-2013, 06:54 PM
What a let down, no Stringer!! Oh well. Looks like a pretty decent line though. Really looking forward to seeing how Cooney is tracking with that knee.
Apparently Bret Goodes done really well in the allstars game the other night. Can anyone confirm this? It will be interesting to see how he copes in the AFL?
Footy's Back!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!

Go_Dogs
13-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Like others, a little shocked at the Roughead omission but guessing its a work load related management issue.

Looking forward to seeing all the guys playing their first games and those returning from injury. Great to have the footy back.

boydogs
13-02-2013, 09:55 PM
I can see us making 5-6 changes to the squad every game and giving pretty much everyone a go. Can't wait to see Stringer get a turn.

bornadog
13-02-2013, 10:00 PM
I can see us making 5-6 changes to the squad every game and giving pretty much everyone a go. Can't wait to see Stringer get a turn.

After all its just a glorified practise match and you would expect all to get go at some stage

Looking forward to the first look at each if the new players.

Nuggety Back Pocket
13-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Players not listed;

8- Veszpremi
9- Stringer
12- Williams
18- Roberts
23- Roughead
24- Hrovat
25- Stevens
26- Hunter
28- Prudden
34- Greenwood

Disappointing that Stringer Williams Roughead and Roberts are all missing as these are all key position players. This will make it a lot tougher for BMcC to secure an early win which was his aim.

Eastdog
13-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Disappointing that Stringer Williams Roughead and Roberts are all missing as these are all key position players. This will make it a lot tougher for BMcC to secure an early win which was his aim.

Me too NBP. Im thinking Macca is saving some players for the full match in Round 2 of the NAB Cup. Great to see Dale Morris included in that team and will be watching him closely on Friday night.

AndrewP6
13-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Not fussed at all, they'll all get a look in at some point.

GVGjr
14-02-2013, 07:19 AM

It's a shame that we don't get to see them but Markovic, Talia, Austin and Morris will have their hands full when we play the tall timber of Collingwood.

GVGjr
14-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Who's going to the game? Is it too early in the year to get excited about Football?

Ozza
14-02-2013, 10:18 AM

My thoughts exactly. They all have their individual programmes - and will all play at least 2 or 3 games out of the 4 (?) leading up to the season.

G-Mo77
14-02-2013, 10:53 AM

But I can only get to this one.

What about me? What about G-Mo77?

:D

The Underdog
14-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Who's going to the game? Is it too early in the year to get excited about Football?

I'm going, this is absolutely a great time to be excited about football, we get to see some new guys, try to judge the development of some others & it doesn't really matter if we lose. Looking forward to it.

Greystache
14-02-2013, 11:51 AM

I'll be going. I wouldn't say I'm excited about the nab cup, but given the lack of opportunity this preseason to see the players have a semi serious hitout, I am looking forward to seeing how some of the younger players look after another year of training. I have friends going along that support the other teams playing so it will be a good social event too.

Cyberdoggie
14-02-2013, 11:53 AM

I'll be there, taking my 10month old for her first taste of football (not that she'll know what's going on). I'm sure that will be an experience for me, doubt i'll get to watch much of the game.

Never too early to get excited about football. I've been hanging out just for a little fix of some actual football. I just really hope i don't have to witness a rolling maul style of game this year. It scares me that senior adult football is starting to look more and more like the little league at half time.

Anyway i'm keen to see how our young guys go, how we transition the ball from defence and if we can actually find targets that will mark the football. I doubt we'll see too much against the pies and the dons but i'm guessing we'll finish the night 1-1

LostDoggy
14-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Just listened to the podcast of Lukey D this morning on SEN, out of all the younger kids who have impressed him over the pre season he gave Big Jack Redpath the thumbs up. Not heaps in the interview but the link is below

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Luke-Dalhaus/7095

bornadog
14-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Just listened to the podcast of Lukey D this morning on SEN, out of all the younger kids who have impressed him over the pre season he gave Big Jack Redpath the thumbs up. Not heaps in the interview but the link is below

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Luke-Dalhaus/7095

Redpath ready: Dahlhaus (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-02-14/redpath-ready-dahlhaus)

Luke Dahlhaus has pegged rookie Jack Redpath as one to watch in 2013, as the duo prepare for the Western Bulldogs’ first NAB Cup hitout on Friday night.

As a former rookie elevation Dahlhaus can relate to the fierce competition for spots on the primary list but said the 22-year-old power forward is showing form this pre-season that is hard to ignore.

“For me the rookie Jack Redpath, who has been there for a year already, but he’s starting to show a bit for me,” Dahlhaus said.

“He is a big hulk, you will probably see him running around [tomorrow] night - he’s a real big fella and he will be playing up forward.

“Hopefully he gets a few kicks and gets a nice goal.”

The big-bodied forward has made headway at Bulldogs training during the pre-season, as he continues to hone his forward craft and learn how to exploit his size in contested situations.

Kicking 13 goals from 12 games with VFL affiliate Williamstown last season – including a four goal haul against his former team Bendigo – Redpath will be looking to add to his tally during the Club’s NAB Cup campaign.

Redpath will play his first senior game for the Bulldogs on Friday night in round one of the 2013 NAB Cup against Essendon and Collingwood at Etihad Stadium.

Greystache
14-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I'll be pleased if Redpath can show a bit this season. Other than an outstanding half against Bendigo last year I didn't see anything to make me think he can make it at AFL level. Let's hope another preseason has made a big difference for him.

MrMahatma
15-02-2013, 12:11 AM
I'll be there, taking my 10month old for her first taste of football (not that she'll know what's going on). I'm sure that will be an experience for me, doubt i'll get to watch much of the game.

Never too early to get excited about football. I've been hanging out just for a little fix of some actual football. I just really hope i don't have to witness a rolling maul style of game this year. It scares me that senior adult football is starting to look more and more like the little league at half time.

Anyway i'm keen to see how our young guys go, how we transition the ball from defence and if we can actually find targets that will mark the football. I doubt we'll see too much against the pies and the dons but i'm guessing we'll finish the night 1-1
Took my daughter last yr to a game. She was about 7 months old. Cried the whole time. Hated the siren. Hated the cheers and screams. Was quite an ordeal!!!

Plus we got pantsed by the hawks.

Hope you have a better experience!

Cyberdoggie
15-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Took my daughter last yr to a game. She was about 7 months old. Cried the whole time. Hated the siren. Hated the cheers and screams. Was quite an ordeal!!!

Plus we got pantsed by the hawks.

Hope you have a better experience!

Hehe, thanks for the positive re-enforcement. :)

I thought i'd try it in a NAB cup, as i won't be as focussed on the game if it were a regular season match.

Expecting it to be an ordeal anyway :p

Ozza
15-02-2013, 01:19 PM
I thought Will Minson handled the media throng really well yesterday, some of the questions about the Bombers scandal, us playing them, sledging, the NAB fixturing etc would have tripped a few players up. Big Minnow spoke very very well.

Eastdog
15-02-2013, 01:37 PM

I'll be going along. It will be a relaxed atmosphere but will be great to see some footy. Looking forward to seeing the youngsters in action and not to get any injuries.

Mantis
15-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I thought Will Minson handled the media throng really well yesterday, some of the questions about the Bombers scandal, us playing them, sledging, the NAB fixturing etc would have tripped a few players up. Big Minnow spoke very very well.

Will is always pretty articulate when he speaks... well atleast until he crosses the white line when the inner SA bogan awakens.

Ozza
15-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Will is always pretty articulate when he speaks... well atleast until he crosses the white line when the inner SA bogan awakens.

He did say at one point (when asked about the potential of sledging Essendon player) "I learnt my lesson last year that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!".

Was also funny when asked about Brett Goodes and if he had some similarities to his brother "...Yeah, his chin, his eye brows are similar too...".

bornadog
15-02-2013, 06:46 PM
link (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/nab-cup-week-1-20130214-2egbm.html)

Friday, Etihad Stadium, from 6.45 pm

Western Bulldogs

Jackson Macrae's last competitive hit-out was as the match-winner with a behind for the Oakleigh Chargers in their TAC Cup grand final win last year.
On Friday night, the youngster, who so often has been compared to a young Scott Pendlebury, will make his debut for the Bulldogs and is expecting to swing through a variety of roles. "Throughout my junior footy … I played the midfield and half-forward role and [the] Bulldogs are really trying to play me in a wing role and have the versatility to also play as a half-back,'' Macrae said.

He is likely to be joined in the back half by mature-age VFL star Brett Goodes. Bulldogs development coach Peter German is expecting he will have to do without Goodes at Williamstown this season. Jack Redpath will also make his debut, along with Nick Lower (ex-Fremantle) and Tom Young (ex-Collingwood). German also said a fit and firing Adam Cooney, who has had a stellar pre-season, may also help turn around the club's on-field fortunes.
Watch out for: Dale Morris - the reliable defender will play his first AFL match since round 21, 2011, after a further injury setback.