PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gordon on 774 - Every Friday Morning

bornadog
22-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Peter will join John Faine to give his tips and discuss general football topics of the day, straight after the 9.30 news.

jeemak
22-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I had a feeling it might be him. Unfortunately I had to get out of the car just prior to him coming on.

Great stuff, awesome to have a vehicle for the club to have its voice heard on a regular basis.

DragzLS1
22-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Anybody heard the interview? Link? Much said about the dogs?

bornadog
22-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Anybody heard the interview? Link? Much said about the dogs?

I was listening and the main thing he talked about was the equalisation fund. Peter believes its not about dividing up the funds from games but rather making every game like a blockbuster and to do that every team needs to be more competitive and attract crowds.

Peter thinks this mornings news on the AFL putting up prices for blockbuster games and then dividing that up is not the way to go. He said the biggest actual revenue difference between clubs is the pokie venues, and maybe that money should be taxed by the AFL and proportioned out. Peter said Joan Kerner introduced pokies in to Victoria as a way smaller clubs can increase their revenue. Peter said we were the first to get Pokies, but what has happened is that clubs with greater access to capital have been able to dramatically grow their funds by being able to have more pokie venues.

Chicago1
24-02-2013, 04:48 PM
It's nice to see that Peter is following in my footsteps. Good luck to him. :p

bornadog
01-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Mitch Wallis on with Peter now.

bornadog
01-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Peter talking about social media said he spoke to a player who left last year for at least 3 or 4 hours trying to convince him to stay. One of the reasons the player left was due to the vitriol shown by people on social media towards him. The player said if your own supporters don't support you then what hope have you got.

Maddog37
01-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Peter talking about social media said he spoke to a player who left last year for at least 3 or 4 hours trying to convince him to stay. One of the reasons the player left was due to the vitriol shown by people on social media towards him. The player said if your own supporters don't support you then what hope have you got.

What a soft as butter, bullshit, naive, childish, pathetic excuse!!!!

That's what social media is! It won't change by changing clubs. How about getting off Facebook and Twitter and reading a book.

bulldogtragic
01-05-2015, 11:07 AM
What a soft as butter, bullshit, naive, childish, pathetic excuse!!!!

That's what social media is! It won't change by changing clubs. How about getting off Facebook and Twitter and reading a book.

Turn off social media?

Apparently we're the only club with a few vitriolic supporters...

This is leading the dumbest thing i've heard today at the moment.

Twodogs
01-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Turn off social media?

Apparently we're the only club with a few vitriolic supporters...

This is leading the dumbest thing i've heard today at the moment.

Dumbest thing said this week. And there have been some spectacularly stupid things said this week.

hujsh
01-05-2015, 11:29 AM
While I enjoy the (intentional?) irony of attacking a player who left because he copped it from his own teams supporters, going to Carlton (it has to be Jones or Tutt unless it's Higgins) probably only gets you away from that for the pre-season. It's surely started up again now

bulldogtragic
01-05-2015, 11:30 AM
While I enjoy the (intentional?) irony of attacking a player who left because he copped it from his own teams supporters, going to Carlton (it has to be Jones or Tutt unless it's Higgins) probably only gets you away from that for the pre-season. It's surely started up again now

They could ask for trades again? :)

bornadog
01-05-2015, 11:44 AM
People that hide behind a key board and bag players in social media are just as gutless.

Best not to read the rubbish published in facebook/tweets/Bigfooty etc.

Glad here on WOOF we can have (mostly) a meaningful discussion on players and why they should be dropped, improve, etc.

craigsahibee
01-05-2015, 11:48 AM

I didn't think Christian Howard had a say in the matter.

KT31
01-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Weak as, did it occur to him to turn the social media off ? OMG:eek:
IMO it was Jones but Higgins is the other possibility, and does he really thinks changing clubs will fix the issue.
If Jones he is in for a shock, from what I have seen the majority of the time we are the better of the club supporters.
The Blues supporters will eat their own and he is not far away from being an appetiser.

bornadog
01-05-2015, 11:50 AM
I didn't think Christian Howard had a say in the matter.

I would have thought the conversation with him would be 3 minutes not 3 hours. :D

bornadog
01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Weak as, did it occur to him to turn the social media off ? OMG:eek:
IMO it was Jones but Higgins is the other possibility, and does he really thinks changing clubs will fix the issue.
If Jones he is in for a shock, from what I have seen the majority of the time we are the better of the club supporters.
The Blues supporters will eat their own and he is not far away from being an appetiser.

Somehow I don't believe it would be Higgins, although a lot of Bulldog supporters didn't like him. It felt like all along he was going to leave anyway.

Jones, I was unsure of whether he would leave till the end of the year, and I think we would have tried hard to keep him due to being a KPP.

Greystache
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Given we weren't going to match Norf's offer for Higgins, no matter how low, it wouldn't be him we were trying to convince to stay. We wanted Cooney out as well, and Gryfynn was probably or most loved player by supporters, so that means Tutt or Jones. No surprise, there were always some form of excuse for wanting to take the easy option.

Good thing Richmond players aren't as sensitive, they wouldn't be able to field a team :D

Twodogs
01-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Given we weren't going to match Norf's offer for Higgins, no matter how low, it wouldn't be him we were trying to convince to stay. We wanted Cooney out as well, and Gryfynn was probably or most loved player by supporters, so that means Tutt or Jones. No surprise, there were always some form of excuse for wanting to take the easy option.

Good thing Richmond players aren't as sensitive, they wouldn't be able to field a team :D

That's gold Jerry!

Throughandthrough
01-05-2015, 01:15 PM
...if the story is true at all

Happy Days
01-05-2015, 01:25 PM
A great hobby of mine is going on losing team's FB pages and basking in the hottness of their supporter's takes.

Carlton all want Malthouse dead, ditto with West Coast and Priddis, whereas Richmond are just beaten down, like they can't even be bothered getting off the couch and walking to the microwave anymore.

Templeton31
01-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Didn't Jones have a twitter account and then ditched it late in the year?

G-Mo77
01-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Didn't Jones have a twitter account and then ditched it late in the year?

No. He kept it open.

bornadog
01-05-2015, 03:02 PM

Not sure what you are inferring?

Maddog37
01-05-2015, 03:52 PM

It would be true but it sounds like a player clutching at straws and making mountains out of molehills.

Maddog37
01-05-2015, 03:56 PM
That's gold Jerry!

Gold!

ledge
01-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Maybe it wasn't a player and it was the coach :-)

bornadog
01-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Maybe it wasn't a player and it was the coach :-)

haha very funny :D

Webby
01-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have the link to this interview? Can't seem to locate it.

GVGjr
01-05-2015, 08:16 PM
I don't think we really need to speculate on who it was. I'll accept Peter Gordon's account on it and I do believe we need to be mindful and not be overly critical of players.
The club selected the players and it often won't work out and this happens in most professional environments. There is no need to make it personal though.

Twodogs
01-05-2015, 08:28 PM

I can't find one.

bornadog
02-05-2015, 12:24 AM

As the heading says, Peter is on every Friday to do the tips. Today he had Mitch Wallis with him and Dan Lonergan. It was Dan's last day at the ABC today, and good luck to him in the future.

Twodogs
02-05-2015, 12:51 AM
As the heading says, Peter is on every Friday to do the tips. Today he had Mitch Wallis with him and Dan Lonergan. It was Dan's last day at the ABC today, and good luck to him in the future.

I kind off felt a bit bad for Dan. He's obviously never really thought of a life outside of the ABC and he didn't sound like he was relishing the thought of moving on.

boydogs
02-05-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm thinking it was Tutt, Jones was always going but we kept working on Tutt to get him to stay after we didn't get a trade done

It does come across as a bit soft, but everyone's different and we do need to keep in mind we are supporters first and foremost

bornadog
02-05-2015, 10:01 AM
I kind off felt a bit bad for Dan. He's obviously never really thought of a life outside of the ABC and he didn't sound like he was relishing the thought of moving on.

Shame the ABC has had to cut back and now we have lost Dan and Drew, both very good commentators.

bornadog
08-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Lin Jong on with Peter this morning

bornadog
08-05-2015, 10:31 AM
* Peter says if we were offered $2 million he would have moved the game against Freo - every man has his price.

* Lin Jong hoping to be back within 2 weeks. Hand was injured with 10 minutes to go.

* PG expecting 45,000 at the game tomorrow.

KT31
08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
*For $2Million I can picture Gil," tell them they're dreaming".

*Just makes Jongs last ten minute efforts more admirable.

*I would love to see 45,000 at the game but just can't see it happening.

bornadog
08-05-2015, 10:48 AM
*I would love to see 45,000 at the game but just can't see it happening.

I think the crowd will be around 30k

boydogs
08-05-2015, 10:57 AM
* Peter says if we were offered $2 million he would have moved the game against Freo - every man has his price.

Just call me Mr President :D

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14350-Bulldogs-not-moving-aside-for-soccer-Grand-Final&p=430140#post430140
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14350-Bulldogs-not-moving-aside-for-soccer-Grand-Final&p=430258#post430258

bornadog
08-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Just call me Mr President :D

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14350-Bulldogs-not-moving-aside-for-soccer-Grand-Final&p=430140#post430140
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14350-Bulldogs-not-moving-aside-for-soccer-Grand-Final&p=430258#post430258

Is that you Peter. :D

Murphy'sLore
08-05-2015, 11:29 AM
They were saying Dan Lonergan tipped nine on his last day (after being bullied into tipping the Dogs by PG!)

Danny from Droop St would never tip the Dogs unless he was forced to...

Twodogs
08-05-2015, 11:52 AM
They were saying Dan Lonergan tipped nine on his last day (after being bullied into tipping the Dogs by PG!)

I got nine last week too. First time I have ever got nine, the last time I was in a footy tipping comp there were only sixteen teams in the comp!

craigsahibee
08-05-2015, 12:42 PM
I got nine last week too. First time I have ever got nine, the last time I was in a footy tipping comp there were only sixteen teams in the comp!

I am a bit concerned that there were a number of Woofers who tipped 9 in the WOOF Tipping Comp in Round 3 when we lost to Hawthorn.

#someoneusedLachieHunterstippinglogin

Twodogs
08-05-2015, 12:58 PM
I am a bit concerned that there were a number of Woofers who tipped 9 in the WOOF Tipping Comp in Round 3 when we lost to Hawthorn.

#someoneusedLachieHunterstippinglogin

Many years ago, when I was still at school, my dad proudly told me that he had picked six winners on the weekend (in a twelve team comp back in the day six was the sweep) despi9te the fact that we had lost. I asked him if the divvie was thirty pieces of silver and he chased me out of the house! :)

craigsahibee
08-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Back in '81 or '82 I tipped 5 out of 6 and the one game I missed out on was the Doggies knocking off the Hawks at the Western Oval. Ross Christensen kicked 3 or 4 IIRC. From that moment on I have never tipped against us. At times (a lot actually) to my detriment. Subsequently, I have only ever won one footy tipping competition and that was a small family one back in 1998.

Twodogs
08-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Back in '81 or '82 I tipped 5 out of 6 and the one game I missed out on was the Doggies knocking off the Hawks at the Western Oval. Ross Christensen kicked 3 or 4 IIRC. From that moment on I have never tipped against us. At times (a lot actually) to my detriment. Subsequently, I have only ever won one footy tipping competition and that was a small family one back in 1998.

Slotted the lazy 5 did big Ross that day. From 5 kicks I think too.

Remi Moses
08-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Slotted the lazy 5 did big Ross that day. From 5 kicks I think too.

Moved like a treacle did Ross.
From West Footscray

Remi Moses
08-05-2015, 04:17 PM

I actually quite like Dan ( just a bit more pessimistic than some of us) Big loss for The ABC, as is Drew Morphett

Twodogs
09-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Moved like a treacle did Ross.
From West Footscray

He did. He had the mullet a while before it came into fashion too.

Is he Allen's dad or uncle?

bornadog
22-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Peter will be on this morning and will be asked about the CAS decision.

bornadog
22-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Peter will be on this morning and will be asked about the CAS decision.

At least two former Essendon players considering Court of Arbitration decision appeal in Switzerland (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-22/former-essendon-players-considering-swiss-court-appeal/7106834?section=sport)

At least two former Essendon players suspended over the AFL club's 2012 supplement regime are considering appealing against their ban in a Switzerland court, Western Bulldogs' president, and lawyer, Peter Gordon has said.

Stewart Crameri and VFL player Brent Prismall, who were among the 34 players banned after an appeal by the World Anti-Doping Authority was upheld in the Court of Arbitration of Sport (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-12/cas-upholds-wada-appeal-essendon-anti-doping-verdict/7081874?section=sport)earlier this month, are now at the Bulldogs.
When asked on 774 ABC Melbourne if the players were considering an appeal against the CAS decision, Mr Gordon replied "There well could be".
"I'm deeply troubled that what history will show these young men have been subject to one of the gravest injustices in Australian sporting history," he said.
Mr Gordon said he agreed with Essendon chairman Lindsay Tanner's opinion that the decision was "manifestly unfair".
"This CAS judgement contains factual errors, unsupported propositions of law, it applies findings that may be pertinent to one player and extrapolates it to all the other 33 players, often with no basis at all."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/6334968-3x4-340x453.jpg (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-22/mike-fitzpatrick-and-peter-gordon/7106916?section=sport)
PHOTO: Western Bulldogs president Peter Gordon said the CAS decision was "manifestly unfair".(Getty Images: Michael Dodge) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-22/mike-fitzpatrick-and-peter-gordon/7106916?section=sport)

Mr Gordon said his son, Patrick Gordon, is representing Crameri and Prismall, but he is also involved.
"I don't think there is a way to get it before an Australian court, so if there is to be an appeal it would be to the Swiss federal tribunal, we've got 30 days to bring that, so I think the relevant date is about 10 February.
"I'm looking at it myself because we have two player involved in it, and I know the lawyers for the other 32 are investigating it."

He said the nature of the court system meant it was unlikely a hearing would begin before the start of the season, but lawyers could move for an urgent injunction to grant a stay on the ban.
"We've sought advice from Swiss lawyers on a range of issues and we're hoping to get that advice as soon as we can," he said.
The AFL Players Association has said it is also considering its legal options (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-15/essendon-players-meet-over-possible-appeal-compensation/7091216?section=sport) in the wake of the ban, including a possible compensation claim against the club.

Topdog
22-01-2016, 11:06 PM
So he wants a system whereby you can take as many PEDs as long as you can beat the testing involved.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2016, 11:13 PM
So he wants a system whereby you can take as many PEDs as long as you can beat the testing involved.

It's not that uncommon. There's a group of philosophers, ethists and high brow folk that say all doping drugs should be legal, so then all athletes can be on a level playing field, so there's no drugs cheats anymore and we can see just how quick humans can really swim or run since that's the point of sport.

And then there's me calling them dickheads.

Twodogs
22-01-2016, 11:14 PM

Yeah. That's a reasonable assessment of what he said.

LostDoggy
22-01-2016, 11:15 PM

I don't think that's what he is saying.

He is looking after Crameri and Prismall and he is saying that the process that found them guilty was flawed. As such, should they choose there are further avenues available for them to state their case.

He is just doing his job in representing their interests.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2016, 11:17 PM
I don't think that's what he is saying.

He is looking after Crameri and Prismall and he is saying that the process that found them guilty was flawed. As such, should they choose there are further avenues available for them to state their case.

He is just doing his job in representing their interests.

Was PG on the radio as their lawyer representing their interests, or as the dogs president representing the clubs and members interests? If those interests are not the same, that's a 'conflict of interest' is it not?

LostDoggy
22-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Was on the radio as their lawyer representing their interests, or as the dogs president representing the clubs and members interests?

He is not their lawyer as such. As Dogs president, he would take an interest in any legal matters that involve players and club employees. He is protecting their interests and, by extension, the club's interests.

Twodogs
22-01-2016, 11:32 PM
He is not their lawyer as such. As Dogs president, he would take an interest in any legal matters that involve players and club employees. He is protecting their interests and, by extension, the club's interests.

He's a lawyer giving his opinion on a legal matter on a regular radio spot to promote the club. We are the only club that gets a weekly voice on 774 I think? Certainly on the morning show.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2016, 11:34 PM

Can't agree with that logic. Protecting two individuals interests is not the same as protecting the clubs interest. Not even close.

LostDoggy
22-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Can't agree with that logic. Protecting two individuals interests is not the same as protecting the clubs interest. Not even close.

If Crameri is rubbed out for a year and Gordon reckons the process could have been flawed, he advises that Crameri could appeal and potentially be available to play. Surely that is clearly in the clubs interest (not just close to it).

Webby
22-01-2016, 11:43 PM
Pretty ordinary effort by SEN today to try to define what PG Said today as being contradictory to what he said on behalf of the 17 presidents a couple of years back.

The first caller pretty much shot the whole thing down in flames, however, as it would've destroyed their segment, the SEN boys defended their stance with irrational determination.

Fact is, Crammeri has been protected and looked after far more thoroughly and wisely by our club than he has been by Essendon. All of their players were exposed to unacceptable risk (obviously before and during, but also after the whole affair!) in a futile attempt to save J Hird's reputation.

Gordon's point, as I heard it, was that the crude assertion that ALL Essendon players failed to declare that they were taking supplements is inaccurate. It unfairly besmirched those players who, in fact, were never asked to fill out any declaration form. I believe Crammeri and Prismall were two players who fit that category.

Therefore, Gordon is simply doing what he's chartered to do as a VOLUNTEER (ie free of charge!) servant to our club and our players. That is STANDING UP FOR THEM!

it's not a bad way to be. Not a bad reputation to build as a strong, well administered club. With a strong figurehead!

There's more to the whole thing than the above, but this is what I took from the segment I heard whilst driving home up Footscray Road. Piss poor radio.

Greystache
22-01-2016, 11:49 PM
It's not that uncommon. There's a group of philosophers, ethists and high brow folk that say all doping drugs should be legal, so then all athletes can be on a level playing field, so there's no drugs cheats anymore and we can see just how quick humans can really swim or run since that's the point of sport.

And then there's me calling them dickheads.

And those people should be discredited and ignored completely. Some time back there was a survey done of Olympians that asked if there was a performance enhancing drug that could guarantee a gold medal but would kill you in 10 years would you take it. 90% said yes. They asked if the same drug could guarantee gold but would kill you in 5 would you take it, 50% said yes. So what if people like Dank and Hird came up with something that guaranteed gold but would kill you in 2 years? Should gold then be reserved exclusively for those that have nothing else to live for?

PED's need to be banned full stop and those that breach should get smashed. No debate!

LostDoggy
22-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Those who are truly concerned about the fight against drugs in sport should be more concerned about the process than whether these guys are found innocent or guilty. Getting the process right is more important in the long run.

Twodogs
23-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Pretty ordinary effort by SEN today to try to define what PG Said today as being contradictory to what he said on behalf of the 17 presidents a couple of years back.

The first caller pretty much shot the whole thing down in flames, however, as it would've destroyed their segment, the SEN boys defended their stance with irrational determination.

Fact is, Crammeri has been protected and looked after far more thoroughly and wisely by our club than he has been by Essendon. All of their players were exposed to unacceptable risk (obviously before and during, but also after the whole affair!) in a futile attempt to save J Hird's reputation.

Gordon's point, as I heard it, was that the crude assertion that ALL Essendon players failed to declare that they were taking supplements is inaccurate. It unfairly besmirched those players who, in fact, were never asked to fill out any declaration form. I believe Crammeri and Prismall were two players who fit that category.

Therefore, Gordon is simply doing what he's chartered to do as a VOLUNTEER (ie free of charge!) servant to our club and our players. That is STANDING UP FOR THEM!

it's not a bad way to be. Not a bad reputation to build as a strong, well administered club. With a strong figurehead!

There's more to the whole thing than the above, but this is what I took from the segment I heard whilst driving home up Footscray Road. Piss poor radio.

Gordon had a few examples of answers and actions of a few being represented as the actions of the entire group.

Things like court actions the players had no part in, court actions the players got specific leave from the court to say they had no part in, used by WADA against the players saying the actions were only delaying tactics.

Twodogs
23-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Those who are truly concerned about the fight against drugs in sport should be more concerned about the process than whether these guys are found innocent or guilty. Getting the process right is more important in the long run.

Precisely. What if someone spikes Jake Stringers drink one night? Are we happy to have him judged by this process?

Greystache
23-01-2016, 01:55 AM
Precisely. What if someone spikes Jake Stringers drink one night? Are we happy to have him judged by this process?

If they can demonstrate a clear supply chain, willingness to comply with an intake program, and an attempt to cover up his behaviour? Absolutely.

bornadog
17-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Peter's guest this morning is Dan McGinlay (Banner writer)

bornadog
17-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Peter's guest this morning is Dan McGinlay (Banner writer)

Basically what Dan spoke about here (http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs/western-bulldogs-banners-comedian-danny-mcginlay-reveals-rejected-slogans/news-story/d4319de150c2563155be1241cd2f19aa?from=public_rss)

Twodogs
17-06-2016, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed it. I love how he is starting various wars. He said that Port banner on the weekend about bulldogs and fleas was in response to our banner from last year but he had a better handle on what that was.

comrade
17-06-2016, 05:14 PM
I enjoyed it. I love how he is starting various wars. He said that Port banner on the weekend about bulldogs and fleas was in response to our banner from last year but he had a better handle on what that was.

Anything that livens up the stodgy old banner is a good thing.

It's kind of a pointless tradition if it just has some generic message on it. Something with a bit of bite gives the humble banner the relevance it hasn't had for a long time and I'm glad we're leading the way.

Also, putting a marketing hat on, getting our logo and brand out there - which this increased media awareness has done - can only be a good thing.

bornadog
17-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Anything that livens up the stodgy old banner is a good thing.

It's kind of a pointless tradition if it just has some generic message on it. Something with a bit of bite gives the humble banner the relevance it hasn't had for a long time and I'm glad we're leading the way.

Also, putting a marketing hat on, getting our logo and brand out there - which this increased media awareness has done - can only be a good thing.

The other thing I love is the way the cheer squad has made flaps to run through on the Banner, instead of the players lifting up the banner and ducking underneath.

Twodogs
18-06-2016, 06:57 AM
The other things Danny mentions is he has a 50 character limit and he can't have too many 'W's. The woman who cuts out the letters says that W's are the hardest. Thinking about the same would go for Ms too.

Twodogs
20-06-2016, 06:39 PM
The other things Danny mentions is he has a 50 character limit and he can't have too many 'W's. The woman who cuts out the letters says that W's are the hardest. Thinking about the same would go for Ms too.

A couple of things occurred to me about this W business. Why couldn't you just count the number of Ws, fold the paper and then cut ot as many as you needed, after all it's only crepe paper and it can't be easy limiting Ws when it's for the Western Bulldogs.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Yes and 'W' is symmetrical so could fold the paper in half, cut and print. Actually the letters must be computer generated and the problem must be just cutting out the background. Surely not a major effort for Dan's wit and the Bulldogs benefit.

Twodogs
22-06-2016, 10:01 PM
The letters are Brenda generated, I think Dan said her name was Brenda. She cuts the letters out by hand on Thursday night so she has limited him to 50 words or less on the banners.

bornadog
29-07-2016, 11:39 AM
ABC Radio Melbourne ‏@774melbourne
#TomBoyd paycut? "Tom doesn't read that stuff, and we don't either.. it hasn't cost us a single player" Peter Gordon @westernbulldogs

ABC Radio Melbourne ‏@774melbourne
Mitch Wallis: "They were distressing scenes.. I'm proud of our doctors for how they managed that situation" Peter Gordon #Faine

bornadog
26-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Bevo joining Peter this morning on 774 at 9.30

comrade
26-08-2016, 09:47 AM

A summary would be much appreciated BAD.

bornadog
26-08-2016, 11:07 AM

A summary would be much appreciated BAD.

* Asked about Harvey. We had a list management meeting yesterday and didn't discuss him. List mgt is a moving beast depends on performance in finals which could change things - so who who knows (Harvey) at end of year.

* We want to retain every one on list but have to turn over 3. This could happen through trades, picks, etc

* What are challenges in list? - Redpath going down, need a replacement that can take some marks, compliment TBoyd and also need another ruck. If there is an opportunity out there we will look at it.

* what about Jaeger - no he is not what we need.

* Will you approach Sunday any differently after knowing results of other games. No, we will approach as a normal H&A. We are aiming for 4th if results go our way.

* Stringer - What do you say to him. Its a challenging one. We have asked him to focus on specific areas and what he needs to do. We won't make that public

* What do you think about week off. Although this year it is an advantage to us, I am not for it. It does give a slight advantage to teams on 5-8 compared to previous years. We always aim for top 2 as we can then have a home ground advantage.

* Can you watch a game and just enjoy it. Yes, I love watching footy. I like what the Saints and Demons have done this year and they have a good future.

* Do you watch other codes - Yes go to soccer with Shane Delia to watch Melb. City, enjoy NFL - Pits. Steelers is my team. Always admired mean Joe Green. Great bloke off the field but when on he crossed the line. My dad tried to always instill this into me Also watch a bit of Rugby league.

Note Minson in team - what of his future beyond finals. Yes he has a role to play and is in our plans.

Eastdog
26-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Cheers BAD. Good summary.

The Doctor
26-08-2016, 12:19 PM
I was quite concerned about the fued thats been bubbling away between Gordon and Bevo.

They have been feuding over the mighty Leo Sayer. Gordon preferring Leo before he became a commercial favourite and hammered home that point.

comrade
26-08-2016, 12:21 PM
I was quite concerned about the fued thats been bubbling away between Gordon and Bevo.

They have been feuding over the mighty Leo Sayer. Gordon preferring Leo before he became a commercial favourite and hammered home that point.

Bevo will fall in line. They always do.

bornadog
26-08-2016, 12:44 PM

One thing about Bevo, bad taste in music.:D

ledge
26-08-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm a little confused, we need another ruckman but haven't used Minson all year !
I suppose Goetz was supposed to be that fill in.
Minson is in our plans but we still don't use him ?
I hope he is in our plans I think he is more a true ruckman than anyone else on our list.

Looks like it will only be three who go. And they will be unlucky they really rate this list and so do I.
Unlike Hardwicks thoughts on his list fact is we do have a good list.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-08-2016, 01:04 PM
I hope we don't go after Lobbe.

I also hope this doesn't mean we've conceded losing Campbell.

Perhaps a Cloke/Witts package deal is in the works.

Eastdog
26-08-2016, 01:06 PM
I hope we don't go after Lobbe.

I also hope this doesn't mean we've conceded losing Campbell.

Perhaps a Cloke/Witts package deal is in the works.

If we do acquire Cloke who knows a new start maybe is what he needs.

AndrewP6
26-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Minno is in our plans (just not as a player?)

bornadog
26-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Minno is in our plans (just not as a player?)

Coach?

Mofra
26-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Trade.
"In our plans" - deliberately vague.

bornadog
26-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Trade.
"In our plans" - deliberately vague.

Probably more like it.