LostDoggy
01-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I will be there for the opening at 5.15

AndrewP6
01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Nope, will have to wait till I have a chance to get over there

Eastdog
01-03-2013, 09:02 PM
On my birthday but unfortunately won't be able too. Also hard as I don't have my licence. Look forward to seeing what woofers report back from the opening.

Raw Toast
01-03-2013, 09:03 PM
With bells on!

GVGjr
01-03-2013, 09:50 PM
We were given a sneak peak last night. You won't be disappointed.

SonofScray
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Have had a few walk throughs and it has been beautifully presented. Hoping to get along.

ledge
02-03-2013, 09:19 PM
I looked at it family day , wonder it they added anything

LostDoggy
04-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Must go over for an iced coffee & a wander through. :)

Nuggety Back Pocket
04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
This was a tremendous opening to the Club's new Museum. Fine speeches from Club President Peter Gordon, Legend John Schultz and Robert Murphy. Members of our '54 premiership in Stevens, Gallagher, Stockman and Abbey were acknowledged. A highlight for me was to see the sons of Club greats, Norman Ware Arthur Olliver Charlie Sutton Ted Whitten and Jack Collins in attendance. I saw former star players in steve Power Alan Stoneham Ian Morrison Ross Abbey Ian Bryant Ray Baxter and Owen Madigan there.Current players were also active on the night with skipper Matthew Boyd leading the charge.Full marks to CEO Simon Garlick and life member and Staff member Rachel Murphy making this initiative such an important asset of our proud club.

bornadog
05-03-2013, 12:02 AM
This was a tremendous opening to the Club's new Museum. Fine speeches from Club President Peter Gordon, Legend John Schultz and Robert Murphy. Members of our '54 premiership in Stevens, Gallagher, Stockman and Abbey were acknowledged. A highlight for me was to see the sons of Club greats, Norman Ware Arthur Olliver Charlie Sutton Ted Whitten and Jack Collins in attendance. I saw former star players in steve Power Alan Stoneham Ian Morrison Ross Abbey Ian Bryant Ray Baxter and Owen Madigan there.Current players were also active on the night with skipper Matthew Boyd leading the charge.Full marks to CEO Simon Garlick and life member and Staff member Rachel Murphy making this initiative such an important asset of our proud club.

Was this event invitation only? Or could anyone go. I didn't see anything on emails or the clubwebsite

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Was this event invitation only? Or could anyone go. I didn't see anything on emails or the clubwebsite

My understanding was that it was by invitation only but if you get an opportunity to visit the Whitten Oval, it is well worth a look on the ground level. Two other well known former players in attendance were Tony Liberatore and Rick Kennedy.

craigsahibee
05-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Can't wait to get over there to have a look.

bornadog
05-03-2013, 06:07 PM
History on display (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-03-05/history-on-display)

Club greats Chris Grant, John Schultz and Tony Liberatore were among 200 VIP guests at Whitten Oval last night for the much anticipated opening of the Bulldogs Museum.

“The dream of a Bulldogs Museum is finally a reality,” President Peter Gordon said last night.

“Our relationship with Whitten Oval - our spiritual ground - is unique, we are extremely fortunate because we have preserved and progressed so much. The new Museum allows us to celebrate the past and move forward with confidence,” Gordon said.

Bulldogs Chief Executive, Simon Garlick, was equally thrilled by the opening.

“Our quest for a Museum started in 2005. Since then, our heritage committee, together with the Forever Foundation, have been working tirelessly on preserving, archiving and cataloguing our memorabilia, so it’s been a long journey and we are extremely excited by the outcome,” Garlick said.

Past players, Life Members, patrons and special guests gathered for the official opening of the Museum which will be open to the public.

Members and fans now have the opportunity to get down to Whitten Oval and get up close and personal with the prized 1954 Premiership Cup as well as various other items of memorabilia showcasing the history of the Club since its inception 130 years ago.

The Whitten Oval precinct now includes:

Twelve themed cabinets with artefacts from our collection celebrating our icons, Brownlow medallists and various era’s;
A Decade Wall showcasing the history of the Club from the 1880’s to today;
A Hall of Fame display honouring those whose involvement and contribution to our club has been significant, memorable and worthy of celebration; and
A number of paintings including the Team of the Century and the Warriors of the West by the country’s premier sports artist Jamie Cooper.
The club also took the opportunity to launch the Bulldogs Bequest Society at the event with Chief Executive Simon Garlick expressing the importance of the program and its role in assisting the long-term security of the Club.

“The Bulldogs Bequest Society is another important strategy for the club to look after its long-term future, to forever ensure our children, grandchildren and generations to come have the same opportunity to experience something great and be a part of something special: the red, white and blue,” Garlick said. For more information on the Bequest Program, please click here.

Entry to the Museum is FREE to all, a gold coin donation is encouraged.

Opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm

Saturday: 9.00am - 2.00pm

Go_Dogs
05-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Great post NBP, much appreciated. Sounds like a great night.

Eastdog
06-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Great post NBP, much appreciated. Sounds like a great night.

Ditto.

bornadog
12-03-2013, 05:24 PM
cQqSVqxuTuk

Eastdog
12-03-2013, 08:06 PM
cQqSVqxuTuk

Thanks for putting the video up BAD. Was trying to get it up last week but it wasn't working properly. Hopefully in the future we see more premiership cups in the cabinets.

craigsahibee
15-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I had a walk through the museum this morning. Some great club history on display.

Hopefully the digital department at Whitten Oval can put together an interactive display to engage some of our younger fans.

A compilation of you tube clips and archival footage amongst other media would be a great addition in my opinion.

WBFC4FFC
18-03-2013, 06:48 PM
I had a walk through the museum this morning. Some great club history on display.

Hopefully the digital department at Whitten Oval can put together an interactive display to engage some of our younger fans.

A compilation of you tube clips and archival footage amongst other media would be a great addition in my opinion.

Yeah, the Museum is a great start. A mate of mine who has helped set it up says there is plenty more to be done to make it bigger and better.

My missus enjoyed it - and she doesn't even follow the footy!

bornadog
15-01-2016, 04:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYuk-BNU0AAU9SF.jpg

Some additions to the Bulldog Museum to incorporate the women's team.

Twodogs
15-01-2016, 04:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYuk-BNU0AAU9SF.jpg

Some additions to the Bulldog Museum to incorporate the women's team.

Good stuff.

Bulldog4life
15-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Good stuff.

And the Bummers put their hand up to have a Women's team in 2017......what a joke.