PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with our club and boys.

LostDoggy
14-03-2013, 09:19 PM
My youngest son (14) was part of the Point Cook Football Club football academy (an extra training program run over the summer break).
Last night was the final training session and we where told that there would be a couple of doggies players there to present the certificates.

Thought the club would send one or two of the least unknown players for a quick five minutes but was very impressed and proud when Michael Talia, Mark Austin and Jordan Roughead arrived, then Adam Cooney.

The four boys spent about 10-15 minutes training with the kids, then 5-10 minutes introducing themselves and answering questions (Cooney made a joke about Roughy being fullback and maybe now the oppositions full forward maybe played on a little closer than before). Back into training with the boys for another 10 before singing autographs, which took a while.

I stood by Roughy and chatted while he signed, he said he enjoyed getting out with kids and knew it was important for the club. I asked if he was a bit overwhelmed/nervous when offered Lakeys' position, he said no, he was just really excited.
We discussed Macca, and how much of a teacher he is, Roughy said he is very strategic.
Everyone is so happy to have Morris back and how fit he is, I said we love Murph, he said everyone loves Murph!:)
He mentioned Goodes, I got the impression that they are very impressed with him, can't remember the exact words.

If I remember anything else I will add it in.

Oh, and Rough said he thinks the team will surprise a few this year!

westdog54
14-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Fantasic read. Glad to see the club is making an effort in Point Cook and that the players are making time not just for the kids but for the supporters in general.

Thanks for sharing.

EasternWest
14-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Seems strange that our club would send an Adelaide player ;).

Good to read. Getting amongst the community and making a good impression is the best way to get new supporters on board.

Go_Dogs
14-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Great post meshe, thanks.

Topdog
14-03-2013, 11:12 PM
great to read something like that. It is something that I feel we have been poor at in recent years.

bornadog
14-03-2013, 11:28 PM
So important to connect with the kids, glad your son enjoyed it and hope the other boys did as well.

Ghost Dog
14-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Agree I think we will surprise a few. Predicting 9 wins.

Twodogs
15-03-2013, 09:06 AM
It's terrific to hear that the club's players take the time out and dont just go through the motions. Very happy to hear that the players are fairly upbeat about the season too.

Was it Whitten Oval last (thursday) night? I drove over Mt Mistake around 4ish and saw a bunch of kids out on the ground-whilst being very careful not to drive into the car in front of me.:D

Maddog37
15-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Nice to read a little snippet of positivity. Things have been pretty dire for a while.

LostDoggy
15-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Nice to read a little snippet of positivity. Things have been pretty dire for a while.

These things likely happen every week, and have been forever. It's only the focus that needs to change.

LostDoggy
15-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Was it Whitten Oval last (thursday) night? I drove over Mt Mistake around 4ish and saw a bunch of kids out on the ground-whilst being very careful not to drive into the car in front of me.:D

No, it was at our home ground, Saltwater at Point Cook last night.

I'm often concerned about being distracted when I drive near Whitten!!