PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog to have X-ray on possible broken rib

bornadog
17-03-2013, 11:49 PM
link (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bulldog-to-have-xray-on-possible-broken-rib-20130317-2g8v5.html)

Western Bulldogs recruit Koby Stevens will have an X-ray this week to determine whether he broke a rib in Saturday's practice game loss to Richmond at Visy Park.
Stevens received a heavy knock to the side when a teammate and opponent fell over him and he was taken to the rooms, although he returned to the field soon after.
The Bulldogs think the injury is only bruising but will send the midfielder for further tests ahead of their round-one clash against Brisbane on Saturday week.

Stevens, 21, is keen to restart his AFL career after managing just 11 games in three seasons at West Coast before seeking a trade last year and returning to his home state.

The Bulldogs will consider adding forward Shaun Higgins and defender Easton Wood to the side to take on the Lions at Etihad Stadium despite the pair being rested from the nine-point loss to the Tigers.

Greystache
17-03-2013, 11:59 PM
I hope for Koby the scan comes back clear, he's had a good preseason and deserves a spot in round 1.

ratsmac
18-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Fingers crossed that he will be fine. Gee I hope we don't have another Williams /Higgins that is injury prone. 11 games in 3 seasons with a lot to do with being injured and he starts off with us with a possible broken rib in a practice match, poor bloke miss a trick. I hope he's just bruised.

LostDoggy
18-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Poor Higgins and Tommy, their name gets rolled out at every injury update :) whether they're fine or not.

He'll (Koby'll) be righters…

F'scary
18-03-2013, 01:32 PM
The Earthquake is shak'n. Shak'n Stevens. GWS = Get Well Soon

Go_Dogs
18-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I hope for Koby the scan comes back clear, he's had a good preseason and deserves a spot in round 1.

Agreed, terribly unfortunate time to suffer an injury and I think he's showed enough to suggest he'll be a solid contributor this year. Hope we see him out there round 1.

Remi Moses
18-03-2013, 08:05 PM
The injury report just cleared him of a break.
Good News