PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee- Round 2 vs Fremantle

Greystache
30-03-2013, 09:36 AM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for next Saturday's game against Fremantle at Etihad Stadium?

A brief explanation for your changes would be good.

Greystache
30-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Any changes for next week?

divvydan
30-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Saw Stevens was hobbling after being subbed, so depending on how he pulls up there might be a change.

GVGjr
30-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Both Williams and Wood suggested they will play for Williamstown next week. Talia might be a chance if we feel we need an extra tall.

I don't anyone needs to be dropped so it probably comes down to match-ups and team balance

The Bulldogs Bite
30-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Apparently Stevens is going for scans, but they think he'll be right.

Match-ups permitting I wouldn't expect many (or any) changes.

G-Mo77
30-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Stevens has a Hammy concern so that might be an issue.

Scraggers
30-03-2013, 08:21 PM

I know you don't always believe the Presser, but B-Mac said it was a corky.

G-Mo77
30-03-2013, 08:59 PM
I know you don't always believe the Presser, but B-Mac said it was a corky.

I was just going on the guy sitting behind me who heard something on the radio. If it's just a corky then he should be fine.

jazzadogs
31-03-2013, 12:57 AM
I was hoping Stringer would get his chance next week, but after today's performance I'm happy to wait a bit longer!

SlimPickens
31-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Will be interesting to see how Dahl pulls up, that looked like a nasty corky.

Would go in unchanged if we have a clean bill of health.

GVGjr
31-03-2013, 01:38 AM

I think Macca said it was a cramp.

jeemak
31-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Will be interesting to see how Dahl pulls up, that looked like a nasty corky.

Would go in unchanged if we have a clean bill of health.

He ran it out though, I believe (I know you can't "run out" a corkie, but the really bad ones keep you off the ground). Hopefully he pulls up ok.

LostDoggy
31-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Swap the subs around. Start Clay this week.

Jonesy would have Jake in his rear view mirror.

SlimPickens
31-03-2013, 09:28 AM
He ran it out though, I believe (I know you can't "run out" a corkie, but the really bad ones keep you off the ground). Hopefully he pulls up ok.

"Running it out" doesn't necessarily slow the bleeding. He'll be a sore boy this morning and will need to be managed accordingly. I think he should be right but would be surprised if he isn't.

Greystache
31-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I can't see many changes this week, barring Dahlhaus or Stevens not getting up for the game. It sounds like no one at Williamstown has really put their hand up.

Start Smith and and make Stevens the sub to lighten his workload. Our balance was excellent this week and I really liked that we didn't have any players who can't win a contest.

DragzLS1
01-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Start smith as mentioned. Other then that no change

I like how we have lower and picken who are both very good taggers but can damage the opposition.

Bring on freeo think we have something to prove after our 100 point loss a few weeks ago

Any big outs for freeo this week?

G-Mo77
01-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Ballantyne is out.

Pavlich had surgery on his hand but is expected to play.

Sandilands also an obvious one.

Rocco Jones
01-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Yeah no change other than for injury.

If we are forced into a change I would go with Tutt to bring us some run but really would love to stick with structure from Round 1.

jazzadogs
01-04-2013, 01:10 AM
If Stevens and/or Dahlhaus don't get up, I'd love to see Macrae get a crack at it. Tutt would probably be next in line?

stefoid
01-04-2013, 01:39 AM

I think he might have copped it in the sciatic (spel?) nerve at the back of the leg - would give him a really painful dead leg, but not necessarily any damage in itself.

If Stevens cant play, bring in Stringer as the sub I reckon.

Just watched the reply and I noticed a lot of stuff Cordy was doing that I didnt notice from the stands. Blocks and tackles and such. I think him and Jones might get some real chemistry going. He might not be the the best pack mark going around but he seems like a smart player, and at 202cm the opposition cant ignore him. I think we just need to be patient and see if we can get a 'twin towers' thing happening for us, finally.

Greystache
01-04-2013, 01:42 AM
If Stevens and/or Dahlhaus don't get up, I'd love to see Macrae get a crack at it.

He got in the best players for Williamstown today so I'd expect him to be at the front of the queue.

ratsmac
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
I think he might have copped it in the sciatic (spel?) nerve at the back of the leg - would give him a really painful dead leg, but not necessarily any damage in itself.

Just watched the reply and I noticed a lot of stuff Cordy was doing that I didnt notice from the stands. Blocks and tackles and such. I think him and Jones might get some real chemistry going. He might not be the the best pack mark going around but he seems like a smart player, and at 202cm the opposition cant ignore him. I think we just need to be patient and see if we can get a 'twin towers' thing happening for us, finally.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the replay. Cordy has a long way to go before he becomes a formidable forward but he is working really hard off the ball for his team mates. This is what you want to see from your young players. I've always been a fan of McCartney and I think this is an example of his coaching coming to the fore. It was great to see him kick a couple goals, and he would've had probably 4 if he held those sitter chest marks.

bulldogsman
02-04-2013, 02:05 PM
He got in the best players for Williamstown today so I'd expect him to be at the front of the queue.

Yep, Macrae was the 3rd best player for Willi on what I saw. Tutt would be a chance as well.

Stringer isn't ready yet.

bornadog
04-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I expect no changes for this week.

Cyberdoggie
04-04-2013, 02:52 PM

He was very good early in the match, i was very surprised as i hadn't seen him do anything like that before. He did start to drop a few marks he should of taken but overall it was easily his best game.

Jones i thought was back to his best in regards to defensive efforts. Last year he didn't apply much pressure where he had in previous years. Jones's efforts set the tone in the forward line early. The dissapointing part was his marking, still running under the ball, but i think this is largely due to Merrett. If Jones struggles to mark early then he starts running under the ball and trying to find other ways to mark the ball out of frustration, and it doesn't work. He needs to work on his smarts and know that providing a contest is far better than running under the ball and not even getting a hand on it.

No changes for me, I'd like Smith starting this week, maybe Stevens as the sub.

bornadog
04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
No changes for me, I'd like Smith starting this week, maybe Stevens as the sub.

Good call, especially since his last two games he has been under an injury cloud.