PDA

View Full Version : Future Father/Sons

Pages : [1] 2 3

bulldogsman
02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Anyone have any info?

Noticed Zaine Cordy played on the weekend for Geelong. I believe he is eligible for next year.
Josh Wallis (also eligible for next year) isn't in Calder's squad.

G-Mo77
02-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure they're both available next draft.

I read somewhere there is a McPherson as well.

bulldogsman
02-04-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure they're both available next draft.

I read somewhere there is a McPherson as well.

By this article they were playing under 15's and that was in 2011. So it should mean they will be eligible in the 2014 draft going by my calculations.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-monitor-family-ties-as-liberatore-shines/story-e6frepio-1226031645801

Can't find any mention of McPherson, doesn't appear on this future father son team

What a future Western Bulldogs father-son team may look like
FB: Riley Morris (Dale), Cohen Lake (Brian), Mitchell Croft (Matthew)
HB: Lachlan Hunter (Mark), Luke Kennedy (Rick), Jayden Foster (Peter)
C: Ricky Hawkins (Doug), Mitch Wallis (Steve), Jacob Smith (Rohan)
HF: Jarvis Murphy (Bob), Oliver Grant (Chris), Josh Wallis (Steve)
FF: Tom Garlick (Simon), Will Beasley (Simon), Jack Johnson (C) (Brad)
R: Ayce Cordy (Brian), Tom Liberatore (Tony), Jaxon Cooney (Adam)
I/C: Sam Darcy (Luke), Kyan Eagleton (Nathan), Zaine Cordy (Brian), Harry Cameron (Leon)
EMG: Tyler Cross (Daniel), Cooper West (Scott), Rhylee West (Scott)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/localfooty/picks-of-the-litter/story-fn53khop-1226046424487

G-Mo77
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Found a list, here is what players are eligible over the next 2 years

Zaine Cordy – (2014 Draft)
Josh Wallis – (2014 Draft)
Darcy MacPherson - (2015 Draft)
Jacob Smith (2015 Draft)

2018 was next on the list when Ryhlee West is eligible

Will Beasley was eligible last draft but went onto rowing. I believe Luke Kennedy & Jayden Foster were also eligible but passed up.

bulldogsman
03-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Cheers G-Mo77

I just did a quick google search. Jayden Foster appears to be on Calder's list this year and from what I can gather he is eligible this year.

The Cannons boast a number of father-son prospects including Joel Madden, the son of Carlton great Justin Madden; Charlie Williams, the son of Brownlow medalist Greg ‘Diesel’ Williams; Daniel Thompson, the son of Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson; James Barnes, the son of Geelong ruckman John and Jayden Foster, the son of former Bulldog Peter Foster.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3020-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=22788037

Unable to find anything on Kennedy. Also eligible this year by this list (http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=54853.0)

LostDog
05-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I have dug through the archives t see if I could find the father son link but couldn't find It or over looked it.

Has anyone got there eye on the following
Luke Kennedy - (2013 Draft)
Jayden Foster - (2013 Draft)
Zaine Cordy - (2014 Draft)
Josh Wallis - (2014 Draft)

Bulldog Revolution
06-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Great article, and fun for supporters to think about the prospects of the so many sons of guns playing for the club

always right
07-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Don't forget Picken has twin daughters. By the time they are 17 girls might be able to play AFL:D

Hotdog60
07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Don't forget Picken has twin daughters. By the time they are 17 girls might be able to play AFL:D

They way the rules are changing it will be a non contact sport and you will be right.

F'scary
07-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Zaine "The Insane" Cordy. 'Zaine "Asylum" Cordy. "Zany" Zaine Cordy. I like it. Hire him.

bulldogsman
07-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Zaine in the best players for Geelong today, looks like he's playing as a defender by the team sheet.
Foster also played for Calder today apparently.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-04-2013, 12:43 AM
What height is Zaine?

AndrewP6
08-04-2013, 02:51 AM
What height is Zaine?

191 cm according to this (http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-3020-111704-0-0&sID=246248&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=19071882)

Mantis
08-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Jayden Foster is a big boy, saw him last year at the footy with his dad and he had a couple of inches on him.

always right
08-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Jayden Foster is a big boy, saw him last year at the footy with his dad and he had a couple of inches on him.

But can he play?

KT31
08-04-2013, 05:51 PM
But can he play?

Hasn't stopped us taking them in the past.:D

bulldogtragic
14-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Noticed young Zaine Cordy was named in the bests for his last two matches in the TAC cup. Encouraging signs, plus he's 191cms and apparently quite athletic.

Bulldog4life
14-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Noticed young Zaine Cordy was named in the bests for his last two matches in the TAC cup. Encouraging signs, plus he's 191cms and apparently quite athletic.

Read somewhere too that he is in the Vic Country squad.

bulldogtragic
17-05-2013, 05:51 PM
He was in the initial squad, but didn't make the final list I read on the ZC website. So according to the powers that be, he's not in the top 40 players in the Vic country region. Can you rookie a father son, or must it be on the senior list, probably in this case, the last round/spot??

lemmon
17-05-2013, 05:52 PM
He was in the initial squad, but didn't make the final list I read on the ZC website. So according to the powers that be, he's not in the top 40 players in the Vic country region. Can you rookie a father son, or must it be on the senior list, probably in this case, the last round/spot??

Isn't he an underager anyway? Not eligible this year

bulldogtragic
17-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Isn't he an underager anyway? Not eligible this year
I think I might have gone premature, actually. Will check his DOB.

EDIT: right on Lem. Still has a year to impress, shame he couldn't make the final cut for VC. Maybe next year with a few more cm's and kg's.

LostDog
21-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Not a father / Son

But saw the nephew of Terry Wheeler played in the VFL rep side
Willie Wheeler, any news on this kid maybe a rookie selection?

Greystache
21-05-2013, 01:06 AM
Not a father / Son

He's playing for Williamstown this year, moved over from Coburg. Been in the best players a couple of times.

KT31
21-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Not a father / Son

If there was ever a name for a cartoon squirrel.:D

bulldogtragic
22-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Update:

Zaine Cordy (bottom ager) has come back from a shin injury. Played for the Falcons against Gippsland, didn't get a lot of footy, but laid 6 tackles.

Luke Kennedy fell out with the 10 tenors and came runner up in the voice (seriously, that's the closest I can find to info on him)

Josh Wallis (bottom ager) is still at St Kev's, playing ok footy at this level.

Jayden Foster is interesting. 194cm, good build, played 3 TAC Cup matches so far this year. Last match against a weak opposition, he played CHF picking up 15 touches, 7 marks (2 cont) and three goals straight. The coach said "Foster had a genuine impact at centre half-forward, presented hard all day and took marks fairly regularly". But Jayden hasn't been seen since the break, and I can't find out why.

Bulldog4life
22-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Update:

Zaine Cordy (bottom ager) has come back from a shin injury. Played for the Falcons against Gippsland, didn't get a lot of footy, but laid 6 tackles.

Luke Kennedy fell out with the 10 tenors and came runner up in the voice (seriously, that's the closest I can find to info on him)

Josh Wallis (bottom ager) is still at St Kev's, playing ok footy at this level.

Jayden Foster is interesting. 194cm, good build, played 3 TAC Cup matches so far this year. Last match against a weak opposition, he played CHF picking up 15 touches, 7 marks (2 cont) and three goals straight. The coach said "Foster had a genuine impact at centre half-forward, presented hard all day and took marks fairly regularly". But Jayden hasn't been seen since the break, and I can't find out why.

Thanks for the info BT.

LostDoggy
22-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Are there any more Liberatore's in the stable?

SlimPickens
22-07-2013, 10:53 PM

Yes, he is about 12 years old.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Under 12's, playing rep footy with young Kellett (who is also F/S, just, his dad played 101 games for us!).

Both named in the bests for the recent inter-league carnival.

bulldogtragic
23-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Just checked Darcy McPherson, under 16's this year. Virtually top 3 for his team all season.

Finished with 10 votes in the NFL B&F last year, one ahead of Aydan Hrovat who is captain of Mill Park (like Nathan was).

Twodogs
23-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes, he is about 12 years old.

One that plays footy called Oliver. I saw him him play once a few years ago. It was only under 11s but he dominated. He did some really freakish things.

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 10:49 AM
And Geelong has a bevy of riches for the next two decades with 31 budding young footballers aged between six months and 19. At this stage the club doesn’t have a father/son Academy, unlike the Western Bulldogs and Essendon

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-has-a-raft-of-potential-father-son-picks-in-the-future/story-fni5f6yf-1226717999156

Where is this Academy? I know that the club keeps tabs/has potential F/S's down to the club in the years beforehand.

craigsahibee
13-09-2013, 11:29 AM
And Geelong has a bevy of riches for the next two decades with 31 budding young footballers aged between six months and 19. At this stage the club doesn’t have a father/son Academy, unlike the Western Bulldogs and Essendon

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-has-a-raft-of-potential-father-son-picks-in-the-future/story-fni5f6yf-1226717999156

Where is this Academy? I know that the club keeps tabs/has potential F/S's down to the club in the years beforehand.

Just had a quick scan of the article and noticed that former Cat and Tiger Kent Kingsley named his son Boston. Boston Kingsley? He must subscribe to the Posh & Becks theory of naming their children after the town they were conceived in, or he is just plain nuts.;).

If this trend gains momentum I will be looking forward to the first "Wagga Wagga" to play in the AFL.

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! There might be another Foster running around in the red, white and blue. :)

JAYDEN Foster started his late push as a possible father-son prospect for the Western Bulldogs with a four-goal haul for the Calder Cannons at the weekend.

In only his fourth game for the Cannons this season, Foster impressed with his leading and finishing skills inside 50, playing an important role in his side's semi-final win over the Western Jets on Sunday.

The 194cm and 87kg forward is the son of former Bulldogs tall forward Peter, who played 163 games for the club between 1983-93, and won the best and fairest in 1990. Peter also played seven games for Fitzroy between 1980-82.

In 1988, Foster polled 14 votes in the Brownlow Medal to finish equal fifth in the count.

His son, who is eligible for this year's NAB AFL Draft, has barely been sighted this season after dealing with a foot injury.

Calder region manager Ian Kyte said the injury forced Foster out of action for almost 10 weeks, having kicked three goals and taken seven marks against the Queensland Scorpions in May.

It was his fourth TAC Cup game of the year.

"He did a heap of rehab trying to get the injury right, and trained with us over the last three weeks. He was close last week but our conditioning guys just wanted to let him try to get through another week of training," Kyte said.

"His hands were very good and he's a reliable shot for goal. He's been a slower developer and has grown in the last couple of years, and that little bit of extra height certainly assists him."

The Bulldogs have kept tabs on Foster's progress throughout the year.

Under the father-son rule, if the 18-year-old nominates for the draft but is not selected, the Bulldogs can pre-select him for the rookie draft.

Foster is seen as an outside chance to be drafted given his limited appearances this season, but he is also eligible as a father-son pick next year.

The Bulldogs have benefited from the rule in recent seasons, last year picking Lachie Hunter (son of Mark), and drafting Tom Liberatore (son of Tony) and Mitch Wallis (son of Steve) in 2010.

Ayce Cordy, son of former Bulldog Brian Cordy, was drafted in 2008.

Mofra
13-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Just had a quick scan of the article and noticed that former Cat and Tiger Kent Kingsley named his son Boston. Boston Kingsley? He must subscribe to the Posh & Becks theory of naming their children after the town they were conceived in, or he is just plain nuts.;).
His younger sister Holden Backseat Kingsley really lucked out

Bulldog4life
25-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Future father-son prospects at Whitten Oval

Some famous Bulldog names returned to Whitten Oval today in the form of father-son prospects Zane Cordy, Michael Romero and Darcy MacPherson. The boys were put through their paces in a special clinic and Recruiting Manager Simon Dalrymple was on hand to give us the details.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-09-25/future-fatherson-prospects-at-whitten-oval

mighty_west
25-09-2013, 04:25 PM

Some famous Bulldog names returned to Whitten Oval today in the form of father-son prospects Zane Cordy, Michael Romero and Darcy MacPherson. The boys were put through their paces in a special clinic and Recruiting Manager Simon Dalrymple was on hand to give us the details.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-09-25/future-fatherson-prospects-at-whitten-oval

Interesting that neither Kennedy or Foster were there, and Zaine is a spitting image of his older brother, just a bit shorter.

Greystache
25-09-2013, 04:52 PM
It would be great if Romero Jr makes it, Jose was one of my all time favourite players.

always right
25-09-2013, 06:03 PM
This is one advantage we do have over the new clubs.

Throughandthrough
25-09-2013, 06:08 PM

If this trend gains momentum I will be looking forward to the first "Wagga Wagga" to play in the AFL.

Laughed out loud

anfo27
25-09-2013, 07:03 PM

I know Zaine plays for the falcons but do the other 2 play any rep footy?

Bulldog Revolution
25-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Great little piece - over the next few I am going to go into major footy withdrawal, and really it will be Bulldog withdrawal, so these little snippets are terrific

bulldogtragic
25-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Could have spelt Zaine's name correctly...

bulldogtragic
25-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Interesting that neither Kennedy or Foster were there, and Zaine is a spitting image of his older brother, just a bit shorter.
Kennedy is no chance. Foster has been looked at for years, one day at the club this week means nothing. If I wanted to worry, it's Josh Wallis not being there. But I wouldn't read too much into it all.

SlimPickens
26-09-2013, 04:57 PM

Glowing endorsement of Ayce by Dalrymple!

KT31
27-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Glowing endorsement of Ayce by Dalrymple!

We may be doing a similar thing to Collingwood did with the Clokes and waiting until we sign the youngest brother before we trade off the older one.

G-Mo77
27-09-2013, 09:13 AM
We may be doing a similar thing to Collingwood did with the Clokes and waiting until we sign the youngest brother before we trade off the older one.

Or maybe he will make it. I hold no great confidence in that he will make it but not one single person would have predicted Will Minson would have been the #1 Ruckman in the comp. It took Will 10 years.

ratsmac
27-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Or maybe he will make it. I hold no great confidence in that he will make it but not one single person would have predicted Will Minson would have been the #1 Ruckman in the comp. It took Will 10 years.

Good point, but I do remember being excited by a young Will Minson when he came onto the scene, I can't really say the same about Ayce unfortunately.

Greystache
27-09-2013, 09:57 AM

Minson while inconsistent had shown some potential during the 2006-2008 seasons playing the 2nd ruck/forward role. At the end of 2008 Minson was the same age Cordy is now. We talk about how long it took Minson to get there, Cordy is a long way further back than he was.

w3design
27-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Unless I am mistaken Will had far less time lost in his formative seasons than Ayce has had, so a fair comparison might be to Will's first couple of seasons.
I think our biggest problem here is people seem to be addicted to instant gratification.

Not saying Ayce making it is a given, but I would not be giving up on the lad yet. Better judges who know him far better than we do [ coaches etc.] have not given up on him. And if we think J Grant has turned the corner, well 6 months back, he seemed a lot further back than Ayce.

Keep the faith a little longer. Lets see where he is at at the end of season 2014, we should have a better idea by then.

Greystache
27-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Unless I am mistaken Will had far less time lost in his formative seasons than Ayce has had, so a fair comparison might be to Will's first couple of seasons.
I think our biggest problem here is people seem to be addicted to instant gratification.

Not saying Ayce making it is a given, but I would not be giving up on the lad yet. Better judges who know him far better than we do [ coaches etc.] have not given up on him. And if we think J Grant has turned the corner, well 6 months back, he seemed a lot further back than Ayce.

Keep the faith a little longer. Lets see where he is at at the end of season 2014, we should have a better idea by then.

5 years is instant gratification?

Ayce also barely missed a game in 3 of his 5 years and had only 1 that was a complete wipeout, similar to Minson's 2007 season.

Bumper Bulldogs
27-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Will always had a string nasty streak in him and a will to compete, Ace on the other hand seems to be talked about with more potential......Time will tell

Topdog
27-09-2013, 09:30 PM
By he end of the 08 season Will had shown some ability. When was that game against Brisbane? where he just keep feeding Cooney in the last qtr?

BulldogBelle
27-09-2013, 09:31 PM
by he end of the 08 season will had shown some ability. When was that game against brisbane? Where he just keep feeding cooney in the last qtr?

LostDog
04-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Did Foster nominate or did we simply chose not to F/S him

bulldogtragic
04-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Did Foster nominate or did we simply chose not to F/S him
If we wanted him, we would have put the papers in today. He's eligible for another year at Calder if they allow him, or there's Footscray. He can still be selected next year FS.

LostDoggy
03-02-2014, 12:25 PM
In some exciting news for the future, we have a potential father son in...Jake Stringer.
His girlfriend announced she is pregnant on Instagram.

bornadog
03-02-2014, 01:08 PM
In some exciting news for the future, we have a potential father son in...Jake Stringer.

A very young Dad

Maddog37
03-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Will be the making of him. Instant maturity in my experience. Makes you want to be a better person in every way. ( if it doesn't drive you mad from sleep depravation of course)

That's not to say Jake is not a quality fella already as he clearly passed the Macca test.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-02-2014, 01:56 PM

I'll say what everyone is thinking - Hope it's a boy.

always right
03-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Was anyone else as happy as I was to hear that Chris and Rebecca Judd's second baby is a girl?

soupman
03-02-2014, 02:42 PM

I was thinking that hopefully it's twin boys.

Throughandthrough
03-02-2014, 08:10 PM

Could potentially play in the same team

Twodogs
03-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Could potentially play in the same team

Jake and his girlfriend? Then it's probably best to wait until she's had the baby at least.

LostDog
26-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Anyone been following this years crop

bulldogtragic
26-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Not too much to report, take this week for example all but one were not named in the sides for tac cup.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Cordy and Foster

Will they be picked up and what will we give up? Is Foster destined for Rookie list?

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Cordy and Foster

Will they be picked up and what will we give up? Is Foster destined for Rookie list?

Interesting questions BAD. Both have had fine years and Foster has surprised me by I think winning the TAC goal kicking...although I am not 100% but read something about it recently.

Ozza
03-09-2014, 12:05 PM
I saw Fossie and his son at one of the VFL matches during the year. He's a bloody big kid Fossie Jnr!

bornadog
03-09-2014, 12:23 PM
I saw Fossie and his son at one of the VFL matches during the year. He's a bloody big kid Fossie Jnr!

A late maturer.

Webby
03-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Cordy and Foster

Foster is talked down a bit by some due to the fact that he's an overaged player in that comp... However, let's put that into perspective, he's 7 weeks over age... That's nothing.

In racing terms, we have as good an understanding of this colt's bloodlines as anyone in the world. His father was a late bloomer and his father was also a star. (Robbed of two more years by a disgraceful Paul Dear foot trip/kick which broke his leg... But that's another discussion..)

We're in a position where the son of a former champion of the club is the dominant goal kicker of the TAC Cup, is a 6ft 4 and a half inch power forward and is available to us under Father/Son. It's a no-brainer. At the very least, he'll develop into a handy KP backman who can handle opposition monsters. We have to take Foster. If the kid was aligned to Collingwood or something, we'd be looking on in envy. Grab him!

We also should take Cordy, btw. Hopefully one or the other with a late pick.

Axe Man
03-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Interesting questions BAD. Both have had fine years and Foster has surprised me by I think winning the TAC goal kicking...although I am not 100% but read something about it recently.

You are correct about Foster, kicked 6 in the final round to take out the goal kicking. He also kicked another 6 in the qualifying final on the weekend.

Foster wins goal kicking title (http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3020-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=31226688)

bornadog
03-09-2014, 12:41 PM
You are correct about Foster, kicked 6 in the final round to take out the goal kicking. He also kicked another 6 in the qualifying final on the weekend.

Foster wins goal kicking title (http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3020-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=31226688)

How is Luke Kennedy travelling for the Canons?

KT31
03-09-2014, 12:46 PM

If he is anything like his old man he would be striking fear into the opposition.

Webby
03-09-2014, 12:51 PM

In the last H&A game, Peter Wright kicked 4 alongside Fossie. You know, we are half a chance to get Wright with pick 5/6 and Fossie under F/S. Suddenly you've then got two quality young KPF's to watch develop through the Footscray VFL side and the WB side over the next couple of years as the senior midfielders continue to come of age.

If we don't get Wright, we could go for Durdin. Same net result. Then we have two more years of development and a genuinely well structured young list taking shape. The last thing I want to see is panic whereby we start getting over priced mid 20's speculative duds..

bulldogsthru&thru
03-09-2014, 12:57 PM
In the last H&A game, Peter Wright kicked 4 alongside Fossie. You know, we are half a chance to get Wright with pick 5/6 and Fossie under F/S. Suddenly you've then got two quality young KPF's to watch develop through the Footscray VFL side and the WB side over the next couple of years as the senior midfielders continue to come of age.

If we don't get Wright, we could go for Durdin. Same net result. Then we have two more years of development and a genuinely well structured young list taking shape. The last thing I want to see is panic whereby we start getting over priced mid 20's speculative duds..

We need to make this happen. Although i dont think it will with pick 5 or 6. Will need to trade down to 2 or 3. I think Melbourne getting pick 3 through compensation helps this cause a bit so we may hope this happens!

Axe Man
03-09-2014, 01:33 PM

I don't personally have any idea, but he has only played 2 games for the year as an over-age player so it doesn't look like he will be drafted any time soon.

Josh Wallis has only played 4 games this season, not sure what the story is with him?

bulldogtragic
03-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't personally have any idea, but he has only played 2 games for the year as an over-age player so it doesn't look like he will be drafted any time soon.

Josh Wallis has only played 4 games this season, not sure what the story is with him?

Not a surprising comment i'm saying now, but I don't think either Kennedy or Wallis will get drafted. Cannons have been the best team in my book so there is competition for spots, but neither did much on the stat sheets in the games.

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Foster is talked down a bit by some due to the fact that he's an overaged player in that comp... However, let's put that into perspective, he's 7 weeks over age... That's nothing.

In racing terms, we have as good an understanding of this colt's bloodlines as anyone in the world. His father was a late bloomer and his father was also a star. (Robbed of two more years by a disgraceful Paul Dear foot trip/kick which broke his leg... But that's another discussion..)

We're in a position where the son of a former champion of the club is the dominant goal kicker of the TAC Cup, is a 6ft 4 and a half inch power forward and is available to us under Father/Son. It's a no-brainer. At the very least, he'll develop into a handy KP backman who can handle opposition monsters. We have to take Foster. If the kid was aligned to Collingwood or something, we'd be looking on in envy. Grab him!

Agree with what you're saying Webby. There can't be two more potential draftees this year that we know more about, and it's not as if they're being drafted just for the sake of lineage. Granted Foster has probaly won the goal kicking this year due to the competiton being involved in the Championships, but the fact is he spent last year more in the defensive half. He's switched to the forwardline and performed this year. He's a KP size and we shouldn't let him slip. The 'price' won't be more than a third rounder should another team want him.

boydogs
03-09-2014, 08:02 PM
The 'price' won't be more than a third rounder should another team want him.

It will make a big difference to our drafting if Cordy isn't nominated before our 2nd round pick #24. That guarantees us getting Cordy with our 3rd rounder and Foster with our 4th

Webby
03-09-2014, 09:49 PM
It will make a big difference to our drafting if Cordy isn't nominated before our 2nd round pick #24. That guarantees us getting Cordy with our 3rd rounder and Foster with our 4th

If this is the case, should we not the. Delist a couple extra players to allow us more late draft selections? I'm keen to make the call on a couple of poor ball users, slow movers and smaller bodies.

lemmon
03-09-2014, 09:56 PM
If this is the case, should we not the. Delist a couple extra players to allow us more late draft selections? I'm keen to make the call on a couple of poor ball users, slow movers and smaller bodies.

It depends on how we judge the draft depth. There's no point cutting deeply and using picks in the 90's if we think realistically they have no chance of becoming AFL footballers. Just adds more list cloggers to be cut in 2 or 3 years time.

Drunken Bum
03-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Not a surprising comment i'm saying now, but I don't think either Kennedy or Wallis will get drafted. Cannons have been the best team in my book so there is competition for spots, but neither did much on the stat sheets in the games.

Wallis isn't available to be drafted until next year is he? So there's still time if he's good enough and wants it

boydogs
03-09-2014, 11:19 PM

If you're to believe Macca today, we're only making 5 changes to the list, including 2 rookie upgrades

F'scary
03-09-2014, 11:28 PM
If you're to believe Macca today, we're only making 5 changes to the list, including 2 rookie upgrades

If that is all he is prepared to do, he'll be one of the five.

bulldogtragic
04-09-2014, 12:02 AM

That would upset me. If he believes in his players, very good, but overestimating our list again could be a disaster. I'm not convinced any rookie is worth it, let alone two. That's so deflating to hear/read.....

boydogs
04-09-2014, 12:29 AM
That would upset me. If he believes in his players, very good, but overestimating our list again could be a disaster. I'm not convinced any rookie is worth it, let alone two. That's so deflating to hear/read.....

His appetite for changes seems to be non-existent. At the B&F tonight, "One thing is for sure, our improvement next year is going to come from inside this room, not outside of it"

FrediKanoute
04-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Hmmmmmmm.......tell him he's dreaming.

ledge
04-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Oh I don't know look at Geelong, the public media etc wanted Thompson sacked one year, the next year he was a genius, I'm tending to think next year might be our come together year.
Players will gel through another pre season and a few more games under the belt, look at our BNF last night , leaders all kids.

Ozza
04-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Some compelling points there Webby.

Cyberdoggie
04-09-2014, 01:49 PM
So if we take Cordy and Foster, and Look for a McCartin or Wright pick with our first, or best tall available,
that means 3 talls picked and no smalls at all.

How high we have to go for our father son selections will impact greatly on what else we can get.

Dogmatic
04-09-2014, 05:08 PM
If that is all he is prepared to do, he'll be one of the five.

Great Call!

Twodogs
06-09-2014, 08:42 PM
I heard on SEN that Hugh Beasley has decided to put the boots on again. Does anyone know if this is right?

Bulldog4life
06-09-2014, 08:47 PM
I heard on SEN that Hugh Beasley has decided to put the boots on again. Does anyone know if this is right?

There is a Hugh Beasley playing TAC. Simon's son is Will.

Twodogs
06-09-2014, 08:51 PM
There is a Hugh Beasley playing TAC. Simon's son is Will.

My bad. You're right it's Will.

GVGjr
06-09-2014, 08:52 PM

As B4L pointed out, Will Beasley is Simons son, High is a very good defender for Oakleigh. Very quick for a 192cm player.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm confused, has young Beasley given up rowing for footy? Or is this just confusion?

LostDoggy
06-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm confused, has young Beasley given up rowing for footy? Or is this just confusion?

This has to be this first time rowing has been mentioned on Woof, and dear lord let's hope it's the last!

bulldogtragic
06-09-2014, 09:50 PM
This has to be this first time rowing has been mentioned on Woof, and dear lord let's hope it's the last!

Dunno, I thought the oar some foursome Goulburn Valley Gold ads for canned food was easily the second best jingle between behind SPC Baked Beans & Spaghetti song by Mike Brady. Which is coincidently Mike Brady's second best tune.

Twodogs
06-09-2014, 10:26 PM
As B4L pointed out, Will Beasley is Simons son, High is a very good defender for Oakleigh. Very quick for a 192cm player.

Cheers mate.

Yep. They said that Will has given up rowing to play footy again.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Cheers mate.

Yep. They said that Will has given up rowing to play footy again.

Oh, let's see how he goes. He's a big unit.

LostDoggy
09-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Bit off topic but I noticed Cross' wife is pregnant. Hopefully it's another boy :D

Twodogs
09-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Bit off topic but I noticed Cross' wife is pregnant. hopefully it's another boy :D

Crossy might play 100 games at Melbourne.

Throughandthrough
09-09-2014, 04:24 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/melbourne-to-nominate-billy-stretch-as-fatherson-draftee-20140908-10e3pj.html

Billy Stretch (who is a marvelous player) confirmed to Demons

Axe Man
09-09-2014, 04:45 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/melbourne-to-nominate-billy-stretch-as-fatherson-draftee-20140908-10e3pj.html

Billy Stretch (who is a marvelous player) confirmed to Demons

Good, now they have shown their hand hopefully someone will force them to use their second round pick on him.

Sorry to be incredibly immature but I couldn't help notice this poor kid has very unfortunate name...

Sydney will nominate Isaac Heeney from the Swans Academy, with Abe Davis and Jack Hiscox also in the mix.

Axe Man
16-09-2014, 02:30 PM
The Darcy Moore dilemma for Collingwood (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-darcy-moore-dilemma-for-collingwood-20140915-10h86f.html)

Melbourne could bid, especially if the Demons believe they will score a second top-five pick for free agent James Frawley, but the Bulldogs and Blues seem the most obvious options, as clubs that really do need tall players able to either smother opponents with their long arms and closing speed while playing in defence, or take marks at the other end.
The Bulldogs have already done some work, and the Blues are stepping their research up. The Saturday game, in which Moore either a) kicked three goals, used the ball nicely and helped get his Oakleigh Chargers side into the grand final or b) should have won more than his dozen possessions, given how much time and space his team had, gave them more to think about.
But the Bulldogs have a father-son pick of their own, Zaine Cordy, to draft in this year. He's a defender, which means they might want to play things carefully and keep their first pick safe for an onballer.

So do we bid for Moore given there is a small chance that Collingwood may not match the bid and we end up with him? Is he worth pick 5? Could be a bad move if we win Moore and then one of our preferred options (Wright for example) is still available at our pick. On the other hand I would hate to see Collingwood get him in the second round.

Hopefully it is just the Pies trying to spook teams into not nominating him before their first pick and they have every intention of taking him at pick 8.

LostDoggy
16-09-2014, 02:52 PM
He looks better then Wright IMO, tall and incredibly agile, kicks goals, and did anyone see the hanger he took recently? The kid looks a star. We definitely need to step up if the bid falls to us, we will never get him, but we have to take responsibility for ensuring he doesn't slip to second round.

LostDoggy
16-09-2014, 06:26 PM
The Darcy Moore dilemma for Collingwood (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-darcy-moore-dilemma-for-collingwood-20140915-10h86f.html)

So do we bid for Moore given there is a small chance that Collingwood may not match the bid and we end up with him? Is he worth pick 5? Could be a bad move if we win Moore and then one of our preferred options (Wright for example) is still available at our pick. On the other hand I would hate to see Collingwood get him in the second round.

Hopefully it is just the Pies trying to spook teams into not nominating him before their first pick and they have every intention of taking him at pick 8.

He's very agile for his height. Great mobility around the ground. He's easily a top ten pick anyway. Pies should be made to pay fair price with their first rounder.

bulldogtragic
16-09-2014, 07:40 PM
He's very agile for his height. Great mobility around the ground. He's easily a top ten pick anyway. Pies should be made to pay fair price with their first rounder.

Yep, we've only got to look at McDonald last year as an example of Moore this year. I think a club will pull the trigger and Collingwood would be wrapped to have him too as guaranteed option.

It's still a good win, it's just not like the old days of a club getting ridiculous benefits. But no doubt Collingwood would have monitored Moore closely and will easily transition into a pre-season with them well before other draftees. That seems a much fairer system then Jono Brown for a 3rd rounder.

ledge
16-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Collingwood is talking shit if they say they won't take him, he is a gun I would jump at him in 2 seconds if he was still available.

Webby
16-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Collingwood is talking shit if they say they won't take him, he is a gun I would jump at him in 2 seconds if he was still available.

Smoke and mirrors..! It's in their interest to talk him down so that no one nominates him and they can take him with their pick I the high 20's. Carlton won't let that happen!

Nice try Pies!

Go_Dogs
16-09-2014, 08:34 PM

If we land him with pick 5 I think we'd be happy with that. He's a quality prospect and there is no guarantee that Wright (if he's our man) will be available at 5.

LostDoggy
16-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Smoke and mirrors..! It's in their interest to talk him down so that no one nominates him and they can take him with their pick I the high 20's. Carlton won't let that happen!

Nice try Pies!

It should not even get to Carlton to deal with.

Thought my life was free of ever having to hear Nick Maxwells dopey voice again. I thought wrong he was at it today, trying to pull off the Houdini illusion, but in reality he just confirmed his likeness to Cletus the slack jawed yocal!

Webby
16-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Thought my life was free of ever having to hear Nick Maxwells dopey voice again. I thought wrong he was at it today, trying to pull off the Houdini illusion, but in reality he just confirmed his likeness to Cletus the slack jawed yocal!

Ha ha! Yes that was pretty insulting to the intelligence of the general public! A lot of footballers think we're stupid prior to leaving the 'system' because they've mainly dealt with die hard cheer squad members and tragic back slappers.

He'd be best placed to simply keep his trap shut, although he is pretty besotted with the sound of his own voice..

F'scary
16-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Put a bid in for him. I keep reading that if there was no F/S, he is definitely a top 10 and probably a top 5 pick. He fits our needs as well as I understand it.

Bad luck, Bucks, Eddie and Maxwell Smart.

The Doctor
16-09-2014, 11:08 PM

We shouldn't worry about other teams. if he's rated in our top 5 then nominate him. If not move along.

ledge
17-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Nominate him I say .. If they don't want him we get a star , if they do we get pick 5.. Win win for us :-)

bornadog
25-09-2014, 09:34 AM
11 DAYS TO GO:
October 6 – Father/Son Bidding Meeting

*Brisbane: Josh Clayton, Tyler Roos
*Collingwood: Darcy Moore
*Hawthorn: Harry Dear
*Melbourne: Billy Stretch
*Western Bulldogs: Zaine Cordy, Jayden Foster
*West Coast: Alec Waterman
*West Coast, Collingwood and Melbourne have nominated Alec Waterman, Darcy Moore and Billy Stretch officially now, whilst Brisbane has committed to Josh Clayton but is yet to fully commit to Tyler Roos.

*Hawthorn have been quiet regarding Harry Dear, who seven weeks ago underwent a shoulder reconstruction, whilst the

Bulldogs are expected to list key defender Zaine Cordy and Full Forward, Jayden Foster.

ReLoad
25-09-2014, 09:47 AM
I dunno about you guys but im nervous as hell, Harry Dear being drafted by the Hawks and we get Jayden Foster? There is no way in hell Jayden will ever be allowed to play against the hawks.

azabob
25-09-2014, 10:03 AM
We are yet to officially nominate either player.

Will we in fact nominate Cordy or Foster?

If both are to come onto the senior list, more senior listed players need to come off.

I don't want only two live draft picks.

LostDoggy
25-09-2014, 10:12 AM
More will come off aza. Higgins will go which means another spot. There might be a+/- in terms of player trades also.

FrediKanoute
25-09-2014, 09:31 PM
With Jones indicating he wants a move to Carlton there is another spot opening up.

LostDog
26-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Whats the word on this are we going to get Foster and Cordy
Whats happening with Wallis??

Twodogs
26-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Whats the word on this are we going to get Foster and Cordy
Whats happening with Wallis??

Last I heard young Wallis had given top level footy up.

wimberga
26-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I dunno about you guys but im nervous as hell, Harry Dear being drafted by the Hawks and we get Jayden Foster? There is no way in hell Jayden will ever be allowed to play against the hawks.

Can you expand on this ReLoad? What do you mean?

azabob
26-09-2014, 09:59 PM

Many moons ago Paul Dear "tripped" Peter Foster at the Western Oval. Dear got suspended for four weeks(?) and Foster got a broken leg, missed well over a year, shortened his career and shot our finals campaign.

Twodogs
26-09-2014, 10:33 PM
In 1992 our defence was Bernard Toohey stopping blokes and Peter Foster marking everything. That was it.

Twodogs
26-09-2014, 10:38 PM

Like Azabob said its a family honour thing. Sort of like a bloodfeud.

Webby
26-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Many moons ago Paul Dear "tripped" Peter Foster at the Western Oval. Dear got suspended for four weeks(?) and Foster got a broken leg, missed well over a year, shortened his career and shot our finals campaign.

He certainly did. Same day, he also tried to take Glenn Coleman's head off with a round arm after Coleman had marked it. Coleman ducked it and looked stunned at what had happened. He paused in relief and the crowd let out a collective "oooohh". I remember it like yesterday. Paul Hudson played for them. We won and were flying.

Paul Dear was on something that day. He ran around like a thug. Hated him ever since. It was tragic what he did to Fossie. I believe the break became infected and he only managed another handful of games afterwards. Fossie was a great player for us. Late bloomer and I'm keen to get his kid.

I had a look at him IN the TAC Cup GF. Presents well on the lead etc etc, (as you'd expect from the comp's leading goal kicker) but the thing that impressed me most was his work rate. His chasing and tackling and competitiveness once the ball hit the ground was great. (Puts one L Jones to shame!). I was also pleased to see that he isn't just one of those man-child types who's filled out faster than other kids -thus dominating. He's got plenty of filling out to do. I think he'll make something of himself. I really do.

ledge
27-09-2014, 12:13 AM
From all accounts his dad is a top bloke, so I imagine he would bring his son up with a good head on his shoulders.
Last I heard was Peter runs a successful cleaning business in the western suburbs.

FrediKanoute
27-09-2014, 03:33 AM
I had a look at him IN the TAC Cup GF. Presents well on the lead etc etc, (as you'd expect from the comp's leading goal kicker) but the thing that impressed me most was his work rate. His chasing and tackling and competitiveness once the ball hit the ground was great. (Puts one L Jones to shame!). I was also pleased to see that he isn't just one of those man-child types who's filled out faster than other kids -thus dominating. He's got plenty of filling out to do. I think he'll make something of himself. I really do.

I agree. I thought he moved well, not awkwardly, contested well and generally played ok. To me he is someone who is mobile and reads the play well. Would be good enough to play down back.

Remi Moses
27-09-2014, 04:19 AM
In 1992 our defence was Bernard Toohey stopping blokes and Peter Foster marking everything. That was it.

I reckon Tony Campbell was pretty good that year.
Hated the bloke at Melbourne, as well as that germ Jackson .

Remi Moses
27-09-2014, 04:21 AM

Fossie had a rod put into that leg and came back 4 weeks later !
Unfortunately after the game he returned his leg became infected and he was never the same player.

Webby
27-09-2014, 07:44 AM
I reckon Tony Campbell was pretty good that year.
Hated the bloke at Melbourne, as well as that germ Jackson .

I don't know why, because I didn't normally do it, but I stood behind the goals at the Barkly St end that day. Opposition supporters didn't think much of Campbell, I can tell you! The things that were said to Campbell stick with me to this day!

He had the slicked back hair and the gloves, was probably a bit underdone fitness wise and carried himself in a way that looked a bit pompous. Seemed to rub opposition the wrong way. He was also pretty central to the "glove phenomenon" at the time - which had the traditionalists howling. I could understand it, because I didn't like him much when he was at Melbourne, but, jeepers creepers, the Hawthorn fans were pretty ordinary towards him! Imagine the WORST POSSIBLE things! I remember thinking "Geez, does he cop this sort of stuff every week?"

He was good on Dunstall that day and was good for us all of that year. In fact, most of our blokes were good. Foster's leg and Wynd's knee cost us a GF berth. I'm sure of that. If Paul Dear were here, I'd give him some of the Campbell treatment!

Webby
27-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Fossie had a rod put into that leg and came back 4 weeks later !
Unfortunately after the game he returned his leg became infected and he was never the same player.

That's spot on, now that I think of it. He did get a rod and it ended up a cock up!

1eyedog
27-09-2014, 08:22 AM
That's spot on, now that I think of it. He did get a rod and it ended up a cock up!

Yeah he went back against doctors orders and I distinctly remember him telling my brother that he conned the club back onto the field. Obviously he wasn't ready but that's how committed he was. If his son has a small amount of the drive that Foz did he'll be ok.

G-Mo77
27-09-2014, 09:42 AM
From all accounts his dad is a top bloke, so I imagine he would bring his son up with a good head on his shoulders.
Last I heard was Peter runs a successful cleaning business in the western suburbs.

When he played I'm pretty sure he was in sales/distribution of cleaning products. I lived in Castlemaine growing up and my Mum worked at a motel there. Foster would come there regularly. Not sure on the dates but I'm pretty sure it was when he played.

GVGjr
27-09-2014, 09:47 AM
When he played I'm pretty sure he was in sales/distribution of cleaning products. I lived in Castlemaine growing up and my Mum worked at a motel there. Foster would come there regularly. Not sure on the dates but I'm pretty sure it was when he played.

It's a small world, I lived in Castlemaine for a few years as well.

G-Mo77
27-09-2014, 03:27 PM

We've probably crossed paths there. I lived there from 85 through until 98

Twodogs
27-09-2014, 04:20 PM

My parents had a house there that we spent most of our spare time and weekends at. I spent a lot of time growing up in Castlemaine.

F'scary
27-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Would like to hear a bit more about Foster, J.

Google search results claim he is 194cm & 87kg at 19yo.

Retained by Canons as an overage player in 2014, he kick 29 goals as FF for Calder Canons in their premiership year.

Eligible to be drafted last year but no-one took him.

Have not detected much interest in him in the lead up to this years national draft. Seems like we could F/S using only a very late pick.

Question is, why is he not rated more highly?

bulldogtragic
27-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Would like to hear a bit more about Foster, J.

Google search results claim he is 194cm & 87kg at 19yo.

Retained by Canons as an overage player in 2014, he kick 29 goals as FF for Calder Canons in their premiership year.

Eligible to be drafted last year but no-one took him.

Have not detected much interest in him in the lead up to this years national draft. Seems like we could F/S using only a very late pick.

Question is, why is he not rated more highly?

Bad foot injury last year, came back for finals and looked ok. Played this year as a goal square type FF, so kicks goals but that's not really an AFL spot. Talented kid, question marks though. I think he got a combine invite and maybe a few clubs sniffing. Would need to be a very low pick or rookie to end up at WB. I would gladly take him low and develop him at Footscray. I have more faith in Fossie Jnr than Redpath longer term.

F'scary
27-09-2014, 09:59 PM
thanks BT.

KT31
28-09-2014, 12:45 AM
My parents had a house there that we spent most of our spare time and weekends at. I spent a lot of time growing up in Castlemaine.

I used to camp with my mate at a little place called Baringhup during high school with my mates,
What a cracker of a spot and so many great memories.

always right
28-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I would gladly take him low and develop him at Footscray. I have more faith in Fossie Jnr than Redpath longer term.
What do you base this on BT?

The Doctor
28-09-2014, 06:54 PM
What do you base this on BT?

Probably something due to Redpath's lack of ability?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Probably something due to Redpath's lack of ability?

Yes. At least Jayden is a chance at the next level, I don't feel Jack is at all. Jayden certainly has more tricks.

Twodogs
28-09-2014, 09:25 PM
I used to camp with my mate at a little place called Baringhup during high school with my mates,
What a cracker of a spot and so many great memories.

The house we had in Castlemaine was only a slight upgrade on camping. Tank water, no sewage, outside toilet, open fire, big bastard rats all in a miners' hut with a lean to leaning on the back. It was on a two acre block though at the end of Hunter st. Ten minute walk to the train stop.

According to Google Maps it's still the same.

ledge
28-09-2014, 09:41 PM
I wonder how Oliver Liberatore is travelling heard some really good reports on him when he was very young, must be under 15s at least now I imagine.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2014, 10:01 PM
I wonder how Oliver Liberatore is travelling heard some really good reports on him when he was very young, must be under 15s at least now I imagine.

Not quite that old, under 13's at a guess. I would guess he played interleague. Although. At a guess didn't poll much in the league BnFs last year or this. At a guess.

always right
28-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Yes. At least Jayden is a chance at the next level, I don't feel Jack is at all. Jayden certainly has more tricks.

Like what? I'm serious as I haven't seen him play.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Like what? I'm serious as I haven't seen him play.

I don't want to pot Jack, so I will focus on the Jayden side of things. Size will be similar at equal points in development. Hands are pretty good. Agility is very good. Goal kicking accuracy is as good as even better, Jayden is very accurate. The knocks on Jayden are not completely dissimilar to Jack, but he has some advantages. I'm convinced Jack isn't to standard as a personal view. There are some serious questions on Jayden make no mistake, but in my estimation his betters are better, and his weaknesses aren't as stark.

Greystache
28-09-2014, 11:28 PM
We've officially nominated Cordy and Foster as F/S' s

bornadog
28-09-2014, 11:58 PM
We've officially nominated Cordy and Foster as F/S' s

So 5 gone and 3 places filled at this stage.

soupman
29-09-2014, 12:04 AM
No rookie list for Foster then.

divvydan
29-09-2014, 12:29 AM
No rookie list for Foster then.

He could still be rookie listed if no other club bids for him.

LostDog
29-09-2014, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=Greystache;399468]We've officially nominated Cordy and Foster as F/S' s[/QUOT

Source??

Greystache
29-09-2014, 12:44 AM

It doesn't mean we're guaranteed to take both or even one of them. It'll depend on what happens in the bidding process.

F'scary
29-09-2014, 07:51 AM

Succinct BAD: a strong indication that another 2-3 to be delisted still. Plus 3 rookies not promoted to date will all be delisted.

mighty_west
29-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I don't want to pot Jack, so I will focus on the Jayden side of things. Size will be similar at equal points in development. Hands are pretty good. Agility is very good. Goal kicking accuracy is as good as even better, Jayden is very accurate. The knocks on Jayden are not completely dissimilar to Jack, but he has some advantages. I'm convinced Jack isn't to standard as a personal view. There are some serious questions on Jayden make no mistake, but in my estimation his betters are better, and his weaknesses aren't as stark.

That's the main part of Jacks game I really like, his accuracy in front of goal, along with his size and aggression which he showed quite a bit in the GF, those three points remind me of Barry Hall, it's unfortunately the rest of his game that lacks unfortunately, but I'd be happy enough to give him a year or two on the main list to find out if he could get his game to another level.

bornadog
29-09-2014, 09:05 AM
It doesn't mean we're guaranteed to take both or even one of them. It'll depend on what happens in the bidding process.

Wasn't sure how it works, I thought we have officially taken them, but I see its only a nomination at this stage.

LostDoggy
29-09-2014, 09:10 AM
I would see promoting Jack a real step in the wrong direction for us. A young kid taken with pick 90 at least has some chance of making it as a player, see Lake and Grant as examples, but Jack will never get to the level required IMO. He is above average as a VFL player but that does not maketh an AFL player.

I personally, like others here think we need to cut deep and put some extra faith in our recruiting staff by giving them as many live picks as possible. If we bottom out so be it, Hawthorn bottomed out and ended up with Hodge, Mitchell, Rough and Buddy.

bornadog
29-09-2014, 09:19 AM
I would see promoting Jack a real step in the wrong direction for us. A young kid taken with pick 90 at least has some chance of making it as a player, see Lake and Grant as examples, but Jack will never get to the level required IMO. He is above average as a VFL player but that does not maketh an AFL player.

I personally, like others here think we need to cut deep and put some extra faith in our recruiting staff by giving them as many live picks as possible. If we bottom out so be it, Hawthorn bottomed out and ended up with Hodge, Mitchell, Rough and Buddy.

We are pretty much bottom the last time I looked.

LostDoggy
29-09-2014, 09:42 AM

Sorry I meant Lewis!

LostDoggy
29-09-2014, 09:44 AM
We are pretty much bottom the last time I looked.

True. But I am of a very strong opinion next year will be worse then this year!

bulldogtragic
29-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Two possible recruits of 193cm or taller with talent. Welcome news!!

I feel like In-Zaine in the Brian might get started officially soon! :)

Cyberdoggie
29-09-2014, 11:19 AM
I think Both Cordy and Foster are worth a look but as long as the price isn't too high.
I think the bidding process ensures you never get a bargain these days. Will be interesting with both to see
if the other clubs select them.

soupman
29-09-2014, 11:20 AM
I think the bidding process ensures you never get a bargain these days.

Will Langford disagrees.

Mofra
29-09-2014, 11:21 AM
I think Both Cordy and Foster are worth a look but as long as the price isn't too high.
I think the bidding process ensures you never get a bargain these days.
Liberatore ;)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Will Langford disagrees.
Langford was procured outside of the bidding process as a NSW zoned player.

Dancin' Douggy
29-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Having 2 in one year always helps. If we have to use our second rounder on Cordy, at least we'll have the Higgins compo pick around there so we still get another player we may have penciled in with that pick. Not a bad result really.

LostDoggy
29-09-2014, 12:50 PM
I shudder to think how we will survive as a club if next year is worse than this year. When I say survive I don't mean fold, but more so keep the place from imploding and stop members leaving in droves.

The Doctor
30-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Foster not nominated

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-30/bulldogs-nominate-cordy

ReLoad
30-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Interesting play. I'd suggest something else is afoot trade/planning wise.

F'scary
30-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Foster not nominated

Maybe we are very confident of landing good KP players and new rucks with our 3 (confirmed), 4 (Higgins) or 5 (Jones) picks/trades under 50.

Greystache
30-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Foster not nominated

Weird. Earlier he was listed as having been nominated.

FATHER SON BIDDING

All eligible father/son selections available in this years draft have been nominated by their eligible clubs, aside from Anthony Long, son of Essendon great Michael. Under sanctions handed down by the AFL in 2013, Essendon were not eligible to bid for Long.

BRISBANE
Josh Clayton - tall, goal-kicking utility type who can play most positions well. Considered to be a mid to late round pick.

Tyler Roos - outside midfielder who is sharp around goals.
Considered to be a late pick, may fall through to the rookie draft.

COLLINGWOOD
Darcy Moore - dominate key forward/ defender who is extremely agile and mobile for his size. Blessed with leadership qualities. The Pies will be forced into paying top-price for Moore with their first round pick, considered to be a top five selection in this year's draft.

HAWTHORN
Harry Dear - strong bodied forward/ruckman who is aggressive in a contest and clinical in front of goal. Could go in the second round, but the Hawks should pick him up for a third-round pick.

MELBOURNE
Billy Stretch - swift, light-bodied wingman with elite skills by foot. Will attract bids in the second round, and should make his way to the Dees for a third-round selection.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
- Zaine Cordy - Tidy key defender who is versatile enough to play a lock down role or loose in defence and is a marking threat. Regarded as a second-third round selection with the Bulldogs likely to cough up a third round pick.

- Jayden Foster - Accurate, goal kicker who rarely wastes an opportuntiy to convert. Regarded as a mid to late selection.

Bidding commences at 10am, 6 October

LostDoggy
30-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Hmm, that's annoying.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I thought he was worth pick 75 or whatever our last pick would've been. At this rate well have 10 picks at the rate of players walking out...

GVGjr
30-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Big news with the Western Bulldogs overlooking key Forward spearhead, Jayden Foster as a father/son nomination.

The Bulldogs today lodged paperwork to take key defender Zaine Cordy from the Geelong Falcons.

Should Foster go undrafted in the national draft, the Bulldogs will have access to list him as a father/son rookie should they nominate him.

G-Mo77
30-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Shakes head. Oh well, hope he falls to the Rookie Draft.

mighty_west
30-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Paige Cardona (draft expert) believes Foster will still get to the club via the rookie draft.

G-Mo77
30-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Paige Cardona (draft expert) believes Foster will still get to the club via the rookie draft.

Yeah read that as well. And who's to say we won't draft him late anyway. Sounds like we'll have plenty of picks in the draft.

mighty_west
30-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah read that as well. And who's to say we won't draft him late anyway. Sounds like we'll have plenty of picks in the draft.

Hopefully a few second round picks too, could give ourselves a mini superdraft to go with the other high end talent from the past few drafts.

FrediKanoute
30-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Dangerous ploy by the Dogs. Given his dad was a late developer there is every reason genetically he will be the same. I would have expected that they could at least nominate him and force a club to outbid them. If a club bids a 3rd rounder then no loss, but at least it would guarantee getting hold of him with a late draft pick. I hope in 5 years time we don't bump this thread after Foster has become the hottest forward we never drafted!

Go_Dogs
30-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Can we still nominate him up until Friday/before the bidding commences on Monday?

I'm not suggesting we still may (if we can) - as I tend to think we have simply decided he is worth a rookie spot and are prepared to take our chances on him landing there, rather than him taking a spot on the senior list.

Dry Rot
30-09-2014, 11:13 PM
I don't get this.

What would we have lost if we had nominated him?

azabob
30-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Maybe, just maybe we don't think he will make it?

F'scary
30-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Macca & Co will surely have to publicly justify this and state their reasoning.

soupman
30-09-2014, 11:21 PM
What would we have lost if we had nominated him?

A senior list spot.

Clearly we rate him as a rookie pick at best, and for all the talking up of him by supporters there are a lot of question marks over him and this is his second draft.

Besides we might only have 4 or 5 national draft picks with the majority of them being top 30 picks, which Foster clearly is not.

chef
01-10-2014, 06:59 AM

I think the reasoning is pretty obvious, we don't rate him high enough to nominate him.

always right
01-10-2014, 08:57 AM

I don't expect them to do anything of the sort. Why should they?

ledge
01-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Maybe he hasn't got the mind set we are looking for, maybe he just isn't good enough.

Topdog
01-10-2014, 12:51 PM
A senior list spot.

Clearly we rate him as a rookie pick at best, and for all the talking up of him by supporters there are a lot of question marks over him and this is his second draft.

Besides we might only have 4 or 5 national draft picks with the majority of them being top 30 picks, which Foster clearly is not.

I was of the understanding that nominating him does not mean we have to pick him.

G-Mo77
01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
I was of the understanding that nominating him does not mean we have to pick him.

I'm not really familiar with it. I thought the same and if no one put a bid in we could take him with our last pick or rookie him. Anyone with any knowledge on the rules.

Greystache
01-10-2014, 01:06 PM

I'm not sure about that. I think if we nominate him and no one bids we automatically take him with our last live pick.

BulldogBelle
01-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Foster led the goalkicking in the TAC Cup this season as a top-aged player for the Calder Cannons.

Can somebody tell me what sort of achievement that is. Obviously that was not impressive enough in itself. Have leading goalkickers from previous years been drafted and done any good? What sort of faults does he have in comparison to other players, say at the pick 50 mark, that preclude him from being nominated.

Are we afraid that nominating him as it is likely to send a message to other clubs that they should put in a bid for him, just to give us the irits if nothing else.

I would like to understand this Foster situation. Bad players don't win the goal kicking in the TAC cup.

bornadog
01-10-2014, 01:15 PM
I am fully expecting Foster to be rookied.

Topdog
01-10-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure about that. I think if we nominate him and no one bids we automatically take him with our last live pick.

That rings a bell actually. So we wouldn't be able to rookie him. Kind of a risky play but if we dont think he is there yet no point getting stuck with him on the senior list. For sentimental sack I hope we rookie him (have no idea about him as a player)

Greystache
01-10-2014, 01:35 PM
That rings a bell actually. So we wouldn't be able to rookie him. Kind of a risky play but if we dont think he is there yet no point getting stuck with him on the senior list. For sentimental sack I hope we rookie him (have no idea about him as a player)

I'm stretching my memory on this even further, but I believe if he then nominates for the draft and no one selects him when then have the option to automatically add him to our rookie list. You would think this is a calculated gamble because we think he'll need a few years to develop and want to do it with him on the rookie list, hopefully it pays off and we've read the play correctly.

Axe Man
01-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Foster led the goalkicking in the TAC Cup this season as a top-aged player for the Calder Cannons.

Can somebody tell me what sort of achievement that is. Obviously that was not impressive enough in itself. Have leading goalkickers from previous years been drafted and done any good? What sort of faults does he have in comparison to other players, say at the pick 50 mark, that preclude him from being nominated.

Are we afraid that nominating him as it is likely to send a message to other clubs that they should put in a bid for him, just to give us the irits if nothing else.

I would like to understand this Foster situation. Bad players don't win the goal kicking in the TAC cup.

The previous 3 years leading goal kickers were:

2013 Joshua Scott (who?)
2012 Tim Membrey (on Sydney's list, apparently promising but unable to break through for a game in a good side)
2011 Nicholas Murphy (who?)

I think the top KPF prospects from the TAC cup often play in the championships and school footy, so the leading goal kickers aren't usually the top line players, but rather those who have played most games.

KT31
01-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm not really familiar with it. I thought the same and if no one put a bid in we could take him with our last pick or rookie him. Anyone with any knowledge on the rules.

My take on it is if we had nominated Foster he must go onto our main list and cannot be rookied.

Twodogs
01-10-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm stretching my memory on this even further, but I believe if he then nominates for the draft and no one selects him when then have the option to automatically add him to our rookie list.

I think you've stretched your memory in the right direction. I can remember reading that too.

Axe Man
01-10-2014, 02:08 PM
My take on it is if we had nominated Foster he must go onto our main list and cannot be rookied.

I believe that is correct:

If no bid is made by another Club, the Club that nominated the Father-Son eligible player will forfeit its last selection in the NAB AFL Draft to select the player.

G-Mo77
01-10-2014, 03:23 PM
So we sit and hope he's not drafted now so he's ours as a rookie.

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

westdog54
01-10-2014, 03:51 PM
So we sit and hope he's not drafted now so he's ours as a rookie.

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

I think that's a good result given that he's such a speculative talent. How much faith do you put in a kid just because his dad was a late bloomer. My dad is left handed, I'm right.

SlimPickens
01-10-2014, 03:59 PM
I think that's a good result given that he's such a speculative talent. How much faith do you put in a kid just because his dad was a late bloomer. My dad is left handed, I'm right.

My dad's 5"7, I'm 6"2.

I like that we didn't nominate Jayden. My understanding is we have said we would rookie him all along. That hasn't changed, so as long as Jayden doesn't get drafted (which is a strong possibility) he'll end up at the dogs.

soupman
01-10-2014, 04:26 PM

Matthew Panos was the All Australian Full Forward in his draft year and a pretty high goalkicker, we took him midway through the rookie draft and he never really got close to debuting in a side screaming out for a key forward. Quality is clearly valued over quantity.

bornadog
01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
THE WESTERN Bulldogs have submitted the paperwork to nominate Zaine Cordy as a father-son selection.

Although there is no a guarantee the key defender will join the club, given the bidding process takes place next Monday, the Bulldogs have officially informed Cordy and the AFL of their interest.

The 17-year-old is the younger brother of Bulldogs ruckman Ayce and the son of former player Brian, who played 124 games for the club between 1981-88.

Bulldogs recruiting manager Simon Dalrymple confirmed the nomination to AFL.com.au's daily video show from the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Most clubs expect a bid to come inside the first 30 picks for Cordy, who stands at 192cm and 80kg.

The Bulldogs can choose to match the bid with their next draft selection or allow him to join a rival. The Dogs' first three selections at November's draft are pick five, 25 and 42.

If no club bids – which is highly unlikely – he will cost the Bulldogs their final draft selection.

Link: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-10-01/dogs-reveal-fatherson-nomination

F'scary
01-10-2014, 09:41 PM
A glowing recommendation of Zaine Cordy by TAC teamate Hugh Goddard:

"he’s got these go-go gadget arms..."

If we get Z Cordy, he comes therefore with a ready made nickname.

Imagine watching the Bulldogs own Inspector Gadget reach up to spoil an opposition tall and yelling out:

"GO GO GADGET ARMS"

I can't wait.

(quoted in news.com.au )

bulldogtragic
01-10-2014, 09:49 PM
A glowing recommendation of Zaine Cordy by TAC teamate Hugh Goddard:

"he’s got these go-go gadget arms..."

If we get Z Cordy, he comes therefore with a ready made nickname.

Imagine watching the Bulldogs own Inspector Gadget reach up to spoil an opposition tall and yelling out:

"GO GO GADGET ARMS"

I can't wait.

(quoted in news.com.au )

I'd say Dustin Fletcher like arms longer than his body but people would either accuse me of placing too much pressure on him, or bring it up it years and accuse me of over selling him. His arms look a little too long for his body, in a good way.

F'scary
01-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd say Dustin Fletcher like arms longer than his body but people would either accuse me of placing too much pressure on him, or bring it up it years and accuse me of over selling him. His arms look a little too long for his body, in a good way.

Ah that's right, nickname is sort of taken...for the moment anyway. Still, a good recommendation.

ledge
01-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Bonts has gadget arms too

bulldogtragic
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Ah that's right, nickname is sort of taken...for the moment anyway. Still, a good recommendation.

Yep, it's what will allow him to pinch hit on taller forwards at the next level, he reads the play well. I don't understand some watchers thinking he's a KPP, it's an unrealistic expectation. I'm the one that sets unrealistic expectations, not others.

F'scary
01-10-2014, 10:40 PM

now that you point it out, how come I never noticed that before?

GVGjr
01-10-2014, 10:44 PM

It was one of the reasons we selected him. His wingspan was greater than his height.

They could see him standing up in a tackle and still being able to get a handball out. Defensively it also helps him spoil and intercept.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-10-2014, 01:04 PM
It was one of the reasons we selected him. His wingspan was greater than his height.

They could see him standing up in a tackle and still being able to get a handball out. Defensively it also helps him spoil and intercept.
Bonts is good but his wings are not real.

Twodogs
02-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have any news on Josh Wallis?

Has he given up on top level football?

Axe Man
02-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Does anyone have any news on Josh Wallis?

Has he given up on top level football?

I posted much earlier in this thread that he only played 4 games with Calder this season, not sure what the story is?

Player Profile Joshua Wallis (http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=197753616&client=1-3020-111723-294694-20320271)

bulldogtragic
02-10-2014, 02:29 PM
I posted much earlier in this thread that he only played 4 games with Calder this season, not sure what the story is?

Player Profile Joshua Wallis (http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=197753616&client=1-3020-111723-294694-20320271)

Either the club has hid him most outstandingly, of he hasn't made progress this year.

bornadog
02-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Either the club has hid him most outstandingly, of he hasn't made progress this year.

or injured?

bulldogtragic
02-10-2014, 02:34 PM
or injured?

Or hasn't impressed, nor taken school footy form into TAC, nor been mentioned by any draft watchers or included by and journos in father son articles because I'd bet the house he's not being looked at. Kennedy is also a father son, don't think he's getting drafted either.

WBFC4FFC
02-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Or hasn't impressed, nor taken school footy form into TAC, nor been mentioned by any draft watchers or included by and journos in father son articles because I'd bet the house he's not being looked at. Kennedy is also a father son, don't think he's getting drafted either.

Saw in the St.Kevins Old Boys Newletter (Omnia) during the week that Josh won the B&F at St.Kevins this year. Not sure if he is in Year 11 or 12 though.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Saw in the St.Kevins Old Boys Newletter (Omnia) during the week that Josh won the B&F at St.Kevins this year. Not sure if he is in Year 11 or 12 though.

He's been around rep squads all juniors and clearly above school footy. Either there is a massive con on the footy world and footy media, or Josh isn't at this stage where he needs to be. Granted, Calder were very, very strong this year, but there was nothing special about his Calder footy.

ledge
02-10-2014, 06:08 PM
His brother mentioned a year or so ago , he wasn't sure if josh was fully committed and would have to
Make up his mind soon, so maybe he just hasn't got the drive to play at an elite level.

bornadog
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
CONFIRMATION

Five players have been nominated under Father-Son Rule for NAB AFL Trade Bidding Meeting to be held on Monday October 6

Nominated Father-Sons are:

Josh Clayton, son of Scott
Zaine Cordy, son of Brian
Billy Stretch, son of Steven
Darcy Moore, son of Peter
Alec Waterman, son of Chris

The bidding commences at 10am before the trade period begins.

bornadog
03-10-2014, 04:13 PM
CONFIRMATION
One player has nominated under the provisions of the Father-Son Rookie Pre-Selection Rule:

(This is a rule to allow clubs to rookie-list a father/son eligible player should they go un-drafted in the National Draft)

Jack Long, son of Michael. (Essendon)
Overlooked
Harry Dear, son of Paul
Tyler Roos, son of Paul.

I wonder if Foster could have nominated under this rule? or is something else happening - does he think another club may pick him up?

LostDoggy
03-10-2014, 04:46 PM
CONFIRMATION
One player has nominated under the provisions of the Father-Son Rookie Pre-Selection Rule:

(This is a rule to allow clubs to rookie-list a father/son eligible player should they go un-drafted in the National Draft)

Jack Long, son of Michael. (Essendon)
Overlooked
Harry Dear, son of Paul
Tyler Roos, son of Paul.

I wonder if Foster could have nominated under this rule? or is something else happening - does he think another club may pick him up?

A club can pre-select an eligible player as a Category A rookie between the Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts (with the player’s consent) provided the player had nominated for but was not selected by another club at either the National or Pre-Season Drafts. In that case, the relevant club would forfeit its last available selection in the Rookie Draft to take the player.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/rookie-players

It would seem there's still the opportunity for those boys to be pre-selected, if not drafted beforehand, for the rookie draft. Essendon may have jumped the gun, as they usually do.

F'scary
03-10-2014, 11:53 PM
A club can pre-select an eligible player as a Category A rookie between the Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts (with the player’s consent) provided the player had nominated for but was not selected by another club at either the National or Pre-Season Drafts. In that case, the relevant club would forfeit its last available selection in the Rookie Draft to take the player.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/rookie-players

It would seem there's still the opportunity for those boys to be pre-selected, if not drafted beforehand, for the rookie draft. Essendon may have jumped the gun, as they usually do.

If the Club had wanted him as a senior listed player, they could have used ND F/S. They haven't. If they wanted him for the Rookie list they could have done what the Bumbers have done with Long's son. They haven't. Conclusion, the Club has no interest in recruiting Foster Jnr in 2014.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2014, 11:55 PM
If the Club had wanted him as a senior listed player, they could have used ND F/S. They haven't. If they wanted him for the Rookie list they could have done what the Bumbers have done with Long's son. They haven't. Conclusion, the Club has no interest in recruiting Foster Jnr in 2014.

Or they might be prepared to gamble he slips? If the club thinks he's too raw for the main list, and they see his true value in the RD, then they're playing it cool.

F'scary
04-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Or they might be prepared to gamble he slips? If the club thinks he's too raw for the main list, and they see his true value in the RD, then they're playing it cool.

Maybe the answer is that they are not prepared to use a live pick on him (it is quite possible that we will have nothing later than pick 43) and they don't want to lose face by naming him now for the Rookie F/S and someone does nab him late in the National Draft. Which would be somewhat how embarrassment.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Maybe the answer is that they are not prepared to use a live pick on him (it is quite possible that we will have nothing later than pick 43) and they don't want to lose face by naming him now for the Rookie F/S and someone does nab him late in the National Draft. Which would be somewhat how embarrassment.

Everything is a gamble at this time of the year. He's been playing out of the goal square at TAC and since Dunstall retired it's not a position. Like many tall kids before him, recruiters have to work out if he has enough tricks to make it in different roles. I think he can, but I'm not a recruiter. The rookie draft would be a good result for the club, perhaps that an indication on why Redpath hasn't been mentioned as a upgrade or delisting (that I'm aware of).

F'scary
04-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Everything is a gamble at this time of the year...

Yes, now we are right in the thick of it, I can see how easy it would be to make some of the blunders we have made in the past or even do a Melbourne and blow every draft/trade period for about 5 years.

Twodogs
04-10-2014, 02:32 AM
Everything is a gamble at this time of the year. He's been playing out of the goal square at TAC and since Dunstall retired it's not a position. Like many tall kids before him, recruiters have to work out if he has enough tricks to make it in different roles. I think he can, but I'm not a recruiter. The rookie draft would be a good result for the club, perhaps that an indication on why Redpath hasn't been mentioned as a upgrade or delisting (that I'm aware of).

Al Lynch and Fraser Gehrig spring to mind.

Remi Moses
04-10-2014, 03:04 AM
The goal square full forwards died, unfortunately.

Hotdog60
04-10-2014, 08:41 AM
If you had a contested marking machine I think the full time full forward could make a return.
He would earn his pay if he could contribute 4 or more goals a game.

G-Mo77
04-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Why wouldn't they do what Essendon has done? We'll have a clear rookie list in 2015, surely he's worth a punt on the rookie list for one season.

Seems they don't rate him at all.

GVGjr
04-10-2014, 09:18 AM

I think there is still a good chance he will end up with us.

bornadog
04-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Why wouldn't they do what Essendon has done? We'll have a clear rookie list in 2015, surely he's worth a punt on the rookie list for one season.

I wonder when we will announce what is happening with the remaining Rookies

azabob
04-10-2014, 11:29 AM

I think I read on this board we still have time to nominate him they way Essendon have done with Long.

LostDoggy
06-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Bulldogs bid for Darcy Moore Collingwood matches it!

Sedat
06-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Think we have dodged a bullet with Zaine Cordy for our 2nd rounder. Already into round 2 of bidding

LostDoggy
06-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Geelong didn't bid pick 13!

Freo bids pick 51 for Zaine Cordy. The Bulldogs match it.

soupman
06-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Freo bids pick 51 for Cordy. Bulldogs match it. Means we get him with pick 61.

Bulldog Revolution
06-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Thats more like it

Hes a speculative tall - was never going to be worth a 2nd rounder

So now its a fourth rounder?

westdog54
06-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Am I reading that right? We only pay a 4th rounder?

soupman
Pick 61 guys

Axe Man
Massive win getting Cordy for pick 61!

Bulldog Revolution
06-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Pick 61 guys

Cheers Soupa - thats a good outcome

soupman
06-10-2014, 11:09 AM
That gives us a lot of flexibility with trades. That 3rd rounder could come in handy.

jeemak
06-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Thank Jeebus for that, I was always a little uncomfortable with using a lowish second round selection on him.