PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Player Awards 2013 - Leaderboard

Go_Dogs
02-04-2013, 10:05 PM
WOOF Player Awards - (WPA)

Here is the tally Board after our Round 1 game against Brisbane.

Tuesday evenings around 8.00pm will be the cut off time to cast your votes after a game....then soon after the results will be up on this thread.

Round 1: - Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Will Minson
2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Brett Goodes

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Luke Dahlhaus

Comments -

Marmo - Lots of players polling in the Marmo, Griff just taking the votes off Minson.

James - Liberatore a way in front of Dahlhaus in the voting - with Dahlhaus edging out Wallis for second.

Go_Dogs
09-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 2 game against Fremantle.

Tuesday evenings around 8.00pm will be the cut off time to cast your votes after a game....then soon after the results will be up on this thread.

Round 2: - Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle Votes

Marmo -

4 -Tom Liberatore
3 -Adam Cooney
2 -Will Minson
1 -Luke Dahlhaus

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Luke Dahlhaus

Comments -

Marmo - Lots of players polling in the Marmo, Libba taking the votes off Cooney who looks in great touch. Young and Cross next in line outside the vote getters.

James - Liberatore a way in front of Dahlhaus in the voting - with Dahlhaus edging out Young for second.

Marmo - Leaderboard
1. Tom Liberatore - 6 votes
2. Will Minson - 5 votes
3. Ryan Griffen - 4 votes
4. Adam Cooney - 3 votes
5. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
5. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote

Pups - James - Leaderboard
1. Tom Liberatore - 4 votes
2. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes

EasternWest
09-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Great work G.

boydogs
09-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Marmo - Leaderboard
2. Will Minson - 5 votes
3. Ryan Griffen - 4 votes
4. Adam Cooney - 3 votes
5. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
5. Tom Young - 1 vote

Think it should be Dahlhaus not Young in there

Go_Dogs
09-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Think it should be Dahlhaus not Young in there

You're right, corrected it. Cheers.

Go_Dogs
17-04-2013, 12:35 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 3 game against Richmond.

Round 3: - Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Votes

Marmo -

4 -Liam Jones
3 -Ryan Griffen
2 -Adam Cooney
1 -Tom Young

Pups - James

2 -Liam Jones
1 -Tom Young

Comments -

Marmo - Jones comfortably, great to see a key forward, along with Griffen and Cooney in the votes. Tom Young continues his impressive start to the year. Griff leading overall.

James -Jones easily from Young in the James, Libba still out in front after a quieter week.

Marmo - Leaderboard
1. Ryan Griffen - 7 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 6 votes
3. Will Minson - 5 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 5 votes
4. Liam Jones - 4 votes
5. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
5. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
5. Tom Young - 1 vote

1. Tom Liberatore - 4 votes
2. Liam Jones - 2 votes
3. Tom Young - 1 vote

Go_Dogs
25-04-2013, 09:34 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 4 game against Adelaide.

Round 3: - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide Votes

Marmo -

4 -Adam Cooney
3 -Tom Liberatore
2 -Will Minson
1 -Dale Morris

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Tom Young

Comments -

Marmo - Cooney takes the chocolates, fairly even week of voting. He and Libba in front.

James -Libba again, from Young who is proving to be a great addition to the side. Libba looks a likely run away winner.

Marmo - Leaderboard
1. Adam Cooney - 9 votes
1. Tom Liberatore - 9 votes
2. Ryan Griffen - 7 votes
2. Will Minson - 7 votes
3. Liam Jones - 4 votes
4. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
4. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
4. Tom Young - 1 vote
4. Dale Morris - 1 vote

2. Liam Jones - 2 votes
2. Tom Young - 2 votes

westdog54
01-05-2013, 12:21 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 5 game against Geelong.

Round 5: - Western Bulldogs vs Geelong Votes

Marmo -

4 -Liam Jones
3 -Tom Liberatore
2 -Tom Young
1 -Jason Johannisen

Pups - James

2 -Liam Jones
1 -Tom Liberatore

Comments -

Marmo - Liam Jones receives Votes from every poster to cast their votes in an emphatic performance. Libba rewarded again for his work in the clearances. Voting for 3rd to 5th was very close, only 5 votes separating Tom Young and Will Minson out of 37 sets of votes cast.

James -Having taken in a very inexperienced side it was very heartening to see James-eligible players take the top 4 spots in the Marmo voting. As such James votes are awarded accordingly.

Marmo - Leaderboard
1. Tom Liberatore - 12 votes
2. Adam Cooney - 9 votes
3. Liam Jones - 8 votes
4. Ryan Griffen - 7 votes
4. Will Minson - 7 votes
5. Tom Young - 3 votes
6. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
6. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
6. Dale Morris - 1 vote
6. Jason Johannisen - 1 Vote

1. Tom Liberatore - 7 votes
2. Liam Jones - 4 votes
3. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
4. Tom Young - 2 votes

Ozza
01-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Good to see Jones and Libba so prominent in the votes early in the year. The emergence of these two as players has a notable bearing on how quickly we can build a good side.

Greystache
01-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Good to see Jones and Libba so prominent in the votes early in the year. The emergence of these two as players has a notable bearing on how quickly we can build a good side.

I was thinking the same thing, also with Cooney up there too that's a good looking top 3.

bornadog
01-05-2013, 10:22 AM
I was thinking the same thing, also with Cooney up there too that's a good looking top 3.

and Minson right up there:D

Greystache
01-05-2013, 10:42 AM
and Minson right up there:D

Not as high as some would have him.

Bulldog Joe
01-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Not as high as some would have him.

He may be way above your rating Stache, but Minson would be closest we have to the AA squad on the year to date.

Scorlibo
01-05-2013, 12:08 PM
To me Jones has played 1 decent game, 1 good game, 2 very average games and 1 flat out terrible game (admittedly in poor conditions). Not quite sure how he's received 2 bogs in the last 3 weeks and stands in third place?

Murphy'sLore
01-05-2013, 12:08 PM
It's the heady aroma of hope.

Cyberdoggie
01-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Am i right in saying that none of Boyd, Murphy, Cross and Gia have any votes yet?
And Morris only has 1.

Disapointing that they aren't featuring but also excellent that it's our youth that are so dominant, as well as the guys that are in their peak age (Cooney, Minson, Griffen).

bornadog
01-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Am i right in saying that none of Boyd, Murphy, Cross and Gia have any votes yet?
And Morris only has 1.

Disapointing that they aren't featuring but also excellent that it's our youth that are so dominant, as well as the guys that are in their peak age (Cooney, Minson, Griffen).

Boyd missed the first three games. I thought he was one of our best against Geelong, but not many gave him votes.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-05-2013, 05:39 PM
To me Jones has played 1 decent game, 1 good game, 2 very average games and 1 flat out terrible game (admittedly in poor conditions). Not quite sure how he's received 2 bogs in the last 3 weeks and stands in third place?

Not sure why some posters are trying to downplay Jones' impact.

He clearly beat Rance and had a good game in a very poor team performance, whilst he was excellent v Geelong against some quality opponents.

Not sure why it's surprising he got 2 BOG's from that.

Scorlibo
02-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Not sure why some posters are trying to downplay Jones' impact.

He clearly beat Rance and had a good game in a very poor team performance, whilst he was excellent v Geelong against some quality opponents.

Not sure why it's surprising he got 2 BOG's from that.

Against Richmond I would have thought Cross our best, with Griffen a close second. Jones kicked 4 but the way he kicked them wasn't so convincing, imo. You might say, "4 goals is 4 goals, doesn't matter how you kick them", but then 30 disposals is 30 disposals. 30 disposals and a goal for Griffen, when next best was 23 touches for Cross, always has to beat 9 disposals and 4 goals. In my view, Jones would have to line up behind Cross, Murphy and Griffen for best on against Richmond.

Against the Cats he played a far more complete game, but looking at the votes it seems that nearly everyone had him as their best, and that gives the impression he was by far and away our best player - which simply isn't true. If he was our best, it was marginal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about the emergence of Jones, but I think the plaudits are a bit premature.

F'scary
02-05-2013, 01:11 PM
The Tom "Bluey" Young surprise packet continues.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Against Richmond I would have thought Cross our best, with Griffen a close second. Jones kicked 4 but the way he kicked them wasn't so convincing, imo. You might say, "4 goals is 4 goals, doesn't matter how you kick them", but then 30 disposals is 30 disposals. 30 disposals and a goal for Griffen, when next best was 23 touches for Cross, always has to beat 9 disposals and 4 goals. In my view, Jones would have to line up behind Cross, Murphy and Griffen for best on against Richmond.

Against the Cats he played a far more complete game, but looking at the votes it seems that nearly everyone had him as their best, and that gives the impression he was by far and away our best player - which simply isn't true. If he was our best, it was marginal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about the emergence of Jones, but I think the plaudits are a bit premature.

It's a fair case for the Richmond game Socrlibo, I'll take your word on it because I didn't see the game but figured we were pretty poor all over the park so it wouldn't have been hard to stand out. I did read we had something like 25 F50 entries though, which is ridiculously low, so it's a good effort from Liam to have the impact he did on the scoreboard.

In regards to the Geelong game, I think he had the most impact. It was the best game I've seen him play, it really was a complete game as you said, and he did it against some serious quality. The fact that our forward half has been incompetent for 24 months (or so) may have clouded some of our views, but I think he's pretty deserving of the BOG nonetheless.

always right
03-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Against the Cats he played a far more complete game, but looking at the votes it seems that nearly everyone had him as their best, and that gives the impression he was by far and away our best player - which simply isn't true.

No....it suggests that everyone agreed he was our best player. Nothing to do with margin.

Scorlibo
04-05-2013, 09:41 AM
No....it suggests that everyone agreed he was our best player. Nothing to do with margin.

I didn't agree, and if he was our best by a close margin, more people would be giving him 3, 2, 1 votes. They're inevitably related, AR.

Go_Dogs
08-05-2013, 09:02 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 6 game against West Coast.

Round 6: - West Coast vs Western Bulldogs Votes

Marmo -

4 -Clay Smith
3 -Liam Jones
2 -Will Minson
1 -Adam Cooney

Pups - James

2 -Clay Smith
1 -Liam Jones

Comments -

Marmo - Smith the standout vote getter this week, with Jones and Minson close for second spot and Cooney continuing his good form.

James -Smith and Jones take out the James votes comfortably this week.

Marmo - Leaderboard
2. Liam Jones - 11 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 10 votes
4. Will Minson - 9 votes
5. Ryan Griffen - 7 votes
6. Clay Smith - 4 votes
7. Tom Young - 3 votes
8. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
8. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
8. Dale Morris - 1 vote
8. Jason Johannisen - 1 Vote

2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
3. Tom Young - 2 votes
3. Clay Smith - 2 votes

F'scary
08-05-2013, 01:45 PM
What! No Stringer?

Go_Dogs
08-05-2013, 09:10 PM
What! No Stringer?

Not yet, although if he doesn't poll in the next few weeks I might have to find a way to manipulate it so he's leading - surely it's a forgone conclusion he'll win both the Marmo and James. :D

F'scary
09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Not yet, although if he doesn't poll in the next few weeks I might have to find a way to manipulate it so he's leading - surely it's a forgone conclusion he'll win both the Marmo and James. :D

Were you also in charge of the Malaysian elections?

westdog54
09-05-2013, 06:15 PM

Stringer won't need to win either. He'll simply stare at some Toy soldiers until they mold themselves into the Jake Stringer Medal.

Go_Dogs
14-05-2013, 11:28 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 7 game against North.

Round 7: - Western Bulldogs v North Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Nick Lower
2 -Bob Murphy
1 -Will Minson

Pups - James

2 -Luke Dahlhaus
1 -Tom Young

Comments -

Marmo -Griffen back and in good touch, one vote separating Minson and Murphy.

James -Dahl back in the votes this week, with Young earning another vote, just edging out JJ.

Marmo - Leaderboard
2. Liam Jones - 11 votes
2. Ryan Griffen - 11 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 10 votes
3. Will Minson - 10 votes
4. Clay Smith - 4 votes
5. Nick Lower - 3 votes
5. Tom Young - 3 votes
6. Bob Murphy - 2 votes
7. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
7. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
7. Dale Morris - 1 vote
7. Jason Johannisen - 1 Vote

2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Luke Dahlhaus - 4 votes
4. Tom Young - 3 votes
5. Clay Smith - 2 votes

Greystache
21-05-2013, 09:43 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 8 game against Gold Coast.

Round 8: - Western Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Adam Cooney
2 -Jackson McCrae
1 -Jason Johannisen

Pups - James

2 -Jackson McCrae
1 -Jason Johannisen

Comments -

Marmo - Ryan Griffen a standout winner receiving votes from nearly every poster to cast their votes in an emphatic performance. He has now taken over the lead from Libba. Great to also see two youngsters with less than 10 games featuring strongly amongst the votes.

James -Two new names making up the votes this week in McCrae and JJ

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 15 votes
2. Adam Cooney - 13 votes
3. Tom Liberatore - 12 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Will Minson - 10 votes
6. Clay Smith - 4 votes
6. Nick Lower - 3 votes
6. Tom Young - 3 votes
7. Bob Murphy - 2 votes
7. Jackson MaCrae- 2 Votes
7. Jason Johannisen - 2 Votes
8. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
8. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
8. Dale Morris - 1 vote

2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Tom Young - 3 votes
4. Clay Smith - 2 votes
4. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
4. Jackson McCrae- 2 votes
4. Jason Johannisen- 2 votes

Go_Dogs
29-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 9 game against St Kilda.

Round 9: - Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Votes

Marmo -

4 -Koby Stevens
3 -Ryan Griffen
2 -Matthew Boyd
1 -Will Minson

Pups - James

2 -Koby Stevens
1 -Jason Johannisen

Comments -

Marmo - very close in the voting this week with Stevens just edging out Griff for best on ground.

James -Stevens dominated the voting in the James.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 18 votes
2. Adam Cooney - 13 votes
3. Tom Liberatore - 12 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Will Minson - 10 votes
6. Clay Smith - 4 votes
6. Koby Stevens - 4 votes
7. Nick Lower - 3 votes
7. Tom Young - 3 votes
8. Bob Murphy - 2 votes
7. Matthew Boyd - 2 votes
7. Jackson MaCrae- 2 Votes
7. Jason Johannisen - 2 Votes
9. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
9. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
11. Dale Morris - 1 vote

2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Jason Johannisen - 3 votes
3. Tom Young - 3 votes
4. Clay Smith - 2 votes
4. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
4. Jackson McCrae- 2 votes
4. Koby Stevens - 2 votes

Go_Dogs
05-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 10 game against Port Adelaide.

Round 10: - Western Bulldogs vs Port Adelaide Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Will Minson
2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Daniel Giansiracusa

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
0.5 -Clay Smith and Jason Johannisen

Comments -

Marmo -Griffen extends his lead in the Marmo and is now looking a very strong chance to take out the award. Liberatore and Minson continue on their fine seasons and Giansiracusa notches his first vote for the season.

James -Liberatore continues his dominance of the James Award and this week saw the first split vote, with Johannisen and Smith sharing the honours and walking away with half a point each.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 22 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 14 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 13 votes
3. Will Minson - 13 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Clay Smith - 4 votes
5. Koby Stevens - 4 votes
6. Nick Lower - 3 votes
6. Tom Young - 3 votes
7. Bob Murphy - 2 votes
8. Matthew Boyd - 2 votes
8. Jackson MaCrae- 2 Votes
8. Jason Johannisen - 2 Votes
9. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
9. Dale Morris - 1 vote
9. Daniel Giansiracusa - 1 vote

2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Jason Johannisen - 3.5 votes
4. Tom Young - 3 votes
5. Clay Smith - 2.5 votes
5. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
5. Jackson McCrae- 2 votes
5. Koby Stevens - 2 votes

Go_Dogs
05-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Just to let everyone know, I noted we had made a couple of errors in the leaderboard which has now been amended to reflect the correct position.

Go_Dogs
23-06-2013, 11:56 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 12 game against Collingwood.

Round 12: - Western Bulldogs vs Collingwood Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Robert Murphy
2 -Michael Talia
1 -Jake Stringer

Pups - James

2 -Michael Talia
1 -Jake Stringer

Comments -

Marmo -Griffen again our best, now building an unbeatable lead. He and Murph dominated the voting with two young, dare I say KP like players fill out the votes.

James -Talia and Stringer get the votes in the James this week, both polling their first votes for the season. I expect we'll see them score more votes as the season progresses.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 26 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Bob Murphy - 5 votes
6. Clay Smith - 4 votes
7. Nick Lower - 3 votes
7. Tom Young - 3 votes
8. Jackson MaCrae- 2 Votes
8. Michael Talia - 2 votes
9. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
9. Dale Morris - 1 vote
9. Daniel Giansiracusa - 1 vote
9. Jake Stringer - 1 vote

2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Jason Johannisen - 3.5 votes
4. Tom Young - 3 votes
5. Clay Smith - 2.5 votes
6. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
6. Jackson McCrae- 2 votes
6. Koby Stevens - 2 votes
6. Michael Talia - 2 votes
7. Jake Stringer - 1 vote

Go_Dogs
26-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 13 game against Richmond.

Round 13: - Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Clay Smith
2 -Jordan Roughead
1 -Jackson Macrae

Pups - James

2 -Clay Smith
1 -Jordan Roughead

Comments -

Marmo -Griffen once again our best by a fair way, with 3 pups rounding out the votes and 2 other pups close to finishing in the votes - good signs for the future. Roughead polls his first votes for the year.

James -Clay Smith is starting to poll well in the James and could now be in contention for a place in this award as the season continues, Roughead again polling his first votes in this award.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 30 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Clay Smith - 7 votes
6. Bob Murphy - 5 votes
7. Koby Stevens - 4 votes
8. Nick Lower - 3 votes
8. Tom Young - 3 votes
8. Jackson MaCrae- 3 Votes
9. Matthew Boyd - 2 votes
9. Jason Johannisen - 2 Votes
9. Michael Talia - 2 votes
9. Jordan Roughead - 2 votes
10. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
10. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
10. Dale Morris - 1 vote
10. Daniel Giansiracusa - 1 vote
10. Jake Stringer - 1 vote

2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Clay Smith - 4.5 votes
4. Jason Johannisen - 3.5 votes
5. Tom Young - 3 votes
6. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
6. Jackson McCrae- 2 votes
6. Koby Stevens - 2 votes
6. Michael Talia - 2 votes
7. Jake Stringer - 1 vote
8. Jordan Roughead - 1 vote

LostDoggy
27-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Griffin has been amazing this year - 6 times out of 13 rounds the best bulldog player as determined by WOOF members

Greystache
04-07-2013, 01:27 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 14 game against Melbourne.

Round 14: - Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne Votes

Marmo -

4 -Tom Liberatore
3 -Ryan Griffen
2 -Will Minson
1 -Daniel Giansiracusa

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Jackson MCcrae

Comments -

Marmo -Libba a comfortable winner followed by perennial Marmo vote getter and leader Griffen, with Minson just pipping Gia to round out the votes.

James -Libba was the unanimous winner in the James followed by a strong performance from McCrae.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 33 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 18 votes
3. Will Minson - 15 votes
4. Adam Cooney - 13 votes
5. Liam Jones - 11 votes
6. Clay Smith - 7 votes
7. Bob Murphy - 5 votes
8. Koby Stevens - 4 votes
9. Nick Lower - 3 votes
10. Tom Young - 3 votes
10. Jackson MaCrae- 3 Votes
11. Matthew Boyd - 2 votes
11. Jason Johannisen - 2 Votes
11. Michael Talia - 2 votes
11. Jordan Roughead - 2 votes
11. Daniel Giansiracusa - 2 votes
12. Brett Goodes - 1 vote
12. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
12. Dale Morris - 1 vote
11. Jake Stringer - 1 vote

1. Tom Liberatore - 11 votes
2. Liam Jones - 5 votes
3. Clay Smith - 4.5 votes
5. Tom Young - 3 votes
5. Jackson McCrae- 3 votes
7. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
7. Koby Stevens - 2 votes
7. Michael Talia - 2 votes
8. Jake Stringer - 1 vote

always right
04-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Interested to see such a narrow margin between Minson and Cooney. Whilst Cooney played some good games earlier in the season, his and Will's seasons have been poles apart IMO. I guess if the number of votes available each week was greater, we would see a much bigger margin.

Cyberdoggie
04-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Shows how disappointing Mitch Wallis has been this year.
Doesn't have a vote in either leaderboard.

bulldogtragic
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Shows how disappointing Mitch Wallis has been this year.
Doesn't have a vote in either leaderboard.
Beat me to it CD. If we (WOOF) are right, Wallis has had a shocking year.

Go_Dogs
04-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Beat me to it CD. If we (WOOF) are right, Wallis has had a shocking year.

Trying to put a positive spin on it, I guess it illustrates how well the development of our other younger players is going that so many of them have polled well in the votes. The results (besides Libba) are really evenly spread which highlights the inconsistency all younger players go through.

Go_Dogs
10-07-2013, 07:35 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 15 game against Greater Western Sydney.

Round 15: - Western Bulldogs vs Greater Western Sydney Votes

Marmo -

4 -Clay Smith
3 -Michael Talia
2 -Luke Dahlhaus
1 -Brett Goodes

Pups - James

2 -Clay Smith
1 -Michael Talia

Comments -

Marmo -Smith and Talia way out in front this week, with Dahlhaus and Goodes rounding out the vote getters.

James -Smith and Talia secure the votes this week.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 33 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 18 votes
5. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Clay Smith - 11 votes
6. Bob Murphy - 5 votes
6. Michael Talia - 5 votes
8. Nick Lower - 3 votes
8. Tom Young - 3 votes
9. Daniel Giansiracusa - 2 votes
9. Brett Goodes - 2 votes
9. Luke Dahlhaus - 2 votes
10. Luke Dahlhaus - 1 vote
10. Dale Morris - 1 vote

1. Tom Liberatore - 11 votes
2. Clay Smith - 6.5 votes
3. Liam Jones - 5 votes
5. Tom Young - 3 votes
5. Michael Talia - 3 votes

Go_Dogs
24-07-2013, 07:34 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 16 game against Essendon.

Round 16: - Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Votes

Marmo -

4 -Tom Liberatore
3 -Nathan Hrovat
2 -Ryan Griffen
1 -Dale Morris

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Nathan Hrovat

Comments -

Marmo -Two young players in Liberatore and Hrovat snaring the major votes against Essendon.

James -And both young players of course taking out the votes in the James for round 16.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 35 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 22 votes
5. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Clay Smith - 11 votes
6. Bob Murphy - 5 votes
8. Nick Lower - 3 votes
8. Tom Young - 3 votes
8. Luke Dahlhaus - 3 votes
8. Nathan Hrovat - 3 votes
9. Daniel Giansiracusa - 2 votes
9. Dale Morris - 2 votes

1. Tom Liberatore - 13 votes
3. Liam Jones - 5 votes
5. Tom Young - 3 votes
5. Michael Talia - 3 votes
8. Nathan Hrovat - 1 vote

Go_Dogs
24-07-2013, 07:41 PM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 17 game against Hawthorn.

Round 17: - Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Tom Liberatore
2 -Adam Cooney
1 -Daniel Giansiracusa

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Jackson Macrae

Comments -

Marmo -Griff back on top in the votes this week, with Liberatore narrowly edging out Cooney for the 3 votes and Gia pulling in the final vote.

James -Liberatore continues his dominance in the James and Macrae comes through for another vote.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 39 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 25 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 15 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
4. Clay Smith - 11 votes
5. Bob Murphy - 5 votes
5. Michael Talia - 5 votes
7. Nick Lower - 3 votes
7. Tom Young - 3 votes
7. Jackson MaCrae- 3 Votes
7. Luke Dahlhaus - 3 votes
7. Nathan Hrovat - 3 votes
7. Daniel Giansiracusa - 3 votes
8. Jordan Roughead - 2 votes
8. Brett Goodes - 2 votes
8. Dale Morris - 2 votes

1. Tom Liberatore - 15 votes
3. Liam Jones - 5 votes
4. Jackson Macrae - 4 votes
5. Jason Johannisen - 3.5 votes
6. Tom Young - 3 votes
6. Michael Talia - 3 votes

Greystache
14-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 18 game against West Coast.

Round 18: - Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Votes

Marmo -

4 -Luke Dahlhaus
3 -Robert Murphy
2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Adam Cooney

Pups - James

2 -Luke Dahlhaus
1 -Tom Liberatore

Comments -

Marmo -Dahlhaus a massive winner in this game. We're running a bit behind at the moment but hopefully will have the scoreboard up to date by the end of the day.

James -Again Dahlhaus almost a unanimous winner.

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 39 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 27 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 16 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
4. Clay Smith - 11 votes
5. Bob Murphy - 8 votes
6. Luke Dahlhaus - 7 votes
7. Michael Talia - 5 votes
9. Nick Lower - 3 votes
9. Tom Young - 3 votes
9. Jackson MaCrae- 3 Votes
9. Nathan Hrovat - 3 votes
9. Daniel Giansiracusa - 3 votes
10. Matthew Boyd - 2 votes
10. Jason Johannisen - 2 Votes
10. Jordan Roughead - 2 votes
10. Brett Goodes - 2 votes
10. Dale Morris - 2 votes

1. Tom Liberatore - 17 votes
3. Liam Jones - 5 votes
4. Luke Dahlhaus - 4 votes
6. Tom Young - 3 votes

Greystache
15-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 19 game against Sydney Swans.

Round 19: - Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Votes

Marmo -

4 -Ryan Griffen
3 -Mitch Wallis
2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Jarrad Grant

Pups - James

2 -Mitch Wallis
1 -Tom Liberatore

Comments -

Marmo -Griffen voted BOG yet again, with Mitch Wallis closely behind. Libba and Grant round out the votes in a good performance from our younger group.

James -Mitch Wallis a stand out winner in the James

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 43 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 29 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 16 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
4. Clay Smith - 11 votes
5. Bob Murphy - 8 votes
9. Nick Lower - 3 votes
9. Tom Young - 3 votes
9. Mitch Wallis- 3 votes
10. Jordan Roughead - 2 votes
11. Jarrad Grant- 1 vote

1. Tom Liberatore - 18 votes
3. Liam Jones - 5 votes
6. Tom Young - 3 votes
7. Mitch Wallis- 2 votes

Greystache
15-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 20 game against Carlton.

Round 20: - Western Bulldogs vs Sydney votes

Marmo -

4 -Jarrad Grant
3 -Adam Cooney
2 -Ryan Griffen
1 -Jordan Roughead

Pups - James

2 -Jordan Roughead
1 -Tom Young

Comments -

Marmo -Jarrad Grant in a break out performance scoring votes for the second week in a row. Griff continues to poll well, and Cooney getting amongst it.

James -Roughead the winner in the James this week with Tom Young taking out the 1 vote closely edging out Libba

Marmo - Leaderboard

1. Ryan Griffen - 45 votes
2. Tom Liberatore - 29 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 19 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
4. Clay Smith - 11 votes
5. Bob Murphy - 8 votes
7. Jarrad Grant- 5 votes
9. Nick Lower - 3 votes
9. Tom Young - 3 votes
9. Mitch Wallis- 3 votes
9. Jordan Roughead - 3 votes

1. Tom Liberatore - 18 votes
3. Liam Jones - 5 votes
6. Tom Young - 4 votes
6. Jordan Roughead - 3 vote
7. Mitch Wallis- 2 votes

Maddog37
15-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Liam jones and Clay Smith both top ten in the best and fairest??!!

The Bulldogs Bite
15-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Liam jones and Clay Smith both top ten in the best and fairest??!!

Jones had two very good games when we got belted IIRC, so it isn't a true reflection of his year. I thought his first half of the season was inconsistent but promising, I think he's really struggled in the second half which has been disappointing.

Clay was having a very good year prior to his bad injury -- a real shame.

Note: It also highlights that our list is young, developing and even at the moment. Aside from Griffen, Libba and Cooney there aren't any "stand outs" so I think the voting reflects this.

bornadog
15-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Jones had two very good games when we got belted IIRC, so it isn't a true reflection of his year. I thought his first half of the season was inconsistent but promising, I think he's really struggled in the second half which has been disappointing.

Clay was having a very good year prior to his bad injury -- a real shame.

Note: It also highlights that our list is young, developing and even at the moment. Aside from Griffen, Libba and Cooney there aren't any "stand outs" so I think the voting reflects this.

Minson not a standout?

The Bulldogs Bite
15-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Minson not a standout?

A very good player, but not a match winner.

bornadog
15-08-2013, 04:41 PM
A very good player, but not a match winner.

You named three midfielders - who do they get their taps from ;) Minson has been a standout in rucking.

Anyway, I know what you mean.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-08-2013, 06:09 PM
You named three midfielders - who do they get their taps from ;) Minson has been a standout in rucking.

Anyway, I know what you mean.

No doubt as a pure tap specialist, Minson is elite, it's his lack of work around the ground (and up forward) which is why he isn't a genuine superstar/match winner.

Go_Dogs
21-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 21 game against Adelaide.

Round 21: - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide votes

Marmo -

4 -Tory Dickson
3 -Tom Liberatore
2 -Mitch Wallis
1 -Adam Cooney

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Mitch Wallis

Comments -

Marmo -Dickson the standout vote getting this week, with young F/S selections Liberatore and Wallis rounding out the places, with Wally just edging out Cooney for the 3. Campbell a close 5 this week, just missing out on a vote.

James -Libba and Wally, I'm sure we'll be seeing their names in both of these awards frequently over the next 10 years.

Marmo - Leaderboard

2. Tom Liberatore - 32 votes
3. Adam Cooney - 20 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
4. Clay Smith - 11 votes
5. Bob Murphy - 8 votes
7. Jarrad Grant- 5 votes
7. Mitch Wallis- 5 votes
8. Tory Dickson - 4 votes
9. Nick Lower - 3 votes
9. Tom Young - 3 votes
9. Jordan Roughead - 3 votes

1. Tom Liberatore - 20 votes
3. Liam Jones - 5 votes
6. Tom Young - 4 votes
6. Jordan Roughead - 3 vote
6. Mitch Wallis- 3 votes

Bulldog Joe
21-08-2013, 12:25 PM
No doubt as a pure tap specialist, Minson is elite, it's his lack of work around the ground (and up forward) which is why he isn't a genuine superstar/match winner.

I take issue with this comment.

There is absolutely no lack of work anywhere from Big Will. He does plenty around the ground without being a high possession player. His numbers still stack up pretty well on pure possession with most of the rucks.

Compared to Todd Goldstein this year, Will has more possesions, more tackles, more goal assists and more 1%.

There is however, his inability to be a genuine marking target that holds him back.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I take issue with this comment.

There is absolutely no lack of work anywhere from Big Will. He does plenty around the ground without being a high possession player. His numbers still stack up pretty well on pure possession with most of the rucks.

Compared to Todd Goldstein this year, Will has more possesions, more tackles, more goal assists and more 1%.

There is however, his inability to be a genuine marking target that holds him back.

Goldstein is far from being elite/a match winner too, so I'm not sure of your point?

To be fair, there isn't many 'elite/match winning' ruckmen and that's why a few coaches (eg. Eade and Sheedy) have previously made comment about trading for them rather than using early picks.

Which is why as a specialist ruckman, Minson is elite, but as a AFL footballer he is not a match winner.

azabob
21-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Goldstein is far from being elite/a match winner too, so I'm not sure of your point?

I guess others claim Goldstein is the other option for AA ruckman.

bornadog
21-08-2013, 11:42 PM

To be fair, there isn't many 'elite/match winning' ruckmen and that's why a few coaches (eg. Eade and Sheedy) have previously made comment about trading for them rather than using early picks.

Which is why as a specialist ruckman, Minson is elite, but as a AFL footballer he is not a match winner.

How many so called "Elite" ruckman have there ever been, not many I would say.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-08-2013, 12:33 AM
How many so called "Elite" ruckman have there ever been, not many I would say.

Not many, which is part of why clubs won't use early picks on them anymore (ie. Grundy slipping to 18)

Go_Dogs
04-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 22 game against Brisbane.

Round 22: - Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane votes

Marmo -

4 -Luke Dahlhaus
3 -Tom Liberatore
2 -Matthew Boyd
1 -Liam Picken

Pups - James

2 -Luke Dahlhaus
1 -Tom Liberatore

Comments -

Marmo -Dahlhaus continued his strong finish to the year against Brisbane and Liberatore continued his great season. Boyd was back in the votes, and Liam Picken got his name on the board, at last.

James -Dahlhaus just taking the votes from Liberatore this week, setting the scene for a tight finish for 2nd place.

Marmo - Leaderboard

2. Tom Liberatore - 35 votes
4. Liam Jones - 11 votes
4. Clay Smith - 11 votes
4. Luke Dahlhaus - 11 votes
5. Bob Murphy - 8 votes
6. Jarrad Grant- 5 votes
6. Mitch Wallis- 5 votes
7. Tory Dickson - 4 votes
7. Matthew Boyd - 4 votes
8. Nick Lower - 3 votes
8. Tom Young - 3 votes
8. Nathan Hrovat - 3 votes
8. Daniel Giansiracusa - 3 votes
8. Jordan Roughead - 3 votes
9. Dale Morris - 2 votes
10. Liam Picken - 1 vote

1. Tom Liberatore - 21 votes
3. Luke Dahlhaus - 6 votes
5. Liam Jones - 5 votes
6. Jackson Macrae - 4 votes
6. Tom Young - 4 votes
7. Jason Johannisen - 3.5 votes
8. Michael Talia - 3 votes
8. Jordan Roughead - 3 vote
8. Mitch Wallis- 3 votes
9. Koby Stevens - 2 votes
10. Nathan Hrovat - 1 vote

Go_Dogs
04-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Here is the tally Board after our Round 23 game against Melbourne.

Round 23: - Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne votes

Marmo -

4 -Tom Liberatore
3 -Matthew Boyd
2 -Will Minson
0.5 -Daniel Cross and Bob Murphy

Pups - James

2 -Tom Liberatore
1 -Lachie Hunter

Comments -

Marmo -Another BOG for Liberatore, with Boyd continuing his impressive end to the season, Minson again snaring votes and fittingly, Crossy and Murph tying for the final vote.

James -Liberatore extends his huge win in the James award, whilst Hunter snares a vote to join his other draftees in Macrae, Stringer and Hrovat on the board.

Marmo - Leaderboard

2. Tom Liberatore - 39 votes
4. Will Minson - 17 votes
5. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Clay Smith - 11 votes
5. Luke Dahlhaus - 11 votes
6. Bob Murphy - 8.5 votes
7. Matthew Boyd - 7 votes
8. Michael Talia - 5 votes
8. Jarrad Grant- 5 votes
8. Mitch Wallis- 5 votes
9. Koby Stevens - 4 votes
9. Tory Dickson - 4 votes
10. Nick Lower - 3 votes
10. Tom Young - 3 votes
10. Nathan Hrovat - 3 votes
10. Daniel Giansiracusa - 3 votes
10. Jordan Roughead - 3 votes
11. Brett Goodes - 2 votes
11. Dale Morris - 2 votes
12. Jake Stringer - 1 vote
12. Liam Picken - 1 vote
13. Daniel Cross - 0.5 votes

4. Liam Jones - 5 votes
5. Jackson Macrae - 4 votes
5. Tom Young - 4 votes
6. Jason Johannisen - 3.5 votes
7. Michael Talia - 3 votes
7. Jordan Roughead - 3 vote
7. Mitch Wallis- 3 votes
8. Koby Stevens - 2 votes
9. Nathan Hrovat - 1 vote
9. Lachie Hunter - 1 vote

bornadog
04-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Well done to Griffen and Libba.

Go_Dogs
04-09-2013, 10:35 AM
WOOF Player Awards - (WPA) - Winners Announcement

Well, lots of positives this year really demonstrated by the huge spread of votes in the James Award - a real indication we have a number of young players coming through who have all had strong moments throughout the course of the season.

The other highlight was that a number of our high finishing players in the Marmo are players who can be around for our push up the ladder over the next few seasons, in Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney and Will Minson.

A special thank you to all who contributed with votes this year and for my fellow mods who have assisted with the tallying of votes and updating of the leaderboard during the season.

Season 2013 - WOOF Player Awards - The Winners and Runner Ups

Marmo -
WINNER - Ryan Griffen

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/05/07/1225863/837010-ryan-griffen.jpg

Who takes his 3rd consecutive Marmo in the WOOF Player Awards, highlighting his fantastic season and increasing consistency which now sees him likely to be capped with an All Australia selection and a great chance to bring home his second Charlie Sutton Medal at the best and fairest. Well done Griff!

RUNNER UP - Tom Liberatore

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/07/18/1226681/652133-tom-liberatore.jpg

What a season by the young man, he's come along in leaps and bounds and is being widely recognised as unlucky to have missed a place in the All Australia squad. A monster inside the contest and clearance situation, with a strong defensive appetite for the game who is building his ability to impact the scoreboard too. A worthy runner up and another who is in contention to take home the B&F Award tonight.

Pups - James
WINNER - Tom Liberatore

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/07/18/1226681/652133-tom-liberatore.jpg

The runaway winner in the James voting this year, joining the ranks of Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Harbrow, Ward and fellow young gun Mitch Wallis who have all won the James Award since it's inception. A worthy winner who finds himself in great company.

RUNNER UP - Clay Smith

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/04/02/1226316/092632-clay-smith.jpg

Interestingly, Clay takes home the runner up Award in the James this year, despite missing a number of games due to his unfortunate knee injury. Clay has proven himself to be a tenacious competitor on the field who attacks the contest harder than just about anyone in the game. He has also shown his ability to work as a tagger and have an impact on the scoreboard. A player who we all hope makes a full recovery next year because he's going to be a gem.

Marmo - Leaderboard

2. Tom Liberatore - 39 votes
4. Will Minson - 17 votes
5. Liam Jones - 11 votes
5. Clay Smith - 11 votes
5. Luke Dahlhaus - 11 votes
6. Bob Murphy - 8.5 votes
7. Matthew Boyd - 7 votes
8. Michael Talia - 5 votes
8. Jarrad Grant- 5 votes
8. Mitch Wallis- 5 votes
9. Koby Stevens - 4 votes
9. Tory Dickson - 4 votes
10. Nick Lower - 3 votes
10. Tom Young - 3 votes
10. Nathan Hrovat - 3 votes
10. Daniel Giansiracusa - 3 votes
10. Jordan Roughead - 3 votes
11. Brett Goodes - 2 votes
11. Dale Morris - 2 votes
12. Jake Stringer - 1 vote
12. Liam Picken - 1 vote
13. Daniel Cross - 0.5 votes

4. Liam Jones - 5 votes
5. Jackson Macrae - 4 votes
5. Tom Young - 4 votes
6. Jason Johannisen - 3.5 votes
7. Michael Talia - 3 votes
7. Jordan Roughead - 3 vote
7. Mitch Wallis- 3 votes
8. Koby Stevens - 2 votes
9. Nathan Hrovat - 1 vote
9. Lachie Hunter - 1 vote

The Bulldogs Bite
04-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Great stuff Griffen16, thanks for your efforts.

Great years by Griffen, Libba and Minson. Cooney had a really strong second half of the year too.

We probably forget how well Smith was tracking prior to the unfortunate injury - hopefully he recovers well, because touch wood he should develop into a very good footballer.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks so much Griffen16, appreciate all your efforts with this.

Dry Rot
05-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Thanks so much Griffen16, appreciate all your efforts with this.

+1. Great work G16.