PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 - Other Matches

Eastdog
03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
It all starts up again on Friday night as Round 2 gets underway with St. Kilda taking on Richmond at the MCG. Each week from now Ill also put the fixture up for the entire round.

Round 2

05.04.2013 19:50 MCG St. Kilda vs Richmond

06.04.2013 13:45 SCG Sydney vs Gold Coast

06.04.2013 14:10 Etihad Stadium Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle

06.04.2013 15:40 Gabba Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide

06.04.2013 19:40 AAMI Stadium Port Adelaide vs Greater Western Sydney

06.04.2013 19:40 MCG Essendon vs Melbourne

07.04.2013 13:10 Etihad Stadium Geelong vs Kangaroos

07.04.2013 15:15 MCG Collingwood vs Carlton

07.04.2013 16:40 Patersons Stadium West Coast vs Hawthorn

LostDoggy
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Hope that the Saints get smashed. Really good for the comp when Richmond are up and about (except against us).

Greystache
03-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Hope that the Saints get smashed. Really good for the comp when Richmond are up and about (except against us).

A good belting by the team that just lost to Gold Coast would set Richmond up nicely for us in round 3 however.

Remi Moses
04-04-2013, 09:03 PM
If Richmond are going to play finals, they have to win this week.

LostDoggy
05-04-2013, 04:55 PM
A good belting by the team that just lost to Gold Coast would set Richmond up nicely for us in round 3 however.

Cotchin to throw a stray elbow into Milnes face and cop a week ban would be ideal.

Eastdog
05-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Tigers leading with about 6 minutes left in the final term. If the Tigers win and we win tomorrow it will be an early top of the table clash.

Eastdog
05-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Tigers win.

Ghost Dog
05-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Can't believe I picked the miserable Saints. Go back to Seaford....

Eastdog
05-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Got the exact tip Richmond by 17 points.

jeemak
05-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Loved how Bruce was asking whether the Saints might make the finals after this start, as if they were a realistic chance of being competitive this year anyway...........

Unless they're a team that's planned a preseason in mind for a late season surge or long term sustainability, they're screwed.

Sedat
05-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Jack Reiwoldt gives me the shits. He got 5 absolute cheapies bludging out the backdoor tonight.

jeemak
05-04-2013, 11:41 PM
As an aside, how in the name of all things holy can CH7 get away with promoting The Drop Kick Wankers instead of analysing the game so close to the end of the match.

Footy coverage is a joke these days. Thanks to Woof, I can turn it off.

Eastdog
05-04-2013, 11:45 PM
As an aside, how in the name of all things holy can CH7 get away with promoting The Drop Kick Wankers instead of analysing the game so close to the end of the match.

Footy coverage is a joke these days. Thanks to Woof, I can turn it off.

Some of the things Bruce says at times is cringe worthy.

Remi Moses
06-04-2013, 02:35 AM
Just watched the replay, and really Stkilda were kept at arms length.
Could we be seeing Milne fall of the cliff?( might be a long queue to push him off)
Stkilda spread and midfield depth is a weakness for mine.
Do they have to many nippy forward types.

Happy Days
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Jack Reiwoldt gives me the shits. He got 5 absolute cheapies bludging out the backdoor tonight.

C'mon man, he was easily the difference tonight, looked like kicking a goal every time he got near it.

bornadog
06-04-2013, 01:19 PM

I hate his arrogance too, but I would have him over Everitt every time;)

Greystache
06-04-2013, 08:59 PM
People were tipping Melbourne to finish in front of us, wow. Some even had them as big improvers. They are a rabble.

Ghost Dog
06-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Jobe Watson has about as many clearances as Melbourne as a team. Good god.

Sedat
06-04-2013, 10:31 PM
C'mon man, he was easily the difference tonight, looked like kicking a goal every time he got near it.
He is the Fevola of the next decade. Zero defensive work rate. Has a great set of hands but will let his team down against the better teams in the comp.

In other news Mark Neeld will shortly be looking for another career path.

Eastdog
06-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Melbourne are an absolute basket case.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-04-2013, 10:32 PM
People were tipping Melbourne to finish in front of us, wow. Some even had them as big improvers. They are a rabble.

They have hoovered up so many top picks over the past several years, as well as received two great compensation picks for the loss of Scully, as well they connived with GWS and GC to ensure they didn't have to use their first round pick to get Viney, and to ensure they got Hogan in the mini draft.

Yet for all this, they have fostered a losing culture and look no closer to improving than when Daniher last coached them.
I used to feel sorry for them, but with all of the assistance they've had; priority draft picks for tanking, Scully compensation picks, mini draft pick and Viney for pick 26 I wish them nothing but misery.

Eastdog
06-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Essendon are going to get too 200 points at this rate.

Ghost Dog
06-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Essendon are going to get too 200 points at this rate.

5 wins worth of percentage in one match. :eek:

Sedat
06-04-2013, 11:15 PM
So this is how Melbourne respond after having the acid put on them all week. The players clearly hate Neeld and want him the hell out of there.

lemmon
06-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Wow, watching the Dees supporters give it to the players going down the race...hard to watch

Mantis
06-04-2013, 11:24 PM
So this is how Melbourne respond after having the acid put on them all week. The players clearly hate Neeld and want him the hell out of there.

His position after 2 games is almost untenable... And he shouldn't be the only one, the Prez & CEO have to go too.... They can't hide forever.

Greystache
06-04-2013, 11:25 PM

His pre-game speech was one of the least inspiring speeches I've heard. I almost lost interest in watching the game I was that underwhelmed.

Remi Moses
06-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Looked like a couple of "look I'm on Tv" types to be honest.
Record stats in this game for the Bombres.
What can you say? Just saw Cameron Schwab, where's he been in this debacle?
Neeld will pay with his job, you'd think.
Coaching, development, recruiting and effort are lamentable.

Remi Moses
06-04-2013, 11:27 PM
His pre-game speech was one of the least inspiring speeches I've heard. I almost lost interest in watching the game I was that underwhelmed.

It was great, I needed a nanny nap:D

Eastdog
06-04-2013, 11:27 PM

We have much more upside and obviously have areas we need too work on. They have no upside in any areas.

Mantis
06-04-2013, 11:29 PM
We have much more upside and obviously have areas we need too work on. They have no upside in any areas.

Really?

The only way is up.. Not sure if current personnel can achieve it, but they can't get any worse.. Or can they?

lemmon
06-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Where do they go from here though? Another untried coach and the cycle continues? Why the hell would someone like Paul Roos even want the job? Worst list in the comp, picks who haven't come on, two co captains who haven't even made a mark as players...its a disaster

Remi Moses
06-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Good to see Hinkley doing well at Port.( Adelaide posters would disagree)
The job nobody wanted.

AndrewP6
06-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Poor Jack Grimes, really felt for him , was understandably devastated being interviewed by Cameron Ling.

Greystache
06-04-2013, 11:58 PM
His position after 2 games is almost untenable... And he shouldn't be the only one, the Prez & CEO have to go too.... They can't hide forever.

Realistically if things don't turn around when do they make the call? Do they wait till the end of the year regardless?

Neeld seems to have no idea how to get them to play together. An assistant coach I know was watching Melbourne's training last year and him and his colleague walked away laughing. Neeld had them doing match simulation exactly how Collingwood practiced the year before, not only had teams moved on from that game style but it was so complex players were running round in circles so confused it looked like little league training.

lemmon
07-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Poor Jack Grimes, really felt for him , was understandably devastated being interviewed by Cameron Ling.

Agree, but you have to question how kids in he and Trengove could possibly be appointed captains. The output they have put up thus far in their careers isn't Cotchin like, our own Wallis and Libba have gone past both as players. The pressure is ruining them as players first and foremost. Nathan Jones should be captain of that club

Hotdog60
07-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Where do they go from here though? Another untried coach and the cycle continues? Why the hell would someone like Paul Roos even want the job? Worst list in the comp, picks who haven't come on, two co captains who haven't even made a mark as players...its a disaster

Could be a job for Rocket if he would want the job. But they would have to give him all that he wants to get them up.

AndrewP6
07-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Agree, but you have to question how kids in he and Trengove could possibly be appointed captains. The output they have put up thus far in their careers isn't Cotchin like, our own Wallis and Libba have gone past both as players. The pressure is ruining them as players first and foremost. Nathan Jones should be captain of that club

Absolutely, but that's the fault of those above them. Colossal mistake giving the captaincy to two largely unproven youngsters.

lemmon
07-04-2013, 12:07 AM
From a supporters perspective that presser from Neeld isn't good enough. Time to stop putting it onto Bailey

Greystache
07-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Absolutely, but that's the fault of those above them. Colossal mistake giving the captaincy to two largely unproven youngsters.

They seem to have thought they can just pick up some talented young kids, throw them into a losing culture, surround them with poorly disciplined senior players and incompetent management, and before they even have time to find their way at AFL level hand them the captaincy and expect them to turn the club around.

It's insanity. They need to clear out all management and coaching and start again before they even worry about which players to keep or delist.

LostDoggy
07-04-2013, 12:15 AM
They have hoovered up so many top picks over the past several years, as well as received two great compensation picks for the loss of Scully, as well they connived with GWS and GC to ensure they didn't have to use their first round pick to get Viney, and to ensure they got Hogan in the mini draft.

Yet for all this, they have fostered a losing culture and look no closer to improving than when Daniher last coached them.
I used to feel sorry for them, but with all of the assistance they've had; priority draft picks for tanking, Scully compensation picks, mini draft pick and Viney for pick 26 I wish them nothing but misery.

Amen, brother.

Really?

The only way is up.. Not sure if current personnel can achieve it, but they can't get any worse.. Or can they?

Sure is gonna be fun finding out.

You'd have to be pretty confident in your abilities to even attempt it, but if you can turn it around, that's a mighty tick on your scorecard without even needing to make finals. Realistically, finals and flags are not even on the horizon, they just need someone to pull them out of the quagmire and get them going again in the right direction. Rocket would be ideal.

lemmon
07-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Wonder if they even have the money for it, someone like Eade won't come for peanuts, then you have to throw money at the people he wants around him, payout Neelds 3 years and all the others who go as well...expensive exercise. We'd be stuffed in the same situation

bulldogsman
07-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Wonder if they even have the money for it, someone like Eade won't come for peanuts, then you have to throw money at the people he wants around him, payout Neelds 3 years and all the others who go as well...expensive exercise. We'd be stuffed in the same situation

Maybe not ideal, but someone like Mark Harvey? Changed Freo's culture.

lemmon
07-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Maybe not ideal, but someone like Mark Harvey? Changed Freo's culture.

Or Garry Ayres? They don't need someone to take them to the promise land, they need someone to push them out of the shit

The Pie Man
07-04-2013, 09:07 AM

Thought the same thing til they said that was recorded 90 minutes before the game. Not sure what weight is held in current AFL circles with a big pre-game gee up (guess I'm wondering if there was something more emotive closer to running out) but to play that spiritless you'd think they need something

That was a train wreck I couldn't take my eyes off last night

Topdog
07-04-2013, 09:17 AM

This was actually answered 20 minutes after you posted but who could have seen Ports turnaround after last year.

Whoever did Melbourne's recruiting in the off season should be sacked immediately.

Neeld said he wanted Melbourne to he hard to beat so they got rid of Maloney and brought in Pederson, Brynes, Gillies and bloody Rodan.

Neeld also looks clueless on how to stop it.

Appointing two inexperienced, young and inconsistent footballers as your captains is a joke.

He actually was decent last night but they are still persisting with Davey who they drew a line through 3 years ago. Why is he even still on the list.

They let go the few experienced, tough players they have and bring in dud top ups. Jamar has gone backwards, Trengove is a massive disappointment for me. Have they had any high draft pick in the last 6 years that has come on as expected? It's like an under 16 side playing against professionals.

They have WCE at the G next week. IMO that should be Neeld's last game. Give the new coach a chance against GWS at the G

LostDoggy
07-04-2013, 09:49 AM
This was actually answered 20 minutes after you posted but who could have seen Ports turnaround after last year.

Whoever did Melbourne's recruiting in the off season should be sacked immediately.

Neeld said he wanted Melbourne to he hard to beat so they got rid of Maloney and brought in Pederson, Brynes, Gillies and bloody Rodan.

Neeld also looks clueless on how to stop it.

Appointing two inexperienced, young and inconsistent footballers as your captains is a joke.

He actually was decent last night but they are still persisting with Davey who they drew a line through 3 years ago. Why is he even still on the list.

They let go the few experienced, tough players they have and bring in dud top ups. Jamar has gone backwards, Trengove is a massive disappointment for me. Have they had any high draft pick in the last 6 years that has come on as expected? It's like an under 16 side playing against professionals.

They have WCE at the G next week. IMO that should be Neeld's last game. Give the new coach a chance against GWS at the G

GWS will beat Melbourne, and comfortably.

GVGjr
07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Neeld has inherited a poor team that doesn't know how to switch gears because the culture of the club was to position themselves for draft picks.

I understand why he has recruited players from other clubs but losing Martin, Moloney and Rivers hasn't helped them.

Getting Clark and Dawes into the forward line is a must for them because along with Howe it will give their midfielders some good targets.
Getting more out of Watts is a necessity because he, Garland and Frawley can give them a solid defensive unit.

I hope Neeld can get them playing the sort of football he wants but there will be some nervous executives around the club come mid season if they only have a win or two given the investment they made in the footy department.

DOG GOD
07-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Don't get too excited about port. Yes they looked ok, but they have beaten Melbourne and GWS don't forget :) lets see how they go in the derby next week.

comrade
07-04-2013, 04:53 PM
The coach has a massive say during trade week. Neeld wanted the guys they've brought in so he should be held accountable along with the rest of the football department.

Ghost Dog
07-04-2013, 05:08 PM
It's Neeld's first senior gig. If we were in their shoes, I wouldn't expect Brendan to last another season. It's not the losing of games, more so the way they play is hard to watch - painful almost. It's a grand show after all. Have to give the punters something to enjoy.

Remi Moses
07-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Massive 4 PTs dropped by Norf.
Geelong big guns came out in the last term.
As soon as Geelong stepped up the intensity the Norf game plan went up in smoke.
Doesn't stand up under intensity IMO.
Funny seeing rain fall in a stadium with a roof!:eek:
Brad Scott complaining to the ground manager about the roof being open.
I'd be more worried about giving up a 40 pt lead.

bulldogtragic
07-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Massive 4 PTs dropped by Norf.
Geelong big guns came out in the last term.
As soon as Geelong stepped up the intensity the Norf game plan went up in smoke.
Doesn't stand up under intensity IMO.
Funny seeing rain fall in a stadium with a roof!:eek:
Brad Scott complaining to the ground manager about the roof being open.
I'd be more worried about giving up a 40 pt lead.
Crazy keeping the roof open when rain is forecast.

DOG GOD
07-04-2013, 05:35 PM
It was the seasoned players like bartel, chapman, Corey and enright standing up massively in the last...the young guys did well, but those 4 were huge in getting them back into the game.

That's what we need from our veterans.

Remi Moses
07-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Agree, but no point in whinging about it.

Eastdog
07-04-2013, 06:54 PM
What a match between the Pies and Blues.

Topdog
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Don't get too excited about port. Yes they looked ok, but they have beaten Melbourne and GWS don't forget :) lets see how they go in the derby next week.

They do well in derby's even when they are crap.

Eastdog
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Pies have won it.

LostDoggy
07-04-2013, 09:11 PM

Apparently they can't close it once the stadium is full of people. That's what they reckon on telly anyway.

bulldogtragic
07-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Apparently they can't close it once the stadium is full of people. That's what they reckon on telly anyway.
Why wouldn't they just shut the roof before hand if there was a chance of rain? I think they look like amateurs.

Eastdog
07-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Why wouldn't they just shut the roof before hand if there was a chance of rain? I think they look like amateurs.

I think they weren't expecting it to rain at all and it kind of just came out from no where.

bulldogtragic
07-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I think they weren't expecting it to rain at all and it kind of just came out from no where.
Paul Roos said he heard of a chance of rain on the radio on his way into the ground.

Eastdog
07-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Paul Roos said he heard of a chance of rain on the radio on his way into the ground.

How do you reckon they determine exactly to close the roof.

bulldogtragic
07-04-2013, 10:21 PM
How do you reckon they determine exactly to close the roof.
That's the 64 million dollar question!

LostDoggy
08-04-2013, 07:39 AM

Paul Roos isn't the ground manager.

Ghost Dog
08-04-2013, 07:41 AM

No, but if Paul Roos wants the roof closed, a beam of light will appear out of the clouds and it WILL close. amen

The Underdog
08-04-2013, 08:44 AM
It hasn't had much play but Hawthorn defeating the Eagles by 9 goals in Perth on a 6 day break with the Eagles on a 15 day break, borders on heroic. If we think we got a rough fixture, the Hawks were shafted totally but still turned up and did the job anyway. Be interesting to see how they are affected by it in the next few weeks. They have a killer early draw (unlike the Swans who got an AFL sponsored fixturing hand job)

LostDoggy
08-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I missed the Roos/Cats game but I heard lots of sooking about having the roof closed (rightfully so) and think that Etihad should be closed ever game day (keep it open other times if necessary.) Beats the point of having a stadium with a closed roof if they aren't going to use it like that.

In saying that, at what point of the game did it rain? Please tell me it was when Roos were around 40pts up and then lost it from there :D

bulldogtragic
08-04-2013, 12:17 PM
The point is a member of the public ( paul roos and presunably others) heard rain was forecast. Was the ground manager not trying to find out if there was rain? Surely they have a responsibility to know as much as they can about weather conditions since they are responsible for running an INDOOR arena.

Anyhoo, hardly relevant to our cause.

Eastdog
08-04-2013, 12:23 PM
The point is a member of the public ( paul roos and presunably others) heard rain was forecast. Was the ground manager not trying to find out if there was rain? Surely they have a responsibility to know as much as they can about weather conditions since they are responsible for running an INDOOR arena.

Anyhoo, hardly relevant to our cause.

If there is forecast of just possible showers and not rain then yes the roof should closed but if its forecast for Sunny it should be open.

craigsahibee
08-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I missed the Roos/Cats game but I heard lots of sooking about having the roof closed (rightfully so) and think that Etihad should be closed ever game day (keep it open other times if necessary.) Beats the point of having a stadium with a closed roof if they aren't going to use it like that.

In saying that, at what point of the game did it rain? Please tell me it was when Roos were around 40pts up and then lost it from there :D

Agree that the roof should be closed not just if it's raining but also in sunny conditions.

Interesting to note that during the Coll/Carl game at the G, Triple M commentators were saying it was raining but they weren't sure where it was coming from as they claimed there were not any rain clouds around. It's not the first time a game has been affected by rain at Etihad. During the mid 2000's we played the Cats there and it rained after half time.

As others have said, North and in particular Brad Scott, should be asking questions about giving up a 7 goal lead before they start complaining about the roof.

Ozza
08-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Whatever the case is - the Etihad roof should be closed ALWAYS.

On Saturday it was dreadful for the players and spectators - with the contrasts between sunlight and shaded areas.

There ended up being a distinct advantage to one end....where the forwards could actually see.

Ozza
08-04-2013, 12:28 PM
As others have said, North and in particular Brad Scott, should be asking questions about giving up a 7 goal lead before they start complaining about the roof.

Can't he do both?

Eastdog
08-04-2013, 12:30 PM

On Saturday it was dreadful for the players and spectators - with the contrasts between sunlight and shaded areas.

There ended up being a distinct advantage to one end....where the forwards could actually see.

Do you reckon though it looks odd in the afternoon with the lights on and roof closed when there is no rain. You have a good point though.

Mantis
08-04-2013, 12:32 PM
It hasn't had much play but Hawthorn defeating the Eagles by 9 goals in Perth on a 6 day break with the Eagles on a 15 day break, borders on heroic. If we think we got a rough fixture, the Hawks were shafted totally but still turned up and did the job anyway. Be interesting to see how they are affected by it in the next few weeks. They have a killer early draw (unlike the Swans who got an AFL sponsored fixturing hand job)

Great win by the Hawks... That fact that it was over 30 degrees makes it all the more impressive considering they powered to the line after the game was in the balance at 3/4 time.

I had a little flutter on the Hawks at the 20-39 margain... How the Eagles let them win by 50pts is a *!*!*!*!ing disgrace. :mad:

Sedat
08-04-2013, 01:35 PM

Collo just trying to save some money for the stadium investors - he couldn't give a toss about the crowd or the players, all he wants is to give his investors a greater bottom line.

bornadog
08-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Collo just trying to save some money for the stadium investors - he couldn't give a toss about the crowd or the players, all he wants is to give his investors a greater bottom line.

Didn't Collo retire sometime ago. PS: Don't disagree with the rest of your comment.

Remi Moses
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Can't he do both?

Approaching the ground manager and giving him a gobful, he looks a sook.
Mention it after the game, but really they gave up a 7 goal lead .

bornadog
08-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Approaching the ground manager and giving him a gobful, he looks a sook.
Mention it after the game, but really they gave up a 7 goal lead .

Not sure about other posters, but I hate the Scott Brothers, and that sooking was the exact reason why.

Greystache
08-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Not sure about other posters, but I hate the Scott Brothers, and that sooking was the exact reason why.

I'm a bit split on them. I don't mind Chris, he was a good player in his day, has a bit of wit and can be quite humurous at times. He seems more comfortable with who he is too and doesn't try to big up himself all the time to compensate.

Brad Scott was a very average player who based him game on ganging up on opposition young players and taking weak cheap shots, all while his talented team mates got the ball and won games for the team so he could mouth of afterwards. By comparison to his coaching he was a very talented footballer. So he's a perfect fit for Norf, untalented and bitter.

Bulldog Joe
08-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Great win by the Hawks... That fact that it was over 30 degrees makes it all the more impressive considering they powered to the line after the game was in the balance at 3/4 time.

I had a little flutter on the Hawks at the 20-39 margain... How the Eagles let them win by 50pts is a *!*!*!*!ing disgrace. :mad:

While it was a great win, does it also say that the Eagles might just be struggling. A few injuries and they seem to be lacking the elite midfielder. From the radio call it seemed that Cox may have struggled a bit on Bailey.

With Lynch gone and Natanui injured, could the Eagles be the slider from last years top 4.
2012 form would have had an Eagles win.

Remi Moses
08-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Watched a bit of footage of Cox and gotta say he looks in trouble.
May have tipped over the edge?

Mantis
08-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Watched a bit of footage of Cox and gotta say he looks in trouble.
May have tipped over the edge?

Not the player he was, but he will still be effective when NicNat returns.

Happy Days
09-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Brad Scott was a very average player who based him game on ganging up on opposition young players and taking weak cheap shots, all while his talented team mates got the ball and won games for the team so he could mouth of afterwards. By comparison to his coaching he was a very talented footballer. So he's a perfect fit for Norf, untalented and bitter.

Brad Scott theory of coaching:

Yeah we lost, but we had more inside 50's for disposal average and won all of the key indicators we determined to be key, so in a way we were the much better team.

I do find it almost perfect that Geelong got the gun footballer and a flag and North got the hack footballer turned spin doctor and a hiding in an elimination final; sums up the clubs better than words ever could.

LostDoggy
09-04-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm a bit split on them. I don't mind Chris, he was a good player in his day, has a bit of wit and can be quite humurous at times. He seems more comfortable with who he is too and doesn't try to big up himself all the time to compensate.

Hehehe, nearly wet myself reading that. Thanks Stache.

Didn't Collo retire sometime ago. PS: Don't disagree with the rest of your comment.

Yeah he did. I had to stop filling out the stadium feedback forms. ;)

LostDoggy
10-04-2013, 01:57 PM

Love em myself BAD. What I love most aside from their humor is that they are both pretty damn honest. I find a lot of other coaches beat around the bush, these guys are generally to the point, and I think makes them a lot more interesting to watch.

Ozza
10-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Love em myself BAD. What I love most aside from their humor is that they are both pretty damn honest. I find a lot of other coaches beat around the bush, these guys are generally to the point, and I think makes them a lot more interesting to watch.

I like them more as coaches than I did as players. As you say - pretty honest and good humoured - and I have no problem with them been pretty emotional (outwardly) on game day.

Maddog37
10-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I feel like the Geelong one is the cool brother and the Norf one is always trying to prove himself and get out of his shadow which makes him a bit of a dick.

That is my technical analysis of things.