PDA

View Full Version : First Dog's not footy related thread

firstdogonthemoon
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi Woofers!

Now that I am going to be doing a regular cartoon for the dog's website (and getting most of my game analysis from you people without giving you credit for it) I wanted to say thanks! And also to mention that I have a show in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.

It is called Cartoobs and other typos. http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2013/season/shows/cartoobs-and-other-typos-first-dog-on-the-moon

It is not about footy, but politics and cartooning and having feelings. It is still funny though.

President Gordon came along to see it the other night and appeared to laugh at various things.

Also I will happily provide First Dog on the Moon bandicoot badges to any woofer who comes along to see the show and waits for ten minutes afterwards to say hi.

Also thanks for all the excellent game analysis!

Cheers

firstdogonthemoon

Max469
05-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Was there on opening night. Very funny. Interpretive dance will never be the same.:D

Peter Gordon
05-04-2013, 06:50 PM
I was at this performance Tuesday night. It was a glittering performance of rare perception.

Rocco Jones
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I am going to this with new lady friend. If you are not family you will bring great shame to me.

LostDoggy
05-04-2013, 11:30 PM
I went to this show tonight and both myself and my partner loved it. Meeting the ABC Interpretive Dance Bandicoot in the flesh will forever be remembered as one of the highlights of our lives.

Thanks for the chat afterwards firstdog, and the bandicoot badge. I bought a “Don't blame me” badge to go with the “Jazz Paws” badge and a “Jazz Paws” tea towel — all three going straight to the pool room.

I highly recommend other woofers get along to it post-haste.

KT31
06-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Bit far away to make a show First Dog, but all the best and keep the cartoons coming.

LostDoggy
12-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Just booked tickets for tomorrow night. Looking forward to meeting you after the show First Dog. :)

1eyedog
14-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Maybe you could advertise in the entertainment forum

LostDoggy
15-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Really really really enjoyed the show on Saturday night. Was lovely to meet First Dog afterwards too. Any WOOFers thinking of going.... do it. This is the last week. :)

AndrewP6
17-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Haven't posted much here lately... It's nearly the end of the school year (tomorrow!!) and today, one of my students gave me a gift...two books. One of them, "A Treasury Of Cartoons by First Dog On The Moon"!

Wasn't sure if a thread existed about this, but thought it worthy of sharing. If I can work out how I'll post a pic. Lucky I gave the girl a good report!

jeemak
17-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Nice one.

Either they have good taste or you regularly keep your class regaled with the tales of Red Bucket Head and his Merry Men to the point no other gift would measure up!

AndrewP6
18-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Nice one.

Either they have good taste or you regularly keep your class regaled with the tales of Red Bucket Head and his Merry Men to the point no other gift would measure up!

Haha... I have mentioned the Bulldogs once or twice (or more) but other than that I have no idea how she decided on it. The front cover amused the kids (mostly 7 year olds): "This book may contain rude words, marsupials, underpants"

Murphy'sLore
18-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I'm getting the First Dog calendar for Christmas, as usual... But I see one of the months (May I think) has cross-hatching/prison wire all over the days, so you can't actually write on it. Hm. If you're making a political point, I appreciate it, FD, but it's still a tad annoying!

bornadog
18-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Have enjoyed First Dog in the Guardian and can understand why we didn't get any Bulldog related ones - no time working too hard :D

Have a look here (http://www.theguardian.com/profile/first-dog-on-the-moon)

Also he has his own website: https://firstdogonthemoon.com.au/

and of course his award winning Walkley winning Cartoon, one of my favourites.

https://firstdogonthemoon.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2012-06-25-Drowning.jpg