PDA

View Full Version : James Fantasia Resigns

SlimPickens
11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Bulldogs website have reported that James Fantasia has resigned.

Western Bulldogs Football Club has today accepted the resignation of James Fantasia, General Manager of Football.

Appointed to the role in December 2007, Fantasia has provided six years of dedicated service to the Dogs during which he has overseen significant changes within the Club’s football department.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Simon Garlick today paid tribute to Fantasia and wished him well in his future endeavours at Hawthorn Football Club.

“James has played a significant role in the evolution of the Western Bulldogs Football Club – both in his role as General Manager of Football and as a valued part of the Club’s Executive Management Team,” Garlick said today.

Garlick said that Fantasia’s contribution to the Club would be an enduring one.

“Perhaps the greatest contribution James has made to the Club is best reflected by the strength of the football department he has been integral in building and the calibre of people that have been brought into footy on his watch,” Garlick said.

“We wish James all the best in his future endeavours”.

The Club will now undergo a thorough process to identify the Bulldogs next General Manager of Football.

G-Mo77
11-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Has gone to Hawthorn. :confused:

jeemak
11-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Sedat will be upset.

Bring in Cameron Schwab.

Nothing in this post is serious.

SlimPickens
11-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Has gone to Hawthorn. :confused:

The would be wrapped to have him dealing with Franklins contract :rolleyes:

whythelongface
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I am not sure the exact role Fantasia played but IIRC many here have not been a fan. What has been the main reason for the negative views towards him (apologies if we are heading back into a topic that has previously been discussed).

What was his main role? Did he have an influence in the draft process?

Is there a ready made replacement from within or do you think we will go outside the club for the next GM?

LostDoggy
11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I am really excited about Fantasia going. I think we have just seen evidence of the regime change of Gordon claiming its first scalp. I think Fantasia is a political animal and has smelt the wind and jumped before he was pushed. Really very happy with this announcement.

Paul Hamilton, Danny Corcoran, Chris Connolly all looking for jobs you'd think..... (no I'm not serious)

whythelongface
11-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Bulldogs Chief Executive Simon Garlick today paid tribute to Fantasia and wished him well in his future endeavours at Hawthorn Football Club.

Anyone know what his role is at Hawthorn? If he has been recruited for the GM role at their club surely he can't be as bad as others make out.

G-Mo77
11-04-2013, 01:00 PM
The would be wrapped to have him dealing with Franklins contract :rolleyes:

Jay Clark ‏@ClarkyHeraldSun

Western Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia joins Hawks as new footy chief. Will be straight on to the Buddy case.

Throughandthrough
11-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Who does he replace at the Horks? We'll take him (or her)

jeemak
11-04-2013, 01:07 PM
You'd think he's well regarded within the industry to take on that role.

PaddyWhack
11-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Who does he replace at the Horks? We'll take him (or her)

Bit late for us - it was Mark Evans, and AFL got him to replace Anderson...:)

Happy Days
11-04-2013, 01:12 PM
The dust has sort of settled on Fantasia after most of the contracts he got bent over on have dissipated from the club, but I'm not unhappy he's gone.

Who do we like to replace him?

Throughandthrough
11-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Bit late for us - it was Mark Evans, and AFL got him to replace Anderson...:)

AAh.

So what's Adrian Anderson doing these days? :)

LostDoggy
11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
AAh.

So what's Adrian Anderson doing these days? :)

Know you are probably joking but Fantasia's role is below Adrian, tipping Adrian may be a sniff for Melbourne's CEO, but hey, surely Adrian is smarter than that.

The Underdog
11-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Anyone particularly disappointed? No? Shall we move on then?
Stevo mentioned it but you'd think Ben Graham would be a strong internal candidate.

Greystache
11-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Surely everything wrong at the club is now fixed :D

Details on his details From Hawthorn website

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2013-04-11/fantasia-appointed-gm-football-operations

Rocco Jones
11-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I think my work with my SuperCoach Draft side proves I would be ideal for the job.

I picked up Matthew Boyd as a free agent and traded in Jimmy Bartel for Shaun Grigg.

Cyberdoggie
11-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I think my work with my SuperCoach Draft side proves I would be ideal for the job.

I picked up Matthew Boyd as a free agent and traded in Jimmy Bartel for Shaun Grigg.

Who in their right mind would release Boyd just because he missing 2-3 games?

Good pick up though Rocco

Twodogs
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Heh!

It's Rocco. You've just answered your own question.

Rocco Jones
11-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Good pick up though Rocco

Heh!

Hey! I got him, I didn't delist him! Booo!

Mofra
11-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Temp. replacement until Kevin Sheedy is available next year

*ducks and runs off*

LostDoggy
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM

Details on his details From Hawthorn website

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2013-04-11/fantasia-appointed-gm-football-operations

Actually was thinking Fantasia might have done one good thing in getting B-Mac to club, then I thought it about and realised he was probably keen on Neeldy and was outvoted...:D

The Underdog
11-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Temp. replacement until Kevin Sheedy is available next year

*ducks and runs off*

It's ok, they said they'll get the best available replacement. Rocco would be ahead of Sheedy so worst case scenario we end up with Rocco.

LongWait
11-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Wonder whether Jason McCartney or Ben Graham might step up?

Greystache
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Wonder whether Jason McCartney or Ben Graham might step up?

Garlick was asked about Graham on SEN a few minutes ago, he played a straight bat but I very much got the impression he's a strong chance.

I'd be happy for Graham to get the job if he's the best candidate, but at the same time it would be an outstanding result of we could get a gun footy GM and also retain someone with Graham's expertise in the footy department.

Greystache
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Who in their right mind

It's ok, they said they'll get the best available replacement. Rocco would be ahead of Sheedy so worst case scenario we end up with Rocco.

I'd like to see a right mind off between Rocco and Sheeds, it would be fascinating viewing

* Apologies for the all the bashing Rocco

Sedat
11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Western Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia joins Hawks as new footy chief. Will be straight on to the Buddy case.

Awesome news for GWS and Freo

firstdogonthemoon
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
This pleases me.

*strokes beard*

bornadog
11-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Here is one from left field, Kelvin Templeton. Ex CEO of the Swans, lots of experience and has been active at the club recently.

chef
11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Great news, but a couple of years to late.

always right
11-04-2013, 03:19 PM
I am really excited about Fantasia going. I think we have just seen evidence of the regime change of Gordon claiming its first scalp. I think Fantasia is a political animal and has smelt the wind and jumped before he was pushed. Really very happy with this announcement.

I think you're way off the mark. Getting the chief footy post at Hawthorn suggests he wasn't pushed but saw a bigger opportunity at a wealthier, more successful club. He's doen well considering few rate him on this board.

He's never really impressed me but surely Hawthorn have done their due diligence before selecting him. Could Woof posters have been wrong about Fantasia? God forbid.

bornadog
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Could Woof posters have been wrong about Fantasia? God forbid.

Proof was in the pudding with the contracts he negotiated.

LostDoggy
11-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Oh mate I hope you're right. Seeing Buddy in purple would be a pure delight for all those smug-as-anything Hawk fans.

Sedat
11-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I think you're way off the mark. Getting the chief footy post at Hawthorn suggests he wasn't pushed but saw a bigger opportunity at a wealthier, more successful club. He's doen well considering few rate him on this board.
He must interview exceptionally well and also be a wiz on PowerPoint. He's duped Adelaide, the Dogs and now the Hawks. Good riddance, he's Hawthorn's problem now.

bornadog
11-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Garlick: Club placed well for football GM search (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-04-11/garlick-club-placed-well-for-football-gm-search)

Western Bulldogs Chief Executive, Simon Garlick has told SEN radio that the Club’s depth within the football department places the Dogs in a good position to handle the transition to a new General Manager of Football following the departure of James Fantasia today.

Garlick told SEN that while the role of football manager was critical - change of this nature happened in the industry from time to time and the Club was well poised to manage it.

“…we’re probably in an enviable position at them moment in that we’ve got real depth and experience within our footy department when you look across the key critical areas led by our coach, we’ve got the likes of Jason McCartney , Graham Lowe, Ben Graham, all of our assistants and Simon Dalrymple,” Garlick said.

“So we’ll be embarking upon a process really quickly but at the same time we’re really well suited to handle the interim period in between”.

“We will look to take the appropriate time to conduct an open, professional and thorough process and that will allow us to look at all candidates whether they be internal or external.”

“It’s that important a role that we really have to make sure it’s a thorough and professional process not focussing in on any one individual”.

Garlick also commended Fantasia for his contribution to the Club.

“I think it’s important that we do recognise James has played a really significant role in the evolution of our Club and more particularly our footy department,” Garlick said.

“This industry moves pretty quickly and with this sort of change comes opportunity and gives us a chance to really look at what we need going forward in a really challenging and exciting period for our club.

“You see one door close and another opens – so we’re quite excited by the opportunity in front of us”.

The Doctor
11-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Here is one from left field, Kelvin Templeton. Ex CEO of the Swans, lots of experience and has been active at the club recently.

I'd rather see him as CEO or Adrian Anderson as CEO.

It's great news Fantasia is gone but it is so important we replace him well. Personally I'd like to see us head hunt someone like Roos or Balme. Someone who has been to the top and knows what to do and won't be bent over.

Bulldog Revolution
11-04-2013, 04:32 PM

We could go around in circles about it, but there is no way Fantasia negotiates contracts without discussion and approval of the head coach. I

Anyone that thinks Mulligan or Hooper were signed without Rocket indicating they were in the plans are crazy.

That said I dont think its a bad thing for us that hes gone as whilst he did some good things I remain a bit unconvinced by his work

bornadog
11-04-2013, 04:46 PM
We could go around in circles about it, but there is no way Fantasia negotiates contracts without discussion and approval of the head coach. I

Anyone that thinks Mulligan or Hooper were signed without Rocket indicating they were in the plans are crazy.

That said I dont think its a bad thing for us that hes gone as whilst he did some good things I remain a bit unconvinced by his work

You can bring up the old chestnuts, but at the end of the day he was the head of the footy department and the buck stops with him in regards to recruitment, contracts, delistings etc for all football matters.

Ward and Harbrow say hello.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-04-2013, 05:14 PM

It's great news Fantasia is gone but it is so important we replace him well. Personally I'd like to see us head hunt someone like Roos or Balme. Someone who has been to the top and knows what to do and won't be bent over.

This is what I'd like to see too.

bornadog
11-04-2013, 05:20 PM

This is what I'd like to see too.

What is your issue with Garlick? I think he is doing a great job.

Anderson is the biggest knob going around and has really stuffed up the game with his stupid rule changes, the Tribunal and other f%%kups.

LostDoggy
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM

He's never really impressed me but surely Hawthorn have done their due diligence before selecting him. Could Woof posters have been wrong about Fantasia? God forbid.

Your probably right, better choice of words, Fantasia sniffed the breeze and got out before he was in a position of being pushed. Still think Gordon would have put pressure on him and I recall Terry Wallace recently saying Gordon was more hands on intervention and tended to hold people accountable. Wouldn't of thought this was up Fantasia's alley with his record.

Ghost Dog
11-04-2013, 07:25 PM
He must interview exceptionally well and also be a wiz on PowerPoint. He's duped Adelaide, the Dogs and now the Hawks. Good riddance, he's Hawthorn's problem now.

When I saw the headline about Fantasia, I immediately laughed and thought this: Sedat is doing a little dance right now.

Topdog
11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Great news

Bulldog Revolution
11-04-2013, 10:38 PM
You can bring up the old chestnuts, but at the end of the day he was the head of the footy department and the buck stops with him in regards to recruitment, contracts, delistings etc for all football matters.

Ward and Harbrow say hello.

I tend to think that the footy department has two heads - the head coach, and the footy manager

I know in theory its the footy manager but I don't the reality works that way, even if thats the way on paper.

Potentially a fair call on Ward and Harbrow but Im not really sure if we ever had a chance of keeping them (we'll never really know). Thankfully Harbrow hasn't really kicked on, but Ward is going to hurt for close to another decade

I think its good Fantasia is gone, and I'm sure you agree

Ghost Dog
11-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I tend to think that the footy department has two heads - the head coach, and the footy manager

I know in theory its the footy manager but I don't the reality works that way, even if thats the way on paper.

Potentially a fair call on Ward and Harbrow but Im not really sure if we ever had a chance of keeping them (we'll never really know). Thankfully Harbrow hasn't really kicked on, but Ward is going to hurt for close to another decade

??????? :eek: Did you watch the game V saints? He was all over them. An incredibly handy player. Like Dahlhaus, able to thread his way out of a traffic jam. Was painful to watch.

Dry Rot
11-04-2013, 11:34 PM

Sorry Rocco, this thread explains a phone message I just got when I got home now.

I start next Monday, and I guarantee all Dogs fans next draft I'll be bringing back Bartlett and Hunter home, and offering five year contracts for Vez and Grant.

lemmon
12-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Just wonder whether Scott Clayton would ever step away from drafting. His trading and list management work was always criminally underrated I felt

westbulldog
12-04-2013, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=whythelongface;314965]Anyone know what his role is at Hawthorn?

playing fullback ?

Greystache
12-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Just wonder whether Scott Clayton would ever step away from drafting. His trading and list management work was always criminally underrated I felt

I suspect he won't be at Gold Coast too much longer, so he may be available.

His negotiation skills were good but I can't agree with you on list management. His penchant for skinny athletes with casual attitudes and no defined position was a nightmare for trying to build a balanced list. Personally I would like us to stay as far away from him as possible.

jeemak
12-04-2013, 01:38 AM
His negotiation skills were good but I can't agree with you on list management. His penchant for skinny athletes with casual attitudes and no defined position was a nightmare for trying to build a balanced list. Personally I would like us to stay as far away from him as possible.

Their decision, or his? I could imagine him having gone there for the huge pay packet, just to do a start up job for the money.

Understand you have a family (friend) connection so it's cool if you don't want to say any more.

Greystache
12-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Their decision, or his? I could imagine him having gone there for the huge pay packet, just to do a start up job for the money.

Understand you have a family (friend) connection so it's cool if you don't want to say any more.

Theirs. No inside information, I just look at their list compared to GWS and think they haven't recruited nearly as well. Most of their 17 year old picks haven't made it and a lot of their young kids don't look overly exciting. I Think Clayton's performance is being hidden less and less by his reputation these days.

lemmon
12-04-2013, 01:55 AM

Would you call those skinny athletes errors in drafting or list management though? Id look at it and say the list management side of things would've requested a centre half forward and centre half back and the recruiters saw the best options to fill the roles as being Andrejs Everitt and Jarrod Grant. If we kept him away from the draft and let Darlymple carry on in his role I'd have no qualms with Clayton coming in to do the Fantasia role which from what I can see is mostly trading, contract negotiations and list management.

jeemak
12-04-2013, 02:02 AM
Theirs. No inside information, I just look at their list compared to GWS and think they haven't recruited nearly as well. Most of their 17 year old picks haven't made it and a lot of their young kids don't look overly exciting. I Think Clayton's performance is being hidden less and less by his reputation these days.

Probably agree with you on all points, to be honest. Though with Toy and Caddy, who were both touted as gun juniors not being at the club anymore it makes his results with GC look worse.

jeemak
12-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Would you call those skinny athletes errors in drafting or list management though? Id look at it and say the list management side of things would've requested a centre half forward and centre half back and the recruiters saw the best options to fill the roles as being Andrejs Everitt and Jarrod Grant. If we kept him away from the draft and let Darlymple carry on in his role I'd have no qualms with Clayton coming in to do the Fantasia role which from what I can see is mostly trading, contract negotiations and list management.

I'm not sure Grant would have been selected for the work horse position of CHF, and the selection of Jones in the subsequent year probably backs that up. He was only ever a FF or FP option.

Clayton's time at our club is done for mine. If he is the best option for managing the football department I'd be concerned he'd have too much influence over recruitment if selected, so he'd have to tick all of the other boxes perfectly to be considered at all.

Rocco Jones
12-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Rather offended.

ReLoad
12-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Thankfully Harbrow hasn't really kicked on, but Ward is going to hurt for close to another decade

Ward will be back at the dogs, unless GWS offer him Miranda Kerr or at least Jennifer Hawkins, he will be back.

It was a distinct cash run for him and his heart clearly isn't in it at GWS. He'll be back. Only issue is he won't get his old jumper back, so I'm guessing he will need a new one.

Topdog
12-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Ward will be back at the dogs, unless GWS offer him Miranda Kerr or at least Jennifer Hawkins, he will be back.

It was a distinct cash run for him and his heart clearly isn't in it at GWS. He'll be back. Only issue is he won't get his old jumper back, so I'm guessing he will need a new one.

His heart isn't for the Bulldogs either.

ReLoad
12-04-2013, 07:35 AM
His heart isn't for the Bulldogs either.

Its the footy version of indecent proposal.
Would you take a million bucks to barrack for GWS for 3 years? ;)

chef
12-04-2013, 07:37 AM

Maybe back in Victoria, but he's going to choose whoever offers the most money.

Mofra
12-04-2013, 10:31 AM

GWS have the COLA and a $1m marketing allowance, and he's a co-captain.
He will earn double at GWS compared to what we could hope to offer him

Sedat
12-04-2013, 10:55 AM
GWS have the COLA and a $1m marketing allowance, and he's a co-captain.
He will earn double at GWS compared to what we could hope to offer him
The irony in all this is that GWS would have not even been in play if Fantasia was in any way competent at his job.

BulldogBelle
12-04-2013, 11:33 AM
By the time Ward needs to extend his contract GWS may be playing in a prelim! We'll have to offer him a huge slice - a slice that we need to utilize intelligently to plug a hole with some A+ top line talent when we lose Murph/Morris/Boyd/Cross or if we need another KP FWD/DEF.

lemmon
12-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Do we want him back? We're set for inside mids thanks. Would feel like the tragic wife taking back her cheating husband

Rocco Jones
12-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Do we want him back? We're set for inside mids thanks. Would feel like the tragic wife taking back her cheating husband

I think a new franchine starting and having money to burn on their top recruitment is as exceptional as circumstances get.

I would have no issues with him coming back to the club. My only ever issue was him playing in the last game when he decided he was leaving and there was no benefit to the club in him playing (not of finals contention etc).

bornadog
12-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I think a new franchine starting and having money to burn on their top recruitment is as exceptional as circumstances get.

I would have no issues with him coming back to the club. My only ever issue was him playing in the last game when he decided he was leaving and there was no benefit to the club in him playing (not of finals contention etc).

Yeah we will probably recruit him at age 30:eek:

AndrewP6
12-04-2013, 04:41 PM
[/B]

If his heart was in it with us he wouldn't have taken the money and run.

Rocco Jones
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM
[/B]

If his heart was in it with us he wouldn't have taken the money and run.

I think that's a bit black and white.

On the flip side you can say that if his heart wasn't in it he wouldn't have even considered staying at the club.

Three things are clear with Ward in this regard...
- the club/Fantasia could have been more proactive in our negotiations with Ward
- he values money to the extent majority of society does (although I resent when people say 'anyone' would have done the same)
- he cares/cared about our club and if not for the once in a life time/extreme exceptional circumstance he would have been a career Bulldog.

always right
12-04-2013, 05:24 PM

On the flip side you can say that if his heart wasn't in it he wouldn't have even considered staying at the club.

- the club/Fantasia could have been more proactive in our negotiations with Ward
- he values money to the extent majority of society does (although I resent when people say 'anyone' would have done the same)- he cares/cared about our club and if not for the once in a life time/extreme exceptional circumstance he would have been a career Bulldog.

What we can say with confidence is that Callan Ward is no Chris Grant.

Rocco Jones
12-04-2013, 05:35 PM
What we can say with confidence is that Callan Ward is no Chris Grant.

What percentage of society is like Chris Grant?

Callan Ward isn't Chris Grant but he also isn't Kurt Tippett.

bornadog
12-04-2013, 05:41 PM
At the end of the day, the whole footy world knew excatly when GC and GWS would be entering the competition. Most clubs stitched up their good young players except us.

Fantasia failed to negotiate the year before it all happened and we lost two good players. Imagine the team now with Ward and Harbrow.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Personally wouldn't want Ward back.

chef
12-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Me neither.

WBFC4FFC
12-04-2013, 06:39 PM
What does Ward do that is exceptional? By that I mean he is not unique (especially at $900k a year). His role in the club is easily covered for.

Also, Harbrow has been covered for with Johannisen (but I now read he is omitted for this Sunday).

In any case, these guys were not once in a generation talent (like Chris Grant). The only shame is with Harbrow and blowing the compo pick on Sherman. That is my beef!

LostDoggy
12-04-2013, 07:06 PM
What percentage of society is like Chris Grant?

Callan Ward isn't Chris Grant but he also isn't Kurt Tippett.

Ryan Griffen could have left and got Goddard type salary.

Ghost Dog
12-04-2013, 07:11 PM
What does Ward do that is exceptional? By that I mean he is not unique (especially at $900k a year). His role in the club is easily covered for.

Also, Harbrow has been covered for with Johannisen (but I now read he is omitted for this Sunday).

In any case, these guys were not once in a generation talent (like Chris Grant). The only shame is with Harbrow and blowing the compo pick on Sherman. That is my beef!

I'd have Libba at about par in a year or so wouldn't you guys? even being as one eyed as I am.

Anyway, James, we never really warmed to your work here on Woof.net.au but wish you happy times and miserable outcomes at the dorks.

Ghost Dog
12-04-2013, 07:13 PM

Agreed TBB.

AndrewP6
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM

- he values money to the extent majority of society does (although I resent when people say 'anyone' would have done the same)
- he cares/cared about our club and if not for the once in a life time/extreme exceptional circumstance he would have been a career Bulldog.

I'd debate this point. Black and white maybe... IMO if he really cared (more than lining his pockets) he'd have knocked them back.

I wouldn't want him back.

Topdog
12-04-2013, 08:29 PM
What makes people think that he cares about the club though?

boydogs
12-04-2013, 08:34 PM

He's inside and outside, hard as a cat's head in close but with the ability to kick it 55m to a target. Our current midfield are so one dimensional in being either one or the other, people are confused which side Koby Stevens sits on.

bulldogtragic
02-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Just heard on ch9, Fantasia is only on a three month trial with Hawks.

azabob
02-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Just heard on ch9, Fantasia is only on a three month trial with Hawks.

No way? Surely not?

Greystache
02-07-2013, 09:19 AM
No way? Surely not?

I didn't see the show, but surely it's just the standard 3 month probation for any new permanent employee?

Bulldog4life
02-07-2013, 10:23 AM
He is in hospital and has got about 3 mths off apparently.

Twodogs
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
He is in hospital and has got about 3 mths off apparently.

Nasty. Does anyone know what his health issue is?

Whatever I hope he gets well sooner rather than later.

Bulldog4life
02-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Nasty. Does anyone know what his health issue is?

Whatever I hope he gets well sooner rather than later.

www.news.com.au/sport/afl/...have.../story-fnelctok-1226672224067

1 day ago – FANTASIA TAKES PERSONAL LEAVE. HAWTHORN'S new football manager, James Fantasia, has been given time off after a stay in hospital ...

MrMahatma
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
While buddy walks away from the hawks.

LostDoggy
04-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Was visiting someone in Epworth last week and Fantasia walked out of a room, thought he was visiting also. I did comment he looked aful, so was obviously he patient not a visitor. Hope nothing too serious, serious enough having tine off a new job in trial

bornadog
04-07-2013, 08:54 AM
While buddy walks away from the hawks.

I think ihave mentioned this before that a good source has said Fantasia wont be involved in any player negotiations.

G-Mo77
04-07-2013, 03:22 PM
I think ihave mentioned this before that a good source has said Fantasia wont be involved in any player negotiations.

What does he do there then?

bornadog
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
What does he do there then?

Football Manager. He doesn't have to be directly involved in contract negotiation does he? Just like he doesn't coach, perform fitness sessions, etc etc.

AndrewP6
27-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Fantasia has now resigned from his position at Hawthorn, on medical advice.

azabob
27-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Fantasia has now resigned from his position at Hawthorn, on medical advice.

Poor guy, wonder what is wrong. He said its not of a critical nature?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-fantasia-resigns-from-position-at-hawthorn-20130727-2qqn8.html

AndrewP6
27-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Poor guy, wonder what is wrong. He said its not of a critical nature?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-fantasia-resigns-from-position-at-hawthorn-20130727-2qqn8.html

Not sure but if he's had to stop working, it's got to be serious.

Twodogs
27-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I have heard that James is suffering from bleeding into the brain and has been taking fits. I've also heard that he won't be able to drive for at least twelve months.

azabob
27-07-2013, 06:06 PM
I have heard that James is suffering from bleeding into the brain and has been taking fits. I've also heard that he won't be able to drive for at least twelve months.

Cheers. Poor bloke.

bornadog
27-07-2013, 06:17 PM

No one would wish that on him, hope he recovers soon.

Twodogs
27-07-2013, 08:21 PM
James has now officially resigned from Hawthorn.

Remi Moses
27-07-2013, 08:23 PM
That's bloody horrible.
Hopefully he gets well soon

The Underdog
27-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Best of luck to him. Hope things work out ok. Awful news.

Eastdog
27-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Not good to hear. Hope he gets well soon.

The Doctor
27-07-2013, 11:22 PM
wonder if it's an aneurysm? or something like it. Horrible if it is, horrible what ever it is. Can only wish him a speedy recovery.

Ghost Dog
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Doctor, by the way, are you actually a doctor?

Murphy'sLore
01-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Or a Time Lord? :)

LostDoggy
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Or a Time Lord? :)

too funny