PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee- Round 4 vs Adelaide

Greystache
14-04-2013, 02:47 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for next Sunday's game against Adelaide at AAMI stadium?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would be good.

Greystache
14-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I'd expect a few changes this week. What do we think?

Go_Dogs
14-04-2013, 04:53 PM
In: Boyd, Macrae, Stringer, JJ, Cordy
Out: Smith, Giansiracusa, Higgins, Wood (injured), Campbell

Would also consider dropping Dickson.

lemmon
14-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Out-
Wood
Campbell
Higgins
Dickson

In-
Stringer
Cordy
Macrae
Boyd

The Pie Man
14-04-2013, 04:56 PM
In:

Boyd
Macrae
Williams
JJ

Out:

Smith
Gia
Campbell
Wood

Smith squeezed out with Boyd available
Gia or Higgins...went for Gia as he has no upside left
Can't see my call for Williams being popular, but his run at Willy in a second ruck/forward role was more promising than other candidates have displayed to date
Wood automatic, I thought JJ showed enough in the first fortnight to return

The Underdog
14-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Without too much thought I'd think

In: Williams, Boyd (if fit), Macrae, Johannissen
Out: Campbell, Wood, Higgins, and a rest for one of Smith, Wallis or Libba. Whoever needs it. Wallis looked knackered in the last.

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 05:00 PM
In
Tom Boyd (dreaming...) ok Matty then
Macrae
Grant
Williams
Cordy

Out
Campbell
Wallis
Smith
Higgins
Wood

No Stringer - let him get match fit

Rance Fan
Out Campbell, Higgins, Gia, Wood
In Macrae,JJ, Cordy, Stringer

lemmon
In:
role was more promising than other candidates have displayed to date

We saw what happened bringing in an underdone Wood today, having to sub off your centre half forward and second ruck blows you out of the water

The Pie Man
14-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I'd listen to anyone willing to mount a case for Grant or Ves (or both) for one of/both Higgins & Dickson.

The Pie Man
14-04-2013, 05:03 PM
We saw what happened bringing in an underdone Wood today, having to sub off your centre half forward and second ruck blows you out of the water

Hearing you - Easton should've come through the VFL, no question.

Tom at least played at that level yesterday. Got through, it's enough for mine

Nuggety Back Pocket
14-04-2013, 05:07 PM
In: Boyd, Macrae, Stringer, JJ, Cordy
Out: Smith, Giansiracusa, Higgins, Wood (injured), Campbell

Would also consider dropping Dickson.

Your changes are spot on IMO. Dickson's past two games has been very poor. Higgins and Gia should surely go before him.

Greystache
14-04-2013, 05:14 PM
In- Boyd, JJ, Macrae, Cordy, Veszpremi

Out- Wood, Dickson, Campbell, Higgins, Smith

Wood should never have played and should be made to wait a very very long time to prove he has something to offer. Cordy is average but is more suited to paying second ruck. Dickson has struggled to have an impact. Leave Higgins out until we play Melbourne and he can show off his "class", Smith to go out for Boyd.

Dog54
14-04-2013, 05:29 PM
In

Stringer (sub)
McRae
Cordy or williams
Boyd
JJ

Out

Wood ( shame we played underdone)
Campbell ( only ever a1st ruck an terrible up forward)
Dickson ( can't play Gia Dickson and higgins in one side)
Smith ( to many inside mids)

Mofra
14-04-2013, 05:33 PM
In: Boyd, Macrae, JJ, Cordy
Out: Giansiracusa, Higgins, Wood (injured), Campbell

Macrae to play forward/half forward, Cross/Smith to rotate forward as per H2 against Freo as two mid forwards are dropped.

Cordy at least provides a contest, he's well ahead of Campbell in the forward/ruck 2 role

JJ really does give us some spark. Will probably have to be managed through this year

Stringer looks good but is a mile off AFL fitness standards with his interrupted pre season.

GVGjr
14-04-2013, 05:43 PM
In: Boyd, Macrae, JJ, Cordy
Out: Giansiracusa, Higgins, Wood (injured), Campbell

Macrae to play forward/half forward, Cross/Smith to rotate forward as per H2 against Freo as two mid forwards are dropped.

Cordy at least provides a contest, he's well ahead of Campbell in the forward/ruck 2 role

JJ really does give us some spark. Will probably have to be managed through this year

Stringer looks good but is a mile off AFL fitness standards with his interrupted pre season.

This is about what I would do as well but I'd have Williams and maybe Veszpremi in contention as well. I think Dickson needs a spell but I think he was injured today.

I agree that Stringer isn't ready yet and while it would be a popular move I don't think it's a good one just yet.

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Hearing you - Easton should've come through the VFL, no question.

Tom at least played at that level yesterday. Got through, it's enough for mine

You would be suggesting that Boyd should have a run with Willi first?

The Pie Man
14-04-2013, 06:14 PM
You would be suggesting that Boyd should have a run with Willi first?

Ha - well played...maybe he needs a fortnight there!

The medical staff would've had to be confident Easton was right...if JJ just needed a rest, who could we have brought in instead? I guess Macrae, though looks better suited mid/forward.

I think we can all agree that Macrae seems a lock to debut

DOG GOD
14-04-2013, 06:24 PM
I've got more chance of being an inclusion as gia being an omission....unfortunately.

always right
14-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Dickson limping off today didn't look good. It might save Gia and Higgins or at least one of them.

Really tempted to bring in Stringer but following week might be better...the big Adealide oval will test him.

In;
Boyd
Cordy
JJ
McCrae

Out;
Wood
Dickson
Campbell
Higgins

boydogs
14-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Alrighty, well JJ needs to come back in after a week off for the injured Wood, and Boyd should be back, Smith seems to be the worst of our inside mids at the moment.

But we still have an inside/outside imbalance IMO. Macrae was BOG for Williamstown yesterday, I would bring him in for Stevens. Campbell isn't up to it at the moment, but rather than bring Cordy back I would bring Williams in, his return from injury for Williamstown yesterday was good.

That's 4 changes already, and without dropping any of Gia, Dickson or Higgins, who have let us down badly 2 weeks running. We need half forwards prepared to work hard both ways all game. Grant lacks intensity and Stringer lacks fitness, Veszpremi was good yesterday so I would bring him in for Dickson.

In: Boyd, Williams, Macrae, Veszpremi, Johanissen
Out: Smith, Campbell, Stevens, Dickson, Wood

bulldogtragic
14-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Out:

Wood (injured)
Campbell
Higgins
Dickson

In:

Stringer / Vez
Cordy
Macrae
Boyd

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Stringer has looked likely to get injured every time he plays. We don't want him to be another Tom Williams. He really has to get a fitness base first and an ability to protect his body in such a way as to minimise possible harm. We really should be patient with him.

westbulldog
14-04-2013, 07:03 PM
In Macrae, JJ, Boyd, Williams, Stringer
Out Higgins, Gia, Dickson, Campbell, Wood

Ghost Dog
14-04-2013, 07:13 PM
In Macrae, Stringer, JJ, Boyd, Williams
Out Higgins, Gia, Dickson, Wood, Smith

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 07:21 PM
In: JJ, Williams, Macrae, Stringer, Boyd

Out: Wood (injured), Campbell, Higgins, Dickson, Smith

JJ comes straight back in for the injured (ah, again) Wood. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the call to play him today looks a shocker. Campbell was today what Minson was when Huddo was playing number one ruck. He makes way for Tom Williams who can provide support at FF for Jones and can relieve Minson. Higgins has been abysmal for the last two rounds and needs to dominate VFL level for a sustained period before he his again considered for selection. No more excuses. Macrae to be rewarded for a BOG performance against Coburg yesterday, can rotate between a forward flank and midfield. Stringer simply demanded to be selected with his performance yesterday and he replaces Dickson who needs to find some touch and confidence in the twos. If fit, Boyd plays. Smith makes way.

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 07:34 PM
In: JJ, Williams, Macrae, Stringer, Boyd

Out: Wood (injured), Campbell, Higgins, Dickson, Smith

JJ comes straight back in for the injured (ah, again) Wood. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the call to play him today looks a shocker. Campbell was today what Minson was when Huddo was playing number one ruck. He makes way for Tom Williams who can provide support at FF for Jones and can relieve Minson. Higgins has been abysmal for the last two rounds and needs to dominate VFL level for a sustained period before he his again considered for selection. No more excuses. Macrae to be rewarded for a BOG performance against Coburg yesterday, can rotate between a forward flank and midfield. Stringer simply demanded to be selected with his performance yesterday and he replaces Dickson who needs to find some touch and confidence in the twos. If fit, Boyd plays. Smith makes way.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Possibly Stringer as a super sub (he can split a game open in a quarter or two - and he probably doesn't have the fitness for much more than that)? Possibly give Smith another go with JJ to miss.

With Morris there and Williams for cover, why can't Roughead ruck, ie follow the opposition's resting ruck forward around??

But realistically what I think will happen:

In Macrae Boyd Cordy
Out Wood Dickson Campbell

Higgins appears to be undroppable (and I still don't know why). Gia is in same boat - his great finishing surely can no longer excuse his inability to a - get to a contest, b - influence a contest and c - chase...(at least Gia has age as an excuse, what's Higgins excuse??)

Happy Days
14-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Out:

Wood (injured)
Campbell
Higgins
Dickson

In:

Stringer / Vez
Cordy
Macrae
Boyd

This, but Williams instead of Cordy. Jones was the overwhelming positive this week, and he deserves an opportunity to go one out this next game to see if he can build on it; the bizarre over-targeting of Campbell really felt like an imposition on what could have been a big bag.

Williams will do his best work leading right up the ground, giving him the space to work in.

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Out: Wood, Campbell, Higgins, Smith
In: Boyd, JJ, Stringer, Ves

Williams could do with another week. I thought Ves was probably better than Macrae in the twos and i'd rather not play 2 first gamers together. Good option for the sub as well. Gia probably just scrapes through because of how bad Higgins was and 5 changes is a bit much, but i'd rather see a Tutt and Ves over Gia and Higgins

Haven't seen a replay, would picken have anything to answer for on the late hit near the end of the game?

Mofra
14-04-2013, 07:47 PM
This is about what I would do as well but I'd have Williams and maybe Veszpremi in contention as well. I think Dickson needs a spell but I think he was injured today.
I quite liked Vez's game this weekend, did his chances no harm. I think Williams looked a little out of touch and needs another week at VFL level.

2nd tall/ruck back-up spot not nailed down yet, but Campbell is behind Williams & Cordy IMO

Rocco Jones
14-04-2013, 08:13 PM
I know I bang on about it but Tom Campbell today showed the massive difference between the 1st and 2nd ruck roles. He just looked terrible up forward and as a 2nd ruck you need to spend twice as much there as you do in the ruck. I would just about have Daniel Cross ahead of Campell as a 2nd ruck (not kidding, role has changed that much IMO).

I don't want to beat on Gia and Higgins but what do they offer us? It seems like they have good attidues off the field but on it they are poor leaders on it. I get they are limited players and have to rely on their smarts to steal goals or set them up but as a by product they are modelling unhealty qualities when it comes to our players development.

Rocco Jones
14-04-2013, 08:15 PM
2nd tall/ruck back-up spot not nailed down yet, but Campbell is behind Williams & Cordy IMO

Campbell is simply not a 2nd ruck. I'd rather Cross or Markovic in the role.

Hotdog60
14-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Just to throw it out there but I thought Tutt had a reasonable game against Coburg could he help with some outside run.

azabob
14-04-2013, 09:17 PM
IN
Cordy
Boyd
Macrea
JJ
Veszpremi

OUT

Minson
Dickson
Gia
Wood
Smith

Minson's biggest asset is his aggression and competitiveness. The last couple of weeks he hasn't appeared to compete or unable to influence the contest.

Ghost Dog
14-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Just to throw it out there but I thought Tutt had a reasonable game against Coburg could he help with some outside run.

Yeah I agree. Tutt for Higgins?

Ghost Dog
14-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I know I bang on about it but Tom Campbell today showed the massive difference between the 1st and 2nd ruck roles. He just looked terrible up forward and as a 2nd ruck you need to spend twice as much there as you do in the ruck. I would just about have Daniel Cross ahead of Campell as a 2nd ruck (not kidding, role has changed that much IMO).

I don't want to beat on Gia and Higgins but what do they offer us? It seems like they have good attidues off the field but on it they are poor leaders on it. I get they are limited players and have to rely on their smarts to steal goals or set them up but as a by product they are modelling unhealty qualities when it comes to our players development.

Dixon? What's your take on him.

Mofra
14-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I agree, but it seems the development coaches are adamant in getting him to rest forward though (happened at Willy when I saw it too).

It's the same scenario as playing Will & Huddo in the same team, except that was in the 4 on the bench days and now it robs us of even more run if either need to sit on the pine.

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 09:42 PM
IN
Cordy
Boyd
Macrea
JJ
Veszpremi

OUT

Minson
Dickson
Gia
Wood
Smith

Minson's biggest asset is his aggression and competitiveness. The last couple of weeks he hasn't appeared to compete or unable to influence the contest.

I had him 2nd best last week and a standout B.O.G the 1st week. You are kidding you would rather have Campbell than Minson?

Mofra
14-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Seriously? I thought he was one of the few who could at least hold his head high on a cumulative 2 week basis. 80 hit outs in two weeks is no easy matter.

Rocco Jones
14-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I don't disagree, but what kinds of behaviors do you mean?

'Cheating' to get disposals, goals, goal assists etc. If it was just one of them and we were in a gun side, it would be OK, however it is counter productive to a developing side.

I really don't want to beat on them because I often cringe at the abuse they get from our fans at games but what do they offer us?

Today, the trio of Higgins, Gia and Dickson offered a grand total of 27 disposals, 10 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal and 1 behind. Is their output really much different to Josh Hill when he was 'struggling' at us?

Rocco Jones
14-04-2013, 09:51 PM

We got 99 problems but Will ain't one.

bornadog
14-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Seriously? I thought he was one of the few who could at least hold his head high on a cumulative 2 week basis. 80 hit outs in two weeks is no easy matter.

Not good enough according to some:p

Our biggest issue today was the midfield. Delidio Cotchin and Martin killed us.

In Boyd, Cordy, Grant, jj

Out Campbell, Dickson, Wood, Higgins

Nuggety Back Pocket
14-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Wood should never have played and should be made to wait a very very long time to prove he has something to offer. Cordy is average but is more suited to paying second ruck. Dickson has struggled to have an impact. Leave Higgins out until we play Melbourne and he can show off his "class", Smith to go out for Boyd.

Veszpremi doesn't inspire much confidence as a senior player and to me given our limited attack why wouldn't you be tempted to play Stringer?
Campbell clearly looked out of his depth today. Gia like Higgins doesn't deserve to be in the team and may well have stayed on too long. Our lack of pace is a major concern and therefore players like JJ and Tutt should come under consideration. We need to react more quickly to players being tagged out of the game such as Griffen last week and Liberatore today. We have sadly lacked Boyd's leadership in the past two weeks and his presence with so many new players is vital.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Macrae deserves his debut and he's also the type of player we lack, so I would assume he's an automatic inclusion.

Cordy for Campbell is logical, as I think Williams needs at least another week or two.

I'd love to see Stringer play but echo the statements on his fitness levels. Needs more time, we should be patient and not reactive with this situation.

I would look at getting Vez in the side and probably Grant too, based on their performances. I didn't see today's game so I'll go off what I've read.

IN: Macrae, Cordy, Veszremi, Grant
OUT: Smith, Campbell, Higgins, Dickson

JJ is a chance if we feel we need a defender.

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Lets be honest. Gia and Higgins are never going to be both dropped. Unlikely either would get dropped anyway unless injured, no matter what we rightly believe.

Boyd for Smith
Cordy for Campbell
Vezpremi for Dickson
JJ for Wood

Ghost Dog
14-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Bring in Dylan Addison to the rescue! ^_^

The Underdog
14-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Macrae deserves his debut and he's also the type of player we lack, so I would assume he's an automatic inclusion.

Cordy for Campbell is logical, as I think Williams needs at least another week or two.

I'd love to see Stringer play but echo the statements on his fitness levels. Needs more time, we should be patient and not reactive with this situation.

I would look at getting Vez in the side and probably Grant too, based on their performances. I didn't see today's game so I'll go off what I've read.

IN: Macrae, Cordy, Veszremi, Grant
OUT: Smith, Campbell, Higgins, Dickson

JJ is a chance if we feel we need a defender.

We'll need a replacement for Wood, so JJ would seem the natural choice there. Pearce might also be a chance.

jeemak
14-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm still pretty livid about the game, so the following might have tinges of that.

In - Cordy, Veszpremi, MacRae
Out - Campbell, Dickson, Wood

Higgins and Giansiracusa are bloody lucky to keep their spots. A fair portion of that is on the back of them having an excellent game after two bad games each, and the poor work of our midfield basically making it very easy for their opponents to dominate the game. I'd have hated to be a forward, particularly a medium sized one today.

The Underdog
14-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Veszpremi doesn't inspire much confidence as a senior player and to me given our limited attack why wouldn't you be tempted to play Stringer?
Campbell clearly looked out of his depth today. Gia like Higgins doesn't deserve to be in the team and may well have stayed on too long. Our lack of pace is a major concern and therefore players like JJ and Tutt should come under consideration. We need to react more quickly to players being tagged out of the game such as Griffen last week and Liberatore today. We have sadly lacked Boyd's leadership in the past two weeks and his presence with so many new players is vital.

Stringer got injured in his only quarter of NAB Cup. I'd rather take a slow approach with him now and let his body work it's way to the fitness level needed for the jump to AFL. Let's take a long term view. We aren't going to gain much by bringing him in 5-10 weeks earlier but we might lose a heap.

Greystache
14-04-2013, 10:28 PM

To me Stringer doesn't look like he would be able to run out a half at the moment, it's too big a risk with the potential of us getting an injury and needing him to play out a full game. Risky for us being effectively one player short, and risky to him doing a soft tissue injury.

Vesz was pretty good on Saturday and I think if he's a chance to make it at AFL level it's as a midsized forward. He's never really had the chance to play that role because we've had Gia, Higgins, and now Dickson playing that role. The reality is Gia is gone now and will be gone offically at the end of the season, Dickson has struggled the last 2 weeks, and Higgins is a downhill skiier. Veszpremi is fighting for his footballing life this season, I think we should give him enough rope to either save or hang himself with it.

We're getting nothing from the three mentioned, I think we should see if Veszpremi can offer any more. He's at least in the right age bracket that if he can offer us something he can do it for another 7-8 years.

bornadog
14-04-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm still pretty livid about the game, so the following might have tinges of that.

In - Cordy, Veszpremi
Out - Campbell, Dickson

Higgins and Giansiracusa are bloody lucky to keep their spots. A fair portion of that is on the back of them having an excellent game after two bad games each, and the poor work of our midfield basically making it very easy for their opponents to dominate the game. I'd have hated to be a forward, particularly a medium sized one today.

Boyd will play this week.

GVGjr
14-04-2013, 10:34 PM

I agree. He has a track record of durability and if he says he is ready to go then we should play him.

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 10:36 PM
I have been one of the front runners for Higgins to be dropped and believe it should have happened last year to show him he is not untouchable. However I seem to recall, and please feel free to set me straight if any woofer knows this, that his family is close friends with Brendan McCartney? I heard it during an interview last year. I hope this isn't causing any bias on this decision? I'd like to think our coach is more professional than that.

boydogs
14-04-2013, 10:50 PM
To me Stringer doesn't look like he would be able to run out a half at the moment, it's too big a risk with the potential of us getting an injury and needing him to play out a full game. Risky for us being effectively one player short, and risky to him doing a soft tissue injury.

Vesz was pretty good on Saturday and I think if he's a chance to make it at AFL level it's as a midsized forward. He's never really had the chance to play that role because we've had Gia, Higgins, and now Dickson playing that role. The reality is Gia is gone now and will be gone offically at the end of the season, Dickson has struggled the last 2 weeks, and Higgins is a downhill skiier. Veszpremi is fighting for his footballing life this season, I think we should give him enough rope to either save or hang himself with it.

We're getting nothing from the three mentioned, I think we should see if Veszpremi can offer any more. He's at least in the right age bracket that if he can offer us something he can do it for another 7-8 years.

I like your thinking. Which of the 3 does he come in for, and what can we do with the other two?

Greystache
14-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I like your thinking. Which of the 3 does he come in for, and what can we do with the other two?

This is what I had

Leave Gia in and hope someone pushes him out with form in the VFL, Grant etc

Rocco Jones
14-04-2013, 11:01 PM
In- Cordy, JJ, Macrae, Boyd, Vez, Tutt
Out- Campbell, Wood, Gia, Higgins, Dickson, Smith

With Vez= I actually don't believe he will end up being much different to Higgins/Gia but I think we should at least give him a chance. It's already been said but playing for your footballing life thing.

bornadog
14-04-2013, 11:06 PM
In- Cordy, JJ, Macrae, Boyd, Vez, Tutt
Out- Campbell, Wood, Gia, Higgins, Dickson, Smith

With Vez= I actually don't believe he will end up being much different to Higgins/Gia but I think we should at least give him a chance. It's already been said but playing for your footballing life thing.

Not a fan of Vez one little bit. He should have been delisted last year. He played ok on Saturday but to me doesnot deserve a game yet. A couple of more like Saturday and perhaps he should be considered.

boydogs
14-04-2013, 11:07 PM
This is what I had

Whose replacing Higgins there, Macrae? I'd liked his goal sense yesterday but he's not the same type of player

jeemak
14-04-2013, 11:10 PM

If he's ready he plays, and I'll put him in ahead of Smith.

Rocco Jones
14-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Not a fan of Vez one little bit. He should have been delisted last year. He played ok on Saturday but to me doesnot deserve a game yet. A couple of more like Saturday and perhaps he should be considered.

I wanted him delisted too and as I said the chance would be just to remove any doubt left however I agree with you. He does need to string a few games together.

Maybe keep Gia. Clutching at straws.

Nuggety Back Pocket
14-04-2013, 11:14 PM

I appreciate your thoughts on Vesz. We are simply carrying too many passengers on the forward line like Gia Higgins and Dickson.
We also lack depth experience and class in the midfield and both Griffen and Libba need more support. We need Boyd back desperately and it is time to move back Cooney to give us more grunt and pace. This then leaves Lower Stevens etc to become back up midfielders to the above mentioned.

bornadog
I wanted him delisted too and as I said the chance would be just to remove any doubt left however I agree with you. He does need to string a few games together.

Maybe keep Gia. Clutching at straws.

You are not wrong there:o

Greystache
Whose replacing Higgins there, Macrae? I'd liked his goal sense yesterday but he's not the same type of player

Yes MaCrae. The fact he's not the same type of player as Higgins forms much of the basis of his selection, along with his obvious exposed form.

Greystache
14-04-2013, 11:18 PM
I appreciate your thoughts on Vesz. We are simply carrying too many passengers on the forward line like Gia Higgins and Dickson.

We also lack depth experience and class in the midfield and both Griffen and Libba need more support. We need Boyd back desperately and it is time to move back Cooney to give us more grunt and pace. This then leaves Lower Stevens etc to become back up midfielders to the above mentioned.

I agree with you on Cooney. He looks just about fully fit now and should be spending a big percentage of the game in the middle. We need his pace and creativity as well as his ability to win the ball in close.

jeemak
14-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I have been one of the front runners for Higgins to be dropped and believe it should have happened last year to show him he is not untouchable. However I seem to recall, and please feel free to set me straight if any woofer knows this, that his family is close friends with Brendan McCartney? I heard it during an interview last year. I hope this isn't causing any bias on this decision? I'd like to think our coach is more professional than that.

Higgins was close to best on ground in round one. Our problems this week had nothing to do with our forward line, at all. Our midfield pressure, ball winning ability, quality, irrespective of any stats you can throw up was disgraceful today. Players like Higgins with good defenders on them were on a hiding to nothing. They never had a chance.

Our clubs issues aren't only in the forward half.

Sedat
14-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I agree with you on Cooney. He looks just about fully fit now and should be spending a big percentage of the game in the middle. We need his pace and creativity as well as his ability to win the ball in close.
Who would then be our defensive running rebounders? I love the idea of Coons in the middle but I dread the thought of who replaces him off half back.

Rocco Jones
14-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Who would then be our defensive running rebounders? I love the idea of Coons in the middle but I dread the thought of who replaces him off half back.

After the last couple of years, I'll settle for Cooney even resembling his old self anywhere on the field. I've been rapt with his first 3 games.

bornadog
14-04-2013, 11:27 PM

Howard:D

LostDoggy
14-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Dickson's defensive pressure is streets ahead of Vez. Dickson adheres to structures better, is an intelligent footballer, and covers a fair bit of ground (which I'm not sure Vez could do without blowing up).

He looks like he needs a rest though, as he appears to be troubled by some sort of injury, judging by the grimacing that was going on today.

Sedat
14-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Dickson's defensive pressure is streets ahead of Vez. Dickson adheres to structures better, is an intelligent footballer, and covers a fair bit of ground (which I'm not sure Vez could do without blowing up).

He looks like he needs a rest though, as he appears to be troubled by some sort of injury, judging by the grimacing that was going on today.
I like Dickson for the reasons you've mentioned above but he has been poor the last 2 weeks and for most of the pre-season. He rolled an ankle today and looks like he needs a spell.

jeemak
14-04-2013, 11:41 PM

I like Dickson for the reasons you've mentioned above but he has been poor the last 2 weeks and for most of the pre-season. He rolled an ankle today and looks like he needs a spell.

Dickson's a bit off at the moment. He doesn't seem at all buoyant.

Agree with Sedat's commentary on him, he's been that way for a few weeks. I think it's time to get him right with a week or two off and bring in Vez who really did show a lot yesterday.

bornadog
14-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Dickson's a bit off at the moment. He doesn't seem at all buoyant.

Agree with Sedat's commentary on him, he's been that way for a few weeks. I think it's time to get him right with a week or two off and bring in Vez who really did show a lot yesterday.

Just watched the press conference, Boyd will be playing next week. Dickson rolled an ankle, I suspect he will be out, or at the very least should be dropped.

Greystache
14-04-2013, 11:49 PM

It just a matter of rotating an extra midfielder off half back rather than leaving Cooney there for extended periods. Stevens, Griffen etc along with JJ and Goodes being in defence permanently. Playing Cooney more through the midfield where he can have a greater impact on the game is needed more than his rebound off half back.

Greystache
14-04-2013, 11:50 PM

I'm the same as you, he definitely looks to be labouring at the moment.

boydogs
15-04-2013, 03:34 AM
Yes MaCrae. The fact he's not the same type of player as Higgins forms much of the basis of his selection, along with his obvious exposed form.

I suspect this is a reference to Higgins' lack of workrate, but we do need his leading and marking down there. Fixing our half forward line issues by filling it with midfielders will result in a truck load of turnovers when going inside 50.

Remi Moses
15-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Macrae, Boyd Cordy JJ( if fit) perhaps Pearce Vez( last chance saloon)
Campbell, Smith Higgins Wood Dickson?

Remi Moses
15-04-2013, 04:42 AM
It just a matter of rotating an extra midfielder off half back rather than leaving Cooney there for extended periods. Stevens, Griffen etc along with JJ and Goodes being in defence permanently. Playing Cooney more through the midfield where he can have a greater impact on the game is needed more than his rebound off half back.

Agree ^^ cooney in the midfield please.

Ghost Dog
15-04-2013, 08:23 AM
If Picken plays he has to go into the midfield or Forward. He's a bit of a devil may care street fighter, not able to think his way carefully out of the backline. Has to be taught to slow down and think or can't be used down back.

Tutt could do the rebounding out back, with Cooney to the middle. He looked pretty composed V Coburg.

Ozza
15-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Out:

Campbell - not even close to being up to it.

Certainly one of Gia/Higgins/Dickson had to go. Dickson looks to be out injured. But I'd send Higgins to Willy also.

Wood - terrible decision to bring him in.

Smith - Would like to see him spend a few weeks on ball all day for Willy.

IN:

If the MC think Williams is fit enough - I'd have him play forward/second Ruck. If not - Cordy.

Macrae - looks too good for VFL. Can kick a goal and uses it well.

Johannisen - in for Wood.

Boyd - in for Smith

(If we drop Higgins....Vez played very very well for Willy...Stringer probably not quite ready fitness-wise, and shouldn't be rushed...).

stefoid
15-04-2013, 09:57 AM

One of the reasons we under the pump down back was because we couldnt win it out of the middle, and when we did, we couldnt kick it to our forwards properly, so in this case, I reckon putting Coon in the guts helps the backline more than putting him actually in the backline.

On a realted note, I think perhaps we have an unhealthy reliance on one or two players (boyd and libba) getting the ball out, and when they don't, our midfield is all at sea.

Mac said in the presser that we seemed to have all our players either on the inside or the outside of the contest. I reckon the mids need to work out if Libba/Boyd arent in there winning more than their fair share of first hands, then who does what?

First of all we reverse two forced changes from last week - JJ, Cords IN, Campbell and Wood OUT.

Unforced changes: I reckon Vezpremi couldnt have done any worse than Guido, Higgins or Dicko, so get him in there.

If Stringer doesnt have the tank, then maybe we need to give Grant another run. He looked interested in scrapping for the ground ball against Coburg. Dicko out for a while.

craigsahibee
15-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Out:
Higgins - big red texta through his name
Dickson - see above
Wood - negatives far outweigh the positive
Campbell - a long way off
Gia (may be safe due to reluctance to make too many changes)

In:
Macrae - will be suited to the expanses of footy park
Cordy - because he is not Campbell
JJ - run is a necessity
Talia - for match up reasons only. Crows will run Jacobs and Jenkins through the forward line to stretch us. Roughy will go to Tex. Dale will need to take one of the smaller forwards.

Mofra
15-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Bring in Dylan Addison to the rescue! ^_^
He actually provides competitiveness to the forwardline which is soemthign we lack.
He's still doing rehab after his injuries isn't he? A few weeks away. He wouldn;t have let Houli run off with easy possession, that's for sure.

G-Mo77
15-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Outs
Wood
Dickson
Campbell
Smith

Ins
Boyd
Sorry
JJ
Macrae

Would love to drop one of Higgins or Gia but they'll get another shot.

always right
15-04-2013, 11:21 AM
The problem with Vez is he is simply another version of Gia, Higgins and Dickson. On the larges expanses of Footy Park, I reckon McCrae, Tutt and Grant must be our options.

Mofra
15-04-2013, 11:37 AM
The problem with Vez is he is simply another version of Gia, Higgins and Dickson.
I see him as the opposite of Gia in some respects.

Gia is an endurance player, Vez plays in bursts. Vez has pace, Gia doesn't. Gia is smarter around goal and better overhead, but Vez can get away from his opponent more easily and is a longer kick.

Ozza
15-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Tutty has a pretty good record at Footy Park......

DragzLS1
15-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Macca will not make too many changes.

Bring in Cordy Boyd and JJ.

Would consider Tutt aswell but not sure who for as Macca will like to keep the same side on the park and give them another crack before he swings the axe

F'scary
15-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I never thought that I would say this but...

RUSH CORDY BACK

Ozza
15-04-2013, 01:23 PM
One week of Campbell in the side really raises Cordy's stocks a bit!

LostDoggy
15-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Bring in Tutt and have him replicate his debut at footy park a couple years ago :D

always right
15-04-2013, 02:08 PM
I see him as the opposite of Gia in some respects.

Gia is an endurance player, Vez plays in bursts. Vez has pace, Gia doesn't. Gia is smarter around goal and better overhead, but Vez can get away from his opponent more easily and is a longer kick.

I don't disagree but I still think he will struggle to get separation from his opponent and like Gia and Higgins, he might struggle with defensive pressure.

F'scary
15-04-2013, 02:39 PM
one week of campbell in the side really raises cordy's stocks a bit!

:d :d :d .

Cyberdoggie
15-04-2013, 06:26 PM

I agree that Stringer isn't ready yet and while it would be a popular move I don't think it's a good one just yet.

I agree he needs another week before maybe a home game against the Cats for debut.
However Williams barely got a kick in that game. He was invisible in the second half and i don't think promoting him after a single poor game would send the right message.

On performances alone, Macrae, Veszpremi, Stringer and maybe Tutt should be in consideration

They rushed Wood back and look what happened, i hope they don't do the same with Williams.

Cyberdoggie
15-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Macca will not make too many changes.

Bring in Cordy Boyd and JJ.

Would consider Tutt aswell but not sure who for as Macca will like to keep the same side on the park and give them another crack before he swings the axe

He doesn't usually swing very hard and in his after match presser it sounded like he would take the same approach.

Definate outs are: Wood, and likely Dickson (ankle), Campbell (omitted), Higgins (injured?)

Definate ins: Boyd, JJ (if recovered), Cordy (if his back stops spasming),

I'm guessing Macrae or Veszpremi for the other spot, probably Macrae.

boydogs
15-04-2013, 08:29 PM
He doesn't usually swing very hard and in his after match presser it sounded like he would take the same approach.

Definate outs are: Wood, and likely Dickson (ankle), Campbell (omitted), Higgins (injured?)

Definate ins: Boyd, JJ (if recovered), Cordy (if his back stops spasming),

I'm guessing Macrae or Veszpremi for the other spot, probably Macrae.

Bit of an imbalance there, JJ/Wood and Cordy/Campbell are like for like but then Dickson and Higgins going out for Boyd and possibly Macrae gives us too many mids and not enough forwards.

No doubt Boyd and Macrae should come in, but I would add a couple more changes to bring Veszpremi and Grant/Stringer in to the forward line.

Mofra
15-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Bit of an imbalance there, JJ/Wood and Cordy/Campbell are like for like but then Dickson and Higgins going out for Boyd and possibly Macrae gives us too many mids and not enough forwards.
Macrae can play half forward (won't be able to run out a game in the midfield anyway), and we had Cross & Smith rotating forward against Freo - they looked good at times.

lemmon
15-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Macrae can play half forward (won't be able to run out a game in the midfield anyway), and we had Cross & Smith rotating forward against Freo - they looked good at times.

Agree, we've seen Cooney and Griff go forward at times as well, Stevens too. Has looked like we've been going with a few too many forwards anyway, Dahl, Gia, Higgins and Dickson were all played predominantly as smalls

Bulldog Revolution
15-04-2013, 09:26 PM
In: - JJ; Vez, Macrae; Cordy

Out: Wood; Higgins; Dickson; Campbell

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-04-2013, 09:30 PM
I know that there have been concerns about Stringer's level of fitness but when you consider what we have witnessed from Cordy Campbell Gia Higgins and Dickson so far we could do a lot worse than throw Stringer into the side. The same could be said of Macrae JJ and Talia. We really have little to lose by bringing them in supported by the likes of the experienced Boyd Griffen Minson Murphy Morris, Cooney and Picken.
Unfortunately we still have 7-8 players on our list who do not cut it at a senior level and as was shown at the end of last year a further large turn over is required..

JohnGentStand
15-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Ins: Williams, Boyd, Vespremi, Grant

Outs, Higgins, Dickson, Wood, Campbell

bide your time young guns, we will unleash you soon enough....

Bulldog4life
16-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I would go slightly left field and bring Pearce in to take Picken's place in the back pocket so Picken can go to the forward line. JJ to take Wood's place. Cordy in for Campbell. Ves in for Dickson and Boydy in for an unlucky Smith.

So Ins: JJ, Cordy, Boyd, Vespremi, Pearce

Outs, Higgins, Dickson, Wood, Campbell, Smith

Plenty of time for the new guys to debut.

soupman
16-04-2013, 11:27 AM
FB: 20. Pearce, 23. Roughead, 38. Morris
HB: 44. Goodes, 31. Young, 17. Cooney
W: 4. Cross, 5. Boyd, 42. Picken
HF: 2. Murphy, 19. Jones, 6. Dahlhaus
FF: 13. Giansiracusa, 49. Cordy, 1. Grant
R: 27. Minson, 16. Griffen, 21. Liberatore

I: 3. Wallis, 15. Tutt, 25. Stevens, 33. Lower

My changes:

Outs: Dickson (inj), Higgins (inj), Wood (inj), Campbell (omitted), Smith (omitted)
Ins: Boyd, Cordy, Tutt, Grant, Pearce

Boyd comes in obviously, and since none of the forced changes are inside mids Clay Smith is the least performed of them and as a result gets dropped, We've been trying to play him in a more outside role anyway which doesn't play to his strengths so I'd rather him play inside at Willy this week.

Cordy comes in for Campbell. Cordy hasn't been great, but at least with him he offers us something and I feel like he might click one day, while Campbell I don't rate and unfortunately I think the only thing he really has going for him is his musical taste. He's an inneffectual ruckman and an even poorer forward.

Pearce comes in for Wood. I like JJ but Pearce played well last week and is a bit bigger than JJ. I wouldn't be fussed if JJ got the nod though. We need this defender as it means Picken doesn't have to play defence.

Grant in for Dickson. Grant comes in to give us a pacier version of Higgins/Dickson. I think Grant has a few unique attributes that need to be persisted with and we need him to give our forwardline a point of difference to slow half forwards and double teamed key forwards.

Tutt comes in for Higgins. I want Tutt in because he has pace, endurance and kicking skills. He effectively becomes the high half forward/wingman that Higgins and Smith have been playing with limited effect.

Wallis is sub, meaning our midfield is less inside heavy, especially with Boyds return.

Was very tempted to bring Macrae in, but I'll give him another week. Stringer did look awesome, but I don't think he is fit enough yet and I'm happy for him to play a few more games for Willy before he has to take the next step up. Veszpremi is unlucky but I rate Grant way ahead of him.

always right
16-04-2013, 12:09 PM
FB: 20. Pearce, 23. Roughead, 38. Morris
HB: 44. Goodes, 31. Young, 17. Cooney
W: 4. Cross, 5. Boyd, 42. Picken
HF: 2. Murphy, 19. Jones, 6. Dahlhaus
FF: 13. Giansiracusa, 49. Cordy, 1. Grant
R: 27. Minson, 16. Griffen, 21. Liberatore

I: 3. Wallis, 15. Tutt, 25. Stevens, 33. Lower

My changes:

Outs: Dickson (inj), Higgins (inj), Wood (inj), Campbell (omitted), Smith (omitted)
Ins: Boyd, Cordy, Tutt, Grant, Pearce

Boyd comes in obviously, and since none of the forced changes are inside mids Clay Smith is the least performed of them and as a result gets dropped, We've been trying to play him in a more outside role anyway which doesn't play to his strengths so I'd rather him play inside at Willy this week.

Cordy comes in for Campbell. Cordy hasn't been great, but at least with him he offers us something and I feel like he might click one day, while Campbell I don't rate and unfortunately I think the only thing he really has going for him is his musical taste. He's an inneffectual ruckman and an even poorer forward.

Pearce comes in for Wood. I like JJ but Pearce played well last week and is a bit bigger than JJ. I wouldn't be fussed if JJ got the nod though. We need this defender as it means Picken doesn't have to play defence.

Grant in for Dickson. Grant comes in to give us a pacier version of Higgins/Dickson. I think Grant has a few unique attributes that need to be persisted with and we need him to give our forwardline a point of difference to slow half forwards and double teamed key forwards.

Tutt comes in for Higgins. I want Tutt in because he has pace, endurance and kicking skills. He effectively becomes the high half forward/wingman that Higgins and Smith have been playing with limited effect.

Wallis is sub, meaning our midfield is less inside heavy, especially with Boyds return.

Was very tempted to bring Macrae in, but I'll give him another week. Stringer did look awesome, but I don't think he is fit enough yet and I'm happy for him to play a few more games for Willy before he has to take the next step up. Veszpremi is unlucky but I rate Grant way ahead of him.

Good summary Soupaman. Disagree with your comments on McCrae however. I think the coach will be keen to elevate him.

F'scary
16-04-2013, 01:05 PM

Or even Hrovat.

Happy Days
16-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Anyone calling for Macrae to not come in, why? He's our best player at the level below, this isn't a case of fast tracking for the sake of it.

whythelongface
16-04-2013, 01:19 PM
FB: JJ Roughead Morris
HB: Goodes Young Cooney
W: Cross, Boyd Macrae
HF: Murphy Jones Dahlhaus
FF: Gia Stringer Grant
R: Minson Griffen Liberatore

I: Wallis Picken Stevens Lower

Out: Wood; Higgins; Campbell; Dickson

Ins: Macrae; Grant; Stringer; JJ

Stringer may not be fit enough at this stage of his development, however based on his form last week at Willi I would like to see him given a go, otherwise Cordy slots in at FF.

The other change I would possibly make is Tutt in for Picken. We need some genuine pace. Something that at least Tutt offers. It wouldn't hurt Picken to have a run at Willi to get some form with ball usage.

always right
16-04-2013, 02:20 PM
FB: JJ Roughead Morris
HB: Goodes Young Cooney
W: Cross, Boyd Macrae
HF: Murphy Jones Dahlhaus
FF: Gia Stringer Grant
R: Minson Griffen Liberatore

I: Wallis Picken Stevens Lower

Out: Wood; Higgins; Campbell; Dickson

Ins: Macrae; Grant; Stringer; JJ

Stringer may not be fit enough at this stage of his development, however based on his form last week at Willi I would like to see him given a go, otherwise Cordy slots in at FF.

The other change I would possibly make is Tutt in for Picken. We need some genuine pace. Something that at least Tutt offers. It wouldn't hurt Picken to have a run at Willi to get some form with ball usage.

I'm assuming you expect Jones to relieve in the ruck. Asking a lot of him when we want him to work his arse off up forward.

Prince Imperial
16-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Anyone calling for Macrae to not come in, why? He's our best player at the level below, this isn't a case of fast tracking for the sake of it.

Having watched him the last two rounds at VFL level, I agree. Maybe an idea to play him as a sub for his first game if there are concerns about his ability to run out a full game.

G-Mo77
16-04-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm assuming you expect Jones to relieve in the ruck. Asking a lot of him when we want him to work his arse off up forward.

That's the issue we have if we don't go with Cordy or Campbell and I don't want any part of it. Jones is not going to relieve ruck duties, not going to happen unless forced by injury. Campbell plays if Cordy isn't ready and Cordy plays if he's good to go. If both are unavailable then you'll need to scramble for someone to help Minson out.

whythelongface
16-04-2013, 02:54 PM

That would be my main concern not having a 2nd ruckman, however as we have seen on the weekend there is no point playing a 2nd ruckman if they don't add value around the ground.

The alternatives are that we:

1/ continue with Cordy at FF and have him play the 2nd ruck role, which I believe is what the selection committee will choose. Whilst not against this option I would like to see Stringer get a run (although as others have stated he may not be fit enough- thus a bit of a gamble).

2/ Use either Jones or Williams as the 2nd ruckman. Williams lacks the game time (though this didn't stop the committee from selecting Wood);

I have no doubt that the selection committee will pick Cordy for the weekend and continue to give Stringer more time at Willi.

The dilemma is what happens in the long run if Cordy doesn't make it as a player? Then we will be forced to use either a Jones or Williams as a 2nd ruck option or even Roughie with Williams playing some time at FB.

Utilising Jones as a back up ruck may not be ideal for his development, however it may be something that we have to consider. It is a big ask but as he gets fitter and stronger it may be the alternative.

LostDoggy
16-04-2013, 03:04 PM
I know that there have been concerns about Stringer's level of fitness but when you consider what we have witnessed from Cordy Campbell Gia Higgins and Dickson so far we could do a lot worse than throw Stringer into the side. The same could be said of Macrae JJ and Talia. We really have little to lose by bringing them in supported by the likes of the experienced Boyd Griffen Minson Murphy Morris, Cooney and Picken.
Unfortunately we still have 7-8 players on our list who do not cut it at a senior level and as was shown at the end of last year a further large turn over is required..

Tell you why I hate the idea. Jimmy Toumpas. Much vaunted for pick 2 he's had 9, 6 and 3 touches in 3 weeks. Learning nothing except despair in the seniors. I just hate watching prodigious young talent getting thrust into the meatgrinder. You rarely see a Geelong player in the seniors year 1. Crozier (Freo), Kavanaugh (Essendon), Smedts (Geelong) all show talent and are being eased in. Geelong are the masters of it accepting the have had the luxury to allow them to do so. I say let these guys beat up the VFL all year and be successful as they develop and ease them in next year. We aren't winning the flag and we are still developing cordy, jones, roughy etc etc in the 1's. Coming along nicely too. No rush this year. Play the ones who can't cut it and cut them lose at the end.

Mofra
16-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Tell you why I hate the idea. Jimmy Toumpas. Much vaunted for pick 2 he's had 9, 6 and 3 touches in 3 weeks. Learning nothing except despair in the seniors. I just hate watching prodigious young talent getting thrust into the meatgrinder. You rarely see a Geelong player in the seniors year 1. Crozier (Freo), Kavanaugh (Essendon), Smedts (Geelong) all show talent and are being eased in. Geelong are the masters of it accepting the have had the luxury to allow them to do so. I say let these guys beat up the VFL all year and be successful as they develop and ease them in next year. We aren't winning the flag and we are still developing cordy, jones, roughy etc etc in the 1's. Coming along nicely too. No rush this year. Play the ones who can't cut it and cut them lose at the end.
Nailed it - Stringer, fitness wise, is just not ready.

He'll get his chances though, and I expect he'll get a taste this year.

Maddog37
16-04-2013, 03:21 PM

What about Jed Anderson at the Hwaks or Ollie Wines at Port? You have used selections to suit your case. Choose players on merit and Macrae has been the best Dogs listed player for the last two weeks.

Bulldog Joe
16-04-2013, 03:33 PM
I see no reason why Macrae and Stringer should not be promoted. Perhaps not both at the same time, but experience in the senior side generally helps development.

Stringer did struggle to see out the game last week but really he is good enough to play.

What they will need is maybe a week off after 2 or 3 games.

For me this week we have known outs
Wood
Higgins
Dickson

I would add
Smith
Campbell

Ins
Williams and I don't care that he has had only 1 game he is better than Cordy/Campbell at this point.
Grant
Macrae
Boyd
JJ or Pearce

Would be happy if they went with Tutt as one of the ins. If Cordy is right to go and they want to bring him in, I would also be happy for Tom Williams to take the spot vacated by Wood and play tall back to allow Young to be played on a small.

LostDoggy
16-04-2013, 05:09 PM
What about Jed Anderson at the Hwaks or Ollie Wines at Port? You have used selections to suit your case. Choose players on merit and Macrae has been the best Dogs listed player for the last two weeks.

Precisely. There would be no Rising Star Award if we took the attitude of not playing young players to the extreme.

The caveat is they must be strong and fit enough to handle the hits and the endurance required.

SlimPickens
16-04-2013, 05:20 PM

GWS and Gold Coast wouldnt have been able to field a side over the last few years!
If a player is ready then play him. McCrae looks so assured with the footy and Stringer is a beast, these guys are ready and should get games on the merit of their Williamstown form. Not held back because they're young.

LostDoggy
16-04-2013, 05:26 PM

Totally valid point and the argument could be made that Stringer is more Wines in mould than Crozier. All of them come along differently but I would add the real concerns that I share with others around his current fitness and the massive variance in the amount of running required at both levels. To use another analogy, we've got a cracking colt who could win a Melbourne Cup and I wouldn't want to break him trying to win the VRC Derby.

I just don't see the rush and I think Melbourne are breaking players poorly by rushing them in when they clearly aren't ready where Geelong and others are very good at playing it case by case.

Believe me, If they do play him I'll trust the match committee and yell as loud as anyone when he comes on. Total man-crush since the williamstown game.

stefoid
16-04-2013, 05:44 PM
With the new injury news, I think the ins and outs practically write itself.

out: Higgins, Dicko, Campbell, Wood. Obviously with the injury news these are no brainers, and thats probably enough for one round.

in: JJ, Cordy, Boyd

The only question is who is the forward to come in for Dicko? Its out of Vez and Grant I reckon, as Stringer and Williams are still underdone and could do with a few more weeks at Willi.

Id give the nod to Vezpremi at this stage. Both him and Grant should be training the house down this week, you would think.

bornadog
16-04-2013, 05:46 PM
With the new injury news, I think the ins and outs practically write itself.

out: Higgins, Dicko, Campbell, Wood. Obviously with the injury news these are no brainers, and thats probably enough for one round.

in: JJ, Cordy, Boyd

The only question is who is the forward to come in for Dicko? Its out of Vez and Grant I reckon, as Stringer and Williams are still underdone and could do with a few more weeks at Willi.

Id give the nod to Vezpremi at this stage. Both him and Grant should be training the house down this week, you would think.

I Prefer Grant over Vez. Grant is proven at AFL level and is more the future than Vez who is lucky to be on the list.

LostDoggy
16-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Out: Higgins (injured), Dickson (injured), Wood (injured), Campbell (omitted)
In: Cordy (only if 100%), JJ (only if 100%), Boyd (only if 100%), Mcrae (sub)

I think we need to make sure we don't play anymore underdone players - the upside is not worth the downside - losing a player early in the game and then for a number of week which then further exposes our depth. Therefore no consideration this week for Wiiliams and Stringer (although both definitely on radar for week after).

If Boyd is not ready give an opportunity to Tutt who looked good at Wili - albeit in a 100+ point winning side

I would favour a move of Smith in to middle to start - give him a full game from start rather than green vest him.

Consider moving Picken forward, either as a tag on a running backman or just to create contest and forward pressure which has been poor since Brisbane, Wallis to a back flank to get some touch back - I believe he played this position at TAC level. Boyd replace Wallis in middle.

Macrae gives flex as the sub to either inject pace and creativity into foward line (preferred) or middle if we are stuggling to break lines and hit targets forward (quite likely) after half time. I wouldn't be waiting too long to pull the trigger on sub if we are struggling early in third quarter.

Mofra
16-04-2013, 06:10 PM
I thought he was talking about Stringer - he's clearly not ready, needs to work on his cardio/match fitness. I'd love to see him in the seniors but he can't be rushed.

Macrae is on the opposite end of the scale for me - uninterrupted pre-season, worked hard on all aspects of his game, played in the NAB challenge and in the bests at VFL level.
I'd have him in this week in a heartbeat - being interstate and travelling with the guys and being part of the build up in preparing for a senior AFL game can't hurt him either.

Ghost Dog
16-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Well we gave Jong, and Skinner a go in the firsts, even when they didn't really earn it; more or less to have a look at what they offered. Macrae has offered more than either of these so far. He kicks goals! But if he does a Patton in Adelaide, it's going to really hurt the morale of the club. Because he is extra good, I hope we think carefully about this one.

LostDoggy
16-04-2013, 07:36 PM
I thought he was talking about Stringer - he's clearly not ready, needs to work on his cardio/match fitness. I'd love to see him in the seniors but he can't be rushed.

Macrae is on the opposite end of the scale for me - uninterrupted pre-season, worked hard on all aspects of his game, played in the NAB challenge and in the bests at VFL level.
I'd have him in this week in a heartbeat - being interstate and travelling with the guys and being part of the build up in preparing for a senior AFL game can't hurt him either.

Was talking about Stringer yes and no match fitness yes. His legs were cooked by the end at Willy and he needed constant rotation.

I'm like you and the many; let's get Macrae out there.

wimberga
16-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Just on Macrae - I am happy for us to unveil him in the coming weeks but I really want to re-iterate that I dont want him to be the sub.

Whilst I agree he may not be able to run out the game, please please please have him play from the start. I really dont like when players debut via the subs vest. it can be harder for them to get involved, hurt there confidence and ultimately they spend 3/4 of the game sitting on the pine doing nothing. If we are worried about fitness or whatever, please just start him and sub him off later if required.

anyone agree?

Ghost Dog
16-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Just on Macrae - I am happy for us to unveil him in the coming weeks but I really want to re-iterate that I dont want him to be the sub.

Whilst I agree he may not be able to run out the game, please please please have him play from the start. I really dont like when players debut via the subs vest. it can be harder for them to get involved, hurt there confidence and ultimately they spend 3/4 of the game sitting on the pine doing nothing. If we are worried about fitness or whatever, please just start him and sub him off later if required.

anyone agree?

I don't know. But do not let the pressure of our recent capitulations put at risk our younger players. If they are ready, let them play. But we just saw how rushing it worked out for Easton Wood. I'd say the theory is, let the new guy be the sub, when the sting is out of the game.

bornadog
17-04-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't know. But do not let the pressure of our recent capitulations put at risk our younger players. If they are ready, let them play. But we just saw how rushing it worked out for Easton Wood. I'd say the theory is, let the new guy be the sub, when the sting is out of the game.

I would like to see Macrae play a full game and Stringer the sub or subbed out. I know he isn't the perfect sub but I am also worried about him playing a full game.

The Pie Man
17-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Just seen the club's twitter feed update with a Macca presser :

Sounds like Williams will be given another week in the VFL - which I can understand.
Stringer & Macrae* in the mix
Boyd to train tomorrow, call made following that.

*Macrae you'd think is a cert

G-Mo77
17-04-2013, 01:11 PM
*Macrae you'd think is a cert

I think so as well. Considering he played all? or most? pre-season games he'd certainly be one of the favourites to come in. We need a bit of polish so he'd be a welcome addition.

DragzLS1
17-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Would like to see Macrae get a game and I agree, not as a sub. Throw him into the mix, get him a few touches to get his confidence up and if he runs out of legs in teh 3rd qtr then sub him out.. Would like to see Grant play this week aswell, has the speed, has the height and has a few trick.. Just needs to apply himself and to be given some confidence.

Mofra
17-04-2013, 01:58 PM

anyone agree?
Clay Smith started in his first game, played mostly in the centre and played well for 3 quarters before fatugue set in so a precedent is there for starting a debutant in the 21.
Jong started on the ground too didn't he? Roberts did as well although it's a little different as a young tall.

In any case if Stringer plays I imagine he'd be the sub anyway.

Mantis
17-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Would like to see Macrae get a game and I agree, not as a sub. Throw him into the mix, get him a few touches to get his confidence up and if he runs out of legs in the 3rd qtr then sub him out.. Would like to see Grant play this week aswell, has the speed, has the height and has a few trick.. Just needs to apply himself and to be given some confidence.

But what happens if we get an injury early in the game (like Wood last week) and our sub has already been activated?

Look I'm all for getting games into our young guys, but we need to be careful in how we introduce them into the team.

Bulldog Joe
17-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Are we so conditioned to things going wrong that we dare not dream.

Let Stringer and Macrae play. Just need to rest them as required.

I know people are considering it as being realistic when we look to hold them back.

"Realism is the most commonly trod path to Mediocrity" (Will Smith)

always right
17-04-2013, 04:17 PM
]"Realism is the most commonly trod path to Mediocrity" (Will Smith)[/B]

Did he say that in Independence Day or Men in Black?

soupman
17-04-2013, 04:40 PM

I think it was in hitch :)

The Underdog
17-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I think it was in hitch :)

I thought Hitch was the path to mediocrity.

Bulldog Joe
17-04-2013, 05:21 PM

I saw it in an interview.

bornadog
17-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Teenagers press for selection (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-04-17/teenagers-press-for-selection)

An increased depth on the Western Bulldogs list this season has Senior Coach Brendan McCartney confident the team can cover their injury losses against Adelaide on Sunday.

While senior opportunities have emerged through injury, McCartney said a number of Bulldogs listed players have been knocking down the door at VFL affiliate Williamstown for their AFL chance.

“We are confident we have got more depth on our list this year,” McCartney said.

“Our VFL team boys played really well on Saturday [and] played the right brand of footy.”

“[They] all had a terrific impact on the game, so the ones that we do bring in from the VFL are in good form.”

“[It’s] highly likely we will get our captain [Matthew Boyd] back and Ayce [Cordy] will be right to go again.”

McCartney highlighted the performance of first round draftees Jack Macrae and Jake Stringer in Saturday’s VFL clash, and said they were firmly in the mix to make their senior debut this weekend.

“Opportunities present for people and hopefully they will take them,” he said.

“Two of our early picks played really well at Williamstown, so that puts them in the mix obviously, because we envisage four or maybe five changes.

“They both played very well, they are high talent, very early in their career – one of them in particular hasn’t been able to train much because of an ankle injury, so he’s just getting his body accustomed to footy and did an extraordinary job on Saturday.”

After playing his first competitive game in 2013 for Williamstown on the weekend, Tom Williams will remain in the VFL for a second consecutive week to regain touch.

“Probably a week short, [he] played well, [and] needed the game,” he said.

“It was his first game for the year, so to be fair to Tom [we’ll give him] another week to get ready.”

Ghost Dog
17-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Are we so conditioned to things going wrong that we dare not dream.

Let Stringer and Macrae play. Just need to rest them as required.

I know people are considering it as being realistic when we look to hold them back.

"Realism is the most commonly trod path to Mediocrity" (Will Smith)

Macrae yes, but Stringer was blowing like a steam train in the VFL.

wimberga
17-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Macrae yes, but Stringer was blowing like a steam train in the VFL.

Stringer was definitely blowing hard form what I saw.

If the coaches think he can play out at least 3/4 of the game then I'm happy to back them in to play him. If they think its less than that, I would prefer they don't play him at all vs playing him as the sub. Ditto for Macrae though from all I have seen he is capable of running out a game.

Wallis or Smith are good options as sub IMO if we choose to play both Stringer & Macrae this week.

Whenever they do debut, I am really really excited to see what they can do for us in the big league. And judging from all known about Stringer to date, he knows he belongs there.

BulldogBelle
17-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Just play Stringer. Just play him. Let us give into this sweet, sweet temptation.

Bring in Tutt as a combo and inform him that his job is to do all of the running required by Stringer as Stringer demands it.

boydogs
17-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Just play Stringer. Just play him. Let us give into this sweet, sweet temptation.

Bring in Tutt as a combo and inform him that his job is to do all of the running required by Stringer as Stringer demands it.

Lol, give the man a runner, cricket style! :D

jeemak
18-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Stringer's no doubt up to the standard talent wise, unfortunately for mine he's in a prime position to find himself injured with a calf strain or other soft tissue injury.

As others have alluded to, the game at the elite level isn't the same as is at the secondary level, and a reasonably savvy defender who would have seen his exploits in the VFL would know that he's barely fit enough to run out a reserves grade game without risking injury as it is, and they'd run him all over the park.

It's also worth noting that many of the medium sized defenders in the AFL, whilst not having the same size as Stringer probably have the same, if not greater, core strength as well as the mobility/fitness to go with him. They probably won't in the future, after a preseason or two.

Maybe we play him as a sub, with the mind to have him come off a little after half time. Though as soon as we find ourselves with an early injury (maybe to a returning captain that isn't quite ready to go yet) we've placed him at risk. That's too much for me after watching him on TV at Williamstown last week.

Happy for MacRae to take his place, either as the sub or starting on the ground. Many think starting first gamers as the sub isn't the right way to go, and think they should be on the ground straight away to help them get into it early. I've not seen any data to suggest this is the best way to go, and my gut tells me it doesn't really matter one way or another..

Remi Moses
18-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Agree ^^ Big risk in particular early in the season.
Let the young bloke get a fitness base first.
No Hurry folks

bornadog
18-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Agree ^^ Big risk in particular early in the season.
Let the young bloke get a fitness base first.
No Hurry folks

Pre-season is the time to get a fitness base.

LongWait
18-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Pre-season is the time to get a fitness base.

Stringer will take several years yet to build his optimal fitness base...and it won't all be done in pre-season.

Ghost Dog
18-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I would rather we lose every game for the rest of the season than have him do a serious injury.

Maddog37
18-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I still get edgy when Stringer goes for a ground ball and people dive across or into his legs. I think he is still a touch hesitant too in that situation.

My brain says he is not fit enough and that he needs at leat another week or two in the VFL but another part of me (not sure which part) says he is a freak and will make an impact regardless of all the reasons why he shouldn't be able to.

I would not like to be the one to tell him he is not getting a game!!

whythelongface
18-04-2013, 03:37 PM
I would rather we lose every game for the rest of the season than have him do a serious injury.

So do you not play him because he is at risk of injury? When is the optimum time for him to make his debut? Does it matter if it is Round 4, 2013 or Round 1, 2014 in terms of potential injury.

bornadog
18-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Stringer will take several years yet to build his optimal fitness base...and it won't all be done in pre-season.

true

Bulldog Joe
18-04-2013, 04:10 PM
So do you not play him because he is at risk of injury? When is the optimum time for him to make his debut? Does it matter if it is Round 4, 2013 or Round 1, 2014 in terms of potential injury.

Absolutely spot on.

If we can't play someone because there is a risk they will get injured, we can't ever play anyone.

Just get him in and let him play!!!!

Cyberdoggie
18-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure that his fitness has that much more impact on him being more likely to have an injury than if he was playing at Willy.

I believe he was cramping in the Williamstown game, which is what you get when you body suffers from fatigue. Tearing a calf or groin muscle is completely different and usually from an exaggerated action or wear and tear.

Stringer may blow up or cramp from exhaustion if he makes his debut but he's no more likely than any of our other players to tear a muscle. He's not unfit, he's just not uber fit.

Happy Days
18-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Buzz on twitter is that Stringer looks likely to debut

G-Mo77
18-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Buzz on twitter is that Stringer looks likely to debut

Was just about to post that as well. Fingers crossed.

Pedro Sanchez
18-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Get him in I say. Gee what have we got to lose. On the job training is always the best. Give him a taste and get him hungry. We need something to spark us and his inclusion, along with macrae, might just be the tonic.

LostDoggy
18-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Stringer and Macrae both in the squad
i think it was 7 in (including the extended)
Stringer, Macrae, JJ, Cordy, Boyd, Marko, Tutt.
Don't think i say Vez which might be bad news for him.

Stringer named on the field, he's playing

Happy Days
18-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Murphy out

Greystache
18-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Official Squad

In- Boyd, Markovic, Cordy, Tutt, Howard, Stringer, JJ, MaCrae
Out- Murphy (calf), Higgins, Wood, Campbell, Dickson

G-Mo77
18-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Stringer and Macrae both in the squad
i think it was 7 in (including the extended)
Stringer, Macrae, JJ, Cordy, Boyd, Marko, Tutt.
Don't think i say Vez which might be bad news for him.

Stringer named on the field, he's playing

Stringer named on the bench

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7403/bihsqw8cmaa5e67jpglarge.jpg

Happy Days
18-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Rapt that despite 4 players out with injury they still dropped Campbell.

LostDoggy
18-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Stringer named on the bench

My bad, was going from 7 news. Both the news and that post say he's playing though, not just a chance.
Expect to see Smith dropped as well if that's the case. Mitch, Cross, Stringer and Lib from the bench seems clear

Concerning that Howard gets a spot on the reserves. He was just terrible in the 2s while Vez was almost BOG and doesn't even get close

Greystache
18-04-2013, 07:32 PM
You'd expect to see Smith, Howard, and Markovic to be cut from the final squad based on that bench. Surprising Tutt is back this week.

comrade
18-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Good to see some running ability added with Tutt & Macrae included.

G-Mo77
18-04-2013, 07:48 PM
You'd expect to see Smith, Howard, and Markovic to be cut from the final squad based on that bench. Surprising Tutt is back this week.

Yeah think so as well. Stringer sub?

lemmon
18-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Good to see some running ability added with Tutt & Macrae included.

Agree, I like it. Looks like the MC have recognized it as a concern and brought in players to address that

Remi Moses
18-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Congrats to young Macrae, well deserved.
Tutt's a good in for mine.
Little disappointed for Vez, as I thought he worked hard and played well last week.
Good to have the capt back, but going to miss Bob Murphy.
Mixed feelings with Jake as I'm worried about his match conditioning.
Very young side

LostDoggy
18-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Congrats to young Macrae, well deserved.
Tutt's a good in for mine.
Little disappointed for Vez, as I thought he worked hard and played well last week.
Good to have the capt back, but going to miss Bob Murphy.
Mixed feelings with Jake as I'm worried about his match conditioning.
Very young side

I have a feeling that Stringer wont make the final squad though. I reckon they would like him to play a few more at Williamstn.

Greystache
18-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Yeah think so as well. Stringer sub?

I'd think so based on that bench. Probably not a bad thing so long as we don't get an early injury, let him come on when the players are starting to tire a bit.

Eastdog
18-04-2013, 08:05 PM
I'd think so based on that bench. Probably not a bad thing so long as we don't get an early injury, let him come on when the players are starting to tire a bit.

Where do you reckon Stringer will start on Sunday? In the forward line I'm guessing.

The Underdog
18-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Where do you reckon Stringer will start on Sunday? In the forward line I'm guessing.

I'd say it's probably one of him or Smith for the last spot. Can't see Marko or Howard in the team. He'd have to play forward. He'd blow up in no time in the midfield.

We're going to have a tough time kicking goals.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Get the feeling Srringer will play judging by consensus on twitter. Also Willy have named a number of forwards for this week

LostDoggy
18-04-2013, 08:15 PM

Full forward.....at Burbank. Hope they have a long chat with Doc before they stick him on that plane.

Cyberdoggie
18-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Maybe there was a reason libba didn't play a good game last week?

Cyberdoggie
18-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Concerning that Howard gets a spot on the reserves. He was just terrible in the 2s while Vez was almost BOG and doesn't even get close

Yeah that doesn't make sense.

Eastdog
18-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Are we any change against Adelaide over there? By the number of injuries we have and a side looking very young it looks like will struggle a lot.

G-Mo77
18-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Maybe there was a reason libba didn't play a good game last week?

Yes there is a reason. I put him into my Supercoach team.

wimberga
18-04-2013, 08:40 PM
IMO, if they aren't going to play Stringer, then they wouldn't name him. It just doesn't make any sense.

The only reason he wont play from now is if he is any danger of furthering an injury by playing. Definitely think he will start on the field but likely be subbed off.

Cannot see us winning this one but very much looking forward to seeing how we perform after last week.

bulldogsman
18-04-2013, 08:59 PM
This says Stringer will debut. Also Murph out for 3 weeks :mad:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-04-18/boyd-returns-murphy-out-and-debutant-likely

Ghost Dog
18-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Far out. Gets worse

F'scary
18-04-2013, 10:12 PM
The man! The man!

Bulldog Joe
18-04-2013, 10:21 PM
I'd say it's probably one of him or Smith for the last spot. Can't see Marko or Howard in the team. He'd have to play forward. He'd blow up in no time in the midfield.

We're going to have a tough time kicking goals.

From the extended bench only Marko, Howard, Smith and Stringer are named at Willi

LostDoggy
18-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Apart from the fact Hrovat tweeted good luck congrats to jackson and jake on twitter, with Murph Dickson and Higgins out from forwards, I'd say it's a full blown conclusion reading between the lines.

The bulldog tragician
18-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Murph's injury is a concern. Even though he didn't have a good match on Sunday he makes our forward line look so much better. Three weeks..we will really miss him.

I wish Stringer was debuting at home. After all the buzz, it's always exciting to be able to say you were there when a new talent emerges.

Mantis
18-04-2013, 10:33 PM
We lose 4 forwards and bring only 1 in (maybe 2 if Stringer plays)... Doesn't make sense, and shows where Grant & Vez sit in the MC's eyes.

The Adelaide Connection
18-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Murph's injury is a concern. Even though he didn't have a good match on Sunday he makes our forward line look so much better. Three weeks..we will really miss him.

I wish Stringer was debuting at home. After all the buzz, it's always exciting to be able to say you were there when a new talent emerges.

It doesn't come round often, but I am looking forward to it! :D

bornadog
18-04-2013, 11:29 PM
We lose 4 forwards and bring only 1 in (maybe 2 if Stringer plays)... Doesn't make sense, and shows where Grant & Vez sit in the MC's eyes.

I thought Grant should have come in he was very creative last week at Willi and his forward pressure was also pretty good.

jeemak
19-04-2013, 12:29 AM

Vesz still needs to demonstrate his fitness just as much as anyone else, he'll get his turn if he plays well over the coming weeks. As will Grant.

Replacing forwards with forwards like for like isn't necessarily going to make us competitive, though bolstering other areas of the ground with a different mix of players and a different strategy might.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-04-2013, 12:41 AM
My issue with Stringer being the sub is that it doesn't really help him build on what he lacks: fitness/match conditioning. On the flip side, I don't see how he'd be able to run out three quarters which leaves him vulnerable to soft tissue injuries.

If he plays, then I hope he starts. Not a fan of young kids having to debut as a sub.

jeemak
19-04-2013, 12:58 AM
My issue with Stringer being the sub is that it doesn't really help him build on what he lacks: fitness/match conditioning. On the flip side, I don't see how he'd be able to run out three quarters which leaves him vulnerable to soft tissue injuries.

If he plays, then I hope he starts. Not a fan of young kids having to debut as a sub.

I couldn't really care if new kids start as the sub, though I think it's important that Stringer starts on as I prefer to have run come off the bench later in the game.

If we get an injury early on we'll be very much stretched, and if in this case Stringer starts on we'll be exposing him over a full game.

Good luck to him, and all the newly elevated players this weekend!

Mantis
19-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Replacing forwards with forwards like for like isn't necessarily going to make us competitive, though bolstering other areas of the ground with a different mix of players and a different strategy might.

I'm not talking about replacing like for like I'm talking about selecting players with natural forward instincts.

Agree that we need to bolster other areas (midfield run), but I'm struggling to see how that team is going to kick more than 8 goals.

soupman
19-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm not talking about replacing like for like I'm talking about selecting players with natural forward instincts.

Agree that we need to bolster other areas (midfield run), but I'm struggling to see how that team is going to kick more than 8 goals.

I believe Tutt is listed as having played half forward on the weekend so he is one inclusion, Stringer the only obvious goalkicking player in and I reckon Boyd and Griffen will rotate through there as well (although I acknowledge neither is much of a goalkicker). Big reliance on a couple of midfielders to snag a few goals, would need a handful from the likes of Boyd, Griffen, Cooney and Macrae.

Mofra
19-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Might be a bit of a wake up call for him too - first hand experience on just how hard senior AFL guys run.

Murphy'sLore
19-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Murphy out for three weeks! Far out. :(

I'll have my heart in my mouth watching Macrae and Stringer run on. I'm half excited and half trepidacious.

Mantis
19-04-2013, 03:48 PM
I believe Tutt is listed as having played half forward on the weekend so he is one inclusion, Stringer the only obvious goalkicking player in and I reckon Boyd and Griffen will rotate through there as well (although I acknowledge neither is much of a goalkicker). Big reliance on a couple of midfielders to snag a few goals, would need a handful from the likes of Boyd, Griffen, Cooney and Macrae.

I don't see Tutt adding a heap to our goal-kicking prospects, especially if played as a forward... As with you I hope the mids can help out, but we aren't a team overly populated by these types.

Let's hope it's a low scoring affair.

soupman
19-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't see Tutt adding a heap to our goal-kicking prospects, especially if played as a forward... As with you I hope the mids can help out, but we aren't a team overly populated by these types.

Let's hope it's a low scoring affair.

Tutt was more a reference to bringing someone in to play forward, as he has only once shown he is capable of kicking multiple goals.

Can't afford for Dahlhaus and Giansiracusa to go missing like they did last week now.

LostDoggy
19-04-2013, 04:11 PM
What would you pay for Stringers signed, match worn debut jumper? The debut jumper of a future superstar?

They should get it on AFL auctions if Stringer doesn't want to hang onto it.

Priceless......

Mantis
19-04-2013, 05:41 PM
What would you pay for Stringers signed, match worn debut jumper? The debut jumper of a future superstar?

They should get it on AFL auctions if Stringer doesn't want to hang onto it.

Priceless......

No pressure on the boy... None whatsoever. :D

bornadog
19-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Final Team

In: Boyd, Cordy, Tutt, Stringer, Johannisen, Macrae.

Out: Murphy, Higgins, Wood, Campbell, Smith, Dickson.

LostDoggy
19-04-2013, 07:08 PM

If he can't cope with the pressure he shouldn't be so darn good

Maddog37
19-04-2013, 07:09 PM

The kid acts, walks, talks and plays like a star. Let us dream a little. It would be nice to have a genuine superstar on our hands. Two or three(Macrae and Hrovat) would be even better:D

No pressure though most assuredly:D

Remi Moses
19-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Good luck Jake.