PDA

View Full Version : Buying Tickets for away games when the Bulldogs are playing at Etihad or the MCG

Eastdog
16-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I was wondering what you need to do for that. When you buy a ticket do you reserve a seat on Level 3 GA. Could for away games can you stand in standing room behind the cheer squad on Level 1.

G-Mo77
16-04-2013, 07:02 PM
You can sit anywhere on Level 3 if you like or stand anywhere on Level 1.

Only ticketed games you have to have a seat for which are usually for the bigger clubs like Essendon and Collingwood.

Eastdog
16-04-2013, 07:23 PM
You can sit anywhere on Level 3 if you like or stand anywhere on Level 1.

Only ticketed games you have to have a seat for which are usually for the bigger clubs like Essendon and Collingwood.

Thanks for that clarification G-Mo77. What's the ticketing like say for an away game at the MCG.

bornadog
16-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks for that clarification G-Mo77. What's the ticketing like say for an away game at the MCG.

Its a big ground with plenty of seating, no need to book or reserve a seat. You can even buy tickets at the ground.

I saw lots of people lining up and buying tickets at Eithad on Sunday and I felt like going up to them and asking why they didn't have a membership (those in bulldogs colours of course :D )

Eastdog
17-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Its a big ground with plenty of seating, no need to book or reserve a seat. You can even buy tickets at the ground.

I saw lots of people lining up and buying tickets at Eithad on Sunday and I felt like going up to them and asking why they didn't have a membership (those in bulldogs colours of course :D )

Well I've got a home game silver membership so no need for GA for home games.

LostDoggy
17-04-2013, 01:11 PM

I feel like doing the same thing bornadog. I suppose I've always been a member as it's not only convenient, but makes financial sense (if you can attend most games) and also supports the club. Four game memberships are also an option if you can only attend a few games per season.

LostDoggy
17-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Perhaps the club should get some staff near the queues, handing out membership flyers.

LostDoggy
17-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Perhaps the club should get some staff near the queues, handing out membership flyers.

Great idea BornAScragger. :)

Eastdog
17-04-2013, 04:55 PM

Very good idea.

Greystache
17-04-2013, 05:21 PM

You'd want to be careful about potentially taking revenue away from Etihad Stadium, they may send out the goons.

http://mcgarnagle.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/vlcsnap-00073.jpg

bornadog
17-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Well I've got a home game silver membership so no need for GA for home games.

I am talking away games

Eastdog
17-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I am talking away games

How does it work for people who have a home and away membership?

bornadog
17-04-2013, 05:31 PM
How does it work for people who have a home and away membership?

For away games you sit in the general areas allocated to the public, usually level 3. There are areas on level 3 that are also reserved.

LostDoggy
19-04-2013, 08:34 PM
For the game against the tigers, I got there early enough to get a seat behind the goals on level 1 for the price of a GA ticket.

Eastdog
13-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Is there GA seating on Level 1 at Etihad and the MCG or is it just Level 3. How much does a GA ticket generally cost?

EasternWest
13-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Is there GA seating on Level 1 at Etihad and the MCG or is it just Level 3. How much does a GA ticket generally cost?

You can just Google stuff like this.

azabob
13-05-2013, 07:16 PM
You can just Google stuff like this.

I thought this was google? :eek::eek:

Eastdog
09-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Might be a silly question but for tomorrow's game against Carlton where away obviously I was wondering where you go to get the tickets at Etihad.

azabob
09-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Might be a silly question but for tomorrow's game against Carlton where away obviously I was wondering where you go to get the tickets at Etihad.

ED for tomorrow's game your best off buying online tonight. Or at the ground I think it's outside gate 3.

SlimPickens
10-08-2013, 01:37 AM

Ticket boxes at gates 1,2,3,5 and 7.

Gate 2 and 3 are generally the busiest gates. You'll be fine to get tickets at the gate tomorrow

Eastdog
10-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Ticket boxes at gates 1,2,3,5 and 7.

Gate 2 and 3 are generally the busiest gates. You'll be fine to get tickets at the gate tomorrow

Thanks for that SP.