PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Office - Jack Macrae Player Review (Rd4)

bornadog
23-04-2013, 11:08 PM
FCepYt56lDg

bornadog
23-04-2013, 11:11 PM
I love watching and listening to these each week. Ash Hansen is very impressive.

Ghost Dog
23-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Ash Hansen is a great speaker.

ledge
24-04-2013, 01:08 AM
I think jack was very impressive

LostDoggy
24-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Ash Hansen is a great speaker.

Not a bad effort to talk for 2 minutes 12 seconds without a full stop in sight. :D

hotdog
24-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Really like what I see with young Jack Macrae. Certainly looks classy. Anyone see a bit of Leon Cameron in this kid?

firstdogonthemoon
24-04-2013, 04:37 PM
It is nice to see us getting the media stuff right! I haven't watched this before, will do so more often.

Also how good is it to see him just stepping around the crows like that.

bornadog
24-04-2013, 05:20 PM
It is nice to see us getting the media stuff right! I haven't watched this before, will do so more often.

Also how good is it to see him just stepping around the crows like that.

Love the way he burnt off Sloane.

Dancin' Douggy
24-04-2013, 10:26 PM
He looks like he'll build up pretty well too.
Broad shoulders and 188cm.
Loved that kick to Stringer.

Rocket Science
24-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Really like what I see with young Jack Macrae. Certainly looks classy. Anyone see a bit of Leon Cameron in this kid?

Echos of a young James Hird for mine ... sans jungle juice.

jeemak
25-04-2013, 12:21 AM
His step is going to make many a footballer look silly. I can't wait to see him develop.

Go_Dogs
25-04-2013, 09:36 AM
His step is going to make many a footballer look silly. I can't wait to see him develop.

Agreed, just has time and smarts, something we lack. He's going to be a ripper.

Ash Hansen is very impressive, I'm so glad we got him.

Maddog37
25-04-2013, 10:54 AM

That step is a classic. Players will know he is going to do it but by the time they realise he is doing it he will have already done it!

LostDoggy
25-04-2013, 12:49 PM
It was a pity that the players didn't show team spirit and congratulte Jack when he scored his goal in AFL last Sunday ....... like Adelaide did when their first gamer scored in the last quarter.

It was a ripper goal and, whilst the team were probably dispirited by the state of the game, more players should have made an effort to celebrate the moment with him.

w3design
25-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Now you come to mention it. Would love to see him become as twin sided as Leon was. He made it hard to tell sometimes which was his natural foot, he was just that good. If Jac Mac can master that skill along with his existing talents set, he could be unstoppable.

The Pie Man
25-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Beacon in the gloom that was last week. He was very impressive. Too early of course, but it seems we may have nailed our top 2 picks we were sweating on late last year.

Ash Hansen also impressive.

wimberga
25-04-2013, 03:22 PM
It was a pity that the players didn't show team spirit and congratulte Jack when he scored his goal in AFL last Sunday ....... like Adelaide did when their first gamer scored in the last quarter.

It was a ripper goal and, whilst the team were probably dispirited by the state of the game, more players should have made an effort to celebrate the moment with him.

Agree that I was a little surprised that more of our players didn't get over to him but somewhat understand they were disheartened.

Am sure they would have given him a bit of love in the rooms after the match and this week.

The bulldog tragician
25-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Agree that I was a little surprised that more of our players didn't get over to him but somewhat understand they were disheartened.

Am sure they would have given him a bit of love in the rooms after the match and this week.

I was also surprised that when he came to the bench after that goal and sat beside Gia and ( I think) Griff, not a word seemed to be exchanged by either of the senior players to him. It's a role Gia is normally terrific at, consoling and congratulating others. Hope it was just the way it looked in the few seconds of tv footage.

LostDoggy
26-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Geez he's (Macrae) has bulked up and matured in the body and face. On draft day he looked like he'd just won first prize at the Victorian Secondary Schools Applied Science Fair.

Bulldog4life
26-04-2013, 01:47 PM

Yes hotdog. Thought so too.

Greystache
26-04-2013, 01:54 PM

I see quite a bit of Robert Murphy in him, seems to never be off balance and just has time with the ball in his hands even when in a congested situation.

lemmon
26-04-2013, 01:58 PM
I see quite a bit of Robert Murphy in him, seems to never be off balance and just has time with the ball in his hands even when in a congested situation.

Doesn't have that acceleration Bob has, I see the Pendlebury similarities, just the way he makes space and time with that step