PDA

View Full Version : Bob Murphy writes about getting near the end

The bulldog tragician
25-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Very moving article from Bob in today's Age about starting to realise every injury could be the end. Particularly poignant when you think of his great mate Gia struggling for form and fitness and what Higgins and Williams have been through.

It makes me wonder if Bob 's injury is more serious than we know, but maybe I'm reading too much into its melancholy tone.

Very few players go out on top..as Bob says most have to get told, yet they all want to play forever.

Eastdog
25-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Very moving article from Bob in today's Age about starting to realise every injury could be the end. Particularly poignant when you think of his great mate Gia struggling for form and fitness and what Higgins and Williams have been through.

It makes me wonder if Bob 's injury is more serious than we know, but maybe I'm reading too much into its melancholy tone.

Very few players go out on top..as Bob says most have to get told, yet they all want to play forever.

Murph is the kind that won't go out that easily and he'll want to play as much as he can. His a true Bulldog through and through.