PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 5

GVGjr
27-04-2013, 11:27 PM
This is the round 5 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread.
Please post your nominations for:

The Bankers= 3 guys that we banked on to do the right thing during the game

The Anchors= 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

Rance Fan
27-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Bankers

Minson-dominated
Jones- arriving!
Cross - warrior

Anchors
Umpiring - poor!
Vez - not up to it

westdog54
27-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Bankers

Jones. Getting closer and closer to the Promised land. Attack on the ball was extraordinary tonight.
JJ. Loves the way he creates the play and takes the game on.
Young. Throws his heart and soul into every individual contest.

Anchors

Vez. Needs to do more if he wants to keep his spot.
Tutt. Endeavour is certainly there but decision making was flat out awful at times.
Purely for an ill-disciplined act, Goodes. We'll miss him dearly in defence next week.

westbulldog
27-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Bankers
Johannisen - very good tonight and will get better.
Jones - anything is possible in his future.
Cooney - back to his best.

Honourable mentions - Clay Smith, Tom Young and Jake Stringer.

Anchors
Veszpremi - should not have been selected and that was borne out.
Umpiring - Mackie kicks it out on the full in the first quarter and gets a free kick for it.

F'scary
27-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Bankers:

1, 2 & 3: The Coach & the Match Committee for pulling some great moves this week. Moving Roughead into the 2nd Ruck/forward pocket and making do with a less talented player (Austin) in the predominantly negative defence role is a great switch. The forward line looked so much more threatening with Roughead periodically down there. Playing Stringer all match as a key position forward instead of getting into the BS kids glove treatment of a young star was fantastic too. Also playing Picken a bit further up the field was a winner with me - he's the sort of player who knows how to get loose on the wing when its appropriate and I think we have been missing him in that sort of role which he has excelled at in previous seasons.

Anchors: Sorry but when Goodes short passes he is becoming a bit of a turnover merchant - needs to kick it long more.

always right
28-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Bankers:
Loved the Jones/Stringer double act. Looked dangerous whenver we went forward.
Huge second half from Smith. Provided a real spark. Loved Lower's effort on Selwood as well.
Big Will and Libba forming a great combination.

Anchors:
That umpiring performance in the first half was as bad as I've seen.
Was disappointed in Vez. He deserved his shot but he let himself down. Reckon he'll get one more week that will decide his future.
Tutt....actually I really liked his game and he should stay in...but finish your work son.
The turnout of bulldogs supporters was nothing short of pathetic.

boydogs
28-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Bankers:
Cross - was everywhere & did it all. Plenty of the ball but also desperate dives and spoils
Boyd - plenty of the ball, was a bit better with his kicking tonight, didn't try to spear as many
Jones - great to see him lead up the ground and attack the footy, the results followed

Anchors:
Goodes - looked slow, showed poise but failed to execute too often, and that bad habit of lifting his elbow in his bumps could cost him weeks
Veszpremi - couldn't get near it
Tutt - too many errors

Remi Moses
28-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Bankers- Cross he was superb
Boyd - good game for the capt
Jones - we know he's a great mark, but his getting better with his 2nd and 3rd efforts.
Johanssien - just love his run and carry ( we need more of it)
Picken - great contested marks tonight

Anchors- Vez - big chance tonight and he didn't take it
Goodes- decision making and execution has to improve

bornadog
28-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Cooney - back to his best.

Went missing for three quarters then suddenly appeared in the last. Very disappointed with that.

westbulldog
28-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Went missing for three quarters then suddenly appeared in the last. Very disappointed with that.

he did more than appear imo

and from the afl website........
BEST
Western Bulldogs: Boyd, Jones, Picken, Minson, Cooney, Liberatore
Geelong: Johnson, Taylor, Kelly, Enright, Selwood, Motlop, Bartel

bornadog
28-04-2013, 01:17 AM
he did more than appear imo

and from the afl website........
BEST
Western Bulldogs: Boyd, Jones, Picken, Minson, Cooney, Liberatore
Geelong: Johnson, Taylor, Kelly, Enright, Selwood, Motlop, Bartel

Shows how much they know with Selwood in the bests. I thought Lower really curbed the sooks influence.

Ghost Dog
28-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Bankers - Jones in the air - Mitch and Libba for some outstanding work as underdogs in the midfield.
Special mention - Nick Lower for making sure Selwood had a horrid day.

Anchors - Back line running ability is a work in progress. Stagnated in the back half and couldn't get it up the ground in the 4th.
Belief - I think we gave Geelong too much respect and the body language at the start of the game didn't exude confidence. Injuries as an excuse cancel out on either side. We matched them in many areas around the ground. Encouraging

bornadog
28-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Bankers

* Jones - contested marking back and played his best game for us.

* Jj - great game and showed he can play this game.

* Stringers kicking - the goal from outside 50 went 60 metres and it was effortless.

Anchors

* Vez - not up to this level

* Roughead - had a shocker at fullback

* Goodes - very undisciplined and not a good game tonight. Too many turnovers resulting in goals

AndrewP6
28-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Bankers

Jones- exciting to watch.!
Stringer - as above, great future
Picken - worked his tail off
Honourable mention Cooney - he was electric when he got going.

Anchors
Umpiring - pathetic.
Vez - want him to do well, did bugger all.
Goodes - disposal and decision making really let him (and us) down.

Dishonourable mention to the faithful fans that didn't bother turning up. It was shocking being outnumbered at a home game.

SonofScray
28-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Bankers:

That Jones boy, that boy Jones. Really enjoying seeing him get results, much maligned but has kept plugging away and is now putting together some good games. 2nd bag of 4 for the season and is getting up around the 6 goal mark if things go his way.

Minson. Ruck/clearance work without a great deal of support was elite. He is a leader, beyond doubt. Could do more up the line as the outlet but his foot skills were solid tonight so he made himself of value.

Roughhead. Beaten, struggled for a good match up but plugged away and gave us some value in a role outside what he has recently been immersed in. I won't say he played well, but, he made the most of what was starting to look like a dirty day.

Anchors:

Umpiring. So good to be able to be critical of these charlatans again, we squandered chances but wowee did the Umps stunk it up tonight. 1 incorrect disposal decision all night, infuriating. Just made baffling decisions few of which were beneficial to us.

Selwood. Flog of a footballer, no respect for him at all. Brings the game into disrepute, his cynical exploitation of the rules should be enough to keep the champion tag off him. There'll be a day where his brains spill out his ears like cottage cheese after he ducks, or rams his head into an opponent. I'll watch the replay several times. Fair dinkum, everyone gets up the bloke's butt but all I see is a cheat, who in the same vein as Nick Riewoldt just expects the umpires to bend to his will. Its dangerous, sets a bad example and certainly isn't nearly as courageous as the media make out.

Cheap goals. We gave up too many on the goal line, or by letting the ball get goal side behind the contest. Thy are killers, undoes all the hard work to get to the contest.

always right
28-04-2013, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=AndrewP6;.

Dishonourable mention to the faithful fans that didn't bother turning up. It was shocking being outnumbered at a home game.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. No excuse.

jeemak
28-04-2013, 02:52 AM
Bankers:

Jones - Attacked the contest like a champion key forward attacks contests. If he can sustain it for four quarters he'll kick six goals

Picken - I'm a bit of a knocker of him, but today he showed me how a devoted footballer can use his limited attributes to affect the game positively. He was much safer with the ball today too

Young - Thought he was composed and dour all at the same time. I think we have a player with this guy

Anchors:

Umpiring - The first half was an absolute disgrace, I nearly walked out in disgust. If I can see it from the standing area on the wing of a football ground, I'm absolutely fruited how umpires can't see it from 20m away. Clear incompetence is such a horrible way to ruin a game of football

Decision making and execution - I won't name names, but there were times when we panicked and didn't use the ball as we should have which gave Geelong's runners a free passage into the forward line. We need to be smarter with how we manage the ball under pressure situations

Selwood - He's like the goody two shoes at school that never gets in trouble. I'd be OK with that however, the little shithead has a look of self-entitlement that I'd love to bash out of him given the chance. Spoiled brat of a footballer

G-Mo77
28-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Bankers

Jones. I've been patiently waiting and telling people to do the same. He's starting to put it together now. I feel like ringing that wanker Gary Lyon and making him eat his words!

JJ's game off half back really will probably go unnoticed due to the excitement our forward brought but he put together a terrific game last night.

Lower. I knew he'd get the job and do it well. Glad he made it a horrible night for Sooky Selwood.

Anchors

Our supporters are going to get a couple here.

Crowd was deplorable. We're at the bottom of the roller coaster and some of the best parts about the ride is the climb back to the top. Get to the ground and support our boys who will take us there.

This was actually a highlight for me as I laughed for ages after it. Tom Young runs the ball through the middle and our fans yell COOOOON. Our fans are virtually saying all redheads look alike. :D

Lastly those tossers in yellow. I thought I was watching a different code because apparently you can throw the ball now? My throat is paying for it this morning.

westdog54
28-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Bankers

Jones. I've been patiently waiting and telling people to do the same. He's starting to put it together now. I feel like ringing that wanker Gary Lyon and making him eat his words!

JJ's game off half back really will probably go unnoticed due to the excitement our forward brought but he put together a terrific game last night.

Lower. I knew he'd get the job and do it well. Glad he made it a horrible night for Sooky Selwood.

Anchors

Our supporters are going to get a couple here.

Crowd was deplorable. We're at the bottom of the roller coaster and some of the best parts about the ride is the climb back to the top. Get to the ground and support our boys who will take us there.

This was actually a highlight for me as I laughed for ages after it. Tom Young runs the ball through the middle and our fans yell COOOOON. Our fans are virtually saying all redheads look alike. :D

Lastly those tossers in yellow. I thought I was watching a different code because apparently you can throw the ball now? My throat is paying for it this morning.

I know the commentators definitely loved JJ's work last night, BT was very impressed with how he took them on.

Richo interviewed Jones in the rooms last night and he was paying tribute to Ash Hansen and Cam Mooney, giving them a lot of credit for his good form so far.

*sigh* our little boy has grown up into a man before our eyes...

Sedat
28-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Clay Smith played his best full game for the club today. Ball use by foot pleasently assured and safe, ran very hard outside to provide a target in space, defensive work in tight was manic, and read the drop of the ball well inside forward 50 and made himself dangerous there. Really happy with his game.

Tutt also worked his backside off both defensively and offensively. Should have nailed that goal late in the 3rd but he looks like a player who has listened to criticism of his game and has worked extremely hard to improve areas of obvious weakness. He even stodd under a high ball and didn't flinch with the oncoming traffic - you can tell this doesn't come naturally to him but he did it anyway.

Was nice to see key forwards who commanded the ball and had the confidence to provide a target.

Vesz just couldn't get near it. Had a huge opportunity to press his claims at this level but didn't work hard enough with or without the ball.

Love it when Goodes backs himself but sometimes he dwells on the ball too long at this level - less time and space than he's been used to. I hate the Nick Maxwell patented blind kick out of defence without looking as much as anyone, but Goodes on 3-4 occasions didn't dish off to a better target and put himself under pressure as a result.

G-Mo77
28-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Love it when Goodes backs himself but sometimes he dwells on the ball too long at this level - less time and space than he's been used to. I hate the blind kick out of defence without looking as much as anyone, but Goodes on 3-4 occasions didn't dish off to a better target and put himself under pressure as a result.

Yeah, Goodsey didn't have a good night. A few of anchored him for his hit and he'll probably miss a week because of it but I applaud him for it. I love his straight line running and the ability to inflict damage on his opponent, I never want him to change that, he just needs to tuck that elbow in. He got away with it at VFL level but he won't at AFL level. He'll learn from it.

Ghost Dog
28-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah, Goodsey didn't have a good night. A few of anchored him for his hit and he'll probably miss a week because of it but I applaud him for it. I love his straight line running and the ability to inflict damage on his opponent, I never want him to change that, he just needs to tuck that elbow in. He got away with it at VFL level but he won't at AFL level. He'll learn from it.

Still in our best 22. And as you say G-M077, that big barrel frame comes in handy. Was able to watch him close up. Defends well, needs another preseason to improve his attack.

Hotdog60
28-04-2013, 10:06 AM
My only thing about Goode's game was he was too slow to move it on from the kick outs. Easy to see from an arm chair but a few times players had lead to the middle with space and he held off and then kicked to a contest on the flank.

Safe and most likely under instruction but I think the riskier kick may have open up the centre.

Needs a good kick though.:)

G-Mo77
28-04-2013, 10:33 AM
My only thing about Goode's game was he was too slow to move it on from the kick outs. Easy to see from an arm chair but a few times players had lead to the middle with space and he held off and then kicked to a contest on the flank.

Safe and most likely under instruction but I think the riskier kick may have open up the centre.

Needs a good kick though.:)

No argument but that is mostly because of our opposition. Geelong set up very well and are a very disciplined team. All our players seemed a but reluctant at times.

westbulldog
28-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Shows how much they know with Selwood in the bests. I thought Lower really curbed the sooks influence.

shows how opinions differ doesn't it..... 4 of our posters other than me had Cooney in their best four.

Eastdog
28-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Bankers

Jones - Very happy with his game last night. His marking was really good.

Cross - A player that always puts the effort in

Stringer - Here is a preview of our future. He will have a really good career with us.

Anchors

Umpiring - They don't know what they are doing at times

Crowd - I was expecting over 30,000 and to me walking to and from the game there seemed to be more Geelong fans. The atmosphere was a little on the quiet side for me and even in the our reserved seat members area there were a few Geelong fans and quite a few empty seats

Some missed opportunities at goal which would have seen us get much closer

always right
28-04-2013, 12:20 PM
No argument but that is mostly because of our opposition. Geelong set up very well and are a very disciplined team. All our players seemed a but reluctant at times.

It would be really interesting if fans could see what it looks like to the bloke kicking out. Dare say the space we all see from the stands looks considerably tighter from the goal square.

bornadog
28-04-2013, 12:20 PM
shows how opinions differ doesn't it..... 4 of our posters other than me had Cooney in their best four.

I thought Cooney was brilliant in that last quarter, I just wish he had of showed more in the other quarters and the result may have even been closer.

ratsmac
28-04-2013, 01:12 PM
BANKERS

Jones - I loved the way he threw his big body around

Cross - reads the ball so well. Intercepted Geelong plays all night

Stringer - definitely put this one in the bank. He looks so natural at this level. Doesn't panic or look nervous. He will be a weapon in a few years.

ANCHORS

Ves - I thought really earned his spot in the team, but gave us nothing. I think Mackay stealing his free kick rocked his world and he never recovered.

Umpires - twats

Eastdog
28-04-2013, 01:58 PM
How did you guys rate Macrae's game last night when he came on as the sub

More towards Banker
Middle
More towards Anchor

G-Mo77
28-04-2013, 02:00 PM
It would be really interesting if fans could see what it looks like to the bloke kicking out. Dare say the space we all see from the stands looks considerably tighter from the goal square.

I was behind the goals against Richmond, up high which was a good perspective, still rather my wing seat.

I noticed a lot last night a player looked free but a Geelong defender was close enough to make a contest, Goodes got caught out with this quite a few times. Their Zone spacing was very good, mind you I think we did very well at breaking the lines in stages last night.

Hotdog60
28-04-2013, 02:00 PM
How did you guys rate Macrae's last night when he came on as the sub

More towards Banker
Middle
More towards Anchor

He would have upped his stakes if after doing all the hard work to get space had kicked the goal.

I think he maybe a player that needs to start the game rather than being sub in later.

Middle.

soupman
28-04-2013, 02:42 PM

Agree. Pathetic effort. We all complain about getting shit timeslots and no tv coverage, but on a warm Saturday night against a Victorian side we managed to get 26,000 people there, and I would be surprised if Geelong didn't make up nearly 20,000 of them. Not good enough.

Bizarrely this was also clearly the loudest COOOON of the night:) The COOOON cry has seemed to go out of fashion in recent years but could Tom Young be the player to bring it back????

ratsmac
28-04-2013, 02:42 PM
He would have upped his stakes if after doing all the hard work to get space had kicked the goal.

I think he maybe a player that needs to start the game rather than being sub in later.

Middle.

I agree with this. When he came on his footy instincts got him straight into the game but he looked as nervous as hell.

IMO he should always start then sub him if need be.

Remi Moses
28-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Lets be honest our fans are just as fickle as the rest.
Port and W. Coast drew 30,000 Saturday night, yet the corresponding fixture last year drew 13,000. High percentage of fans love winning and if your not, they don't rock up.

Dry Rot
29-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Bankers

Jones

Stringer

Smith

Anchors

Our ridiculous errors and turnovers, often unforced

Vez

Goodes' elbow (you just can't do that son)

w3design
29-04-2013, 08:08 AM
BANKERS

Jones - I loved the way he threw his big body around

Cross - reads the ball so well. Intercepted Geelong plays all night

Stringer - definitely put this one in the bank. He looks so natural at this level. Doesn't panic or look nervous. He will be a weapon in a few years.

ANCHORS

Ves - I thought really earned his spot in the team, but gave us nothing. I think Mackay stealing his free kick rocked his world and he never recovered.

Umpires - twats

This pretty much sums up the highlights well, but there were also a few more. Impressed that we hung in there and did not give it away at any stage.

Now for the anchors:
1. The match committee for going in with only one ruckman...dumb, dumb, dumb.
To be forced to use your [ developing] full back as the back up ruckman, thereby disrupting our back six is a recipe for disaster that should never ever be repeated!!!

2. The umpires [ for want of another polite description]. That was the worst display of officiating that did not include Razor Ray that I have witnessed in decades. As an earlier poster pointed out, when the hell did throwing the ball, and regularly, become ok in AFL?
Other non decisions where players on both sides climbed all over players backs, grappled
head high all went unpunished.
Now I am one who detests constant tiggy touchwood decisions, but if there are that many umps on the field, how on earth can they miss so many blatant and obvious infringements of the rules of the game?
A pathetic performance by the umps.

3. Vez. That poor that this should be his last senior game. Barely got near the ball.

Ozza
29-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Bankers:

Jones - always attacks the ball/contest really well - but his workrate was better this week so he got some easier opportunities as well.

Stringer - looks so comfortable at the level. And when was the last time a young key position forward came into the side and slotted 50m+ goals with ease. He's a beast.

Tutt - really really encouraging from Tutt. Made some errors, but also created some nice pieces of play with his pace and line breaking running.

Anchors:

Vez - disappointing that he couldn't get himself involved.
Austin - battled manfully overall, and allowed others to play more attacking positions...unfortunately he just got outclassed at times. (Just a little anchor - not a big heavy one).
Goodes - for getting himself (surely) rubbed out. Very clumsy stuff.

Ozza
29-04-2013, 10:15 AM

Its an incredibly hard job. I was quite often the kick in man when playing local footy - you're only really as good as the options that present themselves.

Goodes has made a few erros - but we are better at kicking in this year - than we were last year - when we were often kicking long to a contest.

Ozza
29-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I'll add an anchor for the crowd of 26,000.

Really really disappointing to sit there and see so many empty seats in the reserved seating areas.

P1ss poor.

LostDoggy
29-04-2013, 11:24 AM
2. The umpires [ for want of another polite description]. That was the worst display of officiating that did not include Razor Ray that I have witnessed in decades. As an earlier poster pointed out, when the hell did throwing the ball, and regularly, become ok in AFL?
Other non decisions where players on both sides climbed all over players backs, grappled
head high all went unpunished.
Now I am one who detests constant tiggy touchwood decisions, but if there are that many umps on the field, how on earth can they miss so many blatant and obvious infringements of the rules of the game?
A pathetic performance by the umps.

I am still astounded at the 'out of bounds on the full' in our forward pocket (right in front of where I sit). Was kicked out by the Geelong player. According to my hubby who was watching on tv, the umpire said 'your free number 8 (Veszpremi), yet the Geelong player picked it up, kicked it in and they ended up getting a goal from it. Why the hell didn't the umpires pull it up?? :confused:

whythelongface
29-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Bankers

1/ Jones/ Stringer forward combination. Exciting times await us watching these two young guys continue to develop and lead our forward line in the future.

2/ Lower - negated Selwood's influence on the game. Keeping him to just 20 possessions.

3/ Our fightback and the ability to run out the game. Potentially the scoreline could have blown out, however the team were able to fight their way back into the game and give themselves a (albeit very slight) chance of winning. It would be nice to win one of these games against the better teams but I was happy enough just to see us compete with a top team.

Anchors:

1/ As others have mentioned Vez just doesn't appear to be up to it. Like to give him another chance but feel we are just wasting time.

soupman
29-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Now for the anchors:
1. The match committee for going in with only one ruckman...dumb, dumb, dumb.
To be forced to use your [ developing] full back as the back up ruckman, thereby disrupting our back six is a recipe for disaster that should never ever be repeated!!!

Pretty sure the original plan was for Austin to play Cordy's role, including as the backup ruck. I guess it was a message to Cordy that he needs to compete more, and they were hoping that Austin could show something as a defensive forward type who could also fill in down back if any of Hawkins, Taylor, Pods, West etc started getting too much.

However with Hawkins out and Roughead struggling to find a suitable matchup they threw him forward into the Cordy role instead. I 'm fairly confiendt that if hawkins played Roughead wouldn't have seen any time in the ruck.

Hotdog60
29-04-2013, 07:32 PM
I am still astounded at the 'out of bounds on the full' in our forward pocket (right in front of where I sit). Was kicked out by the Geelong player. According to my hubby who was watching on tv, the umpire said 'your free number 8 (Veszpremi), yet the Geelong player picked it up, kicked it in and they ended up getting a goal from it. Why the hell didn't the umpires pull it up?? :confused:

Gieschen said today the the umpire had made an error and the communication should have been better. Pity it went down the other end for a goal.

Ghost Dog
29-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Boyd - Banker or Anchor for the hit on Selwood? :)

Hotdog60
29-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Boyd - Banker or Anchor for the hit on Selwood? :)

Anchor! He didn't hit him hard enough.;)

Ghost Dog
29-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Anchor! He didn't hit him hard enough.;)

LOL! ( and it did make me laugh out loud )

LostDoggy
29-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Could not agree more. No excuse.
Ditto I thought our turn up was very poor.
I would be interesed in how many did not go because they thought we woud be thrashed.
Their loss they missed a great game by us, whilst we shoud not happy with losing, t was as good as a win at our stage development.

Maddog37
29-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I had my sons birthday party.

Can we stop the crowd numbers whining now? Crapping on about it on a forum after the event stinks of self praise.

AndrewP6
29-04-2013, 09:47 PM
I had my sons birthday party.

Can we stop the crowd numbers whining now? Crapping on about it on a forum after the event stinks of self praise.

Huh? Pointing out how disappointing it is to be outnumbered at a home game by opposition fans isn't self-praise. Certainly, there would have been some mitigating circumstances, the fact remains it was a very poor turnout.

LostDoggy
30-04-2013, 09:29 AM

I know not all of them wear the camera, but the TV stations could go to the goal umpires view through their hat cameras. Would show the viewers how difficult it is to kick out at ground level to strong defensive zones.

Maddog37
30-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Huh? Pointing out how disappointing it is to be outnumbered at a home game by opposition fans isn't self-praise. Certainly, there would have been some mitigating circumstances, the fact remains it was a very poor turnout.

I really struggled to state my thoughts clearly. It just felt as though people were saying "I was there but you weren't, weak as water". A sort of holier than thou approach.

I was probably over the top in my response but it was grating on my nerves.

F'scary
30-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I really struggled to state my thoughts clearly. It just felt as though people were saying "I was there but you weren't, weak as water". A sort of holier than thou approach.

I am with you - not on AndrewP6's comments but in relation to some others where I think it has even been said (words to the effect) "if you don't make it to the game, you are not a real supporter."

bornadog
30-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I am with you - not on AndrewP6's comments but in relation to some others where I think it has even been said (words to the effect) "if you don't make it to the game, you are not a real supporter."

how many games have you been to this year?

The Pie Man
30-04-2013, 04:30 PM

Off thread topic I know - but I hear what you're saying

I wasn't there either - I was at a concert I'd paid in excess of $100 to go to, so I wasn't missing it. Otherwise, I would have been there.

Did I see it was against Geelong and think 'not a bad one to miss really' when realising the clash? Yep.

If I was there, would I have been filthy with the low Bulldog turnout for a Saturday night game. Yep. If we were travelling well, we'd have got 40,000 to that.

If we start stringing good performances together late in the season, maybe fans will shake off the rebuilding fatigue in 2014.

chef
30-04-2013, 06:04 PM

What a load of sh.............

Ghost Dog
30-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Ah well - I only make it to a few games a year. And I get the lowest membership option possible because of finances. Guess I'm not a real supporter. So it goes.

azabob
30-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Ah well - I only make it to a few games a year. And I get the lowest membership option possible because of finances. Guess I'm not a real supporter. So it goes.

But you went Saturday night so you must be!!

azabob
30-04-2013, 09:57 PM
how many games have you been to this year?

What is more important being a member or attending games?

Ghost Dog
30-04-2013, 10:44 PM
But you went Saturday night so you must be!!

I loved it. Was great being in front of goal. Could see the color of Clay Smith's underwear. :D

SlimPickens
30-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Bankers
Jones- work rate = reward

Smith- offered plenty as a forward. Was surprised with how good he performed up there.

Stringer- not afraid to back his ability.

Anchors
Cross- turnovers at crucial times, over committing at the contest when a corral was needed. Just some costly mistakes particularly in the 2nd qtr.

Vez- needed to do more with his opportunity.

Umpiring- that first qtr on the full is the worst officiating I have ever seen.